Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, j0k3rf99 said:

Application

 

Discord Name: j0k3rf1999#5738

 

Nation of Choice (and why?): Russia, as I hope to end communism in this FRP before it can ever become a major political ideology and spread to a large number of third world countries, thus preventing the mini-Dark Age they all faced during their time with communism.
 

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers): Leading up to 1912, Russia had been in a relative state of prosperity. Following the complete failure that was the Russo-Japanese War, a brief revolution broke out led by the socialists and left-wing supporters. This would set the stage for the formation of the first Duma, the Russian Parliament. In disregard of this, Tsar Nicholas II still maintained the power of the monarchy and the Duma was nothing more than a place to discuss. He was determined to break up the communes and continue to expand and improve the Russian economy through industrial means, with the majority of the country still working in agriculture. Despite this, banks and rural cooperatives led to an impressive economic growth. Russian steel was on the rise, and the future seemed bright for Russians. The massive landmass of Russia presented an outward of an image of mightiness to Europe, and the Tzars ambitions to expand were endless, and a huge supply of manpower helped significantly. With the continued support of Serbia and it's independence and Plan 19 in place, it was clear this era of peace may not last for long, and Russia may need to use its resources and rising power to put an end to the threats in the West.

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party; Tsar Nicholas II/Constitutional Monarchy

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?; None as of now

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me); 

Standing Army: 

1.5 million men

Total Army Capacity: 

Reached 6 million in 1914, 12 million men total

 

Navy:

10 Battleships (no dreadnoughts)

11 Cruisers

103 Destroyers

23 Torpedo Boats

35 Submersibles

30 Gunboats

 

Did you read all the information?; Yes, California

 

Suggestions or feedback?; If more people join Mexico should be playable, because of the Zimmerman Telegram. Other than that none, but I'm sure I will have some once we begin things, but not yet. 

 

12 hours ago, Dtrik said:

Antiqua terrarum est!

 

Discord Name;dtrik#2019

150px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spanish_Monarch.svg.png

Nation of Choice (and why?); Spain, feel like Spain was an important minor player in ww1 that was mismanaged becoming an almost 2nd world power, feeling the effects of puppeting by Germany after ww1.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

In 1898, Spain suffered a humiliating military defeat at the hands of the United States, losing in the process its last overseas colonies, Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Philippines. Its imperial dream collapsed dramatically at the same time that its historic rivals, England and France, were consolidating or expanding their empires. From its once influential position in world affairs, it was relegated to minor player. Loss of influence was under way in the 18th century, but with its overseas empire still intact, Spain could still maintain the illusion of imperial power. That was dismantled during the chaos of the 19th century. In November 1905, some young army officers in Barcelona trashed the offices of the Catalan satirical weekly Cu-Cut and the daily La Veu de Catalunya (The Voice of Catalonia) for having ridiculed military honour and national unity. Emboldened by their success, they forced the resignation of the government, and succeeded, in March 1906, in having a law passed –the Ley de jurisdicciones (“The Law of Jurisdictions”)– that censored anti-military criticism on the grounds that it was unpatriotic. What this meant was that the army was now empowered to try civilians in military tribunals for whatever it considered offensive to its honour! In effect, this was a form of military censorship, as well as breeding ground for contempt for and superiority over civilian society. But there was another reason for this: alarm at France’s expansionist plans along North Africa. Between 1902 and 1912, a series of international conferences and treaties confirmed Spain control over a narrow, inhospitable slice of Northern Morocco, known as the Rif. It was perhaps the best Spain could hope for in the complicated manoeuvres between Britain and France. Britain didn’t want to share the control of the straits of Gibraltar with the French; Spain was far less of a threat. For Spain, however, that strip of land beyond Ceuta became a festering sore with tragic consequences later. But for the time being it left the country with its army busy, its pride intact and, equally important, prevented the French from gobbling up all of Morocco and controlling the far side of the straits of Gibraltar. Having both sides of the straits controlled by their old imperial rivals was enough to turn many Spaniards apoplectic.

