[✓] Mani: Demi-Gods of the Wilds Clarifications

Delmodan

I'm sure you were waiting for my post about why I absolutely despise the idea of this. I don't mind if it's swept under the rug or anything but I'd like to share the idea of why any lore like this is a very dangerous slope towards how lotc functions fundamentally. 

I understand that shamanism allows the use of "spirits", but do so on a contained level that doesn't normally break the immersion and environment. Most go within the spirit realm to encounter this, and this is where I find the biggest flaw within the lore. When you grant a playerbase anything in regards to godly creatures or boons, what happens is the immense abuse of them by LT/ET for those within such a culture. Summoning a demigod should be near impossible and godly things should be completely incomprehensible, but they're all common knowledge and shrugged at on lotc which is a lame concept in itself.

Broadening the interactions to beyond druids is also a big red herring for people to be diverted from the problem with the entire concept, it's written to be interactable but I can assure you that it'll never happen to anyone bar druids. With this, those redlines and drawbacks will never be followed by both players and the staff running such events. I trust the ET/LT with doing nothing but ./spawn zombie 20 at this point and granting them more abilities to mess around with universal forces is just dismal. 

You've seen how the fae creatures were ruined by players and their influence, you've seen how ferals were ruined by them, a lore piece orientated around damn Mani. Why will this be any different? What are the actual benefits to this clarification being added, when Flamboyant himself mentioned his distaste for the idea of summoning Mani in the first place.

There should be no need to interact with gods, there should be no pressure to have to worship something that can be legitimised and shown in roleplay because it "imbues" the culture. If other cultures can thrive without representation, I'm sure the dominion can survive without being able to summon demigods. 

I can't even **** on the contents because it's not written poorly, I do like the idea of animalist extensions of the aspects and I believe it should just stay as a cultural belief. Have people interpret other animals as their representatives, or even just believe individual princes and whatever the druid wishes to orientate his thinking toward. 

You do not need lore posts to justify your culture, I thought the Supremacyops style of writing had disappeared until I saw the map lore and the self inserts of culture scattered throughout the last few years while having a foothold in the LT.

Encouraging players to RP in order to influence the outcomes of events! I like the concept, the effects, and the boon it could bring to RP! Bravo Dem. This was a lovely read. 

1 hour ago, GrimReaper98 said:

I'm sure you were waiting for my post about why I absolutely despise the idea of this. I don't mind if it's swept under the rug or anything but I'd like to share the idea of why any lore like this is a very dangerous slope towards how lotc functions fundamentally. 

I understand that shamanism allows the use of "spirits", but do so on a contained level that doesn't normally break the immersion and environment. Most go within the spirit realm to encounter this, and this is where I find the biggest flaw within the lore. When you grant a playerbase anything in regards to godly creatures or boons, what happens is the immense abuse of them by LT/ET for those within such a culture. Summoning a demigod should be near impossible and godly things should be completely incomprehensible, but they're all common knowledge and shrugged at on lotc which is a lame concept in itself.

Broadening the interactions to beyond druids is also a big red herring for people to be diverted from the problem with the entire concept, it's written to be interactable but I can assure you that it'll never happen to anyone bar druids. With this, those redlines and drawbacks will never be followed by both players and the staff running such events. I trust the ET/LT with doing nothing but ./spawn zombie 20 at this point and granting them more abilities to mess around with universal forces is just dismal. 

You've seen how the fae creatures were ruined by players and their influence, you've seen how ferals were ruined by them, a lore piece orientated around damn Mani. Why will this be any different? What are the actual benefits to this clarification being added, when Flamboyant himself mentioned his distaste for the idea of summoning Mani in the first place.

There should be no need to interact with gods, there should be no pressure to have to worship something that can be legitimised and shown in roleplay because it "imbues" the culture. If other cultures can thrive without representation, I'm sure the dominion can survive without being able to summon demigods. 

I can't even **** on the contents because it's not written poorly, I do like the idea of animalist extensions of the aspects and I believe it should just stay as a cultural belief. Have people interpret other animals as their representatives, or even just believe individual princes and whatever the druid wishes to orientate his thinking toward. 

You do not need lore posts to justify your culture, I thought the Supremacyops style of writing had disappeared until I saw the map lore and the self inserts of culture scattered throughout the last few years while having a foothold in the LT.

