1912; Armageddon

GrimBeard

United States of America

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor us 48 star flag

E Pluribus Unum

Early 1915
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White House, Washington DC January 1st, 1915

President Roosevelt’s New Year’s party was in full swing, down the hallway was where all the guests were partying. Many prominent figures were amongst them, Henry Ford, Robert La Follette, John Rockefeller, Charles Evan Hughes, Calvin Coolidge and many more. The First Lady, Edith Roosevelt was entertaining the guests and keeping an eye out while the President himself, along with the vice president and other prominent Progressives, withdrew to the oval office for a private conversation and a toast. The five men sat down, Theodore Roosevelt, Hiram Johnson, Victor Murdock, Gifford Pinchot and John Parker. After a maid had brought in some champagne and left again, Roosevelt stood up and gave a toast. “To progress!” He said with a grin before the other four repeated him and chinked their glasses. After some talking about last year’s achievements and the plans for next year, Murdock, Pinchot and Parker left the president and vice-president alone and went back to the partying. “Now then, Hiram… Now we can speak about the real secret matters, hm?” Roosevelt said with a grin, Johnson nodded and took another drink from his champagne. “The Black Chamber’s first operations is what you speak of I assume?” “Mhm! I’d call London a success, what about you, partner?” “Definitely! I’d say that went just about our way.” Johnson agreed, pouring Roosevelt some more champagne. “So what about the plans we passed onto Bielaski and Yardley before Christmas? Any updates?” Asked Theodore. “Bielaski told me that our further plans for the Banana Wars have been put into action… We should be getting news about Havana in a few months. The conference with Honduras and Co. is projected to be planned somewhere in the summer, the same goes for the Haiti plan. We’ll put that into motion in July.” Theodore Roosevelt grinned his typical grin. “Excellent! So what about Europe?” “Yardley told me they’re still working on that. German code is one of their top priorities at the moment. Though we should be seeing more action from that department later in the year. The British project is obviously still underway, though I’m afraid I can’t give much more news about that currently...” Roosevelt nodded, thinking in silence for a moment. “And Russia?” Johnson laughed. “The Russians are better at tearing themselves up than we are...” Roosevelt snickered. “Fair enough partner, fair enough… Happy new year!”

William Taft stood in the hallway with some other Republicans, he wasn’t paying attention to what Henry Ford was saying, gazing off at the door to the oval office, knowing who were inside there. “No-one else is in the room where it happens, the room where it happens, the room where it happens….”

_sqalZBfqWK9uaO_ivRpK0t1PNd01l8VEm_5r-j9u-_v8Q6G6Lbf3t0paAWgXgOr6IyNRV7CVtKlVF6Y4yTOdhHR2WczLWI_NUbuXzLR7pVRDarAtJi3Yht159yUP2OhUat1fkyJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White House, Washington DC & Wilson Residence, Princeton, New Jersey February 5th, 1915

Vice-President Johnson was giving President Roosevelt an update on what had been happening between the leaders of the Republican and Democratic parties in the past week, it ain’t pretty… “Taft confronts Wilson, privately calls him “Dixie bastard” in his taunts,” “Say what?” Roosevelt raised a brow. “Wilson published his response...”

“An open letter to the fat, arrogant, anti-charismatic, national embarrassment known as former president William Taft. The man’s irrational, he claims that I’m in league with France in some vast international intrigue. Son of a gun, please! You wouldn’t know what I’m doing, you’re always going berserk, but you never show up to work. Give my regards to Helen Taft next time you write about my lack of moral compass, at least I do my job up in this rumpus.

The line’s behind me, I crossed it again, well that Republican lost it again. ‘Aww’... Such a rough life, better run to your wife, now the boss’ with the real boss again. Let me ask you a question; who sits at your desk while you call it quits? They were calling you a **** in ‘06 and you haven’t done anything new since! You nuisance with no sense! You will die of irrelevance! Go ahead: you can call me the devil, you aspire to my level, you aspire to malevolence! Say hi to the Roosevelts, and their spies all around me, maybe they can confirm. I don’t care if I kill my career with this letter, I’m confining you to one term: You fat motherf-”

“Okay, enough!” Roosevelt interrupted with a deep sigh. He understood now what all the disorder was about. “He’s out of control!” “No sir! It’s fine.” Hiram Johnson said with a somewhat cheeky grin. “Wilson has made a fool of himself, and he destroyed the only significant member of the Republican party...”

Havana, La Habana, Protectorate of Cuba, March 21st, 1915

Lowkey political moves are made between Washington DC and the American puppet government in Havana, strengthening ties between the mothernation and it’s protectorate. This is to make it more possible for the Protectorate of Cuba to be reintegrated by the United States as a territory. The US government spends sizeable funds in investments in the island - mainly in the sugar production, American radio stations and newspapers (translated to Spanish) are introduced all over the island. English and American History are made mandatory subjects for highschool students from next year onward. Every friday, a patriotic speech from the  is played on the new Cuban radio channel, a form of propaganda for democracy and the friendship of Cuba and the USA. Furthermore, free movement of people and goods is enacted between Cuba and the USA, with a passport control being the only remaining border between the two nations.

2Dsa_PCh3QZdKXIhACD0zhzWlPgukhk6EB3tET4buYmNIDpyQ5qihGOPETTefnO5ix6Oz1X5VPIOb2id1qZvm3mICy2sleDpE6f9op-j02ZXPBHhbP9orBKQD4-DXS1htnLE49jt

Washington Barracks, Washington DC, May 13th, 1915

As a part of the U.S. military mobilization effort, the army is further modernized, up to the standards of the armies of the warring powers in Europe. Trade deals for equipment and supplies had been established with nations on both sides of the war, and thus it was a perfect opportunity to send some researchers and engineers along with the transport of goods, to take a look at the equipment the Europeans were rockin’. The French government even stated they’d be open towards the Americans checking out their latest artillery pieces to see if improvements could be made. While experts continue studying European equipment, research reports are sent back home for the military’s engineers to study and act upon. ESSAYONS!

OVGqM5eyxfsK2R9zKAdH3SS3Pr9OtyvNxqhCyeM1uUMjEOJUv1qStuXWTzikBEAdkArTAyZb4odFzDW96os7llTc1RJoPSe21wqylOY_X3bZNIBThR2SDez-dcc4dM7Sx1Ha9Sh2

Actions

-The reforms from the Second Square Deal are worked on getting through congress. [MOD]
-Partial Mobilization continues. [MOD]
-The US Engineers focus on further modernizing the army. [MOD]
-TBC [MOD]
-Influence on the Protectorate of Cuba is increased, aiming to make it more of a puppet. [MOD]
-Delegates from the Protectorate of Nicaragua, the Protectorate of Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala and Costa Rica are invited to a conference with President Theodore Roosevelt in Houston, Texas. [MOD]

Great Britain (Sorry For Rushed Nature of Post)

-Propaganda: more efforts are made to draw the US public onto Britain’s side. New films focus on the ‘barbarity’ of the Hun, horrifying American audiences with depictions of atrocities against civilians in Belgium. The Anglo-French army is shown as an heroic, outnumbered army standing against the enormous force of the Hun.

