The Rise (FRP Thread)

Catostrophy

mBsRa76.png

The Year is 940NE

The beginning of a new, terrible year. Relatively speaking though, the Empire is surprisingly peaceful in terms of conflict. Most Korvics beyond Aulus' March seem content to remain in their filth-covered hovels, and major raiders from all foreign belligerents are eerily silent. It's the perfect year to farm one's crops, start a business, or be robbed by domestic bandits. 

The Imperial Council continues to refuse handing direct command of the Imperial legions to the provinces for whatever bureaucratic reason, and they continue to squabble among themselves for the ever-decreasing amount of pie available in the capital territories. Considering the state of the provinces though, something clearly must be done. They bit the Governors of the provinces to the holy city of Altaire to meet in the Old Palace for the formation of the 'Provincial Council,'--a new organising body for the territories beyond the capital. It would be unwise to defy them.

Banditry is currently making most overland trade impossible, with the exception of armed convoys.

Events:

A small group of Korvic boats are seen traversing the lake that borders the Blackwoods. The scouts lost sight of them when they entered a cloud of the lake's morning fog. Who knows where they might be now...? 

Korvics are noted to be gathering in suspiciously large numbers North of Blightswamp, according to the denizens of local forts and swamp-folk. They are nearly 500 strong at this point, and more are trickling in from the surrounding landscape.

-One of the Gray Coast's iron mines has suddenly stopped sending shipments or messages.

An accountant for Riviera's tax collectors has been found taking money off the top of the collections and keeping it for himself! Scandalous! Since he was high-ranking, it is determined that the governor should decide his fate (when he gets back home).

A toothless kook from the hills surrounding Annor's Crossroads is ranting and raving about "gold in them thar hills!" He claims of riches awaiting those who journey into the deeper parts of the mountains.

A shabby-looking man has approached the Sorcerer's Academy in the Royal Highlands to sell a "magical amulet" he found in the Plains of Farlus. As the Sorcerers wish to improve their standing with the governor, they offer the amulet to him after they appraise it.

Korvics are gathering in the circular valley just beyond the collapsing falls. Korvics have always been fairly populous here, but this is clearly the beginnings of a large-scale raiding force. Their numbers have swelled to 2000 warriors already, with more pouring in from the eastern reaches...

A spectacular specimen of a horse has been presented to the Governor's department of the Plains of Farlus. Apparently it's an Esk thoroughbred. The owner is willing to sell it, if the Governor desires it.

The poorly-disciplined sailors of the Fourth Fleet instigated a fight with some locals on Salathai. Long story short, a tavern was burned down, and now the Islanders demand justice...

A swarm of ravenous beasts are attacking livestock in the southern part of the Esk Savannah. Almost 50 of them, in fact. 

A drunken man approaches a guard post near a gravesite on the Tamaraad coast, insisting he's been attacked by a skeleton.

Barbarous tribesmen are harassing the spice-farmers in the Baahzuth Jungles! The spice-farmers are complaining that they aren't being properly protected by the legion, there.

(These little events won't be happening for everyone every year, but I decided to give you all a taste for your first turn ? )

You may post your actions and RP as you see fit, provided that your AP spending is very clear. I don't deal well with vague stuff. 

Edited by Catostrophy

150px-Crismon-symbol.svg.png

The Gray Coast

Governor Aurellius Laurentian Tentallicon

"The mine at Allicon has stopped sending shipments, Proconsul."

"A revolt?"

"Possibly, sir."

Aurellius sighed, tapping the hilt of his forearm-blade. His court at Cinereo, if it could be called that, was nothing if not military. Around him stood various ex-centurions and praefects of low ability or lower birth, following him from his time in the Third Legion. The villa, its interior pillar decorations gilt not in gold but in iron, stood tall among the buildings around it, though easily shorter than the neighboring stone fort that quartered the Third Legion.

"Send word to the Legatus Secundus of Legio III at Roin Nie, ask him for his assistance in recovering it. Perhaps ask him to send patrols that way once in a while, make sure the Venandii are not moving into our territory." For a moment, he pauses. "Add that we know of the shortages in supply the legions so often face, and that we will help with the payment in Imperials."

Looking about the room, one could see the lack of variety in the many men, and few women, of the group. All well-muscled, with the same Caesarian haircut, with the same blade at their hips. Should I ask my mother for some advisors? he thinks to himself, briefly, before looking to one in his middle age and nodding inwardly.

"We will rally a cohort of Exspiravits, to be called Cohors I 'Cineres'. Publius Lupus shall be Centurion Primus of said unit." The middle-aged man, oldest among the assembled group, with graying hair and wrinkles at the edges of his eyes, grins. Though he retired a decade ago, his skill in commanding was likely the greatest among the assembly. "It will defend the mine and any shipments coming in and out of said mine on its way to Cinereo."

"And, sir, of the housing for said cohort?" asks a scribe in his late teens, the only of his kind in the building. Obviously cognizant of the necessity, and obviously cognizant of the lack of others that might point out such a problem.

"Ah," Aurellius mutters. "Good idea, Flavius." As Aurellius ponders the question, Flavius looks on exasperatedly. Good idea?

"We will have them reside in that large village near the mine at Allicon. What was it called?"

"Allicon, Aurellius." This time, the speaker is a woman in her thirties. Silia Asina, wife of his deceased older brother, took charge of much of the Gray Coast's day-to-day. It was she that first heard of the mine's abnormality.

"Ah...right. Anyways, I will be raising two more cohorts as well. Antius Proclus and Maximus Barrius, step up." Two more courtiers stand, saluting him. Both served as optio in Legio III, the second-in-command after the centurions. They had left thinking Aurellius would raise his own legion when he had the chance, and their guess was correct.

"Cohors II 'Niennes' and Cohors III 'Cressian' will be under your commands as Centuriae. Cohors II will guard the mine and mining shipments at Vedinum, and Cohors III will guard shipments sent to and received from Annor's Highway. Dismissed!" They, too, run out of the hall, obviously eager to recruit for their first centurion positions.

"I would also like to relieve slightly the strain of sending iron convoys to Annor's Crossroads, by building our own foundries. Is it in the budget?" As she nods, he smiles and claps. "Fantastic. Is there any way we can add some scouting for new mining sites and a good forest to it as well?"

"..."

"Last thing, Silia. Please send word to the Governors of Annor's Crossroads guaranteeing that their yearly iron shipment will come right on time, probably. Court dismissed!"

-----

AP | Base: [10 AP] Mine 1, T2: [4 AP] Mine 2, T2: [REACTIVATED, 4 AP] Farmlands, 25 Invested: (1 Stack) [2 AP] Expansion Funding: [5 AP]

Total | [25 AP]

New Population | 486,000

[2 AP] - The Third Legion receives some "much-needed" "logistical aid" from the Governor of the Gray Coast.