Your idea and opinion isn't swept under the rug here. I hear and see your concern as I massive agree with your viewpoint. Because I myself, have that fear and absolute trigger of LT/ET abuse that HAS happened on this server regarding deities. It was infuriating to no end and it took a very long time to even clean up that mess. The trust of abuse is slim with you regarding the teams and you have every right to hold that because of everything that did happen. This lore I made is to break that finally. A chance to get out of that stigma and annoyance that happened so long ago. Back then, there was literally no lore or redlines for stuff like this. Most certainly not ANYWHERE  on this level of redlines/restrictions regarding a patron lore with LT and ET interaction with players. I placed that there to make sure its enforced. That isn't not a catered deity creation only meant for one group. I, myself, do find that unfair as well. Thus I stepped out of that boundaries into the unknown of what is lore accurate with Patrons of the Aspects, given its rather hard with anything Aspect wise to give buffs to nondruids and came up with ways to do so. On that same note, only allowing it in events runned by ET/LT to where they call the shots on even if those boons are allowed or how they fully work. 

These Patrons right here are an example of what we want to go. The direct of Aengul/Daemon interactions that just always fall on godlike and people around can't do anything but watch, or in some cases. Die (flashbacks....). Patrons are a step below that.On the level where Mortals can influence them, aid them, work with them, kill them,  capture them, corrupt them, and so on. Options that never really happened before with patrons or deities as it always fell to those events of 'well this is only for x group and thus here is x interactions while everyone else can go away'. That I want to move away from. 

You are right on Flam's response on the last thread. He did say that, but more because what he asked wasn't met and it was still vague. I won't really speak for him as he tends to do his own speaking. Lord...does he. (thatsrightisaiditcaleb). However, I will say he did look over this several times. The end result, I don't know if he would like it or not. Thats for him to decide. But I will say this and make sure of. If i see ANY abuse going on with these and redlines broken and so on, you bet these will be taken away and those responsible for breaking lore or abusing the Patrons punished. We as a team are not afraid of shelving, most certainly lore we ourselves made for the server to enjoy. So I hear you. I understand you. And I share with you that fear, anger, and overall worry of the downhill thing that could occur. That is why I made this lore the way I did. I still have that thought in the back of my mind, but at the same time. I want to push forward and attempt something better and new. I hope this helps you and I thank you alot for your response, Grim. 

@GrimReaper98 Also apologies on not replying to the last part of your response. The culture thing you are right. Dominion doesn't need this at all. They can most certainly hold their own culture wise and then some with their own beliefs and customs. This lore isn't really about that. This is a clarification lore for a lore that was made over a year ago. As seen here. 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/161955-✓-mani-demigods-of-the-wild/

But as you can see, while it was written fine, it was a bit lacking in details on what Mani can do, how you could interact with them, if you could even corrupt them, gain blessings from them, and so on. Which left it to the creativity of however decided to play them or whoever wanted to summon them and has been done so in that manner for a long time. Which wasn't suppose to be with these as they are indeed, Patrons of the Aspects. They shouldn't be summonable upon a wim. This lore here states that as seen in the Ethereal form redlines that its a chance upon 'attempting' to get their attention, which odds are low in that regard. They shouldn't be just held to one culture, as this lore expands pass that. Its not so much just cement Patrons behind the elven culture or whichever culture that happens to worship and/or praise them. This lore was meant to actually clarify how to interact with them and give options that are far more down to earth than 'deities interaction a,b, and c. again. oh great, druid only stuff...'. 

1 hour ago, GrimReaper98 said:

Broadening the interactions to beyond druids is also a big red herring for people to be diverted from the problem with the entire concept, it's written to be interactable but I can assure you that it'll never happen to anyone bar druids.

of2q8nQ.png

BnsLwAd.png

Some screenshots showing events that have centered around religious festivities revolving around the Mani. The first screenshot is of the Winter's festival which revolves around the summoning and revering of Amaethon, the Deer Mani. Both druids and non-druids were involved in this event. A second winter's dance was later done which resulted in Amaethon's ethereal form meeting the dancers.

Generally, I encourage non-druids and newer players to attend these events, as it is a great introduction to cultural RP- as something beyond just words on a forum post, but something that is actually RP'd out, and has tangible roots in the game world.