-Response to letter: The King comes out in full force in response to the letter, declaring his unreserved loyalty to the United Kingdom and its system of government. He makes an heartfelt, patriotic speech and, in response to the letter, changes the royal house’s name to the more British-sounding ‘Windsor.’

-Production: Britain needs a vast army, fast. For now, she draws from volunteers, but plans are made to conscript should the volunteers run out. In the years 1914-15, Britain attempts to raise up to 3 million volunteers. Britain uses those professional soldiers – several hundred thousand – still in Britain to train up the new recruits, hoping to increase the speed and quality of training by integrating these experienced and elite soldiers into ordinary units, with many taking NCO roles in the so-called ‘Kitchener Army.’ British India also attempts to raise 2.5 million by the end of 1915, and Britain’s imperial allies such as New Zealand are also requested to raise volunteer forces. Around 50,000 ANZAC troops are sent to Egypt, and told to hold every inch with a fierce determination. Britain meanwhile raises taxes to full, wartime levels unseen before in her history, ship and arms production is centralised and streamlined, with a Ministry of Munitions created. Britain now attempts to heavily out-pace Germany in the naval race. All Indian forces recruited are dispatched to Egypt to reinforce it as quickly as possible. Britain’s 25 pdr field gun, researched before the war, is pumped out as quickly as possible. 

-Indian Ocean Patrols: The Indian Ocean is locked down with destroyers and patrol craft. British ships attached to the Japanese navy join the British Indian Ocean fleet. Anti u-boat doctrine used before the war is developed to be put into action here. The aim is to have safe troop transport from India to Egypt and the Middle East, allowing the British to reinforce it, easily. 

-Labourers swarm onto the western front to attempt to build impregnable fortifications near Paris as a final stand. 

-Jan Smuts is appointed in South Africa, and asked to mop up German South-West Africa as soon as he can.

-Technology: a new ‘light machine gun’ is attempted to be invented. These guns will be lighter than the standard Vickers machine guns, and will be carry-able by an infantry soldier. The idea is to have units of men equipped with these machine guns kept in the reserve line, so that they will be able to drop into the front line quickly and reinforce key points from German attacks. 

Edited by thesmellypocket

hjDYyTn98pgGG3YShDGk1HsTw3s3Hib8rOS7vyONFBlRulmOZp5CBj1dn5ZOMZ-U2miHwafbnT-ISJr5MpoGnZi2RPhdGS_x-h4e8_squJrRN1pEPu4kxVzcSGk6HEKHTNKAJYn9

Kraljevstvo Srbije

King Peter I, aged 73, sat with his advisors. The recent spread of the uncensored version of Mr Vasko Aleksic’s speech across the men on the front line was a worrying thing to happen, but it had managed to be contained to the soldiers and not the civilian population. Peter could still see the threat it could pose to the growing relationship between Serbia and Austria that he’d sacrificed so much for, but his Minister of the Press assured him it was just something to rouse the troops, giving them a will to fight with tenacity. Field Marshal Putnik gave a different opinion however, citing several reports from COs that had reached him, claiming that tensions between Serbian and Austrian troops had been rising on the front. Nothing major, just several cases of fist fights, bullying and shouting abuse. As a result, Serbs and Austrian or Hungarian soldiers begin to be segregated in trenches, only in the areas where problems are beginning to show.

It was during this council meeting that Peter announced he was handing over royal powers to his son, Alexander I, who would become the Regent of Serbia. A controversial decision to be sure, but none of the advisors questioned it. Field Marshall Putnik was rejoiced, as Alexander was responsible for driving the Ottomans from Kosovo in the First Balkan War, and had a sound mind of a tactician. Several others were worried however. Prince Alexander has had a reputation of being incredibly outspoken with his prejudices in the Balkans. One notable example was after the first Balkan war, when - after being celebrated for liberating Skopje - he asked a nine year old girl the infamous question of “What are you?” After she replied saying she was Bulgarian, he slapped her. Little incidents like this led to him having a very volatile reputation, which would make him difficult to control.jjxPoQ4CL-F0ZbVt54NInGJnw5DnFH1b7PyD1kwV45KvqEjiANiISas6gQ8hDm4P0qmRy_GMnMHv7IPJK8BeC7Lx9ka9yWTJWWqXnE2cuwZiZR6SixGg26r_nf3akUNGG95o2u-G

Several days later, Alexander called a meeting with Chief of Staff of the army and Field Marshal Putnik, to discuss the current state of the war in Bulgaria.

“The advance in the north pushed the Bulgarians back all the way to Pleven, with them ceding land faster than we could take it. If they weren’t running with their tails between their legs, then they were being slaughtered by our infamous Red Faced brigade!” He let out a hearty guffaw at this, before it turned into a rough cough.

When the Field Marshall finally settled, Alexander spoke up. “I’m hardly surprised, Bulgarians being as cowardly and treacherous as they are. And I heard the speech by that, erm, Aleksic, is it? Quite amusing!”

“Yes, yes, one our finest COs. His men and he have had quite the impact across the front, both with our soldiers and the enemy,” That came from Field Marshal Stepan "Stepa" Stepanović, as he swilled his whiskey around his tumbler glass.

“Quite,” remarked Alexander, “I’d very much like to meet him one day. His words are causing quite the stir. Anyway, the assault in the north was a success, but our first attack in the Struma basin failed. Why was that and what were the casualties like?”

Stepanović shifted uncomfortably in his seat, before Putnik spoke up. “In the first assault they were ready for us, and we attacked across and along mountains, without proper logistical support. Thousands of men were cut down by machine gun fire as soon as they crested hilltops. We lost 35,000 soldiers in the ensuing fight, all for a couple of miles of hills.”

“Well,” Alexander began, “Let’s try again. Begin planning an offensive for late Spring - if we take that basin, we have Sofia threatened on three fronts; it’ll be ripe for the taking.”

---

The Montenegrin apprentices are vital to the Serb industry, but can’t account for all the work force. As a result, foreman and supervisor positions are opened up to women, in order to encourage more women to staff the industrial sector. This results in many protests and petitions for Women’s Suffrage, which is debated in parliament and eventually passed after several months of heated discussion.

Work on the airbase and plane production continues at a steady pace.