[15 AP] - Three Exspiravit Cohorts, dubbed "Cohors I Ceneres", "Cohors II Niennes", and "Cohors III Cressian" are recruited from the populace, many of whom are eager to get away from the coast or the recently-raided mines. Unfortunately for them, they're often immediately redeployed to the area of said mine. Cohors III Cressian is immediately deployed to guard shipments to and from Annor's Crossroads, right after recruitment. While trained, some even wield harvest scythes until they make it to Lex Dimitis to pick up their standardized equipment. {Medium Infantry, T3 Equipment, standard experience}

[5 AP] - An Imperial-Grade I military foundry begins construction in Cinerea. The already-gray landscape of the Gray Coast gets...grayer?...with the addition of the stone building.

[1 AP] - The forest to the east of Roin Cress is scouted for workable timber, to be used in building a massive and beautiful fleet. Or not. Probably not.

BjVkUJ0.png

[2 AP] - The many gray hills of the Gray Coast are searched for iron deposits. There can never be too much iron, after all, and the hills are so gray they must be full of it!

H5LG1aq.png

[0 AP] - Iron shipments are confirmed, and, well, shipped, to Annor's Crossroads.

[0 AP] - Governor Aurellius' sister-in-law asks Aurellius' mother, Calavia, who in turn asks Counselor Jullius to help arrange a bride for the 24 year old bachelor. The would-be wife's family would, of course, receive a dowry, to be paid by Aurellius, but a requirement held is that she come from a prominent family of the capital city. The Tentallicons are a prideful bunch, after all, and anyone less would be insulting.

[0 AP] - A letter is sent to the governor of Blightswamp, demanding the return of the Litorii miners stolen by his dirty swamp-dwelling peasants.

Blightswamp

SSaAIHtaT8jfQXPluE-LJ00BlKzBxeSw7lpaF5hPq8rtGIt6nGJdQNlpsRKIPdyg22kxE2Qcu1l5jCM4E2mjj_yVFJniU6VS_43Y-DO2NQ32jgdoMKqP4KI0VPU7gKoLo6liRqy1

“What on Earth is that smell?”

Cornelia wrinkled her nose, drawing herself in as if the air might contaminate her perfectly-arranged clothing. The overwhelming scent of bog mixed with her perfume in the carriage, creating an unholy stench somewhat reminiscent of Neaist shrines everywhere. Across the carriage, her husband Marcus was taciturn and did not reply. Only their four-year-old son, young Lucius, seemed excited.

“Wiver! Wivver!!!”

“That’s the Marlon, dear,” Marcus finally said, answering both of them at once. “We’ll be staying just a bit farther.”

Cornelia raised an eyebrow as the carriage passed over the slow, fetid water below. “Is it all like this? It rather resembles sewage, to me.”

“Cornelia, you’ve never even seen sewage in your life.” Marcus stared out his window, looking glum. “From what I read, it’s worse. All this land has been reclaimed, the rest is covered in water.”

“Oh, Marcus. Surely we won’t be here long.”

“I hope not, dear. I hope not.”

Marcus scowled. So this was the price of speaking truth to the Riviera. He hadn’t expected his accusations of pederasty to strike such a nerve with Andronikos, but the next thing he knew the Rivieran had given a glowing recommendation to the Imperial Council. Bad timing he supposed, getting into a fight just after the last governor’s disappearance. And then, he’d let loose on one of the council members, who didn’t exactly appreciate it. And then of course, he had to play regional politics, in which Blightswamp held less than no influence.

If this wasn’t rock bottom, he didn’t know what was. Anger swelled in him as he thought of the people who had done this to him. He didn’t know how, but someday he would make them regret it. All of them.

----------

From the moment Marcus Scipius and his family cross the wood-stone walls of Vallum Palus, culture shock sets in. Even the “sophisticated” Vallii that dwell in the capital are poorer and dirtier than the average cesspool cleaner in the south. What’s more, it’s impossible to build a relationship with the locals: half the population of Vallum Palus changes every day, as various Venandii come in to sell goods from the wilderness, and then leave. They scoff at the “effete” Vallii, and scoff even more at the Imperial governor.

A single exception is a man known only by the name Titus, who Marcus meets on his first foray into the deeper swamp. Visiting from even deeper swamp, Titus seems impressed by the stories Marcus tells him of the greater empire, and convinces him that the Venandii can be helpful. Soon after, he and a group of his friends show up in Vallum Palus, offering to serve the empire as the “Swamp Stalkers.”  They quickly demonstrate that they are in fact skilled hunters, and Marcus decides to initiate them as the first of the provincial militia.

Reports of Korvics across the Green are worrying, but not dire just yet. The majority of imperial troops are quartered on the swamp side, and still outnumber the small horde. Marcus decides to use the majority of the budget to improve the province’s economy, and sends a contingent of Valii to establish lumber camps up the Marlon river.

Swamp Stats:

AP Expenditure:

Recruiting two cohorts of elite swamp stalkers: 8 AP

Establishing lumber camps up the Marlon river: 10 AP

Edited by Zanderaw

_g4f59wKihw-4Lul4Di5LU9PrI9fSSPoGS5-PiYjXvUGhyOwCDe24VVjf-e-oqc2jCOUa3wsrOM0k247L-goCFdIxSJcy5RLUcfW3js79V1QhiVanowi3w8yc5GOYunV9YyEK5Y1

Imperial Province of The Royal Highlands, Caesaria, 940 NE

“Morning, Governor, safe to assume your travels were alright?”

“Suppose so, we ran into trouble, but nothing some lip service couldn't prevent; roads are getting more dangerous than when they were during my youth.”

“Yes yes, back in your days, hm?”

“Bah, shush, follow me to my council. And if you could gather the advisors, would be much appreciated.”

The scene relocated to the Caesarian Council Hall after some time; nothing too extravagant, standard Imperial Architecture found throughout the Empire, servants kept the fire pit stoked on one end while the Council Convened on the other side, beginning their conference.

“So, first matter at hand here, we have… uh..” The Provincial Praetor looked down at his notes, a brow cocked up as his face displays signs of curiosity. “Ah, the Sorcerer’s Academy sees fit to get us our attention for once, how rare. Says here that they’re currently appraising a magical artifact that may be worth something rare. For some reason they want us to keep it instead of themselves, oh well, no matter.”

“I’ll look into when they’re done, what else do we have on your agenda?” inquired Aetius.

“Secondary on my list here, reports about our current status on your latest Projects of yours in the Mountains. Our mountaineers have discovered a vein of gemstones, Neai be Praised, took ages. Getting a shop set up in the region will cost us a bit in the funds department, but the rewards shall be great. I’m sure the recent Imperial Donation can help a bit there.” he flipped a page, continuing onto the next topic.

“In more pressing matters, our neighbor, the Governor of Aulus, the recently appointed Grand Marshal, has seen it fit to send to our region cohorts of soldiers to sweep through the area in order to root out the pesky highwaymen issues we’ve been having lately.” The Praetor paused momentarily as he gathered his thoughts, taking this time to gulp down some water that he had.

“I’ve already concluded that due to our location being so central in the Empire, we’ll have a high concentration of allied troops marching through us to get to the other Provinces, banditry shouldn't be too much of an issue for now. Only problem is how we’ll be able to stop it from rising again, our level of poverty doesn't help much, so hopefully soon we’ll be able to get these cravens into proper careers instead of robbing their own countrymen.” The Praetor ended his reports on this piece of information, looking back up to the Governor.

