[✗] Clarifications to the Mani + Summoning Mani

WuHanXianShi14

2 hours ago, HolyTortoise said:

Why not have et play them, if they are mainly for events? I can see this becoming yet another druid specific creature because 'MUH ASPECTS'

2 hours ago, Jentos said:

Problem is 95% of the druid playerbase are actual anime characters that just point and cast, with little depth, i truly doubt to see any real good from this, as it seems to only give more ways to empower druids, as well as being a carbon copy of orcish spirits. 

Druids have enough stuff thank you very much.

*cough*

hi it's me, gallic, the non-druid human who leads a culture that holds mani in a status of worship and occasionally holds rituals for them

Edited by Gallic

Mani require ET to be played for interaction. Players can't casually summon them and RP as them.

Reminder to orc shamans that the concept of deific patrons aren't solely their original idea.

Why would Mani come and speak with Descendants unless it is of importance to them? I feel like a Mani wouldn't give 2 shits, even if there was a ritual or sacrifice unless there was something of grand importance. Your personal problems aren't considered problems of grand importance.

How about we don't give Druids another thing they can use, they already have way too many things and abilities, honestly don't give them anymore s*** why don't we just make Druids gods whilst we are at it? Because at this point they need a phat nerf,  have not seen more of an overpowered magic, a longer learning time is not a good reasoning also, I am sad and tired of Druids getting more things, take some things from them, I can't say I am mad because I am not, I just don't like overpowered magic.

A thing that makes me very frusterated is I'll never make one until they get nerfed, because overpowered magic is not fun to play, or even fight against, when they spawn roots from out of nowhere, it is a pity that it is so powerful that I need to even borderline powergame to stand a chance against them, or get all of my friends to help me, also summons make almost no sense for protecters of the wilds, servants of the Aspects, sure nature magic makes sense, but anything else does not, Mani should not be summonable by anyone, they should not heed the call of some lowly Druid, they should only be used for Events approved by the Lore Team, Druids should not get more stuff, if Druids do get more stuff, their needs to be a clear way to combat them.

If their is an Anti-Druid Magic, o let me know, if not they need a core flaw in their Magical abilities, like using it too much kills them, like Voidal, or they get very exursted after a while like Ascended Magic, if their is one, do let me know.

12 minutes ago, Jondead said:

How about we don't give Druids another thing they can use

This is already a thing, lore was just needed to clarify the stuff that had already been roleplayed out.

14 minutes ago, Jondead said:

spawn roots from out of nowhere

Druids are limited to the plants in their surroundings, if they are doing this screenshot and report them. People powergame magic all the time, instead of blaming the magic and asking for nerfs blame the people roleplaying the magic **** and report them.

16 minutes ago, Jondead said:

they should only be used for Events approved by the Lore Team

They are. A druid can't just summon these guys and roleplay them on his own.

17 minutes ago, Jondead said:

If their is an Anti-Druid Magic, o let me know

I believe Iconoclasts can effect deity magic, I'm unsure though.

50 minutes ago, Elrith said:

Why would Mani come and speak with Descendants unless it is of importance to them? I feel like a Mani wouldn't give 2 shits, even if there was a ritual or sacrifice unless there was something of grand importance. Your personal problems aren't considered problems of grand importance.

Exactly

"Help, my wife is gonna leave me, what should I do" obviously won't trigger any sort of Mani response

"Help, I think this ancient eldritch monster is goign to burn down large swathes of this primeval forest we live in" obviously would be more likely to trigger a Mani response.

To address @Jentos @_Jandy_ Hate to break it to you buddy, but mineman orcs don't have a trademark on animist-type deities. It's almost as if different cultures all around the world have worshipped spirit-figures for thousands of years, and its natural for humans to see supernatural themes in nature around them (such as Animals, in this case) and turn them into religion.

I don't care about Orcish lore nor do I have any desire to make elven culture anything like it. The inspiration from the Mani comes mostly from real world cultures. Mainly Japanese Shintoism, Celtic Paganism, and Northwest Coast Natives (Haida, Tsimshian, Salish and Wakashan). The name "Hamatsa" is actually the name of a Kwakwaka'wakw (native) potlatch dance involving supernatural birds, hence why I used it as a Mani's name. Amaethon and others are inspired by Celtic goddesses (Epona, goddess of horses) and the whole idea for Mani came about tbh when I watched princess Mononoke and was like 'woah animal gods is a cool idea yo'.