Montenegro is approached to become a semi-autonomous state within the Kingdom of Serbia, thereby officially recognising the nationality of the nation to be Serbian, with the subdivision of Montenegrin Serbian. This would mean Serbian investment into the infrastructure of the country, and free resettlement and movement to anywhere in the Kingdom.

The Logistics Corps continues training and expanding, with every third motorized vehicle coming out of the factories in Northern Macedonia being assigned to the military.

Prime Minister Nicola Pasic begins his journey back across the Atlantic.

---

Actions:

• King Peter I cedes royal powers to Prince Alexander, who becomes Regent of Serbia, due to Peter’s old age. He orders a Spring Offensive on Bulgaria.

• Women’s Suffrage is voted on, and passed after several months of hot debate.

• Work on the plane industry continues.

• Montenegro is approached to join with the Kingdom of Serbia officially.

• The Logistics Corps continues training and expanding, with every third motorized vehicle coming out of the factories in Northern Macedonia being assigned to the military.

• Prime Minister Nicola Pasic begins his journey back across the Atlantic.

Edited by DigitalRescue

The Polish Republic

v62hEP9udUusdtDxHWTcPcDXgMVognkqVC4TWevWJLO1X_dD4bOjoILSt_U2e51PSVQbrBGxmyJ-FbjKXtDCLLo9GKR77-YzddmBicYqgCeZ9BiHD9OKUkefFfxuC6tH_2BlvjZe

State of the Interior

The territory under Polish control is in shambles. Tens of rebel groups occupy the country and central authority is nowhere to be found. The largest of these groups, led Jozef Pilsudski in Warsaw. In an effort to establish central authority and properly organize Polish forces, Jozef Pilsudski declares the Polish Republic. With its capital in Warsaw and a shred of central control Pilsudski begins the task of organizing the new government. Two branches, a congress and consul would run the new government. The country, currently in a state of emergency would be run entirely by Pilsudski.

Polish National Army

The Polish National Army, disorganized and scattered attempts to rally. Under the leadership of an ex-russian polish officer caste the men would quickly be put to work, drilling and training into proper units. In addition to properly training the men, drives to assure every soldier has a functioning rifle and a proper amount of ammunition are launched.

I3VYBcEayBiSSN6hPLiMI2-asHKvu86N1VtfBhk98l57KZgy6yighbXzALeCPWT6G536oqYMY3fpFHrNx9OpLwOcPiLWIeJ6_9fUKqoZXy4DnDEajwcpiF2ZwMEG2ccH4qMUjFN2

Diplomacy

The price of war and rebellion is high. The newly organized Polish government and the Polish people would rather not die in droves like the poor men on the western front if they can. Ambassadors are dispatched to the Duma in the hopes of initiating peace talks between the two infant republics.

Polish Menu

A proper government is organized and announced in Warsaw under the leadership of Jozef Pilsudski.

Proper organization of the Polish National Army is put into effect, and the more experienced officers attempt to give the men basic training.

The newly formed government dispatches ambassadors to begin talks with the Russian Duma.

Edited by Krefarus

The Empire of Japan

Naval_Ensign_of_Japan.svg

Shall Ashura

subdue a man like me ?

I shall be born again

and then I’ll cut the head

off Katsuie...

------

Brigadier Wong Yeong-Jan more commonly known as ‘The man’ by his men or by ‘The collaberator’ by some of the more rebellious citizens under the empire. Brigadier Wong was at the moment the highest ranked Korean in the empire. Though that was logical considering he was leading the first and only all-Korean military unit and that Koreans were only allowed in the military for about half a year. Right now he was also probaply the most famous Korean considering that he was on the face of many recruitment posters used for garrisons. 

Wong himself had come to lead the brigade because he was probaply the only Korean with some military training that had not fought in the last war and young enough to be used as a nice proper propaganda figure. He had gotten his education from a private tutor, since Wong’s family consisted of quite wealthy Koreans who had wanted him to become a relatively well-off administrator. Considering that under most circumstances he could not join the higher echelons of soceity. But that was before Korea was more closely integrated with the empire and now more and more positions were made accesible to Koreans. At least his tutor, an old Japanese veteran had also taught him about the military battles he participated in. Allowing him acces to information about important battles and books that contained strategic information.

Thus by having a, somewhat decent, military education he had been appointed as the Brigadier. Though he himself was also as green as the men he was commanding at the moment. Even now he needed to spend at least 4 hours every day learning modern tactics from a retired general who had fought in the Russo-Japanese war. As Wong walked towards the command tent where he was called he reflected on how some of his countryment taught of him. By some he was called a traitor, collaberating with the occupiers. However, he himself saw that he was just making things better for his countrymen. It was highly unlikely that they could ever become free again and even if they did so it was possible the Japanese would be replaced with a regime which was much worse. On top of that conditions were currently massively being improved for Koreans so by doing this he was helping his fellow Koreans to have better oppertunities. On top of that if Korea somehow gained independence they would probaply made a puppet of some Imperialist European power so this was the best option for everyone.

Still he had to clear his head, right now he was being called to the command tent of the division. Eventually Wong arrived in the command tent. There he saw the Lieutenant General as well as his fellow commanders. As he walked in he noticed that a large map was positioned on the large mahogany table that was located in the center of the room. When Wong saw the map he noticed that it was quite close in, involving specific and accurate maps of the terrain and what looked like a large city. From the distance he was at he couldn’t make out much detail but he saw it was a coastal city.

Then the Lieutenant General, a wizened veteran from the Russo-Japanese war spoke. “Men, in the coming offensive we have been ordered to attack a port city in order to either ease the Northern offensive or most preferably to allow a Northern push towards Bejing.” The Lieutenant General then pointed at the map, now clearly stating in large the name Tianjing. “His Imperial Majesty has ordered that we, together with the marine corps and the 3rd and 14th are to take the city of Tianijn. The plan is that the marines will first establish a beachead north of district of Hangu. From here they will move to take the district and secure the ports there. Once these are secured we will be transported to the port and are to, together with the marines, half of our brigade will then hold the district whilst the other half will move southwards towards the other dock of Binhai. We are to take these ports to allow the 3rd and 14th to swiftly disembark. A key point to this operation is to now allow Beiyang forces to blow up any bridges that cross the grand canal.

As the Lieutenant Generaal spoke Wong started to feel a sense of dread. They were going to take part in a naval invasion, to take a city with an unknown number of soldiers with unknown fortifications whilst taking part in brutal urban combat. But the situation could be worse, they were part of the Imperial army so they could probaply take out two for one. On top of that they would have almost a year to plan the operation. So Wong was confident that they would win, that the empire would prevail. 

