Return of the Ferals

DrHope

15 hours ago, The Templar said:

No. Just. NO! This server has already shown it /cannot/ handle ferals. They were nigh exclusively controlled by druids the last time, going from a curse to a combat shapeshifting magic. NO! 

I mean if you make the argument that Ferals shouldn't come back  because of the people that played them then I can make 10x the reasons for why Ascended should be shelved. Any magic or creature can be abused. If they're abusing it then fix the lore and use magic blacklists (I mean you should know them pretty well considering you had one.)

2 hours ago, drfate786 said:

No, no more Furries. The last time Ferals were a thing they were full of ridiculous levels of cringe and I know that the moment this is accepted the same people from before will try to get their blind seers turned back into Ferals among other cringe.

They're also the Necros who had to fight them and engaged in combat with such foolish things as blind seer wolves and wolfman plant people among other things.. There's also a rumor that they ERP'ed but that's just hearsay.

drfate if you really have the stance of they shouldn't come back because of cringe then the entire server should be shut down. Not to mention the group that you're a part of (the necros and undead) are just as cringey and have more issues with powergaming than any feral could dream. 

Knowing you I feel like when you say "engaged in combat with such foolish things" you mean that things didn't go your way and you thought it was unfair. Its also sad that you like to perpetuate rumors of ERP when I know more than a handful of people that ERP'd with their undead.

17 hours ago, DrHope said:

The magic of holy men and women can harm the beasts, however depending on the tier and its effectiveness, the feral may not be harmed at all.

Tier 1 and 2 will only scare it or the feral can shrug it off.

Tier 3-4 can injure it, or even break a few things

Tier 5 should be able to kill the beast

Holy magic hurts everyone equally now. It's not feasible to label this as a weakness to counteract your strengths.

Overall still -1 this isnt something we need for a solid year or so. We need time to recover from the last ones that ended up becoming household furries.

2 hours ago, Total_Xanarchy said:

I mean if you make the argument that Ferals shouldn't come back  because of the people that played them then I can make 10x the reasons for why Ascended should be shelved. Any magic or creature can be abused. If they're abusing it then fix the lore and use magic blacklists (I mean you should know them pretty well considering you had one.)

drfate if you really have the stance of they shouldn't come back because of cringe then the entire server should be shut down. Not to mention the group that you're a part of (the necros and undead) are just as cringey and have more issues with powergaming than any feral could dream. 

Knowing you I feel like when you say "engaged in combat with such foolish things" you mean that things didn't go your way and you thought it was unfair. Its also sad that you like to perpetuate rumors of ERP when I know more than a handful of people that ERP'd with their undead.

I didn't have a magic blacklist, where did you get that false information? Also, stop using my damn username every time you start a paragraph, that's rude and annoying.

Ignoring everything else, you don't seem to understand how lore on LoTC works. The reason people back in the day were 100% against werewolves and vampires ever being a thing is because people would create literal characters from Twilight to use for ERP. Which is exactly what happened with the previous lore and playerbase, they weren't interested in using Ferals to create any RP and instead just did slice of life in the dominion while rampantly abusing their Feral form for use in RP combat as some combat advantage. It wasn't a curse in any way and was more of a blessing if anything. If this lore is accepted without any redlines once or ever it will lead to the same issues as before and thus be shelved.

The Ascended were nearly shelved and are still being re-worked with the possibility of shelving, the Sutican clerics were wiped off the face of the server for their known cringe and pretty much everyone else affiliated with them either left or redeemed themselves. 

it's a great idea, but you should be more detailed, for the heights, and you should put that time of transformation is for example: 2-3 emote, and as against putting a 'rage' like that of the orcs, but at the sight of the blood or when the character is hungry, things like that.

and sincerely to avoid the druid thing for avoid 'problems', and guys ... if someone does 'powergaming', there is the modreq,
I remind you that there are still so many things that still do powergaming.
(anyway 1+)

Edited by Goblinberg

12 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

I didn't have a magic blacklist, where did you get that false information? Also, stop using my damn username every time you start a paragraph, that's rude and annoying.