You are factually incorrect in your statement. The mani have, and will continue to apply to a wide variety of players, druids and non-druids alike. The whole point, in my case, was to enrichen and add substance to Elven culture as a whole. It makes absolutely no sense, in that goal, to limit interaction with the Mani to just a niche group, our druids.

@Gallic Also has a psuedo-celtic human culture that worships the Mani in an animist style.

There should be no need to interact with gods

The Mani aren't gods.

They're lower level supernatural creatures more akin to niche spirits. A comparible from a similar fantasy setting would be the Crones in the Witcher 3. These creatures are not Gods, however, they ultimately are very powerful, do not age, have powers considered supernatural or "beyond mortality".

The Witcher World is a good comparison in general, as that world is chock full of supernatural creatures, many of whom possess powers far beyond common mortals, many of whom are ancient, and have ascribed legendary, mythical or god-like status among humans, elves and dwarves. Yet these supernatural creatures are all ultimately part of the physical world, and share the same earth as your average joe peasant. They aren't gods, in the sense that they are omnipotent, all seeing, and all powerful. But, they are ancient, magical and something beyond a simple mortal.

It's a very common theme in high fantasy.

The real world comparables for Mani are the Shinto spirits of Japan, and many Animist spirits and supernatural creatures that exist in myth and folklore across peoples all over the world. My main source of inspiration is the indigenous people of the Northwest Coast of US and Canada, as its the region in which I was educated. In folklore like these, supernatural creatures baring animalistic or naturalistic forms interact regularly with humans. Indigenous folklore features hundreds of stories of humans coming across and interacting with serpent spirits, Raven gods, supernatural thunderbirds, giant cannibal spirits, etc. Same goes for Japan, like in Mononoke (an Anime, I know, but its Miyazaki so I trust his integrity to represent japanese folklore in a tasteful way) the Shinto Animal Gods like the Boar and the Wolf are powerful, old and supernatural- yet also just part of the world.

Its largely this cultural folklore that I personally drew from when writing Mani lore. However, as we exist in a high fantasy world with magic, dragons, elves and whatnot, I see no reason why instead of it being just that- folklore, that there should not be old spirits and magical encounters that people should be able to participate in.

In the real world, people tell stories of humans walking amongst magical creatures and ancient beings, in fantasy worlds- those stories are actually played out. because that's just what it is, fantasy.

I don't like the concept of being able to interact regularly with actual Gods (Gods as we understand them in a Judeo-Christian context, ergo all-seeing, omnipotent, big man in the sky, etc) And frankly, I quite hate Aenguldaemon lore. That doesn't mean I don't think that supernatural beings should not roam the earth, and that humans should not be able to interact with them.

there should be no pressure to have to worship something that can be legitimised and shown in roleplay because it "imbues" the culture.

And so there isnt. Your logic is that proof of the Mani's existence serves as a means to pressure people OOCly to have their characters worship them. That makes no sense to me. We have solid, canonical proof that Tahariae, Aerial, Xan, the Aspects, the Spirits and many other deities exist. Does that mean that people are compelled to worship them? Not at all.

You can know something exists, and understand what it is, yet still choose not to follow it, or even to actively oppose it, because of idealogical or background related reasons. That's more or less the entire point of the IC movement of Xionism. In the Mani's case, it isnt like they would be going out their way to compel mortals to worship them either, as the lore heavily emphasizes that they are very elusive.

There are a million and one reasons to justify NOT worshipping the Mani, whereas I could count the reasons to justify actually worshipping them on one hand, and most of them are born of a niche idealogy or racial background. Something existing does not mean there's any obligation either ICly or OOCly to worship it.

I believe it should just stay as a cultural belief.

That would work if that was the universal standard.

Unfortunately, if we do that, then we put ourselves at a disadvantage against all the other figures of worship that are confirmed to exist. You get asked, why worship the Mani, who we don't even know if they're real, when there are spirits and aenguls and daemons who have literally shown their face to mortals and spoken to us?

The precedent of LOTC lore is that supernatural beings interact with the mortals. So that's the precedent we must follow.

With that said, its a moot point anyways, since whether or not you want Mani to exist, they do- they're written into canon lore and have been interacted with before in RP- this is just a clarification post.

You do not need lore posts to justify your culture

A culture needs substance. Substance is born of writing.

I can see why playerbases like the humans dont need lore posts to justify their culture. They're a non-magical, very low fantasy environment.