Actions

More ships are  constructed for the Imperial Japanese Navy to make sure it can deal with any more foreign fleets. To do this 1 more dreadnought and four light cruisers are constructed. On top of that the construction of ships from last year continues as well as repairing any leftover damage from the battle of Bonghai Bay.   [MOD]

The mobilization of the 500k soldiers continues so as to make sure the troops are sufficiently trained. The Imperial staff does not want the troops to die in masses, at least not without taking some Chinese with them. On top of that the training of the marines continue so that, just like with the standard soldiers, they do not die at first contact. [MOD]

Seeing that a larger supply of guns and other weaponry is needed the government opens and expands several military factories. Here they are to make sure that the quantity and quality of the weapons are improved. This is so as to sufficiently arm the troops that are being mobilized and that will be mobilized. On top of that it is always nice to have some weapons and supplies in reserve in case any emergency forces need to be raised. It is also made sure that none of the weapons are faulty, seeing as it would be good if none of the weapons exploded before they were supposed to explode. [MOD]

In order to deal with the massive WAVES of Chinese troops the R&D department is ordered to create a new and modern light machine gun. The hope is that this mobile and dangerous enough to deal with the Chinese troops who would be equal or superior in number but inferior in quality to the modernized Japanese forces. Without any machine gun support the coming campaign will probaply result in harsh casualties in any push towards Bejing. [MOD]

The propaganda continues so as to improve war enthusiasm. The propaganda mostly includes posters of Koreans and Japanese bravely fighting together against hordes of Chinese whilst a shadowy figure laughs from behind the scenes in Europe, pushing the Chinese to attack their fellow Asians. Thus whilst results are unknown the goal is still to create a more pan-asian anti-Imperialist sentiment amongst the population. [MOD]

A payment is made to the chinese factions, the Guangzhou and the Yunnan clique in order to stop these factions from transferring tactical goods to the Beiyang forces. Aiding in establishing the blockade without forcing the Japanese fleet to stretch the navy thin. [MOD]

In order to free up more troops for the Beiyang front the Korean garrison is filled up more by Koreans. This time the Korean percentage allowed in the garrison is increased to 50%. However in order to join the garrison the Koreans will need to go through a background inspection as well as a psychological test in order to flush out anti-Imperial sympathisers. [MOD]

In order to make sure that the marines will be ready for any future naval assaults wargames begin on the Japanese island of Taiwan. Here the whole marine corps are to practice first establishing a beachead whilst being harrased by enemy forces and after that taking a hostile city. On top of that more training is given to the soldiers in general [MOD]

•  
Edited by Roberik

Kingdom of Greece

Year:1915

PgbxrQD8qfVspMnGb5iHMmQ-fvTWT7XTl4jV1EVHdrvE-b_bZWPDttQT7gYaBnPoHU8M8hwrZB8CHvVQd35eco1r5Y9X8UFFzPrCzyCBat25DWWWwR1Pr9R7hW0OgrVveklyghMm

Internal reform  

Population Growth is continued, a recruitment drive takes place to get as many men trained and ready for combat is possible. As Well as every aspect of Military commanding and tactics were modernized.

Economic actions

Industrial growth within Greek industry is continued.the steel industry is also given more funds to improve as much as possible. Farming is also emphasized by the government to make sure Greece can feed its people.

Foreign affairs

Nothing to report.

Actions

- population growth encouragement continues

-economic growth and steel industry funding

- recruitment drive to get as many people as possible into army training

Edited by Otto Hohenzollern

Russia

Peace in the West

Vladimir Purishkevich would announce a peace deal amongst the western and right-wing factions of the Russian Civil War. After a peace conference in Moscow which each nation, the Russian Union was formed and Poland, Ukraine, and Finland all were admitted as members in the Union, having much more autonomy than under the Tsar. Peace would be made with the north, where Tsar Nicholas II signed the original document, giving him the right to continue as a monarch without any executive or legislative power, but he is given the right to vote. The members of his government will be given the chance to be elected in the Russian Duma as elections will be held this year, and appointments will be made to the Russian Ministries.

The Grand Assembly

Following peace with the new autonomous states of Russia, the formation of the Russian Union led to a legislative body being formed to oversee the international affairs of the whole nation, and enforce the Constitution of the Union. How these men would be elected to the Grand Assembly would be determined by each nation, but all men must be given the right to vote at least indirectly for members of the Grand Assembly. In Russia, the one hundred senior members of the Russian Duma would be appointed to the Grand Assembly.

The Ministries

Vladimir Purishkevich and Ivan Ilyin would write out the purpose of several different Ministries in the new Russian government. They would act as commanders of different aspects of the country deemed too urgent or important to be handled by an entire committee. The firstmost created would be the Ministry of War, followed soon by Foreign Affairs, Education, Trade and Industry, Agriculture, Infrastructure, Justice, and Public Affairs.

Ministry of War

Led by Aleksei Brusilov

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Led by Vladimir Kokovtsov

Ministry of Education

Led by Viktor Pepelyayev

Ministry of Trade and Industry

Led by Alexander Guchkov

Ministry of Agriculture

Led by Alexander Krivoshein

Ministry of Infrastructure

Led by Alexander Trepov

Ministry of Justice

Led by Ivan Goremykin

Ministry of Internal Affairs

Led by Pyotr Stolypin

Industrial Efforts

The Duma would promote entrepreneurship and industrialization throughout the new Union, citing the new protections granted by the Constitution as reasons no man should fear for his business to be unjustly lost. Not only this, but funds are attempted to be put into businesses producing weaponry for the Russian military. Minister Guchkov would be tasked would leading this push, as well as attempting to convince American investors to aid in the Russian economy.

ACTIONS

The Russian Union would be formed, and elections are held for the Russian Duma and Grand Assembly. 250 members are elected to the Duma, with 100 being elected equally amongst the Oblasts, and 150 being elected proportionally based on population. Those elected by each state equally are appointed as Russia’s delegates to the Grand Assembly.

Several ministries are created and appointments made throughout Russian politics. (See Above for Specifics)

Industrialization pushes continue, backed by the promise of equality and property rights with the new Constitution. Minister Guchkov also attempts to convince foreign investors to come to Russia, particularly in America.

Edited by j0k3rf99

Kaiserreich

vincent-de-nil-kaiserreich-logo-and-key-

The German Army had been successful, they tricked the French and avoided the enemy at Verdun. Now Paris was in full view of the front line. It was there for the taking and by god, they would take it.

New innovations also had come from highly skilled German engineers, their new Fokker Eindecker Planes would help them with remaining as the rulers of the sky. Factories turned out guns and ammo, as villages and cities turned out new recruits for the Vaterland. Hundreds of miles away, brave souls fight for their Kaiser against oppressive British and French Legions.

1915 April 11th

65944-004-21B96141.jpg

He held his rifle closely, the only sounds to be heard were the distant echoes of firing artillery and where they landed across the hill. No man spoke, no man moved.