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;
Constitutional Monarchy
Monarch: Alfonso XIII
Prime Minister: Jose Canalejas y Mendez
Parido Liberal-Fusionista (Liberal Party)
-Ideology: Liberalism, Social Liberalism, Territorial Autonomism, Economic Liberalism
-Position: Center to Center-Left, merger of Constitutional Party and Radical Party

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;
No.
 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);
80,000 Soldiers, 24,000 Officers with 471 generals
8 army corps, 16 infantry divisions, 1 cavalry division, 7 cavalry brigades, 3 mountain brigades

Dreadnought (2): Alfonso XIII(Espana Class), Jaime I
Battleship (1): Pelayo
Cruisers (11): Reina Regente, Estramandura. Rio de la Plata, 2 Cataluna class, Emperador Carlos V, Lepanto, Alfonso XIII, 3 Infanta Isabel Class
Destroyers (11): 3 Bustamante Class, 4 Audaz Class
Torpedo Boats(9): 7 Type 1 Vickers-Normand, 2 Hazor Class
Gunboat (4): Recalde Class
Torpedo Gunboats(8): 5 Temerario Class, 3 Dona Maria de Molina Class
Large Gun Boats (3): Cartagena, Perla, Base Cortes Class Model

 

Did you read all the information?;
No, I live in California. (Yes I did bb)
 

Suggestions or feedback?;
I am going to flip Spain around from a sick man to the dig bick man.

Both accepted!

 

Nations taken so far;

Germany

U.K

U.S

Japan

Ottomans

Russia

Spain

China

 

Would like more EUROPEANS please! Austria selection is a WIP

Edited by GrimBeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Application

 

Discord Name; You have it

 

Nation of Choice (and why?); The empire of Japan and why ? well ... BANZAI !!!

Just kidding, I chose Japan because I am interested in it's history, it's rapid modernization and it's rise as a world power. On top of that it has an extensive and interesting culture which is deeply entrenched in it's people. Thus I hope to continue Japan's rise as a world power.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

Japan, for long it was a country of isolation until in 1853 western ships opened the gates of Japan to the rest of the world. For a time these new trade relations damaged Japan and destroyed the authority of the shogun. This caused loyalists to the emperor to rise up and bring the emperor to power in the bushin wars. During this period Japan had a time of unparalleled westernization which quickly made it a western nation. 

 

But whilst Japan was a modern nation it was not yet recognized as a great power. This changed during the first sino-japanese war, in which Korea was liberated of the influence of the Chinese and Japan took it's position as the asian power. This reputation was further cemented during the ruso-Japanese war in which Japan managed to defeat a great western power and managed to cement it's position as a great power on the world stage. It also helped that Korea was officially brought into the empire of the rising sun. Now the emperor Meji has died and the crown prince Yoshito has ascended to the chrysantemum throne and now a new era has started for Japan, for better or for worse.

 

Current state:

As of right now a political crisis in Japan is brewing. The PM Katsura Tora is disliked by the army and navy due to cutting the costs of the large navy and army deployed by the former Meji government. At the same time the public dislikes him due to them believing he is more focused on the military. The crisis is still in it's starting stages but if something is not done it could cause problems.

 

For the rest though Japan has a strong Asian economy able to (mostly) build it's own battleships and cruisers whilst also maintaining a strong modern army. It controls Japan, Korea and controls the warlords of the region of Manchuria which whilst officially Chinese is mostly ruled by pro-Japanese warlords. Socialism and a wish for a more democractic government is also on the rise.

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;

Government:  Constitutional Monarchy

Party: as of right now there is no ruling party though there are supporters of PM Katsura

Leader: (emperor/Prime Minister): Emperor Yoshito/Katsura Tora

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;  Matsumo Azumamaru, he is the [CLASSIFIED] of the [CLASSIFIED] and is going to [CLASSIFIED]

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);  I can't find naval statistics for 1912 but from 1905 I have 

(linked from wikipedia)

on top of that I have 3 battleships built between the Russo-Japanese war and now with 2 of them being domestically produced.  so 9 battleships. But I presume that a number of others ships were also added so that is to be further discussed. 

