Return of the Ferals

DrHope

3 hours ago, Sky said:

No it doesn't. We had non-magic folk as ferals, there were still issues. Just let it stay dead. 

We get it, you don't like the lore. But clearly a lot of people do and want to make it work on the server. Commenting let it stay dead over and over isn't very productive. Werewolf lore has been trying to worm it's way into the server for a long time, it's nothing new. If this isn't accepted another one will pop up eventually.

1 hour ago, jyecarson said:

We get it, you don't like the lore. But clearly a lot of people do and want to make it work on the server. Commenting let it stay dead over and over isn't very productive. Werewolf lore has been trying to worm it's way into the server for a long time, it's nothing new. If this isn't accepted another one will pop up eventually.

No, it's not just the lore. I literally am one of the original players of feral lore, and there aren't clearly a lot of people that want it, the vocal minority doesn't make it a lot of people, more people want it gone. I am not trying to be productive, the community who played the group don't want it anymore, as we requested it to be removed. The lore isn't adding anything or removing any problem, I'm sorry that you want it back but it shouldn't come back, not sorry.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm to contribute, I don't think this lore is anywhere near sufficient to pass. I suggested when you approached me in-game (if that was you, I could be mistaken) that you speak with the original lore maker, and since you didn't there's really no way you could have had a deep enough understanding to form a good rework. This would be excusable if you were aiming to propose new lore, not based on something, but to try and create a new version of old lore without doing your research is... Well, it's not a good look, and it's certainly not likely to succeed.

Obviously you're interested in the concept of playing a werewolf sort of character, but to propose lore you need to be equally enthusiastic about looking in to how the lore worked (and didn't) in the past.

A -1 from me. I'd suggest focusing your efforts on just enjoying the server for now, getting to know it and the lore, perhaps familiarizing yourself with the druids IRP if you haven't already, that would be a good first step to working on this lore.

Hey Man, I've been inactive since school started but as the original lore writer of Ferals, I'd say that this type of lore is best left alone for the time being. I like/applaud the effort and I'm touched some liked the ideas I had for the server but at this time it is best we leave this in the dark ages of LoTC. ❤️ 

A warning from the FM.

Please remain polite and on topic or this thread will be locked.

Thank you. --FM Team.

9 hours ago, The Redneck said:

Hey Man, I've been inactive since school started but as the original lore writer of Ferals, I'd say that this type of lore is best left alone for the time being. I like/applaud the effort and I'm touched some liked the ideas I had for the server but at this time it is best we leave this in the dark ages of LoTC. ❤️ 

well alright then

Not to sure about this. It doesn't seem to address issues we've had in the past with them. 

alright so, consider this a little halting on the feral stuff, til the original lore writer i guess has a talk with those who are interested, all i really did was just post this and help out with making it balanced, and of course see what you guys think. With that being said thanks everyone for your comments, opinions good and bad on your view of them returning. I have spoken to the people who originally contacted me about it, and they agreed to halt it for now and wait. Once again thanks!

@DrHope

Hey! I'm pretty interested in this lore actually. Any way we can get in touch? I'd like to help make it happen! ? I have a few ideas that could help it out.

For example: Treat it like a disease and a curse, once the victim is inflicted with this blight, it eats away at them mentally, this is only natural once you start slowly realizing you aren't remembering things and going on hunts for both beast and man alike in the night. Additionally, the affliction could block ALL magic from the user regardless of in beast form or not and cause the user to scratch at it's skin and generally act more and more shifty as their hunger grows, like they are going through withdrawal from an addiction. (additionally, the victim would have only small time frames to have control of their form, for example, when they're hungry, or threatened.) I think Alpha's are a lame concept, and I always thought it would be cooler to have the option to be a lone wolf or be with a pack if you fancied the idea of your family having a dark secret. Would also be an interesting tidbit if you were able to be detected by certain animal, like cats would always hiss at you, and would also be very fun to have a weakness to silver, much like the undead are weak to Aurum.

Edited by H7R5

3 hours ago, H7R5 said:

@DrHope

Hey! I'm pretty interested in this lore actually. Any way we can get in touch? I'd like to help make it happen! ? I have a few ideas that could help it out.

For example: Treat it like a disease and a curse, once the victim is inflicted with this blight, it eats away at them mentally, this is only natural once you start slowly realizing you aren't remembering things and going on hunts for both beast and man alike in the night. Additionally, the affliction could block ALL magic from the user regardless of in beast form or not and cause the user to scratch at it's skin and generally act more and more shifty as their hunger grows, like they are going through withdrawal from an addiction. (additionally, the victim would have only small time frames to have control of their form, for example, when they're hungry, or threatened.) I think Alpha's are a lame concept, and I always thought it would be cooler to have the option to be a lone wolf or be with a pack if you fancied the idea of your family having a dark secret. Would also be an interesting tidbit if you were able to be detected by certain animal, like cats would always hiss at you, and would also be very fun to have a weakness to silver, much like the undead are weak to Aurum.

Interesting ideas discord if anything

Holy magic now hurts everything equally, and is likely to remain that way in the foreseeable future as rewrites start coming out. Listing it here as a weakness is not necessary as it will be harmful regardless.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, Parkins said:

drfate doesn't speak for necromancy. Also this rewrite isn't nearly detailed enough or written well enough.

You're still around. 

Spoiler

Thank you for submitting your piece, it will be put under review in the second wave (the loremag after the current one).

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

Edit: Due to the fact that Thanksgiving break was occurring for many, which resulted in hiatuses, the verdict for this lore should be expected to be given on the 5th or 6th of December).

Edit: It seems I misclicked and sent this to a different place than originally intended. Apologies for the confusion.

This lore has been denied. This piece did nothing to fix the issues that Ferals had and had an overall lackluster purpose, leading the team to believe it was another attempt at a creature used as a powerboost to the user. I suggest creating a more solid purpose for the creature to pursue and tone down the strengths.