Ignoring everything else, you don't seem to understand how lore on LoTC works. The reason people back in the day were 100% against werewolves and vampires ever being a thing is because people would create literal characters from Twilight to use for ERP. Which is exactly what happened with the previous lore and playerbase, they weren't interested in using Ferals to create any RP and instead just did slice of life in the dominion while rampantly abusing their Feral form for use in RP combat as some combat advantage. It wasn't a curse in any way and was more of a blessing if anything. If this lore is accepted without any redlines once or ever it will lead to the same issues as before and thus be shelved.

The Ascended were nearly shelved and are still being re-worked with the possibility of shelving, the Sutican clerics were wiped off the face of the server for their known cringe and pretty much everyone else affiliated with them either left or redeemed themselves. 

Ok drfate why do you have this assumption that my entire reply was about you. Go back and read it again since you clearly didn't see it all. Now that you've read it here's what I have to say-

Using the excuse "b-but t-twilight cringe!" isn't an argument anymore considering we have the strigae (And yes they're vampires, lets not kid ourselves), and we had Ferals (and like it or not honey, most if not all of them didn't do "twilight cringe rp" and "ERP in feral form" make another excuse. Because you're clearly stretching). I know for a fact that you have little to no knowledge of those who had Feral previously and are basing your opinions off of hearsay from those who clearly disliked those who had the curse OOCly. I've SEEN them roleplay their curse, and I'm not being biased either. I get absolutely salty when people will take the time to keep from RPing their curse or magic properly, hell I almost beat the **** out of a Humunculus I made many months ago because I heard they were going against lore. I hung around a lot of the ferals. and they didn't take it lightly. Yes it IS a combat advantage HOWEVER they were forced to deal with the drawbacks and around 90% of them did. It was probably a rogue 2 or 3 that didn't. What you're doing is basically the equivalent of me saying something like "W-Well. . . lichs can cast without exhaustion! thats not fair!" and ignore that they have downsides.

Once again I can make the same "bad apples in the bunch" argument about the undead community. There have been MANY cases of people unable to RP a ghoul properly. I think you and others on this post make the mistake of not realizing that magic blacklists are a thing and that they can be reported to LT and MT.

I'm going to be real for this one moment, and don't take it as toxic. If you're going to sit there and b*tch about players abusing lore and not RPing it properly, BUT you won't talk to MT or LT over the issues to get them repremanded for their actions then you have no right to b*tch about the situation because you're doing nothing to help mend it.

Your issues are not issues with the lore itself drfate, its rather with the people that RP'd it. Which is a really petty excuse and practically spits in the face of those that try to rewrite the lore. 

2 hours ago, Total_Xanarchy said:

I had an Ascended? Holy hell when was that!? I think you've mixed me up with someone else, I've never liked them. ?

8 minutes ago, The Templar said:

I had an Ascended? Holy hell when was that!? I think you've mixed me up with someone else, I've never liked them. ?

I wasn't saying you had an Ascended character. Didn't mean to imply it. Just using them as an example because they're something that I feel have no purpose anymore, and have no real reason to stay a thing RPly. 

EDIT: I meant you should know blacklists because you had one. That was what I was referencing you having in my original comment.

Edited by Total_Xanarchy

5 hours ago, drfate786 said:

and I know that the moment this is accepted the same people from before will try to get their blind seers turned back into Ferals among other cringe

You are speaking from a complete place of ignorance, the ferals had a chance to rewrite lore (which they did) but ultimately it was the feral community that asked it to be shelved and removed, the lore wasn't even reviewed... So saying they will want to come back is not the case at all, if anything the ""same people from before"" will be against the ferals returning in the first place.

I'm rather disappointed, to be honest.

I believe that Ferals should always be a Curse.

If you have attempted to rewrite the ferals with no regard for what both the Lore Team and the community itself thought of them as well as well as the criticisms brought against the old Ferals due to the many issues that were obvious within both the old Feral community - the way it was used, the people who used it (no offense Sug <3), you have a lot coming.

I think making them unable to use any magic does fix the situation. It keeps it out of the hands of druids who already have their own shapeshifting and don't really need this anyway. And it gives it to normal characters who don't have much going for them. I'd love to see a noble human house overrun by ferals. Also y'all need to be more sneaky about who is and isn't a feral, be illusive like strigae.

drfate doesn't speak for necromancy. Also this rewrite isn't nearly detailed enough or written well enough.

15 hours ago, jyecarson said:

unable to use any magic does fix the situation

No it doesn't. We had non-magic folk as ferals, there were still issues. Just let it stay dead.