 

Army:

In the early 1900s, the IJA consisted of 12 divisions, the Imperial Guard Division, and numerous other units. These contained the following:

380,000 active duty and 1st Reserve personnel: former Class A and B(1) conscripts after two-year active tour with 17 and 1/2 year commitment

50,000 Second line Reserve: Same as above but former Class B(2) conscripts

220,000 National Army

1st National Army: 37- to 40-year-old men from end of 1st Reserve to 40 years old.

2nd National Army: untrained 20-year-olds and over-40-year-old trained reserves.

4,250,000 men available for service and mobilization.

 

((more wikipedia links, yay))

 

Did you read all the information?; yah

 

Suggestions or feedback?; Get a good way to measure the growth of military or navies so that we have accurate numbers. and DON'T USE DICE ROLLS IN BATTLE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roberik said:

Application

 

Discord Name; You have it

 

Nation of Choice (and why?); The empire of Japan and why ? well ... BANZAI !!!

Just kidding, I chose Japan because I am interested in it's history, it's rapid modernization and it's rise as a world power. On top of that it has an extensive and interesting culture which is deeply entrenched in it's people. Thus I hope to continue Japan's rise as a world power.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

Japan, for long it was a country of isolation until in 1853 western ships opened the gates of Japan to the rest of the world. For a time these new trade relations damaged Japan and destroyed the authority of the shogun. This caused loyalists to the emperor to rise up and bring the emperor to power in the bushin wars. During this period Japan had a time of unparalleled westernization which quickly made it a western nation. 

 

But whilst Japan was a modern nation it was not yet recognized as a great power. This changed during the first sino-japanese war, in which Korea was liberated of the influence of the Chinese and Japan took it's position as the asian power. This reputation was further cemented during the ruso-Japanese war in which Japan managed to defeat a great western power and managed to cement it's position as a great power on the world stage. It also helped that Korea was officially brought into the empire of the rising sun. Now the emperor Meji has died and the crown prince Yoshito has ascended to the chrysantemum throne and now a new era has started for Japan, for better or for worse.

 

Current state:

As of right now a political crisis in Japan is brewing. The PM Katsura Tora is disliked by the army and navy due to cutting the costs of the large navy and army deployed by the former Meji government. At the same time the public dislikes him due to them believing he is more focused on the military. The crisis is still in it's starting stages but if something is not done it could cause problems.

 

For the rest though Japan has a strong Asian economy able to (mostly) build it's own battleships and cruisers whilst also maintaining a strong modern army. It controls Japan, Korea and controls the warlords of the region of Manchuria which whilst officially Chinese is mostly ruled by pro-Japanese warlords. Socialism and a wish for a more democractic government is also on the rise.

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;

Government:  Constitutional Monarchy

Party: as of right now there is no ruling party though there are supporters of PM Katsura

Leader: (emperor/Prime Minister): Emperor Yoshito/Katsura Tora

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;  Matsumo Azumamaru, he is the [CLASSIFIED] of the [CLASSIFIED] and is going to [CLASSIFIED]

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);  I can't find naval statistics for 1912 but from 1905 I have 

 (linked from wikipedia)

on top of that I have 3 battleships built between the Russo-Japanese war and now with 2 of them being domestically produced.  so 9 battleships. But I presume that a number of others ships were also added so that is to be further discussed. 

 

Army:

In the early 1900s, the IJA consisted of 12 divisions, the Imperial Guard Division, and numerous other units. These contained the following:

380,000 active duty and 1st Reserve personnel: former Class A and B(1) conscripts after two-year active tour with 17 and 1/2 year commitment

50,000 Second line Reserve: Same as above but former Class B(2) conscripts

220,000 National Army

1st National Army: 37- to 40-year-old men from end of 1st Reserve to 40 years old.

2nd National Army: untrained 20-year-olds and over-40-year-old trained reserves.

4,250,000 men available for service and mobilization.

 

((more wikipedia links, yay))

 

Did you read all the information?; yah

 

Suggestions or feedback?; Get a good way to measure the growth of military or navies so that we have accurate numbers. and DON'T USE DICE ROLLS IN BATTLE. 