44 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

To address @Jentos @_Jandy_ Hate to break it to you buddy, but mineman orcs don't have a trademark on animist-type deities. It's almost as if different cultures all around the world have worshipped spirit-figures for thousands of years, and its natural for humans to see supernatural themes in nature around them (such as Animals, in this case) and turn them into religion.

I don't care about Orcish lore nor do I have any desire to make elven culture anything like it. The inspiration from the Mani comes mostly from real world cultures.

Nobody's saying it isn't plausible, neither are they saying that orcs have a trademark on pagan shamanism-type religions. What they are saying, though, is that it's kinda **** and counter-productive when your piece of lore is literally the same as another piece of lore already implemented into the server. Like, literally from the way you summon them, to the nature of lesser spirits etc.

Yeah, sure, have your deities. Try at least to have some sort of unique twist on them maybe. Something that doesn't break consistency by resembling other deity-lore head to toe (whether you actually inspired yourself from 'kwakwakwakwa' dances or not). Try and keep a stake of originality, for the server's sake if anything else.

Edited by Joltastik

48 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

"Help, my wife is gonna leave me, what should I do" obviously won't trigger any sort of Mani response

"Help, I think this ancient eldritch monster is goign to burn down large swathes of this primeval forest we live in" obviously would be more likely to trigger a Mani response.

I don't care about Orcish lore nor do I have any desire to make elven culture anything like it. The inspiration from the Mani comes mostly from real world cultures. Mainly Japanese Shintoism, Celtic Paganism, and Northwest Coast Natives (Haida, Tsimshian, Salish and Wakashan). The name "Hamatsa" is actually the name of a Kwakwaka'wakw (native) potlatch dance involving supernatural birds, hence why I used it as a Mani's name. Amaethon and others are inspired by Celtic goddesses (Epona, goddess of horses) and the whole idea for Mani came about tbh when I watched princess Mononoke and was like 'woah animal gods is a cool idea yo'.

Whilst you say this I am almost one hundred persent sure they would not care if an Voidal Terror came by, unless they had something to gain, gods would not give a single s*** about anyone unless they have something to gain from it, a god seeks power and to advance their own goal, Mani should not care about living people, only the Souls of the Forest or whatever, this rule Applies to anything AengulDaemonic, Aspects only care about Nature and the Animals, nothing more, Aeriel the Souls of people, not anything more, Tahariae purity, Dagur Hording Knowledge, the list goes on, also sure not all Spirits are from the Spirit Realm, all with meaning are (most of the time) it is not really a Orcish thing, it is a ground magicical lore, now if they are Fae it could work, makeing them created by the Aspects as a warden of everything Nature from the Desendants wicked cruel.

Also Animal gods don't need to be summoned it could be they wander the realm and can be killed like everything else that claims to be a Deity, just like how Aenguls and Daemons can be killed, because they are just magical creatures and not gods per say, also Spirit lore is not Orc Lore fyi it is a Realm Untaimed and created to keep the tempermentals of Spirits a none-physical realm around everyone at all times, if I remember rightly, whilst Sprite Gods sound fun, they should just be apart of the Spirital Lore yeah? It would be a grand waste of time making yet another realm just for the Mani pretender-gods.

Mani Spirits and their characteristic ranks have been defined since their implementation within Axios. As seen here with the original Mani Lore below. This lore submission was created as a clarification on the process of summoning said Mani, not to add more things within the natural world. The Fae Realm is always confirmed lore as found below as well and has been for some time. Using rituals, objects, kills, shrines, and what have you isn't specifically locked down to any one group. Quite a few magics use such things to gain an audience or do an ability for an intended effect. 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/161955-✓-mani-demigods-of-the-wild/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/161000-✓-the-fae-realm/

3 hours ago, Gallic said:

*cough*

hi it's me, gallic, the non-druid human who leads a culture that holds mani in a status of worship and occasionally holds rituals for them

Don't worry my dude, you're part of that 5%. Rituals and the likes of it are fine, what i dislike however is that now there may very well be a way for mani to empower Druids, especially since they can be summoned now. While I understand this rewrite brings forth all manner of roleplay, i really, and do not trust the current playerbase to do any good with it, rather, to tear it apart and destroy the lore. Look what they did to Thulean. Disgusting.

Don't really care much further. Any comments that mani shouldn't be summoned are moot. Especially by orcs rpers whose magic involves summoning spirits. Purely hypocritical. 

