BronCloch

The Path To Hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jJnyyta07k

Snow fell on the bustling village of Nordengrad, citizens wandering about their business. The town was alive with people haggling in the market, and the ringing of the blacksmith’s hammer. The fields still gave some fruit to those that tilled the soil, and with the incoming fruit of the village labors came news that would stop the activity for an entire day.

Thoromir stood next to Valencia in the shadow of the Ash Tree, snow flecking his beard and wetting the onyx of her hair. She gripped his arm and whispered to him, their conversation hushed in the bustling streets. Activity came to a halt when the young woman called out, requesting the attention of the citizens around them.  Silence fell on the people, eyes and ears turning toward the two. As snowflakes covered the area, the woman’s voice rang out, “Thoromir and I are to be wed!” Moments passed before cheers erupted, and congratulations were passed. The couple shared a look, and delved into answering questions that were asked of them.

Flyers are posted around Nordengrad and Letters are sent forth to those persons of interest. Please do not meta game the information your character would have no access to unless your character is specifically given access IRP.

To All Folk of Nordengrad:

Spoiler

The Throne is pleased to announce the betrothal of Thoromir Ruric the Second to one Miss Valencia Mournstone. All Nordengrad citizens that wish to attend are invited to attend the ceremony taking place by the end of the small cycle. All who dwell within the realm are welcome to attend. Gifts will be provided to every Keyholder of the realm as is tradition. 

Writ en namen de

Thoromir Ruric and Valencia Mournstone

To the Smallfolk of Dunshire

Spoiler

You are all invited to the wedding of Thoromir Ruric and Valencia Mournstone. Plenty of mead, vittles and leaf will be provided to all Smallfolk who attend. There will also be a rousing game of Last man drinking, where the last man able to drink at the end of the night will be given a magnificent prize. All Smallfolk of Dunshire are welcome to attend with a special place for the Smallfolk Chieftain Woodstock.

Writ en namen de

To the King of Haense @JuliusAakerlund

Spoiler

In recognizing the special relationship our two peoples have held in the past, we do formally invite you and your people to attend our wedding. We hope to restore the affable bonds our two peoples once had and move past the old histories that plagued us. Mead and foodstuffs shall be available aplenty and merriment will be provided to all comers. We hope to see the drinking prowess of our fellow Haensi cousins in the arena of Last man Drinking. In this spirit we hope you will do us the great honour of attending.

Writ en namen de

To the Queen of the Elven Dominion of Malin @Jaeden

Spoiler

Our two realms share a great swathe of borderland and as such we feel it would be unacceptably rude to not extend an invitation. Having heard of the passing of your predecessor we were struck with some sorrow, but moreso respect. For he is a longear that certainly earned his glorious death, having fallen in battle in defence of his honour and realm. A more worthy death one can only pray for. We realize that our own realm, culture and peoples are largely alien to the longeared folk of your realm. But perhaps this is an issue that can be resolved with time. In this spirit we do invite you and your folk to attend the wedding of Thoromir Ruric and Valencia Mournstone. Drink will flow in plenty, food will be readily available and there will be many rituals, challengers, games and frivolry to entertain all your folk who present themselves. We hope you will do us the honour of being present.

Writ en namen de

To The Chieftain of Mournstone @Keening

Spoiler

I have decided to marry your daughter, no doubt as a result of your endless hinting and encouragement. While the binding of our two clans will no doubt be beneficial to the future stability of the realm and the production of an heir to prevent our realm from descending into the moot inspired anarchy of the past, Valencia has truly won me over. I hope you will do me the honour of attending our union, that I may bestow the gifts owed upon you. May the All Father’s gaze light your steps, all respects.