Unfortunately, for playerbases with a more high fantasy focus, whom interact with magic and supernatural motifs more frequently, we do need to work through the lore team, as any magic related phenomena cannot be approved without them.

It ultimately broils down to your dislike of high fantasy vs low fantasy, which ultimately is your personal opinion.

Every race has background lore, ergo, lore set in ancient times which was not actively RP'd out by players, but is instead backstory. The Humans have the story of St. Owyn, Harren, Aeldin, the formation of the church. The Dwarves have Khorvad and etc. The Elves have the golden pools (high elves) and the wood elves have their Seed history and folklore.

14 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

of2q8nQ.png

BnsLwAd.png

Some screenshots showing events that have centered around religious festivities revolving around the Mani. The first screenshot is of the Winter's festival which revolves around the summoning and revering of Amaethon, the Deer Mani. Both druids and non-druids were involved in this event. A second winter's dance was later done which resulted in Amaethon's ethereal form meeting the dancers.

Generally, I encourage non-druids and newer players to attend these events, as it is a great introduction to cultural RP- as something beyond just words on a forum post, but something that is actually RP'd out, and has tangible roots in the game world.

You are factually incorrect in your statement. The mani have, and will continue to apply to a wide variety of players, druids and non-druids alike. The whole point, in my case, was to enrichen and add substance to Elven culture as a whole. It makes absolutely no sense, in that goal, to limit interaction with the Mani to just a niche group, our druids.

@Gallic Also has a psuedo-celtic human culture that worships the Mani in an animist style.

The Mani aren't gods.

They're lower level supernatural creatures more akin to niche spirits. A comparible from a similar fantasy setting would be the Crones in the Witcher 3. These creatures are not Gods, however, they ultimately are very powerful, do not age, have powers considered supernatural or "beyond mortality".

The Witcher World is a good comparison in general, as that world is chock full of supernatural creatures, many of whom possess powers far beyond common mortals, many of whom are ancient, and have ascribed legendary, mythical or god-like status among humans, elves and dwarves. Yet these supernatural creatures are all ultimately part of the physical world, and share the same earth as your average joe peasant. They aren't gods, in the sense that they are omnipotent, all seeing, and all powerful. But, they are ancient, magical and something beyond a simple mortal.

It's a very common theme in high fantasy.

The real world comparables for Mani are the Shinto spirits of Japan, and many Animist spirits and supernatural creatures that exist in myth and folklore across peoples all over the world. My main source of inspiration is the indigenous people of the Northwest Coast of US and Canada, as its the region in which I was educated. In folklore like these, supernatural creatures baring animalistic or naturalistic forms interact regularly with humans. Indigenous folklore features hundreds of stories of humans coming across and interacting with serpent spirits, Raven gods, supernatural thunderbirds, giant cannibal spirits, etc. Same goes for Japan, like in Mononoke (an Anime, I know, but its Miyazaki so I trust his integrity to represent japanese folklore in a tasteful way) the Shinto Animal Gods like the Boar and the Wolf are powerful, old and supernatural- yet also just part of the world.

Its largely this cultural folklore that I personally drew from when writing Mani lore. However, as we exist in a high fantasy world with magic, dragons, elves and whatnot, I see no reason why instead of it being just that- folklore, that there should not be old spirits and magical encounters that people should be able to participate in.

In the real world, people tell stories of humans walking amongst magical creatures and ancient beings, in fantasy worlds- those stories are actually played out. because that's just what it is, fantasy.

I don't like the concept of being able to interact regularly with actual Gods (Gods as we understand them in a Judeo-Christian context, ergo all-seeing, omnipotent, big man in the sky, etc) And frankly, I quite hate Aenguldaemon lore. That doesn't mean I don't think that supernatural beings should not roam the earth, and that humans should not be able to interact with them.

And so there isnt. Your logic is that proof of the Mani's existence serves as a means to pressure people OOCly to have their characters worship them. That makes no sense to me. We have solid, canonical proof that Tahariae, Aerial, Xan, the Aspects, the Spirits and many other deities exist. Does that mean that people are compelled to worship them? Not at all.

You can know something exists, and understand what it is, yet still choose not to follow it, or even to actively oppose it, because of idealogical or background related reasons. That's more or less the entire point of the IC movement of Xionism. In the Mani's case, it isnt like they would be going out their way to compel mortals to worship them either, as the lore heavily emphasizes that they are very elusive.

