[Story] Balanced Energy

TheDragonsRoost

Some stories have good endings.
Some stories have bad endings.
Not this story.

Picture if you will a lone Druii wandering the forest in a frozen instance of Time. He would wear the formal attire of someone with royal blood coursing through his veins as if his life depended on his body having such royalty in his body. He had died long ago in a bygone age and wandered the forest for eons after his death, but even in this beautiful scene of the morning sun rising and the peaceful atmosphere of the forest, something had felt off.

This druid had forgotten his mortal name long ago and nearly all the memories of his mortal life, though it would seem his story had not been over all those years ago. He did not remember his death at all or how he woke up in this strange place all that time ago, but he felt the Song of Nature sing in a soft hum throughout the forest, but in one very specific area the song would slowly dim until it would be completely unheard.

"Curious," the druid would speak as he'd walk into a small clearing, hearing the Song start to diminish. "Why would this beautiful place become so silent here?"

He would not feel nor hear someone approaching in front of him, though he could see a distortion in the space in front of him. Ripples in the fabric of spacetime and the forest would go silent as the ripples began to expand to reveal a dark Oblivion behind a mystical tunnel that seemed to be ethereal in nature. In this tunnel, a lone man would walk towards the druid. This man seemed to control the tunnel and the tunnel itself seemed to even respond to his commands. The druid was completely taken off-guard of the stranger who seemed to govern the magical tunnel into the forest and was taking a few steps back as if he feared the being.

"In the name of the Aspects..." the druid would say as he'd notice the man walking towards him from the tunnel, sounding scared of the man in front of him. "What in the name of the Aspects are you..?"

A strange disembodied voice would meet his question with a soft feminine whisper, almost as if the Aspect of Life herself was replying to the druid. "That is the Lord of Creation, a man so powerful that he could slaughter divine beings with his magic and stop wars with his knowledge in swordsplay and experience in the bow and arrow. He is coming for you....."

This would make the druid very scared and run for his life in the forest, but little did he know that the Lord of Creation was here for something else entirely. Something that meant he would be changing the course of History forever. He was there to teach the druid Balance Magic, but even with that kind of magic, he knew that the druid would need to spread it as well.

The Lord of Creation knew the druid's name. His name was King Abelas of the Dominion of Malin and he wanted to make sure that Abelas knew what had been done in his time inside of the Eternal Forest. However, Abelas did not know the Lord of Creation's name and he would never know while he had resided within the Eternal Forest...

OOC:
This is meant to be a short story based upon the character that @Will (TauFirewarrior)roleplayed, known as King Abelas. In NO WAY is this meant to be disrespectful or harmful towards the character as I thoroughly enjoyed his character and as such, this story is meant to be NON-CANON. In this story, the "Lord of Creation" character is based off of my character of the same origin from my upcoming Lord of Creation book series and the setting of the story is set 400-500 years after the PK event (IC-time).

Note for Will: Loved roleplaying with you as you played as Abelas. Hope to enjoy your child char in roleplay! -Kev

I wish I was as cool as the Lord of Creation.

Sadly, this Lord of Creation is my own creation for a book series that isn't even canon to LOTC. I started it before I even joined LOTC lel ?

Having the main character of your book being the most powerful thing in the universe pretty much from the start makes the book boring as it's impossible for any real conflict or emotional investment.