The whistle blew, and charged they did through the mud and blood of the waves that had attacked before them as they charged the french positions. Men yelling and screaming, being met by a hail of machine gun fire and return artillery. He stepped over the dead bodies of his fallen brethren as they met the enemy trench. Raising his rifle he fired on a french soldier who was reloading his gun, he fell to the ground dead. He jumped down into the trench and a massive bloody melee ensued between German and French troops.

The Battle lasted for what seemed like hours. Until finally the smoke cleared and the Germans had won yet another victory. The troops celebrated later that night at dinner. The young Austrian Corporal stood with his fellow German soldiers.

“And let today show the world, that it is we!” he clasps his fist to his chest “True and superior germans have once again crushed our enemies who would rob us of our freedoms! Of our Country!”

“No British! No French! No Greek! Will ever be able to stand against the Kaiserreich! Against the the Vaterland!”

“Es lebe das heilige Deutschland!!!” He cheered, and all within ear shot shouted out from the trenches “Es lebe das heilige Deutschland!!”

ACTIONS

The German Army begins a mass recruitment drive, they are willing to take almost anyone who is willing to fight for the Vaterland! (MOD)

The Kaiserreich would order a daring construction project from DELAG....It isn’t cheap, and it could take well over a couple years possibly, would the war last that long? The Plans came from Eckhart Glockner and a few in the chain of command had witnessed it’s daring and it soon found it’s way to the Kaiser’s desk. He demands it be attempted! A Zeppelin costed roughly 850,000 Marks. This project would be given triple...By God He’s a mad man! (Mod)

Germany shifts it’s naval industry to focus on U-Boat Production! (Mod)

battle-of-the-somme-1916-pic-popperfoto-

1915 (Early Months)

The Royal Navy battleship HMS Formidable is sunk off Lyme Regis, Dorset, England, by an Imperial German Navy U-boat, with the loss of 547 crew.

Houdini performs a straitjacket escape performance!

A Locust outbreak in Palestine begins to damage crops

Pluto is photographed for the first time

The 1st International Soviet is established by Leon Trotsky. The Soviet councils and men of influence were conducting the Russian war. Trotsky was nominal leader of it all, with Lenin still in Germany. He however had more connections then the more Russia leaning Lenin. As a result the International Soviet though based in Vladivostok, will encompass the world! Socialist from every nation are encouraged to join. Many volunteers begin to arrive, and enter the civil war.

soldiers-elect-delegates-for-the-first-c

The Great War continues as more and more men die. The battles are numerous, and across several fronts. Most still believe they can win, and more and more young men are thrown into the militaries arms.

article-2419814-1BCB0733000005DC-203_964

U.S

The Second Square Deal is a far cry from its original model. For one big business and magnates lobbied quite successfully for their cause. If the Government wanted to gear up for mobilization and arms trade, they would need the magnates. National Parks and increased colony development are passed. Uncle Sam Schools are passed, but funding is thread bare, little school actually starting. The GACA, women’s suffrage, and consumer protection also fail to make it.

A

FBI department is founded somewhere in NYC. Their goals are unknown but it is clearly a specialized department.

Though very opposed to integration and were already a free nation. However the U.S did retain some rights, and their economic plan carries on. Sentiment is still low, but the aid is appreciated.

Great Britain

Most Americans are too poor to go see motion films. However the propaganda and talkies do have some effect. U.S citizens were by and large split, and isolationist to boot. However some British and French immigrants find sentiment in it. Some even begin to travel to Europe, to enlist. Cinema on the home front is also growing. Several men armed with the new technology traveled to the Western front. For now censored by Haig, what comes back is videos of massed BEF troops marching to the front, artillery bombardments, men digging trenches, etc.

The new Windsor house is greatly appreciated alongside the speech. Now was more a time then ever to rally behind Monarch and state.

Volunteers come in hordes in the early months of 1915, 2 million are raised. Mostly all from the same towns, they enlisted together. These ‘Pal’ regiments begin rigorous training on what BEF vets are left. They could be deployed as soon as the early months, if rushed. India and ANZAC troops will muster some 2 million by the end of the year.

Repairs and increased arms production begin on the navy, and land armies. It is slow, the British only really ever having to supply 250k standing troops. More and more women will be needed to fill enlisted men’s roles in the civilian life.

British and French forces begin a desperate entrenchment of the western front.

Research begins but for now is halting as so many other demands take precedence over new machine guns.

_83944692_inspectingtroops_cut.jpg

Brazil

Reactions are mixed to Brazilian intervention in the war. The Troops though greatly needed will take time to get across the front. The Brazilian economy takes a hit as more and more shipping space is dedicated to war over such products as coffee and sugar. Regardless the troops begin shipping off.

Recruitment of the 150,000 proceeds and they enter training.

Here the first opposition is shown. Many do not want to fight in what already seems a bloody European war. Many don’t volunteer, or dodge drafts. Republicans opposed to the Empire use this to begin their own recruitment drive.

Investment to domestic industry and infrastructure goes better. The coast and cities begin to noticeably grow.

The work to increase the shipyards and build new ones discounted. The government instead focuses on solely making shipyards good enough for production of modern ships for now.

The call to denounce U.S interventionism is certainly a popular concept at the time. Many assembled to discuss it as talks begin. However many do not want to trade the U.S for Brazil. Regardless a unsteady conference begins. Outright signers are Argentina, Mexico, Chile.

NoaN_5332816097_e366203f38_o.jpg

Serbia

Though a violate man, many people see the need to have a young Regent. Many rally behind his rhetoric anyway. What were the Bulgarians but eternal enemies? As a result more troops feel emboldened to commit atrocities as the fight continues.

Women’s suffrage for now is not fully passed. However their vital need in the industry does allow a slackening of current law.

Plane industry continues, Serbia even now has an early model recon plane ready for production. Thanks to the Italians!

For now Montenegro retains its independence, content to have a strong neighbor to be allied to.

The Logistics Corp continues it’s training, however by the coming offensive they would not be fully ready. It was a marked improvement over the past state though.

Polish Unionist

Pilsudski indeed would have his work cut out for him. Plenty of Polish splinter groups remained opposed. However he and his Warsaw government retained the most legitimacy. They were opposed by Poles who saw the concessions to Russia as a betrayal. They wanted full independence, not a union with a nationalist Russia. The fighting continues, mainly small skirmishes. No outright battles are conducted. Just small ambushes and guerilla strikes. 

With the ex Russian army officers inclined to remain loyal to the Polish supported by Russia, things look up. A small and relatively under-equipped main army is formed in Warsaw. Polish industry was underdeveloped, and many arms were in rebels hands. These men begint raining, as various Warsaw pact loyalist fight to buy time in the country.

