[✗] Ascended Rewrite: The Tears of Aeriel

Lark

Clarifications to abilities and Astra added (finally)

21 hours ago, Lark said:

Clarifications to abilities and Astra added (finally)

What did you even change? I can’t tell lol

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:14 PM, Destroyer_Bravo said:

so can i summon an angel to this realm or whatever

and if i can what stops me from killing it by exploding an ice rink while singing the elven national anthem

This man Hendersons.

This is personal curiosity fueled by the grief we received about finding a “purpose” for Azdrazi: what is the point of Ascended at this time? They served their purpose and were meant to be shelved when Aegis ended, but were maintained due to an inability of the players to let go. After all these years, could the maturity be mustered to finally put Ascended to rest? I’m just wondering.

22 minutes ago, pbuh said:

This is personal curiosity fueled by the grief we received about finding a “purpose” for Azdrazi: what is the point of Ascended at this time? They served their purpose and were meant to be shelved when Aegis ended, but were maintained due to an inability of the players to let go. After all these years, could the maturity be mustered to finally put Ascended to rest? I’m just wondering.

After Aegis the purpose of the Ascended became save souls from being altered through dark magic and attempt to find a way to restore those already altered to their previous state, and also protect the descendants from those that wish to  annihilate them like world antags.

But due to the rigidity of both loreholders and LT cure creatures of altered soul wasn't possible, so our rp focused on trying to defend descendants from such individuals and their soulless minions, which the LT is trying to avoid rn.

At the start of this lore is pretty clear that the Ascended as they were before won't exist anymore and a totally new kind of Ascended will replace them, basically leaving behind the deific fire to move towards Astra which is holy water/ice of sorts.

Tbh i was in favor of changing the name of the magic to leave behind all the hate and resentment that some people still holds towards it, having in mind that the abilities are totally different and the playerbase is a rather fresh one... but the majority preferred to keep it.

Now once i explained that; The new purpose of the Ascended is ensure that all souls reach an adult age before they pass on the soulstream, as such is beneficial to Aeriel, which implies help those in need so they are able to develop correctly (so they don't die young, their souls are not corrupted etc). The magic itself will be orientated towards utility and support instead of solely fighting, in my opinion the main purpose of any magic should be generate a kind of rp different than what can offer any other magic, and i think that this rewrite will do so once finished.

We are open to feedback if you think that something could be different or if you wish to contribute with ideas.

On 11/8/2018 at 10:21 PM, pbuh said:

To add on from Suxal’s post, the Ascended’s focus in terms of enemies is now on a more broad scale than focusing on dark vs light rp. The Ascended will also focus more on handling major threats that seek to harm, enslave, corrupt, or destroy the mortals (such as September Prince, Setherein, etc – mostly ET major and minor antagonists, and even player antagonists, that can be mortal, natural, voidal, dark, and even other Aengudaemons), given they are the major threats in harming souls and ceasing them from living normally, as well as cause major soul corruption. So this will include faint aspects of fighting, but being more focused on utility and support to aid the descendants against these threats.

Of course. When it comes to threats, they can take the form of major beings of mass destruction, but also in the form of powerful relics that when in the wrong hands, can wreck the lives of many people. So it was decided that the Ascended will also focus on researching these threats and devoting their lives on protecting and containing them, making sure that any threats are not unleashed on the mortals before they are even unleashed, or being there to assist in stopping them. The bigger point is that the Ascended will hopefully focus on being there to re-seal or contain them to buy time to prepare the mortal, as sometimes, fighting a threat head-on with little resources can be difficult, thus more time is needed but is hard to get when more and more lives are being lost. Thus, I can confirm that I am working on a ritualistic spell that will give 5-10 ascended a chance to seal away a major/minor ET antagonist, but the spell in question will be heavily redlined and following roughly the same redlines the ET follows and being temporary.

This new focus was decided to give the Ascended a stronger goal that can include descendants and the Ascended actively working with different groups on taking down or sealing away a threat. Furthermore, it ’ll give forth to a range of unique roleplay in terms of utility and support – two areas that aren’t really focused on within the deific magic side – and make the Ascended the support of the group, and having a support-based class that can enhance other party members and debuff opponents. Dark VS light RP will still occur, given that we’re still against soul corruption and whatnot, but it is no longer the major goal and focuses for the Ascended.

The overall aim is not to make the Ascended come across as the heroes who save the day, we’re aiming at avoiding that part completely. Instead, the Ascended will serve as the supporting magic that can help change the tides of a battle into the favour of the Descendants, but this tipping of the scales won’t always happen and an Ascended can still be taken down. I am very aware that many did not enjoy how the Ascended’s current lore did not give many purposes and they were basically just like the paladins and cleric, and this is why both myself, Suxals, and Jallen worked heavily with the LT to change the Ascended away from that and give them a clear purpose that doesn’t just benefit us as a playerbase, but also many other groups.

Since you mentioned the Azdrazi, I feel as though I should mention this.