“So, all is progressing as foreseen then. Good, good. You have my thanks Praetor, as for everyone else, unless you have anything to see, we’re adjourned, till we meet next month."

PROVINCIAL ACTIONS

Work begins on recently prospected veins of precious gemstones. Equipment is brought forth from the interior to the mountains alongside with a cadre of workers to excavate the gems. The entire ordeal is expected to cost a few Denarii, rounding up at 15,000, with even more funds having to complete the mines later on. [15/25 AP]

Two Divisions of Light Infantry begin training in Caesaria. Dubbed Cohors Caesarus I and Cohors Caesarus II, they are equipped with standardized equipment, Leather Tunics and Wool Gambeson for the cold weather. They are a primarily sword and shield based division of Light Infantry tasked with the patrolling of the Provincial Roads. [1k Standard Training Light Infantry with T1 Equipment Recruited - 4 AP]

Q_ybo0-oQFhJA__yA2hVAqFcqQplWYTA8GKVxRKBcVwI6RKnEZuhaQx_itsuf0Pi0TYKuc6hlBTtzcprJYpgwj4QnaG6DgrL3BW2EEjEW4MrXb3t-pshcRNw4iF9mUszLqx3O5a4

PROVINCE OF THE ROYAL HIGHLANDS MENU

Leader: Aetius Septimius Vorenus

Capital: Caesaria

Population: 540000

Caeseria: 150,000+

Heartland Towns: 200,000+

Mountain Towns: 150,000+

Engineering Tier: T1

Resources: Luxury Node |INACTIVE| (Gemstone)

Provincial Funds: 19,000 Imperial Denarii (19 AP)

Base: 10

Mercantile District x1: 4

Imperial Council Donations: 5

The Blackwoods

940NE

Governor Varo Macharius

FmS97lH.jpg

DETAILS:

Population - 450,000

50 AP in Agriculture

2 x T1 Lumberyard = 2 Lumber

STORY

((It's 4am, I'll do it in the morning. Shut up, Wolcott, I know what you're going to say.))

ACTIONS

AP Pool: 23

Base: +10

Imperial Council Grant: +5 (one turn)

Agriculture: +4

Resources: +4

6AP - Two Galleys are constructed lake-side outside Elona, using superior Blackwood timber. The lake needs to be properly patrolled for signs of crossing Korvics who wouldn't be nabbed by the imperial citadel north of the border between the the Blightswamp and Blackwoods while crossing the Green River. These lightly hulled row-boats are ideal for travel on a lake in which the wind is hardly reliable.

10AP - Two cohorts of Blackwoods Rangers are levied from across the province. Hard men from harder lives and native Blackwoodsman stock. These trappers and hunters live only by their skill with bow, trap and blade. Their experience in hunting men comes from the years of the Korvic occupation of the Blackwoods, in which the Altairean-cultured Blackwoodsmen extracted a bitter toll on the migrating barbarians, with many living for years away from the fortified enclaves of their kinsmen. The ideal forest and rough terrain soldiers, but unlikely to be more than light archers in a field battle.   (1000 Light Infantry, ELITE with LEATHER)

6AP - A single cohort of medium infantry soldiers is drawn up from the "more civilised" populace. Many veterans of the reconquest by the Legion are encouraged to re-enlist in the new provincial militia, some by personal request of Governor Macharius - who served with many of them. A recruitment camp outside Elona is established, where the new cohort is armed and trained - this is more of a formality for many of the veterans, but some do need a little work to get back into the fitness of military life. Some come with their own weapons, and many with their sons of military age. Some ordinary folk and Blackwoodsmen even sign up, soon to be whipped into shape by the returning veterans.  (500 Medium Infantry, VETERAN with CHAINMAIL)

1AP - The newly recruited medium infantry are dispatched to secure the roads as best they can, restoring law and order. They'll be reinforced in the years to come, but for now the priority is the lands around Elona. Cruxifictions are mandated for bandit prisoners. Severed heads will do as well.  Locals are paid off to locate the bandit hideouts, with the amount of 1000 denarii allocated to the overall effort.

Aulus March

72bd153a53b9983655df3fb1885503a9.jpg

===

Roleplay:

Sarboth gazed at the map of the empire, its many borders marked with color to represent those mostly in danger. The roads were all highlighted in red. A knock came from the dirty wooden door behind him, he turned as it opened. “M’lordship, I’ve received word from all of our cohors. They’re ready for assignment.” This deeply pleased Tielson who looked at the boy standing at the door. “I’ll be out shortly, bring them to the forum where I’ll have word with their Legatus.” The boy nodded before running and closing the door behind him.

An eager crowd could be heard as the soldiers marched into the forum, thankfully it was cleaned at taxpayers expense. The cheers weren’t as loud as one would hope but to Sarboth they were a sign that Aulus still had some bite left. To his left stood the boy who had came in earlier, he glanced over to see the lad smiling as the four formations took place in front of him and thunderously set their shields down and stood at attention. It was time for the speech.

The raise of his hand caused all to quiet besides for the babes who wined in their mothers hands. “People of the march, today I present before you the first steps towards a peaceful tomorrow. No longer will we cower behind our walls as the filth from the north and scum of our dungeons roam the roads and take from us our livelihood. We’ve suffered far too long, we’ve lost too many lives and sensibilities. Starting tomorrow, our young men will set out on their first assignment to clear Aulus of its banditry then make way to pick clean the rest of the empire so that all of us may walk from province to province!” Sarboth raised his hand once more to signal the cohors who brought their shields up and down once to bring off a strong noise of imperialism. The crowd began to cheer louder then it once had before only for the governor to smile and ask for them to quiet down once again.

“I also know of another great issue that plagues our sacred march… poverty. I too have grown up, raised side by side with all of you to see that the march is no stranger to it. As of this year I am enacting an economic plan to flood our coffers with gold and pave way to the greatest period of growth we have seen. The entire old mercantile district by the port is to be refurbished and expanded upon, more shops are to be brought up and and our merchants are to be granted necessary funding to bring forth more jobs to our denizens. Taxes are also to be alleviated for the next five years to bring about substantial growth to all.” A scream of pure joy erupted from the crowd quickly followed by an almost festival like celebration as many were eager to actually have a life to look forward to.

Sarboth smiled though mentally he knew this speech was a success and now his chances would be up to fate. After the ceremony he called up his best trackers as the cohors lined up and left the forum. “Go north, find the gathering Korvics and poison their water supply if you can. I want to know exactly where they are flooding in from and where..” As quick as the men had came, they left to go do his bidding. The only thing he felt now was a gnawing anxiety and a deep pit of uncertainty.

===

General Actions: 13 AP + 10 AP = 23 AP [Imperial Influence: 0 IF]

(8 AP for Medium Inf, 8 AP for T2 on all 4 cohors. [16 in total]) - Marshal Sarboth’s first order was to pick the roads clean of banditry and scum. Great debate took place on how to best start rooting out the largest of the bandit clans, 2,000 men were handpicked and sent off to the Aulus citadel for training. By years end the men gathered up and were prepared for their orders, clean out the banditry in Aulus.