Writ en namen de

Thoromir Ruric

To the Chieftain of Grimlee @Cornivore

Spoiler

Your honoured position in the realm aside you have been nothing but loyal and hardworking in the development of this realm. From the first day we laid stones to the first real marriage of the realm. You have watched Nordengrad grow from a meagre city of tents housing starving refugees and outlaws to a bustling village of free and proud farmers unapologetically working the frontier, that they may make a better life for themselves and their kinfolk. This all being partly due to the labour of you and your proud people, working the fields of the realm and keeping us all beyond the fierce jaws of starvation. We would be honoured if you would attend this wedding

Writ en namen de

To the Chieftain of Fiscere @Lighters_striker

Spoiler

To the Chieftain of the seafolk. You and your Folk have, as the clans before you been present in the realm since its earliest days. Seeking a free life for your clansfolk and a good life for your descendants you and yours worked tirelessly to build what we now have. Chopping lumber, cooking meals, repairing torn vestments, working the waters that even in bad harvests we did not starve. For this we cannot sufficiently express our gratitude. We request that you do us the honour of attending our wedding, that you may observe the fruits of your labour come to bear as the future of our realm is formed before us all.

Writ en namen de

To the Chieftain of Arden @Anisgar

Spoiler

To the Chieftain of the Ardens. Despite your recent ascension to nobility the contribution of you and your brother cannot be understated. Serving respectively as our Marshal and as the Patriarch of the Holy Hearth, guiding the souls of our realm that they may properly know the All Father’s light. We hope you and your kinfolk would make themselves present at the festivities that their labour may be repaid in kind.

Writ en namen de

To the Baroness of Herz @Zeldarina

Spoiler

You and your people are invited to attend the wedding of Thoromir Ruric and Valencia Mournstone. Having settled directly on our Northern border we feel it would be best if we maintained amicable relations. We hope to see you at the Wedding.

Writ en namen de

To the Duke of Halsworthy @Lsuvsfar

Spoiler

As a close personal friend of mine I would appreciate it if you would attend my wedding. I will not lie, the prospect of marrying a woman such as Valencia is both exciting and terrifying. Her fondness for weapons almost as tall as most men is of course a strange quirk. Such worries aside I would be most reassured if you would attend, that we may share one last pint together as free men.

Thoromir Ruric

OOC Information:

Spoiler

The wedding will begin on Saturday at 5 PM EST in the village of Nordengrad. Please do not meta-game this information.

Thoromir would sip his Nordengradic Stout, still convinced that the Zweihander was the Katana of the west

(lol ur post to rep ratio is already fucked let narthok post it next time hahahaha)

"I suppose I don't need an invitation as it will be conducted at my home most likely." Says a bark skinned dryad as she hears news of the marriage in Nordengrad. "How interesting a Nordengradic union will be to witness." She says idly before returning to collecting excess sap from her tree, as letting the liquid drip down the bark and seep into the soil was both dangerous and wasteful after all.

Svarr Grimlee would begin preparing his tuxedo, tying his father's shoes for him.

North unfolds the envelope carefully, She reads over the contents and smiles. “I cannot wait to attend” She says to herself, and then goes to inform the rest of her town.

Xalid removes a dusty pack from his shelf. "I know just what t'ah make" He heads off to the forge

Gaius Mournstone leveled his gaze with the signature at the base of the letter. “That was... quick,” he remarked with a quirked brow. “My daughter is truly growing up.”

The Vyrannian meandered out of his tavern, heading towards the Mournstone clanhall to begin preparations.

Queen Renn Calithil will appear, should times be forgiving!

((5pm EST, ack. I'll try to come 🙂

Uther Fiscere would shed a tear "aiv always love weddings" he speak as he gathers his family, and goes to buy them new clothes!

1 hour ago, Jaeden said:

Queen Renn Calithil will appear, should times be forgiving!

((5pm EST, ack. I'll try to come 🙂

((5pm is when we start doing games and other events not the wedding proper!

Nordengrad's local minority clenches his fists, shaking his head. He grits his teeth upon continued reading of the invitation, making a promise to himself to never attend a wedding ever again. Ever again. Ever. For real this time. 

((Does this person get with every new GM? Is this the initiation ceremony to assure loyalty to the Reich. Like what the ****. Never lost so much respect for a person so fast.))

1 hour ago, dsdevil said:

((Does this person get with every new GM? Is this the initiation ceremony to assure loyalty to the Reich. Like what the ****. Never lost so much respect for a person so fast.))

(( When I joined the GM Team I was required to submit to a brand of Tythus LTD and give fireheart a blood sample for the archive

Leofwine would read over the note, before looking towards his chests "Well, looks like I've got to find a wedding gift."