There are a million and one reasons to justify NOT worshipping the Mani, whereas I could count the reasons to justify actually worshipping them on one hand, and most of them are born of a niche idealogy or racial background. Something existing does not mean there's any obligation either ICly or OOCly to worship it.

That would work if that was the universal standard.

Unfortunately, if we do that, then we put ourselves at a disadvantage against all the other figures of worship that are confirmed to exist. You get asked, why worship the Mani, who we don't even know if they're real, when there are spirits and aenguls and daemons who have literally shown their face to mortals and spoken to us?

The precedent of LOTC lore is that supernatural beings interact with the mortals. So that's the precedent we must follow.

With that said, its a moot point anyways, since whether or not you want Mani to exist, they do- they're written into canon lore and have been interacted with before in RP- this is just a clarification post.

A culture needs substance. Substance is born of writing.

I can see why playerbases like the humans dont need lore posts to justify their culture. They're a non-magical, very low fantasy environment.

Unfortunately, for playerbases with a more high fantasy focus, whom interact with magic and supernatural motifs more frequently, we do need to work through the lore team, as any magic related phenomena cannot be approved without them.

It ultimately broils down to your dislike of high fantasy vs low fantasy, which ultimately is your personal opinion.

Every race has background lore, ergo, lore set in ancient times which was not actively RP'd out by players, but is instead backstory. The Humans have the story of St. Owyn, Harren, Aeldin, the formation of the church. The Dwarves have Khorvad and etc. The Elves have the golden pools (high elves) and the wood elves have their Seed history and folklore.

@Delmodan Won't quote what you said because there's nothing really to reply to. It's just that sentiment really defines how I view pieces on this server and I'm not hopeful at all for the lotc playerbase to use something like this without abusing or ruining its charm.

@WuHanXianShi14 Just to start, people may not believe this but I support high fantasy a lot more than I show, because I think most high fantasy concepts are not done well on LotC. So, with the festivals point, I'm quite happy you do that with newer players and focus on the festivals with them. An introduction in cultural RP is great and by any means I'm not bashing that, if anything I would encourage you to keep doing that, as you can see the impact you have made considerably without being able to summon the Mani and have their presence prove to everyone that 'they're here and can help us'.

As I did say in my post, I do enjoy the concept of Mani as animist spirits and stated that, I can't even distrupt the actual content of this lore-post because it's done decently well. Though, my qualm is the idea of 'Gods' on LotC and that they mostly extend beyond the Aengudaemonic spectrum. All 'patrons' of the Aspects are some sort of godly spirit, with them literally being called the 'Demi-Gods' of the wild, you can't act as they are just a simple niche spirit. They are forces of nature beyond the grasp of normal magic and can manipulate things on the level of lower 'gods' in other fantasy worlds. They aren't just nature spirits, or I wouldn't oppose it as such.

I do not classify gods as the normal Abrahmic sense on LotC, for then they'd be accurately removed from the playerbase and seen as only concepts. What has happened with LotC is that these aengudaemon are seen as some strange mixmatch of Daedric Princes but their control and powerlevel are increased like 400x to what they should be. Aeriel literally controls all life and death, yet she is seen regularly in visions and 'talks' to her set followers, Xan is meant to be a pillar of justice and he's literally just spouted throughout lore to **** humans and have motives that are borderline that to a protagonist in an RPG. The horrid use of the Aengudaemon lore within LotC will ultimately cripple how this addition is viewed, because it may be great within your culture, but mages will investigate how to attack these Mani and stop them on a 'subatomic' level and things like that. It's the idea of everything being seen as a power source within LotC, anything that transcends the norm has attained some form of Godhood.

My qualms with this lore-post are literally not the actual Mani. It's a strange thing to really explain, it's just the context that this'll be introduced and how it'll be implemented I believe will be flawed and will ruin such a concept that has potential. Backstories and history I believe should be barely recorded and hidden from common players, I believe that the formation of their own histories through roleplay is essential but that'll never happen. So this is the compromise, every cultural aspect and thing needs to be justified by a lore post or players will simply call it ****. 