(0 AP) - Trackers are sent to the gathering Korvics, if the newly formed cohorts are to react effectively, they need recon.

(9/20 AP) - In order to bring Aulus up to speed economically, Sarboth’s duty as governor comes first, he invest the budget for the year into new foundry to provide tools necessary for jobs to increase trade. [Using 2 Imperial Influence]

(0 AP) - In order to bring more trade to the March, Sorbath sends out letters to the provinces that have ports.

(25/50) Rileys ****

Population:

594,000 Aulus men.

Trade Partners:

Riverian Province

Salathai

Edited by Devland99

Baahzuth Jungles

CMc_hs7Zf4EO8NhlRvsIOmVaQIpGGk9yW69LzNvb5QXa21XlcCvHMpx6YgisL_eQN2DDi0twTcxHo6FByWNcanbBe8BAgxSypP0pqdcnC27720dFDtJElo_NMR7jjIDWSfHr-qbd

Govenor Caelus Artorius rapped his hand upon his oak desk water trickled down from one of the fountains in his office. Lush plants sat behind him and brightened the room. His door opened and one off the servants ushered a man in accompanied by Deputy Governor Licanius. The farmer man bowed solemnly as he entered “Your Eminence.” Caelus ushered for the man to sit. “Please. Tell us of the conditions near the southern border. I have heard many a rumor but we must gain proper insight.” The peasant farmer nodded removing the best straw hat he owned setting it in his lap. “Your Eminence the rumors are true. The past few months have seen a great increase in wildmen moving north. My neighbors had their farm torched and many others have been raided!” The Farmer pulled out a large stone hatchet sharpened with flint. “This was embedded at our front door.” Caelus was taken aback but nodded slowly. The farmer continued. “The Legion they sit in their forts, barely do patrol! It's gettin too much your eminence! Too much!”

Caelus cleared his throat. “We are very much aware of the situation, the legions WILL help you, it will take time but they will arrive. That I assure you.” Caelus thought back to the earlier morning. The Legatus of Baahzuth was bloodthirsty indeed. He willfully departed to organize further patrols and now all that was left was to assure the populace. “Deputy Governor” Caelus nodded directing his hand. Deputy Licanius nodded and spoke. “Sir we give you these 100 gold pieces to restore your community to what it once was. The legion will arrive. The hordes will be driven back. That we promise you.”

Lunch had come and gone, too short Caelus thought to himself. Lunch was his favorite meal of the day. In the legion breakfast consisted of hard bread and sometimes a cup of soup on the march. Dinner was heartier but was accompanied with the pitching of camp every night. Lunch however was without complexities and. Caelus’ day however was far from Complexity.

Moored at the small dock of Salinae was a large galley. “Yer Eminence.” The Captain said with the shrill accent of the northern Empire. “I've adjusted me ship as much as possible. But a slaving ship hasn't been built in decades. Surely it will work?” Caelus nodded at the cages on the deck. Surely enough to secure and transport 100 slaves. “You have presented it well. Soon these savage slaves we will capture. Shall toil away in the mines of the Empire, perhaps then they will understand what it means to raid our fair province.”

j-d-macfarlane-dock-master-finale-01-for

25AP is sent to Aulus for their engineers to begin a t2 Luxury (25/50)

2AP is sent to the foundries of Annors crossroads for one set of t2 medium infantry equipment.

2AP is spent recruiting One Cohort of Medium infantry

Under the deft guidance of Legatus Pius. The Legion begins increased patrols and skirmishes with the wild tribesman with the goal of stopping the attacks on the spice farms and gaining slaves to sell. (MOD)

Population: 324,000

25AP

AP

Luxury Resources (Spice) 10AP

Base 10AP

Mercantile District 4AP

Imperial council 5AP

Edited by Taketheshot

Annor's Crossroads - The Avernatus Family

Population: 600.000

Army: 2000 light cavalry, 2000 light infantry

The trip back to Lex Dimitis was quiet, for the most part. Upon her return, Lucretia was glad to see the roads were already lined with crosses, many of which were adorned by the crow-picked corpses of the lawless. She allowed a small smile to cross her craggy, rough-cut features as the cart bounced up and down the rough road. Her bones jarred with every bump, and her back hadn’t stopped screaming in abject pain since the beginning of this entire ordeal. Yet, it had worked well and what needed to be secured had been secured. She patted a coffer sitting in the cart next to her. A successful trip, as long as her body did not give out by the end of it. The crows screamed in protest as they rolled by, their talons digging into the putrid flesh of their meals as they flapped their wings ominously.

noxus-noxtoraa.jpg&resize=:1200

At the edge of the city, a pall of smoke hung in the air and a deep glow contrasted sharply with the rising sun in the east. Even from afar, she could hear the clang and roar of fire and steel as prisoners and workers toiled away tirelessly within the foundries. A good day for Annor. A good day for the Avernatus.

------------

As she returned home and found her quarters and desk piled with reports and letters, Ferro stood before Lex Dimitis, surrounded by two-thousand men. He had chosen a pavilion, to compensate for his short height, and could see some smiles within the men around him. “You know our job,” he shouted in a surprisingly strong voice. “Find the bandits, capture those you can, bring their leaders to be crucified! Above all, protect the shipments. We cannot lose a single sword to those cockroaches!”

------------

alchemy_lab_by_jonsmith512-d993woi.jpg

In an even stranger place, Acera stood next to a massive man. The room was lit only by slits through the stone ceiling, allowing light to shine through upon five different worktables. Yet only the man and her were in the room. Her heavy leather clothes and cap scratched horribly against her skin, chafing at the flesh beneath her arms like two circlets of rusted wire. “Very well, Octavius. Again.”

The man nodded and lumbered forward, taking one heavy pouche delicately in his hand, he brought it close to a flame. Acera smiled eagerly as the fuse, a long piece of quick-burning plant matter approached the singular candle. A little closer...a flash of light and a crack that shore her eardrums apart and she fell backward with a cry. The world spun around her, all in shades of overexposed color. For how long she lay there, she couldn’t tell, but at some point, she heard a rumbling groan and heaved herself onto her elbows with a groan. A few blinks later and her vision focused on the massive heap a half a dozen meters away. At the same time, the smell of charred meat tickled her nostrils and she wrinkled them with a grimace. “Septimus!” she yelled with a raw throat. The taste of gunpowder covered her tongue like ash.

A thin, tall man walked in and looked down at her with a raised eyebrow. “My lady?”

“Report another failure in your logs. Too volatile. And find me a new assistant, and some wine.”

“Your… assistant is still alive, my lady.”

“Don’t you worry, I’m sure he’ll be on his way soon enough, the explosion nearly knocked me out! Quite some progress, wouldn’t you say?”

“Of course, my lady.”

Provincial Actions

30 + 25 AP

2 Imperial Influence are exerted to pass gold into the right pockets and work the records clean of the 50.000 gold shifted from Imperial Funds to Annor and the Riviera. While a perfectly legal distribution, the goal is to hide it from other governors.