220px-Ulani_RB2.jpg

Japan

The Imperial Navy is still busy preparing the first order, the second one this year is discounted.

Training of the new army units continues. However an increasing need for bodies on the front sweeps many away. They simply did not have the time, and had to deploy. Merely to match Beiyang Pact numbers. Marine training haphazardly continues.

Arms Industry expansion begins, factories churning out the weapons of war. As more and more of Japan is dedicated to military, the civilian economy begins to sag. Preparations are well financed, but debt will soon compound.

The Japanese struggle to find the time, resources, and knowledge to make a new LMG. Instead they resort to begging the Entente, who were also struggling in that field.

Believing the lies, many see the Chinese as inferior. However on the actual front Japanese are committing horrible atrocities, some not even bothering to kill Chinese of Manchus.The fighting is stagnant, and bloody.

The Factions take the money.

More and more Korean reserves fill the forts.

The training is a farce, many confused and not sure what to do. Add in a few injuries and little is learned. Few even took the marines seriously, as distinctly separate.

Greece

Plans continue in fits and starts, not much happening besides gradual improvement.

The recruitment drive begins as more and more Greeks are conscripted. Almost 150k men begin training. However to “[modernize] every aspect of Military commanding and tactics were modernized.” was a far from easy task. The Greeks had learnt much from the past wars but still had much to learn. No progress on modernization is made.

img41_1.jpg

Russia

And so Russia begins a very new and terrifying phase. The Nationalist Duma had managed to secure a quick peace in the west. Finns, Poles, and Ukrainians all were entities in their own right. In each respective state there were plenty of opinionated politicians. They were in an awkward state, now bound by union with a nation they had been fighting. But they all supported the union, and sent representatives off to the Grand Assembly. 

The elections in Russia themselves were a hotly debated issue. Many still supported the Tsar, who saved face alongside the peace. He was still the ceremonial head of state, and had many followers in the new government. He could even vote, making it clear he voted for Russia’s future. It was an odd and reluctant truce between Tsar and Duma. The entirety of the Union was comprised of men and passion and ambition, allying in their groups, and participating in bigger ones.

The Duma itself was full of various men with agendas of their own. But they were bound together by the war and peril. The Duma elite in most Oblast had strong nationalist support bases in the factory workers, city citizens, and common folk. Tsarist running against them got more from the Royalist, Industrialist elite who did not want unions barging into their land, and average Russians who loved the Romanovs. 

The Oblast were hotly contested, but the Russian Duma was by and large voted back in. 70 seats go towards the Duma, with 30 to the Tsarist supporters. The 150 seats up for grabs based on population were more leaning the other way however. Conservatives, rich landowners, and others against all the treaties with lesser states and loss of land were angry at the Duma. The more rugged base of Russia’s population wanted a return to the status quo of the Romanovs. As a result 80 seats go to the Tsarist. The Duma holding 40, and a Democratic party holding 30.

Private foreign investment is almost zero as the brutal civil war rages on. 

baa415544782213142a1911ae2c65ec1.jpg

Ottoman Empire

With help of German advisors, the arms factory begins construction. The Ottomans begin to hire skilled workers, and bring in supplies. The factory will even be rolling out arms in small quantities by  1916.

Oil Industry continues on pace. However all the money spent to find more oil is halted. Instead the Ottomans focus on improving what they already have. It had been doing this for some time now. They were actually producing oil, supplying their own navy. Several key Ottoman Generals and politicians urge the Sultan to take the Baku oil fields. They were what they needed, and perhaps the rich industry in magnates in the Empire were pressuring them. Paramilitary groups were even amassing in Armenia, under a Pasha. It would seem without state sanction they might even potentially march.

Training of the amassed armies throughout the Empire continues. It seems desperate, as men hear tales from the fights in Egypt and the Balkans. 

Work on the gun will coincide with the arms factory.

Germany

Germany was amassing her full complement of reserves. Many restrictions were loosened. For instance men who needed glasses, or lower level government jobs, or nobility. As a result over the next year she could expect 3 million more men. The army had always maintained a large pool of conscripts in times of war. The issue now was getting enough officers, supplying them, and training them properly for trench warfare.

Work begins into the Zeppelin project. It certainly would take a while, and had an uncertain fate. But Germany certainly had the money at the moment to spare.

U-Boats become the key component of naval production lines. Over the next two years fifty-seventy boats will be added to the current forty or so.

610x250_Albatros_DIII-610x250.jpg

Spain

Conscription begins as hundreds of thousands of men are impressed into service. Many protest to this, drawn away from their lives to serve Spain. Many didn’t exactly agree to the government’s ideas either. Paired with the now massive need for experienced officers, training facilities, equipment, and shipping, and the mobilization would indeed take quite some time. Many Conservatives and opposition actually join the army, using it to gain postion there.

And so the new army looks smartly dressed in it’s new drab colors. Officers protested, but they all heard what had happened to the French.

Edited by GrimBeard

(1915-2/2):

Reino de España

1i8N0j6Z-vAKYL1F0a6N5e-bmUgkJvoC2y6o1T71FVakcsU8mVDQqVU-wRqxyMfumDbQ7npSl7MNUaT4PtG2RTGSo4KzB0xYs6GB-cZkvrd_g7NEf-CUaOW5SuOMxrtJNYBZnuNX

Spanish ministers race across the peninsula as they determine different issues and their resolutions. The mobilization of the Spanish forces have grown to be an expansive effort for the whole country. The conscription of so many tens of thousands of men has caused several industries to look over their production methods. With less men able to work within the factories of Spain, factory managers and owners look to stabilize their factory outputs. Spanish men and women are seen waving along those who enlist within the military as they make their ways in small packs to recruitment offices.

KUDe-7t8ZsUYQomyqOGLIzeZwjY4CE575Tk9qukTetiQpbm1-ETgP9n38LiEr1g-fT9Qy0EAs-gBvL2n2-1Q58qy0k-mla0f7rPCAc6pFYqGwVrXNOKzUb0BzkbQY3vXZm6jHrQO

News surges throughout the country as an all women medical nursing corp is proposed to the Spanish Congress. One quote by Alvaro De Figueroa is cited by many women suffrage groups as saying, “Women are not the pawns of war and should not be the propagators of it, instead, I believe an all women medical corp would allow women to continue their jobs as natural born mothers to help relieve men in the wounds that they may occur in any military movement. Their position is that of the caretaker, determined by God himself. We should accept their natural talents to soothe men’s souls and let them help our brave soldiers.”

ldoAROQG7zLkg3TUZ1DwPnpIV--1jFxN6X4DiJx3BySvofIy8YS2jAlHCIYSRX86s_MwrhuWv7ZzXmJZ62jVhMsO0CQu_CqrUeHegd508fB01vp12Ki6XAamFsbBmnzgnd_btBkd

The Spanish National Anthem sounds as men are given their unit orders after they graduate from recruit training and their specialized military occupational schooling. Thousands of men graduate every week from their schooling in the military and are sent to their different units. New information seen from the battlefields of Europe are integrated into the military as officers and senior enlisted are drilled to use these new techniques. Mock battles are practiced in the Western Sahara colony with the Army Groups rotating as each officer and enlisted is guided on how modern war is enacted.

