A new page turned. {Gawa}

Lizmun

A second journal in a collection.

[The book is fresh, untouched. The entries starts on the first page of the new journal. A few page for a new chapter in a sad woman's life. The writing is in charcoal, a warm, uneven hue. The writing was mere scrawling, chicken-scratch, unelegent in formation and form. A commoner's journal.]

-1-

Years have passed since I last wrote anything in any sort of journal - though, perhaps, this was for the best. I have had very little happen to me in these few years, and my mental health has suffered. My mind tortures me still, though as of late, such terror has receded.I am failing my quest, perhaps I should have expected nothing more than failure, it is a concept I have become familiar with. Perhaps I should stop pursuing such childhood wonders - they have given me nothing but failure and stagnation. I want to be happy again, start a new chapter in my life. In celebration of these wishes, I am placing my old journal away, and bought this one, today, on the day of my 27th birthday. Hopefully this new page will bring new, more fruitful adventures.

[There is nothing unusual about the entries.]

Entries 2 - 5

-2-

I have come upon a peculiar sight today while traveling. A graveyard, unmarked. It's next to a city, Pembroke, I was disallowed inside the walls. I have been trying to push such desires away, but curiosity is getting the better of me - it seems abandoned from even a glance. I plan on investigating - but by no means do I wish to bring ill willed spirits upon myself. I will gather flowers and gifts for the marked graves I find - perhaps that will ward such menaces off. If that fails, at least I have my charms.

-3-

I did not have much time before the sun began to set. Knowing that spirits are most roused after dusk, I decided to vacate the graveyard quickly after leaving a bundle of flowers and a few golden mina. I know the dead have no use for money, but I hope they will accept something vitally important to me regardless. Now, I walk alone on the road. I am still disallowed entry into Pembroke, I will need to find a place to camp for the night.

-4-

It's rained. I managed to protect my jew journal through the night, but most of my pack is soaked. My food ration is ruined. Additionally, I seemed to have expertly lost my flint. So, i had to camp without fire. Perhaps my offerings were not enough. I hope that I am not doomed to any worse luck.

-5-

Shortly after writing my last entry, I have stumbled upon some... structure. Just past Pembroke, in the mountain. It is monstrous in size - made of massive stone walls that seem to rot away. Abandoned, by the looks of it. I cannot hear anybody or anything inside, even as I sit before the rusted iron bars. It's alluring, how could such a hideously large structure come to be abandoned? I don't know. I can't seem to find anything that would give me clues upon the surface - for now I must move on.