Developing the Vinyards of Riviera further...for a price! (20AP)

The Governor of Farlus receives his due. (2AP)

One Ashwing Regiment with T2 equipment is recruited. (7AP)

Three cohorts of light infantry, T1 equipment. The Cohort I Lex and Cohort II Dominus (6AP)

T3 Engineering (20/200)

Prospecting of the surrounding mountains, under protection of the newly formed militias. (1AP)

The freshly recruited men are ordered to sweep the roads of Annor. Any shipments being pumped out of the smoking foundry are protected by dozens of soldiers, on horse and not. The remainder march through the land constantly. Captured brigands are put to work in the forges and foundry under watch. Their leaders are crucified. (1AP)

Acera, daughter to Lucretia Avernatus, is announced as ready to be wed. This offer is extended to major trading and manufacturing families in the capital, with promises of land to expand their practices in the provinces, as well as to the families of governors. (0AP)

Tamaraad Coast

Silus Iullius Lutatius

"Dolon, please note down for me, I need to meet the head of the Umbrantii family of Rokus. His interests are important to me, given his long standing support of me throughout my youth and now in the governor's office." - "Yes, master Silus." Dolon replies, hastily scribbling with a small piece of charcoal on the papyrus. He has been going through these as if he was eating them daily, but his master has the habit of jotting down thoughts and ideas. Dolon probably knew more about the young master than everyone else, although Silus remained a mystery in some topics even to the permanent companion Dolon. Right now, little can be told of what is going on in the head of the newly appointed governor of the Tamaraad Coast. He gave a decent speech, tried to quell quarrels and dissent amongst the governors, to no avail, lest some decision were made that were... less popular, admittingly less popular with him too. But he would not fret, sitting atop a barrel staring out into the endless Crimson Sea, as the ship was sailing away from the sunset, East, home to the city of Tamar.

It was an early morning when the ship got sight of its destination. Tamar was a very bright spot on the long mediterranean coast, its white walls topped by the equally white tile roofs would reflect so much sunlight across the waters of the Crimson Sea that it could be seen from miles away. During the day that is.

Silus arrives at the busy port of Tamar, merchants, though few in number going about their business, most other activity however stemming from fishers. Piracy, wars and the economic decay have left their marks, activity in general being rather low. Regardless, Tamar stands as one of the most populous cities in the Empire, and Silus intended to only increase the region's wealth. The walk down some of the more narrow alleys towards the palace at the dome plaza in the middle of the city went without issue, gaining him a little bit of time whenever he took that way, instead of the long and winding main road from the Port up into the city. Tamar was built on a rock potruding into the sea, flattening out towards inland. After these many years of its existence it has outgrown the boundaries of the rock itself, and only the old city, with the now less used old shrine are sitting on it, the newer parts with palace, dome plaza and temple being located more towards the inland.

The palace was cool, compared to the scorching temperatures outside. He was used to it though, but then again, Silus did enjoy the change in temperature quite a bit. Dolon was relieved for this day, as he would spend most of it in the governor's office of the palace anyway, where he had enough secretaries and administrators to help him out. So he took the three flights of stone stairs up into his office. And Silus sits there for a mere minute, as soon as a simple messenger enters, claiming the local guard have picked up a drunkard who rambled about skeletons attacking him. Silent for a moment, enough to confuse the messenger and make him stand there, fidgeting, Silus rose, knowing what to do. It was a time to show respect.

Stats:

Population:

700,000 citizens

Growth: (8% + 1% (5 stacks); (4.667 -> 4 stacks required))

63,000 citizens

Engineering Level:

Tier 2

Resources & improvements:

100AP in farmland (5 stacks)

50AP in port (1 level)

Trade Partners:

Provinces 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12. (9)

Effective AP generation: 27 AP

10 AP base

8 AP farmlands

5 AP Imperial treasury boon (this turn)

4 AP trade

Usage:

4 AP into the organized gathering, cleaning and cleansing of the fallen remains, the erection of a tomb and shrines in honor of these fallen ancestors.

10 AP into surveying the sandshield mountains for sources of water, ores and wildlife.

10 AP into the expansion of the farmlands.

3 AP into the recruitment of three cohorts of light infantry (clubmen wearing thin leather coats).

The Esk Savannah - Year 940NE

S59qu_zbzLzr-Vti7mgDQ0VSqm4HCimV3mvGmkK94qWGJ2YBWfR26zdQNwASHxbbHGSwTorcDYgpaVJ827Enc_B-UvWXn8WRMj5LSvYFJMwCM6fhXDU-APx4O0QHl8Y3w4rJtWd3

Statistics

Population and Military

Population - 400,000

Imperial Garrison - 4,000

Provincial Forces - 0

Economy

2x Tier 1 Horse Breeders: 8

25AP in Agri: 2

Bonus: 5

Roleplay

Night had fell as the sun would set upon the vast grasslands of Esk, Flavius would be sitting at his desk in the Governor's villa penning letters by the candlelight. A letter each for the families of those Imperial Garrison Soldiers who fell fighting the monsters in the South. The Governor would sigh as he’d set his pen down after signing off on the last letter for the evening, rising from his chair he’d walk out onto the balcony of his villa looking out at the lands under his charge. Gripping the guard of the balcony as he’d sigh as he’d look over the lands that had been long neglected by many Governors past, wanting his home to be restored to some semblance of relevancy and prosperity.

Flavius would push himself off, returning inside the Villa to return to his work so that his aspirations of protecting his homeland could be seen to. Flexing his hand, feeling it cramp he’d call upon an assistant in his staff to sit at his desk as he’d pace and speak. “These are my Orders, write them down in the best way that can be considered a formal Provincial Edict. By the Order of Governor Flavius Publius, a Provincial Military Force is to be established. This is in order to answer the threat of the Monster incursions to the South of the Province, their job will be to investigate, exterminate and secure our Border back up to the Mountains. To this effect, the Provincial Government seeks men to enlist in this force between the ages of sixteen and thirty to serve for a tour of five years with the possibility of second, third and forth tours for those willing to sign up for more.”

The Assistant would nod, writing down the orders and beginning to send them out as official edicts across Esk and all its settlements. Additionally the Governor understood the strength of his people, its horses and more emphasis on breeding the finest Eskian Stallions and Mares would take up the priority of the Esk Economy.

Governor Actions

Two Cohorts of Eskian Scouts (The Provinces Famed Light Cavalry) would be raised to the experience of veterancy, they would be supplied with T3 Steel Equipment. (10AP)

Even more emphasis on horse breeding and stables would be encouraged by the Governor, creating a third breeder and stable at Tier 1. (15AP)

The Local Legate would be invited to meetings, and coordinated with. The Governor would seek to build a relationship between the Imperial Garrison and Provincial Government. (0AP)

T H E   R I V I E R A

mithflag.png.8f32adc0efffa4e75c145ed08808a48c.png

The Riviera: richest of the provinces, and one of the safest. Not only is the province far in the interior, but is protected by the mountain ranges from which the many rivers, streams, and brooks of the Riviera flow. It was truly the model Imperial Province, filled with riches and beauty, both natural and man-made. It was this fact that brought Governor Andronikos Berenikeia pride both for his title and as a Rivieran. 

