Gray_hood8171

Rangers of the Northemarch

EbMCtTBQRByolz37xNNa_P6prJOMQ6dx6WayRfklqCE2_8T5BIBENalQfP7RskfXVks6nahB7dRwr0VltdwEsxF_ryIkZ8jqLZsATTJUrGIhP9FvmicViyzATZ_hmrrL_v0os94-

The Northemarch Ranger Lodge

The wildlands of the Northemarch are a harsh place filled with strange and savage beasts wielding fang and claw. However with the ever pressing menace of starvation gnawing at the stomachs of the northemen hunting is a necessity. As such the trappers, wood runners, rangers and hunters of the Northemarch came together in common purpose. Together to found the Lodge. A Cabin in the woods open to those hunters known to the Nordengradic Woodsmen. Frequenters of  the lodge came to know one another forming an unspoken bond of hard men living hard, isolated lives.

Purpose of the Nordengrad Hunters Lodge

The hunters of the Lodge purpose is to hunt the wild beast of the Northern world. To gather valuable meat and hide to Nordengrad people. The Rangers of the Northemarch labour tirelessly, not only to hunt the feral northern game, but to safeguard the realm. The frontier is plagued with an untold number of brigands, beasts and the savage hill tribes. This variety of foulness is far too elusive to be tracked down by patrols along the road. Thus the solitary rangers serve, to track and report on the wilderness of the realm. Ensuring that the deep woods and wildes of the Northemarch remain safe for those that endeavour to make the perilous trek north.

Structure of the Lodge

The Rangers of the Northemarch are informally organized, the independence of its members and solitary nature of its charge not lending itself to a strict hierarchy. That being said necessary that there be some degree of hierarchy to organize the Rangers in their task. Thus the Rangers are roughly organized as follows.

The Huntmaster

The senior ranger of the Northemarch, this figure coordinates the hunters, trappers and woodsmen of the north. The Huntmaster is charged with coordinating the activities of the various members of the lodge. He must ensure that the march is properly patrolled by the brothers of the Lodge and organize the training of those who aspire to the ranks of the lodge. This individual is selected by the rangers and scouts of the lodge, from amongst their rank. The selection is then submitted to the Earl for approval. From that point forward the Huntmaster is given the dubious honour of seeing to the wilds of the north while wrangling men who’s wildness and independence is unmatched.

The Ranger

The veterans of the wildmen of the Northemarch. The Rangers of the Lodge have acquired vast swathes of experience from countless ranges out into the far depths of the northern wilderness. They will often take on an apprentice, teaching them the ways of woodcraft until they are capable of operating on their own. However, for the majority of their time they operate alone, shunning the company of other folk. Thus the Rangers spend the majority of their time, roaming the wilds ensuring that the civilized folk remain safe and comfortable from that which goes bump in the night.

The Scout

The Scouts of the Northemarch lodge are the rank and file of the wildmen of the northern wilds. They have surpassed the training stages of their tenure but have not amassed sufficient experience to be considered a veteran of the lodge. The majority of those who comprise the scouts will never ascend beyond their rank. The rigours of life in the wilds taking the life of many and forcing others to return to the safety of civilization.

The Apprentice

The Apprentices of the Northemarch lodge are those aspirants, seeking to learn the woodscraft of the Northemarch Rangers. These aspiring rangers are completely green to the ways of the wilds. Thus they are taken up by their seniors and taught how to perform the duties and tasks of a Ranger.

(respond with a cope of this doc {https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aaWBS4F7QNxLnP2s8vMCGK2at3GrpmWfTGipJJBENN4/edit?usp=sharing} to apply to the rangers)

Edited by Gray_hood8171
leters were too dark to read

Thoromir would nod as he'd watch a squadron of Rangers leave Nordengrad on a patrol along the Northeway

"Good stuff Gray." Rae says after looking over the flier. "Hope teh go on more huntin' trips" he mentions to himself before going back to his everyday task of upholding the Red Faith.

A strange creature would begin following the Rangers as they range towards Northemarch.. a low growl uttered as they finally return home after their first mission...

Ranger of the Northemarch Apply

Name: Rorce Bromson

Mc name: Macboys03

Date of birth: 1665

Experience: I was trained as a hunter, but I am not the best. I can use the bow and some other basics but that is it.

Gear: I do not have a bow or a sword. 

Faith: The All-Farther.

4 hours ago, Macboys03 said:

Ranger of the Northemarch Apply

Name: Rorce Bromson

Mc name: Macboys03

Date of birth: 1665

Experience: I was trained as a hunter, but I am not the best. I can use the bow and some other basics but that is it.

Gear: I do not have a bow or a sword. 

Faith: The All-Farther.

You are Accepted into the rangers.