I just want LotC to be orientated away from the necessity of needing these supernatural/godlike beings contacting players like its nothing through events. It shatters any semblance of understanding or the ability to form characters that aren't shallow. It gets difficult to have a character for more than a year when they experience multiple gods coming down, destroying things, gods being killed and people constantly talking about the grander universe because they read it in a forum post. As I've said, I'm not completely bashing your attempts at cultural lore and my rejection of it is just seen as an angry rant to most people. I just wish things like this would not have to be orientated towards the set standard enforced through years of SupremacyOps and Tsuyose tier lore validation, I don't want to see a cultural concept like this ruined, like most things this server does.

@GrimReaper98

Sadly, the culture we built we had to do in the very context of that Aenguldaemon/Tsuyose/SupremacyOps lore validation because it was the hand we were given. Canonists and low fantasy humans can afford to ignore it, since human RP frankly exists in a thematic bubble completely isolated from the other fantasy races.

However, for a high fantasy, magic heavy race and culture and society, we have no choice but to ensure that our religion was up to the par set by other magics, gods, religions, etc.

I'm down for a world where all gods and supernatural beings exist only in myth and any interaction with them is nonconclusive at best. However, we're in too deep for that to happen. And when a ton of cultures build their culture off of canonically existant deities that interact with them directly, asking us to RP our patron spirits as a purely cultural construct instead of a real entity is asking us to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I don't think you'll achieve much taking out your frustration towards the state of LOTC's lore by focusing on this piece in particular. How the Mani turned out to be is nothing more than a symptom than the cause.

What you want is to create a movement pushing for the involvement of ALL deific figures and supernatural magical entities in LOTC lore to take a back seat and no longer provide direct interaction with the mortal playerbase. If that happens, I'd be happy for Mani to exist in a cultural context, but until the state of the LOTC world is fundamentally changed, that isn't going to happen.

4 hours ago, Delmodan said:

As the blessing is invoked, the image of the Mani will appear before the users, depicting the Mani that gave such a boon. However, this is risky as enemies could utilise such an occurrence to attempt to hunt down that very Mani, ensuring it could never do such again while in their grasp. As the blessing swells within the individual they will feel it for a short duration of time, though as with any blessing from the Wilds, it tends to be fickle in nature

Not sure I understand how this is risky. "Ah, look, a floating bear was what made this Druid more magical, let's go kill the bear." How you gonna find some floating bear to kill if it can only be killed in its corporeal form- which can only be found through an event line. 

Furthermore, I don't see why you require an actual mechanical power. In religion, one can say they were blessed by a patron without actually having some magical **** happen to them. 

Druids, nondruids, spooks, holies, and all that can interact with these patrons.

But, they require a Druid to do so- 

The blessing is invoked using druidic energies with the power of Blight Healing to flow into the focal point

Not very interactive if only a Druid can summon them. Even if someone gets all buddy buddy with a Druid, the most they could do is watch, as I have complete doubt Mani would be played as anything more than Druid friends. Enemies sure as hell won't be able to kill them, as, let's be honest- this server is super OOC oriented, and no spook is going to be able to pretend long enough that a clique will let them see some God thing.

I'm all for these interactions, mind you. I just think that 1. they shouldn't be confined to Druid led groups and 2. blessings don't need to be actual powers

1 minute ago, arakrsptec said:

I'm all for these interactions, mind you. I just think that 1. they shouldn't be confined to Druid led groups and 2. blessings don't need to be actual powers

1. I agree, non-druids should have a means to summon a mani without a druid present. Although it should by no means be easy

2. eh, yes and no. I think smaller interactions with Mani dont need to result in physical blessings. Would be cool to convince one to summon rain or cure a blighted field for you or something along those lines exclusively in big event situations.

The original lore of Mani, Demi-Gods of the Wilds were Patrons of the Aspects. Much like you see with other deities having certain patrons and so on. Yet the original lore was vague, had alot of questions unanswered, and needed clarification. With this lore, it is an aim to move Patrons more to be interactive with everyone. Druids, nondruids, spooks, holies, and all that can interact with these patrons. Those groups can either fight, aid, or work alongside a Patron that is down on the mortal level instead of pulling the main deities into the spotlight. Its to give ways to kill Patrons, get blessed by Patrons, corrupt Patrons, and so forth. This lore clarifies alot of this and hopefully gives good ET/LT events and what have you for server to enjoy. There's also Patrons of other groups and deities that could use this template for instead of 'oh its only for this deity group only', to be for everyone to interact with. 