Vu087gDzYP-ABGQ-Rq-5yIcAp0vBiL9-Ylhg6PYXuGTRxjcWUskrFyHiyR5kji2U6GyUNrnMxcDh-0v35VWYNzEEky9DLVxT8dvKDsF_ryauo8iPjN1rgPBXp_jnLQqZFpe0dYpm

Actions Taken:

The Spanish Congress is proposed by Alvaro De Figueroa, the Prime Minister, on allowing women to serve in medical roles for the military. The generally liberal leaning party would also attempt to open this up in the future to allow women equal rights in voting.

Ideas seen from the battlefields on implementation of equipment, the benefits of offense and defense, and movement of troops is incorporated into battle doctrines. For now it is up to the officers to learn how to use it.

The entire military is doing mock battle drills with training in Spain and the Western Sahara region to flesh out the general failings of the military and work on improving the efficiency of the army.

Spain redacts old laws persecuting everyone but muslims wishing for those who are fleeing the Great War to come seek homes in Spain.

The Polish Republic

v62hEP9udUusdtDxHWTcPcDXgMVognkqVC4TWevWJLO1X_dD4bOjoILSt_U2e51PSVQbrBGxmyJ-FbjKXtDCLLo9GKR77-YzddmBicYqgCeZ9BiHD9OKUkefFfxuC6tH_2BlvjZe

A Country United

Poland has been embroiled in chaos. Rebel groups in the country vied for power amidst the crumbling Russian Empire. From the ashes of blood, death, and destruction order emerged. Headed by Jozef Pilsudski and the National Government, a large portion of poland was unified. This did not apply to all however. Rebel movements continued to fight on in fringes of the Polish border. Finally, an assembly was called, if Poland was to survive they must be united. Rebel leaders from across the country came, and after much discussion an agreement was reached, Poland was whole again.

Congressional Elections and a Message to the People

Jozef Pilsudski stands before a large crowd in front of the Congressional building. The sky is gray and rain patterns down on the large crowd before him. Pilsudski clears his throat as he begins his speech. “My fellow countrymen, long has our nation and people been oppressed and partitioned by our neighbors. But no longer, the ages of oppression are over. We are no longer slaves to a foreign power, we are free peoples! In the recent chaos that plagued our nation, I acted as temporary head of state, I am honored by the opportunity to lead such a noble people. However, I can no longer fulfill this role, it is time for a democratically elected body to assume its position. I urge the people of Poland to take advantage of an opportunity unbeknownst to us, to vote in the coming elections. I strongly advise my predecessors to observe the interests of the common man above all else, and to avoid the entangling alliances of Europe at all costs. With that my friends and countrymen, I formally resign from the position of consul” With that, he stepped down from the podium, with luck he would long be remembered as a hero of the country

However, this would not be where Pilsudski’s political career ends. Several days after his formal resignation, he announces his intention to run for the position of Consul at the head of the National party. The National party is a relatively new movement, and is most easily defined as Nationalist-Republican movement.

Polish National Army

The National Army was in a state of complete chaos, there was no proper chain of command or leadership. The Polish Army was no more than various bands of loyal militant factions. Pilsudski, a military man himself decides something must be done. A high command is composed, the most promising and experienced figures of command are selected. Next a complete re organization of the army into a modern and uniform fashion is launched.

It was clear to Pilsudski and the Polish leadership that the issues regarding the splinter groups must be dealt with. After much debate, the orders are distributed. The Polish National army would divide into regional commands to address any issues faster and more efficiently.

Training drives continue for troops who are still unassigned to any active operations.

In addition to previously mentioned government directives, a second branch of the Polish National Army is formed, the Polish Corp of Engineers. The new branch will serve a limited combat roll and will see use far outside the realms of military operations. In wartime, the corp will be dedicated to assisting battlefield fortification and entrenchment operations as well as the overall logistics of the army. In peace times its proposed to be used for mostly civil projects such as the construction of railways, roads, and other public or government projects.

OLrmB7OVmjhQX2iFKpyn06ZunEMiJjfdv-Ho8R1lqjhkzXnGJQhtHO55ABs_MpZ4MJMpBkV5SVOcqKCFhbc-P1jYDAfGKv9j3R0EMo-WqbpFbaZdmf0bSCQqA_Nc8Ab-lZqwxsHG

Long the pride of the Polish army, the legendary cavalry units known as the Polish Hussars have long served the nation as a vital asset. Though times are changing and the battlefield rolls of cavalry are becoming less and less important, their maneuverability and intelligence potential is perfect for small clashes and raids. The most veteran of the Hussars have duties away from the frontlines. They are assigned to be instructors, new government directives push for a growth in the cavalry forces in Poland. As many fresh recruits join the branch, they will require adept instructors.

Expansion of the Rails

Railways were undoubtedly the fastest and most efficient methods of transportation available across land routes. They were also extremely versatile, they could support public industry and transportation but in times of war could be used for the quick transport of men and material. Poland’s railways were not non existent but there was always room for improvement.

Seeing it as a perfect opportunity to break in the new Polish Corp of Engineers, the branch is commissioned to construct several new rail lines across the country. Any funding and material not directly available would be asked for in request to the Russian Union.

Industrial front

The industry of Poland is severely lacking and the government realizes the importance of establishing an industry to properly supply the armed forces and grow the economy. As a result, the government personally funds the construction of several arms factories across secure territory as well as offers extremely low taxes for companies wishing to branch into Poland. The hope is that Poland’s industrial growth will be spurred and the economy will improve in general.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Polish Menu

The Polish National Army, is reorganized into a modern army model.

Army Corp [23,040]

-Division I, II, III [7,680]

-- 1st, 2nd Brigade [2,560]

--- Battalion I, II, III, IV [640]

----- Company A, B, C [160]

------- Platoon I, II, III, IV [40]

----- Company Support [160]

------- Platoon I, II, III, IV [40]

- Cavalry Attachment [2500]

The Polish Corp of Engineers is founded. Its main objectives are to assist and oversee battlefield fortification and logistical efforts. In times of war the branch will be dedicated to civil and federal works.

The most veteran of the Hussars are made instructors and are to begin training a larger quantity of recruits as horsemen.

The Polish Corp of Engineers is commissioned by the government to improve the Polish railway network. If required, the Russian Union is requested to offer funding to the project.