Accepted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UnusualBrit said:

Discord Name;

 

Nation of Choice (and why?);

 

Osterrreich, because I’m interested in what the Austrian Empire could have been with Franz Ferdinands idea’s for a United States of  Greater Austria. 

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

 

During the last century the Austrian Empire severely waned in power. From their defeats by Napoleon and later their subsequent loss of control in Germany they had maintained for more than five hundred years, then with subsequent their alliance with the Germans state that had kicked them out; Prussia.

 

The Osterreich seems more like a German puppet state than an actual great power, kept from falling apart to the many ethnic groups inside the empire by a thin thread. The future looks grave, unless Franz can enact his reich reforms and Russian influence over the Balkan’s is ended. 

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party; Dual Parlimentarially Constituonal Monarchy. 

 

Kaiser; Franz Joseph I

 

Prime Minister of Austria, Karl von Sturgkh, German National Association 

 

Prime Minister of Hungary; Lazlo Lukas, Hungarian National Party of Work

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;

No

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

 

WIP

 

Did you read all the information?;

 

Yes

Suggestions or feedback?;
 

None

Accepted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Third French Republic

 

 

Discord Name; The Mad Skylord

 

Nation of Choice (and why?); France!

I had an awful lot of trouble choosing which to pick, especially after all my other pondering ideas were quicked to the post by other players. HOWEVER, I am in love with Napoleonic France, and with France during the later years of the 1800s and the years of WW1, though I don't know nearly enough about them.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

 

1870 would see a great change for France. The Second French Empire, lead by Napoléon III, collapsed and instead the Third French Republic rose for the ashes. 

 

The next decades would be a trial for France, with the devious Otto Von Bismarck isolating France diplomatically. This situation would prevail until the removal of Bismarck from power.

 

To make matters worse for France, the military was in an exceptionally poor state, with outdated uniforms, ideals and poor officers.

 

But France is still the second largest colonial empire in the world, with territories on every continent. Rich,well industrialised and relatively populous, France is not a nation to be underestimated, and any who do underestimate France will surely regret it.

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party; Republic. 

Currently, the President of France is Armand Fallíeres

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?; 

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

In World War One, France had approximately 8'000'000 men, mostly conscripts raised from universal conscription. The French Army suffered from a serious shortage of NCOs and Officers, and put an enormous weight on the power of "elán". In addition, the French Army was fixated on close order formations, and was not trained to an adequate standard, factors which undoubtedly lead to enormous casualties. In addition, the French Army was obsessed with he spirit of the attack. French forces number around 736'000 in peace time, and initial mobilization raises this immediately to 3'500'000 men.

 

The French Navy employs 2 Dreadnaughts, 32 Cruisers, 86 Destroyers, 19 Pre-Dreadnaught Battleships and 34 submarines.

 

 

 

 

Did you read all the information?; Yes. Canada.

 

Suggestions or feedback?;
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_Mad_Skylord said:

The Third French Republic

 

 

Discord Name; The Mad Skylord

 

Nation of Choice (and why?); France!

I had an awful lot of trouble choosing which to pick, especially after all my other pondering ideas were quicked to the post by other players. HOWEVER, I am in love with Napoleonic France, and with France during the later years of the 1800s and the years of WW1, though I don't know nearly enough about them.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

 

1870 would see a great change for France. The Second French Empire, lead by Napoléon III, collapsed and instead the Third French Republic rose for the ashes. 

 

The next decades would be a trial for France, with the devious Otto Von Bismarck isolating France diplomatically. This situation would prevail until the removal of Bismarck from power.

 

To make matters worse for France, the military was in an exceptionally poor state, with outdated uniforms, ideals and poor officers.

 

But France is still the second largest colonial empire in the world, with territories on every continent. Rich,well industrialised and relatively populous, France is not a nation to be underestimated, and any who do underestimate France will surely regret it.

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party; Republic. 