[The Foothills of the Northern Riviera]

Provincial edicts are plastered all over the settlements of the Riviera, from the capital city of Potamopolis to the small villages in the foothills of the Northern Riviera Mountains. In the more central regions, work in announced on the expansion of the Riviera's main wine manufactory in order to increase production, and therefore profit. Sizable funds for this purpose are received from the treasury of Annor, who will in turn receive 10% of the manufactory's profits. To the northern, eastern, and western extremities of the province, prospecting is ordered to try and find any mineral deposits - anything that a profit can be made off of. Locals and experts are encouraged to go prospecting and are aptly rewarded for any discoveries.

Meanwhile, a military recruitment notice is issued across the Riviera. The newly appointed Grand Marshal of the Provinces had issued a call to arms in order to retake the roads from the ubiquitous bandit gangs in the countryside, and to secure the northern provinces against Korvic incursions. Andronikos was never one to back down from serving the Empire, and so he pays for the training of 2 Cohorts of Medium Infantry, armed and armoured with the finest Annor steel. They are promptly sent to Aulus' March upon their training's completion to join the Provincial Guard.

From among the nobles, a cohort of Kataphraktoi - fearsome heavy cavalry - begins their training. They too are armed with Annor steel equipment, and are trained to an elite level. They are far and away the greatest, most powerful troops outside the Legions themselves.

On a more clandestine level, Andronikos privately makes a great many "backdoor deals" with officials and bureaucrats both Imperial and Rivieran. What is he up to now?

The errant high up tax accountant is dealt with according to the law for such matters - he is put in stocks in the central plaza of Potamopolis for a day, and then sent to prison. The assets which he skimmed off the top are largely redistributed to the nobles, burghers, and commoners who the taxes were taken from, with a small portion and the rest of his assets taken as "administrative fees". By law he could have taken it all, such generosity!

S U M M A R Y

30AP into T2 Wine Manufactory [+20AP from Annor]

Prospecting foothills and mountains for resources [6AP]

1 Cohort T3-clad Elite Kataphraktoi [12AP]

2 Cohorts T3-clad Medium Infantry [4AP]

Backdoor Dealings [5AP]

Dealing with Accountant [See above]

Edited by hellfiazz

The Plains of Falrus

Aulus Aquila stood their in his provinces council chambers, surrounded by three of the most influential people in Falrus. His tan face, reflected the sunlight, with his eye squinted he peered as the group was arguing over something. His gaze was lost as he heard the muffled noises from the trio’s argument.

His father was someone who he barely knew but cared deeply about, it was his father. Of course he cared about him. What he did was something any father would do, spending his life to make his kids lives better than what he started out. Falrus was kind of like him in the same way, it was his kid. Aulus wanted the life of the people within it to have a better life before his time on this land was done. Falrus was neglected, mistreated. Provided a strategic staging point for the southern lands, yet the Imperial Council saw no effort to develop this vast land.  

“Aulus. What do you think?” His gaze broke, as it always did when he heard Octavia’s voice, his attention snapped to her like a lost puppy. Someone who he had grown up with in a sense, she was five years older than Aulus. She stood around 5’8, had raven dark hair and deep blue eyes they could capture anyone’s heart. She was a sorceress from the academy that had helped guide him through the rigorous learning experience provided to them there. She was valuable in warfare, but more valuable to them in the sense of her vast knowledge. She came with him when he got the letter of his father’s passing a few years ago, she knew he needed all the help he could get being vastly inexperienced in politics. The pair worked well together, she grounded him when he was freaking out while he provided the same but in an emotional sense of the words. She was famed in Falrus already for her repeated acts of kindness to the peasants.

“Huh? Oh right. About the request to raise forces to deal with the plague of bandits that have risen.. Yes, well all things considered. We do have more important matters. That corrupt ***** that is running our regional council now is one. But growing our economy is another, I wish to bring prosperity to our lands once more. I want to expand our mercantile district more, and when we have the manpower. A port is the top of my list for construction, we could bring in iron from Aulus Hills, and wine from the vineyards. I have a letter here stating the regional council would provide funding at a later date to help fund that project. However, my trust in that is little to none.” He took a deep breath before continuing on, “Third, the construction of a navy once the port is done, our trade vessels will be vulnerable and a new raiding center for those who wish it upon us.. But for now, we will be expanding the economy and welfare of this place. As it should’ve done long before. That is it, meeting dismissed. I expect you to be on board with this. Another thing, tell your peasants to bring their trinkets and such in. Octavia and the others need to inspect them. They will get paid for their departure of the item.”

Population: 486,000

AP: 25

Actions:

(3 AP) A large sum of cash is used to raise 1 cohort of light cavalry. This men would be the first to see action for Falrus. Aulus plans to use these horse archers in an effective manner against the unmounted bandits.

(20 AP) Is used to build a Military Foundry so the men of Falrus can be better equip in the future... 

(2 AP) Is set aside for those who wish to bring their trinkets into the council for the Sorcerers to inspect for magically properties.

(0 AP) An edict is declared that those who are caught committing crimes, within the borders of Falrus will be sentence to working the fields. Serious offenses such as murder, banditry, or mutilation will result in public execution by crucifixion. Attempt to escape from your sentence in the field will result in lashings, and the second attempt will result in your death by crucifixion.

(0AP) Aulus seeks through an agent where to find the black market trinket operation he has heard of in only whispers.    

Edited by Sneaky2

The Island of Salathai
https://imgur.com/fm0SBJw

(file too big to embed, sorry)

Governor Gaius Aurenian Lucinius

Roleplay:

Gaius Aurenian Lucinius gazed out of the window of his office, across the bay in which the port city of Salath lay, his expression a mix of frustration and exasperation. Sighing, he turned back to the man sitting in front of his desk.

“You’re telling me that there are no resources of value to the rest of the Empire on this entire island, Julio?”

“Not . . . quite, My Lord,” Gaius’ slave and scribe, Julio, replied. “There is an old mine in the mountains. It’s abandoned, and, of course, not exactly untouched, but if we’re lucky, there may be some veins of whatever it was they were mining for still there.”

“I see. Well, best to find out if there’s anything there sooner rather than later, I think. Find some qualified men from the city who may be interested in some work, and bring them to me. If I think they can be trusted, I’ll be sending them up into the mountains to find and survey the mine. They’ll have a budget of 2,000 aurei.”

“It shall be done, My Lord,” Julio scribbles something on a scroll in front of him.

“Good. Now, as for these requests from the Grand Marshal,” Gaius stood, strode to the shelf built into the wall, and pulled two scrolls from their spaces. “Let us begin with the more urgent of the two. Lord Tielson has requested that each send to him a cohort of men. They will be trained and equipped by his own men, and sent out to ,clear the roads. We will, of course, be doing so.”

“Is that wise, My Lord? Sending the islanders to fight for the mainlanders?”