Mani have already been summoned in rp multiple times. It's already canon lore, and this is just a clarification piece giving it guidelines and boundaries. 

Just because your magic has superficial aesthetic similarities to my lore doesn't mean you need to scrape every bottom of the barrel reason to invalidate it (personally attacking most druid rpers in the process) 

Just now, WuHanXianShi14 said:

Don't really care much further. Any comments that mani shouldn't be summoned are moot. Especially by orcs rpers whose magic involves summoning spirits. Purely hypocritical. 

Only with the enlisted help of a farseer and through substancial rp (If the Spirit even cares to manifest itself). Otherwise, spirit manifestations only happen during vague ass dreams, and even then they're extremely rare, and mostly called off as the imagination of the one that dreams it. As far as I can see, the 'summoning' ritual and process here is quite lackluster. Enough dancers and druids and unspecified rituals and you can summon a god? lol

3 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

Mani have already been summoned in rp multiple times. It's already canon lore, and this is just a clarification piece giving it guidelines and boundaries. 

**** boundaries, see above.

3 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

Just because your magic has superficial aesthetic similarities to my lore doesn't mean you need to scrape every bottom of the barrel reason to invalidate it

superficial aesthetic similarities? You mean the core jist of it, just without the detail?

7 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

(personally attacking most druid rpers in the process) 

Blank+_f0ad51ca8caaa73c3dc19f314862bded.

2 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

(personally attacking most druid rpers in the process) 

When you state that Druids can summon litual demi-gods they will do that, nothing wrong with having them summoned if their is a great gain for said Mani, and almost none for the Mani, Mani and other gods don't care about people, they give power away to gain the person as a pawn to advance their own ideals, even IF a Mani would grant some of their power to a person, it would have to be as temperary as a few minutes at best, as stated, they are less powerful then Aenguls or Daemons, whom are pretty strong on their own realm, but outside an AengulDaemon is so weak they are easily defeated and killed, also I have nothing against Druid Roleplayers just the consept of them gaining the ability of SUMMONING a Demi-god makes zero sense, because why would they ever? Is the powers the three Aspects granted them not enough for them, that they must use the Beasts that betrayed the Aspects to their own will, also I do not trust a community that has Meta-rallied in the past with something like a Demi-God for their own gain.

Now the reason I dislike it is not because it is not good lore, it is great lore, it is because it enpowers Druidic people too much with the power it grants, you could quite litually just make it so everyone could summon it instead of saying some elven clans and Druids can have a chance to, this is smething I'd love to see everyone be able to use and not too see it discredited like so much other stuff the ruids can somehow  get away with using like Shapeshifting for an example.

Claiming druids can't interact with demigods on one hand while orcs interact with immortal spirits regularly is simply hypocritical and is not a valid argument. If you think creatures of this calibre shouldn't be approachable in rp, then it applies to everyone, not Just us. No double standards. When orcish spirits, aenguls, daemons and other deities are no longer approachable as well, then come talk to me.

Mani are not allies to the druids and depending on the circumstance are just as likely to harm as well as help. You would know this if you read the lore. I'm not concerned if your only rebuttal to this is "I don't trust druids, they're **** rpers" as druids will not be rping as the mani. Mani are not druid lore, mani is mani lore.

Your opinions on whether or not this lore should exist is irrelevant, since it already does, and has for more than a year. The mani have been actively involved in rp for a long time now, and this is just a clarification regulating HOW they are summoned. Not the place to debate whether or not they should be, since it's already canon lore that they can.

Finally, claiming animist inspired lore based off real world cultures is a carbon copy of orcish lore both shows a profound lack of understanding of this lore, as well as an incredible amount of arrogance and self centredness. May be a hard pill to swallow, but it's the truth.

57 minutes ago, Delmodan said:

Mani Spirits and their characteristic ranks have been defined since their implementation within Axios. As seen here with the original Mani Lore below. This lore submission was created as a clarification on the process of summoning said Mani, not to add more things within the natural world. The Fae Realm is always confirmed lore as found below as well and has been for some time. Using rituals, objects, kills, shrines, and what have you isn't specifically locked down to any one group. Quite a few magics use such things to gain an audience or do an ability for an intended effect. 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/161955-✓-mani-demigods-of-the-wild/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/161000-✓-the-fae-realm/

I wish I could read the fae realm post