Currently, the President of France is Armand Fallíeres

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?; 

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

In World War One, France had approximately 8'000'000 men, mostly conscripts raised from universal conscription. The French Army suffered from a serious shortage of NCOs and Officers, and put an enormous weight on the power of "elán". In addition, the French Army was fixated on close order formations, and was not trained to an adequate standard, factors which undoubtedly lead to enormous casualties. In addition, the French Army was obsessed with he spirit of the attack. French forces number around 736'000 in peace time, and initial mobilization raises this immediately to 3'500'000 men.

 

The French Navy employs 2 Dreadnaughts, 32 Cruisers, 86 Destroyers, 19 Pre-Dreadnaught Battleships and 34 submarines.

 

 

 

 

Did you read all the information?; Yes. Canada.

 

Suggestions or feedback?;
 

Accepted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Application

 

Discord Name; mcginty85

 

Nation of Choice (and why?); Italy, because I like learning about eh collapse and fragility of the Liberal State in school, and how it was unable to cope with the pressures of nationalism.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

Italy was founded in 1861 after King Emmanuel I of Piedmont united Italy under his family. During this time Italy struggled to be seen as a 'Great Power in Europe due to their failed attempts in colonising Africa due to pressures from France in the 1800s. Pushing the Italians for closer relations to Germany, leading to the signing of the Triple Alliance in 1882, despite Italian hatred towards the Austrians who refused to allow for the full return of Italian speaking lands to them. However despite Italy signing the Triple Alliance they were never a true ally for Germany, often trying to maintain good relations with both the Germans, Britain and France. Trying to use this leverage to let the Great Powers of the world let Italy gain colonies in Africa to boost her prestige as a global power. At the moment the Italian State is fragile with a government never lasting more than 2 years, and coalitions of liberal 'independents' often occurred with Italy having more than 30 Prime Ministers in the period of Britain having 7. The rise in nationalism and the left also affected the scales of power in Italy.

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;  A theoretical constitutional monarchy, exec power lay with the Monarch but used ministers to execute these prerogatives. 2 Houses, the upper Senate and the lower chamber of Deputies.

Leader; Giovanni Giolitti, of the Liberal Union

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?; No

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

Army 5 Million (1915 figure)

Navy;

16 Battleships 

23 Cruisers 

39 Destroyers

 

Did you read all the information?; Yes 

 

Suggestions or feedback?; No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcginty85 said:

Application

 

Discord Name; mcginty85

 

Nation of Choice (and why?); Italy, because I like learning about eh collapse and fragility of the Liberal State in school, and how it was unable to cope with the pressures of nationalism.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

Italy was founded in 1861 after King Emmanuel I of Piedmont united Italy under his family. During this time Italy struggled to be seen as a 'Great Power in Europe due to their failed attempts in colonising Africa due to pressures from France in the 1800s. Pushing the Italians for closer relations to Germany, leading to the signing of the Triple Alliance in 1882, despite Italian hatred towards the Austrians who refused to allow for the full return of Italian speaking lands to them. However despite Italy signing the Triple Alliance they were never a true ally for Germany, often trying to maintain good relations with both the Germans, Britain and France. Trying to use this leverage to let the Great Powers of the world let Italy gain colonies in Africa to boost her prestige as a global power. At the moment the Italian State is fragile with a government never lasting more than 2 years, and coalitions of liberal 'independents' often occurred with Italy having more than 30 Prime Ministers in the period of Britain having 7. The rise in nationalism and the left also affected the scales of power in Italy.

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;  A theoretical constitutional monarchy, exec power lay with the Monarch but used ministers to execute these prerogatives. 2 Houses, the upper Senate and the lower chamber of Deputies.

Leader; Giovanni Giolitti, of the Liberal Union

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?; No

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

Army 5 Million (1915 figure)

Navy;

16 Battleships 

23 Cruisers 

39 Destroyers

 

Did you read all the information?; Yes 

 

Suggestions or feedback?; No

Accepted! 1st turn post deadline is Sunday. If you can make your post by then feel free to participate in turn 1.

