[✗] Ascended Rewrite: The Tears of Aeriel

Lark

Please try and remain civil and constructive while commenting on this thread.

Thank you- FM Team

10 hours ago, EternalSaturn said:

It seems the problem is that you weren't well-versed in the lore of the Ascended during your time with them. Aeriel's domain has been the Moon, and lore-approved as such, since the last rewrite submitted a year or two ago. They're also still a Holy Order, as their main purpose is still to protect the Descendants and their souls. I would also like to state that, as someone who broke the lore-approved tenants of Aeriel, I wouldn't say you're missing out on any 'nice things', as you don't have access to magic anyhow because your character betrayed his patron and magic. Your grudge because you got caught for doing something wrong doesn't contribute whatsoever to this lore submission in terms of feedback, especially as it seems you're more concerned about the perks the magic gave you rather than the magic as a whole.

I am more concerned about the Lore of old more then anything, sure it is an interesting twist on the Ascended Story-ark, I personally in my own opinion dislike it, this has nothing to do with a “grudge” as I have none with any of the members of the Group, also that persona is long gone and on a shelve and dead, I got bored of him, and sure he broke a Tenant or two, which he did almost unknowningly, but he was in the middle of a grand plan to take his enermy, and used it as a sacrifice, which wont be a problem with the new Rewrite, basically making the Roleplay that was created from it pretty useless in my opinion, also the reasons I Said te nice things bit is because I like Soulfire as a consept better then this crystal thing. 

7 minutes ago, BrandNewKitten said:

The shield spell is overpowered. 

Astral Mirrors are stationary and can be outmaneuvered, can be destroyed physically, and their core mechanic of absorbing *anything* can be exploited.

Very good rewrite, it was a pleasure to watch progress to this stage. +1

Excellent rewrite guys! I was not expecting the Ascended to go in this direction. Good job to all that worked on it.

15 minutes ago, Hobbs_Burrows said:

How does this relate to actual Ascended which the server had in Aegis?

These ARE the actual Ascended now.

40 minutes ago, Mavromino said:

These ARE the actual Ascended now.

But what happened to the actual Ascended? What caused the change from the original Ascended to this current iteration? They are completely different.

1 hour ago, Hobbs_Burrows said:

But what happened to the actual Ascended? What caused the change from the original Ascended to this current iteration? They are completely different.

I ask, why not change? It brings something newer to the idea of Ascended and strays from the previous iteration along with not having a total focus on undead.

1 hour ago, ZachoSnacko said:

I ask, why not change? It brings something newer to the idea of Ascended and strays from the previous iteration along with not having a total focus on undead.

I think this post strays so far from the entire point of 'lore' - which is to show the life of the server passed down from generation to generation of players. This is just made up nonsense written on a forum thread, it has no relevance to anything which happened in the past and very little of what actually occurs in game. 

But Ascended should have been removed at the end of Aegis and have been breaking and making up their lore ever since, so what more can I really expect.

40 minutes ago, Hobbs_Burrows said:

I think this post strays so far from the entire point of 'lore' - which is to show the life of the server passed down from generation to generation of players. This is just made up nonsense written on a forum thread, it has no relevance to anything which happened in the past and very little of what actually occurs in game. 

But Ascended should have been removed at the end of Aegis and have been breaking and making up their lore ever since, so what more can I really expect.

Sometimes you must move away from the past and develop into something new to keep up with things. Nothing can ever remain the same while everything else changes. The past of the Ascended will be held in high regard still, in terms of history and traditions, and still will be taught to some degree but the magic itself has changed.  It's a **** move to just abandon all of that history and the efforts of those in the past. Both In Character and Out of Character - We won't be forgetting how our magic worked in the past, nor abandon our previous history or traditions. So rest assure, no history or the efforts of previous Ascended will be forgotten, we've only changed the magic and a few aspects but we hold no intentions on changing the history or past. A majority of the Aegis Ascended have moved on now, and there's no real reason for us to revert back to those days when we want to move forward.

Plus, a majority of the Ascended voted in favour for this change, and this was what we as the player base that this lore caters around wanted to see. We wanted something new from the past, and one that made the Ascended different from the Paladins and the Clerics, something that provided a better roleplay experience than the "Light VS Dark" or "Holy = fire/light" areas. We wanted to give something new, focusing on an area that no other holy magic focused on and that's the use of crystals and being in a full-on supportive role. Not to mention, having to kill members of the dark community gets boring as hell for me and the dark community, and I actually enjoy interacting with them in a more sociable way than just fighting constantly. So this lore does give forth some freedom that we didn't have in the past.

As for this lore not fitting in with what's occurring right now - yes, nothing is occurring that ties with this new lore, but I believe there is something planned that involves a smooth transition to the new lore if it gets accepted. Plus, infusions will be dealt with accordingly, as they will all become nullified when the lore is released (aka - no longer can anyone activate a soulfire infusion)

I'm just going to make a general response to everyone commenting on how different the lore is:

For year and a half I have been an Ascended, we never see any end to all the insults we get about our magic, be it that it targets undead or just the plain 'Ascended Suck' with no other context besides someone just wanting to put us down. But now that we have changed the lore, which we were asked to change to be something new and different by the LT Lead, mind you, you're all now so concerned about our lore and saying that the changes aren't good?

I'm just going to be honest, how do we win with you people? Telling us to shelve or go away isn't going to happen, so any comment with that statement is of no concern to us whatsoever. But that fact that on one day you insult our lore and the next you try to uphold it makes me question whether you actually care about server lore or rather just get enjoyment out of sitting on a forum all day and messing with people or playerbases.

41 minutes ago, EternalSaturn said:

I'm just going to be honest, how do we win with you people? Telling us to shelve or go away isn't going to happen, so any comment with that statement is of no concern to us whatsoever. But that fact that on one day you insult our lore and the next you try to uphold it makes me question whether you actually care about server lore or rather just get enjoyment out of sitting on a forum all day and messing with people or playerbases.

Can't win with a playerbase and a name that are eternally associated with bad rpers.

You won't ever win, you just need to create a bit of lore that suits you all and allows for you to create roleplay beyond the usual, white knight syndrome that plagues that stereotype