In regards to souls that have been altered, such as Azdrazi or any magic or being that requires the soul to be altered to obtain such – I’ll check the base lore and see what’s described there. But if there’s nothing explaining how the magic affects different soul alterations, I’m hopefully going to aim towards the magic not inflicting any harm on such when using any support/utility based abilities, unless it’s a debuff, and that all alerted based souls will be impacted by the offensive abilities the same way that they affect descendants and any other beings. That way, there’s a more equal balance and also prevents Ascended from being Light VS Dark based by having a magic that affects just dark beings, given that we’re now also focusing on threats that can take on a more natural, voidal, or Aengudaemonic form.

Myself and Suxal are currently the ones editing this lore, given that Jallentime has left for the server a bit, and we’re aiming on ensuring that there are no loopholes within the lore, as well as that the Ascended are no longer just sitting around and doing nothing – but they are out there, helping descendants, standing by their sides against major antagonistic threats, and being the supports in major fights.

I hope this answers any concerns you and anyone else has.

Sorry to post here about this topic again, but I can’t get it off my mind- why would you even switch away from Soulflames, whilst this looks good on its own it does not seem every Ascended, like this would do for a normal magic for sure, but I simply cannot see this for the Ascended of Aeriel, call me cynical but this seems oddly like something you would see being used by pure Moonlight Magi, and not by a Holy Order that is sworn to rid the Realm of Darkness and Corruption, it seems more like something out of a fanfiction or creative piece than a LoTC, also correct me if I am wrong, but where is all the anti-corruption for saving souls? Aeriel might be the Aengul who has been ruling the Moon, but she is still the Lady of Souls, not of the mon, the moon is simply a body, a physical form on the Realm, doubling down on this seems extremely odd and does not. yet again, feel Ascended.

Now you could argue that this piece of Lore would be good, but that is not exactly the point, while it is good, it would make more sense for it to be its own separate magic, not as Ascended as a thing. The Ascended promise has dwindled over the years and needs to be strapped down on, by making this change it looks almost like you want to create your own fancy form of Magic, but I agree with Farryn’s post above about inactivity and idling, I have been around as one of the only active Ascended for a time, it was sad to be the only one really around to do things- even then I usually just casually roleplayed with no clear sign of helping insight, I can list you exactly who was active too, Farryn, Eternal, Gilded, Me, and that is more or less it, the rest get on once and a while but nothing more, honestly disappointing, ever since I was DC’ed the only two I have seen actively is Gilded and Farryn, and sometimes if lucky Eternal. Which is insanely sad, the rest have pretty much quit the server or is unable to play because of real life, now I also see Minstral on which means they are kicking it into gear, but again, this rewrite just looks like a different version of Muun Magic.

Now to the community bit, or more specifically the leadership, even more specifically how DC’ing works which is something revoltingly disgusting, lying straight up about OOC Disconnection and then taking action into roleplay when the smallest Tenant is bent, no questioning, just straight up Disconnection, though I ain’t mad, just slightly disappointing about the lies told to the people, now that is said and done with, the other thing I don’t like about the leader has a general bad nature and immaturity I had seen from the person time and time yet again, and just flat out is toxic towards me, I honestly hope his break will be long. Take that as you will.

But I like the idea of them sealing away threats, but they are just not going to look, or feel good being totally different. Don’t change a Magic completely because you can no questions asked- just make a new Magic from the bottom, this does not even need to be exactly Aeriel based let’s be honest, it could literally be that you converted Moonbeams into Magical energy, and not have to place an Aengul sticker on there, now that being said let’s go to Altered Souls and how much Aenguldaemons care.

Anything with an Altered Soul no matter by what should get affected by any and all Ascended effects, without penalty or slap on the wrist, as anything with an Altered Soul, is going against Aeriel’s own power grabbing that Aenguls and Daemons do, And I am sure if you helped such a being, be it a Soul Tree or an Undead you would get a swift Disconnection, as yet again, they are impure and against Aeriel’s will- people don’t seem to really understand that Ascended should shun all Soul changes at all, not just Dark, and of course Immortality, which is obviously the worst of them all, well except for Soul Corruptions of the Iblessian. Which will stright up send you to the Bad Place no questions asked at all.

Now I like the Idea of the Souls being an adult and such blah blah, but what if it was a traitor or something else? Something that Aeriel would not enjoy one of her Ascended helped, sometimes I once again think should become a punishment, because it would be unjust to help the wicked and wrong, be it Descendant or not.

Now going back a bit in all of this and stuff, why keep it as a Holy Magic if you are not going to be holy heroic champions of your god? Like for stuff like this, I think we need an Aenguldaemonic category outside of Holy because this has gone so far from a Holy Magic as you could, having it effect everyone would not make sense from Aeriel’s standpoint unless she wanted more Souls for the Ebrietæs, the Soul Stream, something I doubt she would do soon at least. Like how the Ascended should be neutral in judgements unless it goes against Aeriel’s likes or her will. 

Now back to the Altered Soul thing, an Ascended should not want to help them, but should not try and attack them, just staying clear of them, unless they are corrupted by anything, then they should be killed, unless they could be released from their Darkness by peaceful means.

