[✗] Clarifications to the Mani + Summoning Mani

WuHanXianShi14

13 minutes ago, HolyTortoise said:

Lore-wise yes, but in the purpose of players receiving special events nobody will ever get vaporized by them

Whether or not you trust the LT regulating the lore has no baring on the lore itself, and isn't our concern tbh. I know delmodan won't let us get away with ****, butted heads with her too many times to know that 

1 minute ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

Whether or not you trust the LT regulating the lore has no baring on the lore itself, and isn't our concern tbh. I know delmodan won't let us get away with ****, butted heads with her too many times to know that  

Delmodan is my mom so you can expect that from me as well, as of currently im the ET who tends to get pulled into the majority of Druid-Related ET needs.

The premise and added information as a whole gets a BIG ol' +1 from me. Currently I feel a lot of Deity Magics could benefit from interactions with patrons given interaction with a Deity is all but inconceivable at this point. It leaves variability and flavor of broader worship fairly limited/repetitive, thus the existence of patrons combined with the possibility of ACTUALLY reaching out to one for it to take notice is a phenomenally more engaging experience. Does this mean contacting Mani should be frequent or easy? No, rather rare and tasking. Should it be go-to solution for calling down wrath on random enemies? No, nor would one likely give much of a damn. Will Druids be buffed by this unfairly? To that I ask "how does it even buff them in any practical way that makes anything save for specific bonkers ET established scenarios potentially more surmountable?"

It'll still be up to LT at the end of the day and I'm positive there will be a myriad of rituals that go unanswered. Mani are already firmly cemented into culture and all this does is clarify details that were missing in the original Lore Submission. I don't even understand why Shamanism would be valid matter to get upset about considering their only likeness is that interactivity - to which Mani are more constrained overall. It's such a silly thing to get worked up over.

All of that being said, I do have qualms with the post itself. Distinctly being a noticeable lack of elaboration. The rituals themselves to supposed corruption seem a tad vague. Examples of tributes, susceptibility to other varieties of corruption, aftereffects of a Mani's potential death. These and other tidbits I feel are missing from the broader understanding necessary. Just my personal thoughts anywhoodle.

Edited by ThatGuy_777

Please don’t make them summonable. Just let them be there. There should be only ET events of them showing up. Not “Hey fellas lets summon a Mani because we can!”

Mani summoning shouldn't be a thing, even if the section wasn't written as vague as certain dark souls pieces that we have

1 hour ago, FlamboyantRage said:

Mani summoning shouldn't be a thing, even if the section wasn't written as vague as certain dark souls pieces that we have

Yikes

21 minutes ago, FlamboyantRage said:

Already is a thing, you told us to clarify it so we are. If shamans can summon spirits to buff them then we can summon nature demigods to a similar effect (without even guaranteeing any sort of success or boon, like shamanism does) 

Remove the double standard and we'll remove the lore and precedent for summoning mani 

i agree with leo over here every magic should be the same no matter what. shamanism = druidism, both religions of peace

58 minutes ago, Quirkyls said:

i agree with leo over here every magic should be the same no matter what. shamanism = druidism, both religions of peace

Religion of peace....

50 minutes ago, FlamboyantRage said:

if mani exist and they've been summoned in the past why wouldn't they be summoned now

magic demigod animals bestowing wisdom upon desperate worshipers is an amazing fantasy trope

also I think the phrasing of "summoning" might be confusing some people, from what I understand they aren't like, conjuring big demigods; they're inviting them to arrive, and if their efforts are noticed and the mani feels like it, they make an appearance

Mani Summoning reminds me of the Vikings having huge sacrifical prties for their Nordic gods. Since LOTC already has the precendent of godly interaction it makes sense that you can attempt to contact them (not even “gods”). This is player driven story content & it is what we should be investing our energy instead of waiting for ET world events to tell us what to do. Players need tools to interact with and change the world they rp in.

Idk why there is so much hate here. It is just a post clarifying how a culture, religion, and aspectal realm (which were all built up and slowy defined ACTUALLY IG) may be carried out. It is giving another tool to the ET & LT that play them.

This is LOTC where magical things occur. Get out of here with your messy medieval hyper realism roleplay. This has nothing to do with the orcs and isn’t some buff for war. Just so much salt.

Druids have enough "event" hooks. If you want something "cool" to RP for events, use a meldamiriel. Use an ent. Use a spriggan. This is just another blatant attempt to empower the aspectist religion to get a leg up on everyone else. Hard no from me. Use what you already have instead of summoning literal demigods to force your will on other players. 

2 hours ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

Claiming druids can't interact with demigods on one hand while orcs interact with immortal spirits regularly is simply hypocritical and is not a valid argument. If you think creatures of this calibre shouldn't be approachable in rp, then it applies to everyone, not Just us. No double standards. When orcish spirits, aenguls, daemons and other deities are no longer approachable as well, then come talk to me.

Nobody said you can't summon your little tree spirits, bud. You could at least make it more unique and in depth, because the current 'clarification' goes as far as to tell you that you should gather some dancers and druids and do some unspecified ritual until a poopy-doopy animal spirit spawns (or not). I'm not criticizing the lore because i don't want druids to spawn their mani. I'm criticizing the lore because each piece of lore and it's respective branches are supposed to provide original rp rather than rehashing already used ideas.

carbon copy of orcish lore

they are painstakingly similar in several manners=/= it's a carbon copy of it. 

Your opinions on whether or not this lore should exist is irrelevant, since it already does, and has for more than a year.

Well, your post re-brought it to the surface, and lore is always open to free criticism. That, and the addition of simplistic, half-assed summoning rituals.

3 hours ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

profound lack of understanding

arrogance and self centredness

it's the truth.

rofl

57 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

Already is a thing, you told us to clarify it so we are. If shamans can summon spirits to buff them then we can summon nature demigods to a similar effect

And there you were saying this isn't for druids???