The government personally funds the construction of several arms factories in Warsaw and other urban areas in order to help supplement the arms shortage and spur the economy. Extremely low business taxes is offered to companies wishing to bring industry to the fledgling nation.

The first national elections are held. All 100 positions of Congress are up for election as well as the Consulship.

Jozef Pilsudki announces his intention to run for the position of Consul in the upcoming elections at the head of the ‘National Party’

Edited by Krefarus

Russia

Logistics and Supply

Recruiters would be pushed to up their tactics and propaganda would display the glory of fighting for the Russian Army. The army would aim to enlist 1.2 million more men into the military and would spend the next year allowing them to train before they would be sent along the rail line to fight the Soviets in the East.

The Duma would offer a contract to any company which researched different types of aircraft and produced feasible designs and prototype planes which could be used to provide support for the army.

Industrialization efforts would continue, and the Duma would offer subsidies to companies which produced arms or goods for the military in a hope to increase production of the products.

The Russian Railway System

Funds would be sent to Warsaw in order to allow them to build a railroad network, and similar promises are made to Ukraine and Finland. The Duma cites the need to connect all of Russia together, starting with a comprehensive railway system they hope to create.

New light and heavy armored trains would be commissioned for construction in Moscow and the surrounding industrial regions.

Military Restructuring

Following the losses in the east, Prime Minister Ilyin and Minister Brusilov would work together to restructure the Russian military. After the retreat, training would begin with both the new recruits and the existing soldiers, while high command divided the military into ten different armies and provided the leadership and a comprehensive plan to pursue during the war. The armies would be organized as follows:

Marshall of the First Army Group: Aleksei Brusilov

Army 1: Commanded by Lavr Kornilov

Army 2: Commanded by Nikolai Ivanov

Army 3: Commanded by Mikhail Diterikhs

Marshall of the Second Army Group: Yakov Zhilinsky

Army 4: Commanded by Paul von Rennenkampf

Army 5: Commanded by Nikolai Ruzsky

Army 6: Commanded by Andrei Zayonchkovski

Marshall of the Third Army Group: Grand Duke Nicholas Nikolaevich

Army 7: Commanded by Aleksandr Samsonov

Army 8: Commanded by Nikolai Yudenich

Army 9: Commanded by Dmitry Shcherbachev

Army 10: Commanded by Mikhail Alekseyev

ACTIONS

The military would aim to recruit an additional 1.2 million soldiers.

Contracts are offered to any company who can produce a workable prototype for offensive aircraft.

Subsidies are offered for companies which produced weaponry or goods for the war effort.

Funding is granted to Poland to begin construction on their own railroad system.

The military orders as many light and heavy armored trains as can be produced within their budget. The trains would be tested and trained with during the army’s recovery.

[Please See Military Restructuring]

Edited by j0k3rf99

Image result for royal coat of arms uk scotland 1918

HOUSE OF COMMONS DEBATE TRANSCRIPTS. ‘A BILL FOR THE CONSCRIPTION OF MEN AGED BETWEEN 18 AND 35 INTO THE ARMED FORCES (EXCL. IRELAND.)’

LLOYD GEORGE: I WOULD ASK THE HONOURABLE MEMBERS OF THIS HOUSE TO SUPPORT THIS BILL ,WHICH WOULD ENTAIL CONSCRIPTION FOR YOUNG MEN. THE PRESSING NEED ON THE FRONT MEANS I MUST EARNESTLY ENTREAT YOU, MY FELLOW COUNTRYMEN, TO SUPPORT THIS ACT, WHICH WOULD EXCLUDE IRELAND AND THE COLONIES, AND COULD PROVIDE ANOTHER 2 MILLION MEN, TO PUT OUR FIELD STRENGTH ON THE FRONT AT AROUND 4.5 MILLION.

CHURCHILL: THE RIGHT HONOURABLE PRIME MINISTER IS QUITE CORRECT. VICTORY ON THE RAGING SEAS MAY BE ONE THING, BUT IF WE ARE TO DEFEAT GERMANY, A LAND POWER, WE MUST DO SO ON LAND. LIKE SPOILING THE SOUP OF A MAN WHO HAS BEEF APLENTY – THE SPOILED SOUP WOULD ATROUBLE HIM BUT LITTLE – SITTING BACK AND FIGHTING AT SEA IS NOT AN OPTION. IT IS TIME FOR BRITAIN TO BECOME A MAJOR LAND PLAYER. IT IS TIME TO GO FORTH AND, WITH EVERY CAPACITY IN US, FIGHT WITH EVERY FIBRE IN THIS LIFE AND DEATH STRUGGLE. 

MR. SPEAKER: ARE THERE ANY OBJECTIONS TO THIS BILL? NO OBJECTIONS RAISED. THE BILL STANDS.

Within a week, the Conscription Bill had received royal approval – it was now the Conscription Act of 1916. It was a commitment to raise yet another great wave of troops to fight, and a statement to the Central Powers that Britain was willing to give everything to turn the tide. Passed in June 1915, it is hoped that these planned 2 million conscripts – drawn first from the youngest and unmarried men and then progressively older, will be ready for war by the same time next year. (June 1916)

OTHER ACTIONS

-Britain further develops tank technology, hoping to have a working prototype within six months, and to have tanks on the battlefield by late 1916.

-Britain focuses still her naval production on capital ships, hoping to build 6 more Queen Anne class dreadnoughts. This new dreadnought class embodies the lessons learned from the naval battles of 1914, including much better armour, and are reckoned to be the most advanced dreadnoughts ever built. Shipwright specialists are exempt from conscription.

-Britain doubles the size of the work-force by starting organisations like the Women’s Land Army and other women’s organisations which try to push women into the workforce using propaganda. 

-Jan Smuts is asked to raise around 20,000 South Africans for an elite division of commandos, mostly drawn from Boer , but also some British volunteers. Many of these men would never think of fighting under the British but they are offered an elite status and Smuts’ charismatic influence should make it simple to raise such a number. 

-Australia and New Zealand are asked to raise a similar division of mounted infantry. Or rather, two divisions of 15,000 each. These again have an elite status and only the toughest recruits are accepted. These hardy aussies are thought of as ideal.

-Meanwhile, new Charlie Chaplain films are sent to the front to increase morale, as well as films highlighting the ‘barbarity’ of the ‘Hun.’ One film ends poigniantly with the wholesale destruction of a Belgian village by barbarous Germans with a British observer shaking his head and having a monologue saying: ‘What if this were Somerset, Shropshire, Ayrshire or Monmouthshire…etc?’ The idea is to get British soldiers aware to the urgency of the situation and that by holding every inch of ground, they are defending their own homes.

Edited by thesmellypocket