 

Applications are still open!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Application

 

Image result for kingdom of serbia flag

 

Discord Name;

dires.ewan

 

Nation of Choice (and why?);

The Kingdom of Serbia.

Infamously one of the two belligerents that struck the match that exploded the powder-keg of Europe in 1914 with the assassination of Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand. It had an interesting and violent decade of war that nearly led to its complete destruction, but ultimately resulted in victory and the almost doubling of its territory.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

 

The First Balkan War has just ended, with the victory of the Balkan league. However, not all is well and good. Serbia's forces advanced far further south than expected and previously agreed, whilst the Greeks pushed north to capture Thessaloniki before the Bulgarians managed to arrive. The latter are now embittered, feeling cheated by their allies, and are refusing to stick to the pre-war agreement, effectively trying to minimize Serbia's gains, as well as downplaying Serbian involvement in the war effort. As a result, tensions are rising higher than ever before and war between the allies is inevitable. At the same time, the Serbian government is trying its hardest to match Ottoman propaganda within its new territories, highlighting the decisive Serbian victories in the war such as the Siege of Adrianople and in Vardar Macedonia - despite the lack of presence of the 100,000 Bulgarian troops supposed to have been deployed there. 

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;

Constitutional Monarchy

Peter I of Serbia

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;

Not yet

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

347,000 soldiers by the beginning of the Second Balkan War.

 

Did you read all the information?;

Georgia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 10:44 AM, DigitalRescue said:

Application

 

Image result for kingdom of serbia flag

 

Discord Name;

dires.ewan

 

Nation of Choice (and why?);

The Kingdom of Serbia.

Infamously one of the two belligerents that struck the match that exploded the powder-keg of Europe in 1914 with the assassination of Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand. It had an interesting and violent decade of war that nearly led to its complete destruction, but ultimately resulted in victory and the almost doubling of its territory.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

 

The First Balkan War has just ended, with the victory of the Balkan league. However, not all is well and good. Serbia's forces advanced far further south than expected and previously agreed, whilst the Greeks pushed north to capture Thessaloniki before the Bulgarians managed to arrive. The latter are now embittered, feeling cheated by their allies, and are refusing to stick to the pre-war agreement, effectively trying to minimize Serbia's gains, as well as downplaying Serbian involvement in the war effort. As a result, tensions are rising higher than ever before and war between the allies is inevitable. At the same time, the Serbian government is trying its hardest to match Ottoman propaganda within its new territories, highlighting the decisive Serbian victories in the war such as the Siege of Adrianople and in Vardar Macedonia - despite the lack of presence of the 100,000 Bulgarian troops supposed to have been deployed there. 

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;

Constitutional Monarchy

Peter I of Serbia

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;

Not yet

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

347,000 soldiers by the beginning of the Second Balkan War.

 

Did you read all the information?;

Georgia

Accepted!

 

For the Record France, Austria, Germany, and Brazil are open as well if you want a stronger nation.

 

Also need your 4 tag digit at end of your discord name

Edited by GrimBeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Application

 

Discord Name;

Ornj joos in ur PMs

Nation of Choice (and why?);French Republic, I'm a big fan of Napoleon and his military achievements, even after the collpase France owned much of the world through colonies and mandates.

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

After the fall of Napoleon's empire the French were forced into difficult situations. The Franco-Prussian war was but another among many other blows sent to France. The loss of the Alsace and the Lorraine made the people furious, they wanted revenge, they believe that this offense shall not go unpunished.Yet the people remain opportunistic. France has conquered colonies with a continent's worth of resources. The recent alliance with the Russians is looking promising. Germany's allies are weak ,their clocks are ticking.