“With our abundance of resources, we don’t have much choice, Julio.We need a consistent flow of goods if we don’t want to run this island into the ground. So, we’ll be raising a cohort of men, and sending them to Aulus’ March. We will also be sending a messenger with them, to accept Lord Tielson’s offer of a trade partnership.

“Further, while raising the cohorts for the Grand Marshal, I think it would be wise to begin training some soldiers of our own. I don’t trust the Fourth Fleet to get anything done. See to it that the men are recruited, and I shall attempt to procure equipment for them from the Crossroads.”

More scribbling. “As you say, My Lord. Anything else?”

“Find some workers. I want to start building a foundry in the island. We need the production capabilities.”

“Of course.”

“You’re dismissed, Julio.”

As Julio left the office, scroll in hand, Gaius spread out two lengths of parchment before him, and began to write. On the first scroll, he composed a letter to the commander of the Fourth Fleet, laying out his terms for the disciplining of the marines who burnt down a local tavern.

The second length was to become a missive to the governor of Blightswamp, an entreaty for supplies of lumber.

Island of Salathai Stats:

Population:

Resources:

Expansion Funding: 5 AP

Base AP: 10 AP

Mercantile District (25 AP invested = 1 stack): 4 AP

Farmlands (25 AP invested = 1 stack): 2 AP

Port (50 AP invested = 1 stack, 3  trading partners): 1 AP

Abandoned Mine (INACTIVE): 0 AP

TOTAL AP: 22 AP

Trading partners:

Aulus’ March

Blightswamp

Annor's Crossroads

Actions:

2 AP invested into funding an investigation of the abandoned mine on Salathai

8 AP invested into raising two cohorts of T3 Light Axemen

Letter sent to Annor's Crossroads requesting that they produce the required equipment (boiled leather and steel axes)

2 AP invested into raising a cohort for the Grand Marshal (1 cohort, medium, to be trained and equipped by the Marshal)

Messenger sent to commander of Fourth Fleet re: burnt-down tavern/improper discipline of troops. (0 AP)

Reply to letter requesting trade from Lord Sarboth (0 AP)

12/20 AP invested into T1 Foundry

Letter sent to Marcus Scipius, asking to set up a contract for a regular delivery of lumber, with suitable compensation (1 AP)

Edited by Sir_Loin

mBsRa76.png

941NE

The dangers are many, but the empire's borders are still relatively quiet. Only a few nagging concerns are popping up here and there, but Imperial authorities seem mostly confident they can be dealt with.

There are rumors spreading along the roads that the Trinnimecs are losing control of the Hearthlands. Small rebellions are popping up everywhere, and they can’t divide their attention between their Imperial possessions and the hordes of Korvics assaulting their northern frontiers.

Having heard of a meeting among the Provincials, the Imperial Council has sent their secretary to observe. He will be awaiting at Annor's Crossroads with the Governors.

The Gray Coast:

The Legion’s legate receives the “logistical aid” with much appreciation.

Searching through the trees of the Gray Coast reveals nothing worth using. Only certain trees are appropriate for ship building, and most of those on the Gray Coast are too thin for any major warship. (No lumber resources found)

Much like the lumber search, the iron search turns up nothing. What tiny deposits of iron that are found aren’t worth the effort to dig out of the ground, let alone set up an actual mine. (No mineral deposits found)

Provided that those iron shipments are well-guarded, it reaches Annor’s Crossroads without much harassment. Bandits tend to flee when there are soldiers around.

No-one doubts the pedigree and lineage of the young man. It’s not the man that’s the problem to the people of the Capital--it’s the location. No-one of any real standing wants to move to the dirty provinces and especially not the dreary Gray Coast.

Blightswamp:

The filthy swampmen are ready and willing to serve as swampily as possible. They are concerned about the lack of weapons, but they‘re confident they can think of a way around small problems like that.

Species of trees that grow in Blackwoods also grow in smaller numbers in the swamp. Many die before they reach maturity, but the rest are strong and firm.

Royal Highlands:

The workers of the Highlands dig deep into the gem-filled mountains, finding riches to please any red-cheeked merchant. There is still much work to be done, but with a little more labour, it might be finished by the conclusion of next year!

The bands of soldiers are prepared to fight the rough-and-tumble trial of facing down the cowardly bandits that plague the roads. Maybe the light armour will prove useful when chasing them down...?

The Blackwoods:

Without a port on the lake, one would wonder how ships like that could be constructed. However, something changes in the fabric of reality as they are built. Clearly, some being from another dimension had not accounted for ships being built in a lake where a port would be a complete waste of resources. This mystical power of building ships without ports is unlocked for all peoples everywhere, but only galleys. Only galleys may be built without ports.

The newly recruited soldiers would be a touch confused to be sent on patrol the same year they’re being trained. The governor’s advisers suggest allowing them to be fully trained before being released on to the dangerous roads.

Aulus’ March:

“But how,” asks one recruit, “are we meant to fight them when we haven’t been fully trained yet?” Such a question baffled the instructors, and they allowed them to continue their training until next year, when they would be ready.

The news isn’t good from the scouts. The Korvics are still gathering, and clearly seem to have an element of organisation among them. Some are foraging, others hunting, and others are tanning leather and hammering new weapons at makeshift forges. The leaders of the various clans and tribes greet one-another like brothers when they arrive. Something is clearly brewing, here.

Annor’s Crossroads:

Talking to a few accountants, a couple of dock-workers, a few well-placed friends, and a second cousin of a second cousin, some documents disappear from the Imperial Library. Which documents? They’ve never heard of any "documents." No-one knows what you’re talking about.

The resources in question are sent off to the debauched vineyards of Riviera. Outrageous! Hopefully they didn’t have to pay too much!

Sure are a lot of confused recruits these days, huh? All of them are barely in their armor before launched into patrols! The new soldiers, like many others before them, beg to be allowed to finish their sword drills before being sent off to fight bandits!

One cannot speak for the governors’ children, but the nobles of the capital aren’t particularly interested in sending their children off to the filthy, bandit-infested provinces just to get a chance at aligning themselves with poverty-stricken backwaters.

Baahzuth Jungles:

Hacking and smacking down jungle trees is tiring work, but much progress is made. New, fertile clearings are torn from the thick canopies. The savages in the south may not be pleased, however...

Legate Pius returns from the jungles with bloodied armour and blade in hand. He and his soldiers drag behind them 100 savage women and children in ropes. No men are among the slaves, however. According to him, the male tribesmen “all resisted” and all his blood-covered soldiers agree with his testimony. The new slaves are ready to be taken wherever the governor pleases, much to Pius’ frustration. But, orders are orders...