Do any of them manifest for reasons of "f*ck it. PIZZAAAAA!?" Memes aside.. Do any of these just appear,without being summoned by druids or whatever, to just wreck things? Do their own agenda unbidden? Hunting these would be fun! >:D

@arakrsptec 

1.I'll stick with the bear example. Inorder for a blessing to even be received, the Mani must be in corporeal form. Thus the Bear Mani would have already revealed themselves within the realm and remain in the realm to give the blessing/boon. Which all that requires of the enemies is to get in contact with the ET/LT playing the Bear Mani to go and interact/attack it. How that is handled is up to the ET/LT in question, but thats the just of it. 

2.I don't understand what you mean by 'actual mechanical power'. theres no MC buffs. these are all RP'd.

3. Ethereal Form requires a druid,  Corporeal form is world interaction and doesn't require a druid at all. Its a random encounter or eventline. 

4. As far as How the Mani interacts, non-druids have interacted with Mani before as seen in several events involving Mani spirits. As far as spooks are concerned, thats up to them if they want to think that way, but the option of killing, capturing, warping/corrupting these Patrons are still there. All they would have to do is get in contact with whatever LT/ET is doing that event. 

1 minute ago, The Templar said:

Do any of them manifest for reasons of "f*ck it. PIZZAAAAA!?" Memes aside.. Do any of these manifest without being summoned to just wreck things? Hunting these would be fun! >:D

Yes. Corporeal Form isn't summonable. It would be akin to like an Event post going up stating a hint of a mani was near said location or something was up. Its really left up to the ET/LT there on how they want to go about it, but yeah, most don't appear to wreck things. Some just wander around or are curious. For the most part, they do their own thing. The Ethereal Form is an 'attempted' encounter to try to get one's attention to try and talk too. Which that form can be attacked by say clerical magic  for example cause of their magic harming ghosts. The Ethereal Form would just dissipate, but you get my point. 

7 minutes ago, Delmodan said:

@arakrsptec 

1.I'll stick with the bear example. Inorder for a blessing to even be received, the Mani must be in corporeal form. Thus the Bear Mani would have already revealed themselves within the realm and remain in the realm to give the blessing/boon. Which all that requires of the enemies is to get in contact with the ET/LT playing the Bear Mani to go and interact/attack it. How that is handled is up to the ET/LT in question, but thats the just of it. 

2.I don't understand what you mean by 'actual mechanical power'. theres no MC buffs. these are all RP'd.

3. Ethereal Form requires a druid,  Corporeal form is world interaction and doesn't require a druid at all. Its a random encounter or eventline. 

4. As far as How the Mani interacts, non-druids have interacted with Mani before as seen in several events involving Mani spirits. As far as spooks are concerned, thats up to them if they want to think that way, but the option of killing, capturing, warping/corrupting these Patrons are still there. All they would have to do is get in contact with whatever LT/ET is doing that event. 

Yes. Corporeal Form isn't summonable. It would be akin to like an Event post going up stating a hint of a mani was near said location or something was up. Its really left up to the ET/LT there on how they want to go about it, but yeah, most don't appear to wreck things. Some just wander around or are curious. For the most part, they do their own thing. The Ethereal Form is an 'attempted' encounter to try to get one's attention to try and talk too. Which that form can be attacked by say clerical magic  for example cause of their magic harming ghosts. The Ethereal Form would just dissipate, but you get my point. 

I'm still going to Deus Vult the first corporeal mani I see. Death is irrelevant! FAME IS EVERYTHING!

@Slothtastic You might want to read the redlines. Like, all of them. Theres a very low chance roll system for ethereal Form interaction. The ET hosting the event control the boons or even allowing the boons. Your wood armor comment doesn't make much sense as its weaker than normal plate armor warriors wear anyway and plus flammable. Boons are only attempted to be given in Corporal form which isn't even summonable, its a world encounter. As far as anything else, I don't know much about the woodelf thing, but anything powergamed is punished. 

Smoke skooma cactus green, worship daedra Spirits. +1 to my tree loving brothers. I've seen this lore grow a while now and it's nice to see how far its come and grown. 

Thank you for submitting your piece, it will be put under review in the second wave (the loremag after the current one).

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

Edit: Due to the fact that Thanksgiving break was occurring for many, which resulted in hiatuses, the verdict for this lore should be expected to be given on the 5th or 6th of December).