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;

 Parlaimentary Repiblic

Prime Minister George Clemancaeu

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?; nay

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

4 million standing army

8 million soldiers peak served in the infantry divisions

Navy

103 destroyers

60 submarines

22 cruisers

4 dreadnaughts (7 peak)

Did you read all the information?;

 New york

Suggestions or feedback?;

nay

Screenshot_2018-10-10-22-50-54-053.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discord Name; You got it

 

Nation of Choice (and why?);

The Netherlands, I seek to restore dutch colonial glory

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

 

The Netherlands a mostly industrialized nation lay in an unique position. As a small nations with large oversees colonial holdings, it had much to lose from any European conflict. Due to this, the Netherlands practiced an independent armed neutrality policy. Because of this it had been home to peace talks of 1899 and 1907. After the proclamation of the German Empire, the Dutch had been well aware of the possibility of a second French-German conflict. Because of this, leading up to world war 1, the netherlands spent almost 25% of their national budget on defense. Modernizing the army, defensive lines, and fortresses. Politically, the dutch practiced a firm policy of 'Friendship with all, alliance with none'

 

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party; 

Constitutional Monarchy- Queen Wilhelmina / Prime Minister Pieter WA Cort Van der Linden

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;

Not atm

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

Army: Roughly 200,000 men

Navy: 7 Battle Ships, 4 Cruisers, 8 Destroyers, 35 Raiders, 3 submarines, 35 misc

 

Did you read all the information?;

yes - Wyoming

 

Suggestions or feedback?;

nope

Edited by Krefarus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Krefarus said:

Discord Name; You got it

 

Nation of Choice (and why?);

The Netherlands, I seek to restore dutch colonial glory

 

Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

 

The Netherlands a mostly industrialized nation lay in an unique position. As a small nations with large oversees colonial holdings, it had much to lose from any European conflict. Due to this, the Netherlands practiced an independent armed neutrality policy. Because of this it had been home to peace talks of 1899 and 1907. After the proclamation of the German Empire, the Dutch had been well aware of the possibility of a second French-German conflict. Because of this, leading up to world war 1, the netherlands spent almost 25% of their national budget on defense. Modernizing the army, defensive lines, and fortresses. Politically, the dutch practiced a firm policy of 'Friendship with all, alliance with none'

 

 

Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party; 

Constitutional Monarchy- Queen Wilhelmina / Prime Minister Pieter WA Cort Van der Linden

 

Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;

Not atm

 

Nation’s relative army/navy statistics (If you can’t find any pm me);

Army: Roughly 200,000 men

Navy: 7 Battle Ships, 4 Cruisers, 8 Destroyers, 35 Raiders, 3 submarines, 35 misc

 

Did you read all the information?;

yes

 

Suggestions or feedback?;

nope

Accepted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    Discord Name;You have it

   

    Nation of Choice: Kingdom of Greece and why I want to play as them?

I wish to unite ethnically Greek lands under a single state

    Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

In (late) 1913 Greece was currently involved in the 2nd Balkan war, which saw it regain many northern territories. This combined with the first Balkan war had seen Greece almost double in size and population. Though not all was well internally, Prime minister Eleftherios Venizelos and King Constantine I had already been in disagreement during the course of the war. This was only the beginning of a conflict that would plague the country well into the first world war

   

    Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;

Constitutional Monarchy

   

    Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;

Not at the moment

   

    Nation’s relative army/navy statistics

Standing army of 230,000

 

5 Battleships

3 Cruisers

14 Destroyers

20 Miscellaneous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Otto Hohenzollern said:

    Discord Name;You have it

   

    Nation of Choice: Kingdom of Greece and why I want to play as them?

I wish to unite ethnically Greek lands under a single state

    Nation’s historical background leading up to 1912 (Would like a paragraph + here giving a full account of your nation's state at the moment. Particularly important if you want to apply for one of the Greater Powers);

In (late) 1913 Greece was currently involved in the 2nd Balkan war, which saw it regain many northern territories. This combined with the first Balkan war had seen Greece almost double in size and population. Though not all was well internally, Prime minister Eleftherios Venizelos and King Constantine I had already been in disagreement during the course of the war. This was only the beginning of a conflict that would plague the country well into the first world war

   

    Nation’s Government Type and Leader/Party;

Constitutional Monarchy

   

    Any special characters you made and want to introduce?;

Not at the moment

   

    Nation’s relative army/navy statistics

Standing army of 230,000

 

5 Battleships

3 Cruisers

14 Destroyers

20 Miscellaneous

accepted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×