Tamaraad Coast:

Initially, the surveyors and the builders ventured together towards the Sandshield Mountains. While resting at the site of the coming tomb, the workers shout their surprise as they dig into the mountainside. Glimmering yellow rocks barely beneath the surface of the stone bedazzle the labourers, and the surveyors recognise the substance to be gold. Local priests proclaim it as a miraculous sign of the ancestor’s favour, and that the Governor’s piety is absolute! Blessed be Silus!
(+1 luxury resource [Gold])

Esk Savannah:

The accountants of the Savannah inform the Governor that there aren’t enough horses to build further breeders. Perhaps it would be better to look into upgrading the ones already available? (15AP refunded—may use next turn)

The Legate Somnus agrees and appreciates the co-ordination. He is especially thankful that the provinces have a element of autonomy, given the situation in the Savannah being what it is. He would be happy to have the new recruits fight alongside the legion troops, if they have the guts and gumption to face the southern beasts.

Riviera:

Dirty wine, from dirty money. Delicious, though.

No resources of any worth are found in the mountains. After centuries of habitation, one would have thought someone else would have found something here. However, the prospectors did come across something else...
A pile of oddly-shaped white stones with a vague resemblance to bricks stands out on the green, verdant mountainside. Curious, they move the stones aside, and discover an unusual stone amulet. At least, they think its stone. The amulet feels warm and cold simultaneously, and patterns etched into its surface morph and change depending on the angle in which one looks at it. Peering at it for too long gives them headaches, but they bring the discovery back to the Governor regardless. Perhaps they will gain favour by presenting it to him?

Dirty dealings by a dirty boy make dirty girls cry screams of joy!

Plains of Farlus:

Some “magical” trinkets are presented to the sorcerers, all of them are fakes brought forth by opportunistic peasants trying to score easy denarius. Half of them aren’t even convincing, and the rest are supported by wild claims of ‘fixing baldness’ or ‘curing cows from the ‘pox!’

The edict is well-received by the law-abiding people of the Plains. In fact, it arrives just in time for a certain charlatan to attempt an escape! The people watch happily as the man who attempted to fool the Governor is whipped publically. They are sure this will not occur again.

The black market has gone to ground since the governor’s edict went out. They aren’t interested in being punished, and see every invitation or interest as a possible trap by law enforcement. There won’t be any dealing in the near future, that’s for sure.

Island of Salathai:

A party of surveyors are sent off to investigate the mine, but after a week with no contact, people are beginning to get worried. (Skype)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Events

A toothless kook from the mountains of the Gray Coast is ranting and raving about "gold in them thar hills!" He claims of riches awaiting those who journey into the deeper parts of the mountains...

The Korvics massing across from the Collapsing Falls in Aulus' March have risen in number from 2000, to 4000 warriors. 

The Korvics massing on the border of Blightswamp left their position heading East. Perhaps they had never intended to raid the swamp at all?

The priests of the Tamaraad Coast wish to speak with the governor on a matter most holy in nature!

_g4f59wKihw-4Lul4Di5LU9PrI9fSSPoGS5-PiYjXvUGhyOwCDe24VVjf-e-oqc2jCOUa3wsrOM0k247L-goCFdIxSJcy5RLUcfW3js79V1QhiVanowi3w8yc5GOYunV9YyEK5Y1

Imperial Province of The Royal Highlands, Caesaria, 941 NE

“A disappointing turn of events, isnt it?” inquired the Caesarian Praetor to the Governor.

“Bah, shut it. As if we were ever concerned about the matters of these petty politics. We shall continue to remain to ourselves like usual, though it does pain me to some degree that Lucretia was done in this badly, call it neighborly love.” spoke the Governor, his arms folded behind his back as he ascended a flight of stairs.

“A comedian are you now?” chided the Praetor with a perk of a lip, appearing amused.

“Hmph. Damned upstart in the swamp is playing his pipe and the other Governors are following his tune, failing to realize that securing the Crossroad’s support was vital to our success. It’d be degrading to remain affiliated with such fools. Nothing good ever occurs when our people meddle in the affairs of the other Provinces.” ranted the Governor, to which the Praetor nodded along dutifully.

“Yes yes, anyway, we’ve reached significant progress in regards to establishing the mines in the mountains, the Governor of Farlus even invested in our endeavors!”

“Oh? Has he now; I’m not sure if this is youthful inexperience, but it is well-received nonetheless, I shall send him a letter of appreciation.”

“Well, you do you. Onto the next thing needing your attention.” The Praetor led the Governor on, guiding him towards the Parade Grounds.

G4tl0Cg_3ZTknGDpQd9Ud3l8G99JXI5tNtNJn4C3mQwy5dvYQUaS3ZOrGtOlyM9rSPPSFMmu1sSCmxdXg1BNggOTjcdH6IQ7iZZ4ueF-dmUUi-zPl2MEfrXAnCOkR9UwjJutSmuJ

The Governor and his advisor eventually made their way to where the 1st Cohort was practising drill, catching the attention of a well-dressed military man.

“Ave, Governor.” the officer clapped his heels together, presenting Aetius with a salute.

“At ease, Tulus, what have you for me?”

“I believe it's finally time to end the Robber Baron’s reign over our roads now, Governor.” spoke the Centurion of the 1st Cohort of Caesaria.

“Are you sure that one Cohort is enough to eliminate the Brigands, Commander?” inquired the Governor as he gazes over the training soldiers.

“Sire, remind yourself that these are but mere brigands, only the weak prey on those even more weaker than them.” the Centurion said firmly, his arms folding over one another as he followed the gaze of the Governor.

“So be it, I’ll send some of my own officials to mingle with the populace where the concentration of bandits are strongest. We’ll strike at them before they even realize we are upon them.”

The roll-call for the Cohort is sounded, gathering all soldiers to the Caesarian barracks. They are assembled into divisions and sent throughout the Province’s main roads while the Governor’s spies work their due.

PROVINCIAL ACTIONS

Work stalls on the establishing of the gemstone mines in the Highland Mountain Ranges, the Provincial Government nearly running into a deficit in funds as a result. Catching wind of such issues, the Governor of Farlus has dispatched the necessary amount of coins required to finish the project. Elated by such actions, the Province of the Highlands thank the people of the Farlus Plains countless times, promising for amiable relations between the two Provinces to continue indefinitely. [25/25 AP Unlocking Tier 1 Luxury Manufactory]

Surveyors from Caesaria are sent to the eastern coastline to gather information in regards to the two abandoned Ports. They are accompanied by a dozen or so guards to ensure safe and proper excavations are taken place. The goal of this expedition is to clarify whether or not the Ports can be rebuilt to their former status. [Mod Required]

Plans are put into motion to rid the Province of its Brigand issues. Spies are spread out throughout the Province in order to accurately locate the sources of the bandits. They’re tasked with mingling with the populace where banditry is at its highest concentration, relaying whatever information back to Caesaria. [Mith, I choose you]

PROVINCE OF THE ROYAL HIGHLANDS MENU

Leader: Aetius Septimius Vorenus

Capital: Caesaria

Population: 583200

Caeseria: 200,000+

Heartland Towns: 200,000+

Mountain Towns: 150,000+

Engineering Tier: T1

Resources: Luxury Node |ACTIVE| (Gemstone)

Trade: |INACTIVE - BANDITS|

Provincial Funds: 15,000 Imperial Coins (15 AP)

Mercantile District x1: 4 AP

Gifts from the Governor of Farlus: 1 AP