Also, I enjoy that the Ascended are going for a more neutral approach like they should have been from the start, they serve a cruel Aengul, not some sort of jolly holy god, but whatever, I’ll leave some lore about Aeriel’s Code and such here.

Spoiler

Her doctrine is a bitter one, scornful of the dark pasts of the mortal worlds, and specifically the evil that had been hosted within it. Her old war with Iblees on the old land of Aegis stands as a prime example; the extensive conflict had warped her impressions of mortal life, and therefore her hatred for embodiments of evil had been applied to the power of the Relative Center, condemning the souls of the dead whom, in life (or unlife) existed either previously or continuously as dark figures or malignant entities before the passing of their soul to the soul stream. Those that are denied the afterlife of the incorporeal realms beyond are condemned, cursed to roam the blasted lands of Ebrietæs as wretched spirits, warped by the angst of Aerial’s rejection and the shadows that clung to their souls and therefore prevented them from passing into the Relative Center.

Take that with what you will, I have tried to make names out of this as much as I could, and I am sorry if you got mentioned and did not want to be. This is just my opinion at best, take it or leave it. 

I only read the first three paragraphs of what u said bc I’m in the car and too lazy to continue on my phone but it’s evident that you’re unaware that ascended were repurposed. We know longer are meant to solely destroy corruption, but rather preserve people’s souls, so the new rewrite shouldn’t feel entirely “Ascended” (as you described it), because we’re completey different now. Regarding what u said about the inactivity, I can agree, but many of our members have moved on from lotc, not just pk their ascended. In regards to what u said about disconnection: you are completey incorrect. In my experience playing an ascended, minor, subconscious bends to the tenets and mistakes are often excused but blatant and severe mishaps such as what occurred with you and many others will result in disconnection. They’re rules, and if you can’t  follow them then you will get dc’d .

edit- sorry, forgot to quote you and don’t know how to fix it on mobile but I was talking to @Jondead

Edited by Anthony303

You really can't seem to let go of the past, can you, @Jondead ? It's not good for you if you keep focusing on it and allowing it to keep getting to you. Trust me, mate, it’s about time you move away from this for your sake, not ours. Yours.

However, I will address your queries the best I can. *cracks knuckles*

3 hours ago, Jondead said:

Sorry to post here about this topic again, but I can’t get it off my mind- why would you even switch away from Soulflames, whilst this looks good on its own it does not seem every Ascended, like this would do for a normal magic for sure, but I simply cannot see this for the Ascended of Aeriel, call me cynical but this seems oddly like something you would see being used by pure Moonlight Magi, and not by a Holy Order that is sworn to rid the Realm of Darkness and Corruption, it seems more like something out of a fanfiction or creative piece than a LoTC, also correct me if I am wrong, but where is all the anti-corruption for saving souls? Aeriel might be the Aengul who has been ruling the Moon, but she is still the Lady of Souls, not of the mon, the moon is simply a body, a physical form on the Realm, doubling down on this seems extremely odd and does not. yet again, feel Ascended.

Soulfire

One – many members of the current Ascended community agreed that holy fire is becoming a cliche, too well used on the server (given that clerics uses holy fire, and I think (big think), the Paladins had a spell that did once use holy fire in one of their previous lores). Not to mention holy fire... well... it gives the strong impression that our powers are meant to burn those of unholy nature – which was the intent on the current (soulfire) lore, but not what we intended for the new rewrit as we have a new goal and purpose. We wanted something more unique, an aspect that wasn’t that explored on LotC and could provide brand new concepts and ideas that were never considered before, and that was the use of a crystal-esque magic.

Two – Soulfire was OP, and can be abused if you know how. Because let’s face it – you get a bit of soulfire on you and you’re a dark being? Instant death once the fire completely consumes you. No water can stop it, and the only known way to stop it is by cutting off a limb, and they can be hard to regain if they’re burnt completely to nothing. Plus, now that it harms descendants too, soulfire just feels too OP and also restricting. It’s like fire evocation, you get fire on you and you burn, only that this fire does not go out when the Ascended has finished channelling it.

Three – The Soulstream has been confirmed to be on the moon many, many times, therefore us using moonlight or something deeply tied to the moon actually makes perfect sense given the connection. What would be contradicting is if the Ascended become focused on sunlight (which is a paladin-cleric area, given Xan is seen as the Lord of Sunlight and the Clerics currently have Divine Wardenism that is tied to the sun) or us going into an area more suited to voidal. Additionally, most Aenguls have been tied to the sun, light, orde, justice, etc  and that in itself is being a bit cliche. It’s setting the whole ‘Light is good, sun is good, etc, etc” chain of thought. Moonlight is often tied to night, which in turn is tied to darkness but when the roles are switched so moonlight is seen in a more helpful way, it’s a very unique and interesting concept. Additional point: Moonlight is seen as guiding and watchful figure during the night, which can represent a person being there to guide someone through the darkest times of their lives, or keeping the darkness at bay while a person walks on with their life.

Four – The Ascended are no longer a holy order focused on ridding corrupted souls, given that there’s no point as dark beings can come back and we can barely remove any curses (frost witches, etc). This is a fact that has been explained in depth in both mine and Suxal’s post, in terms of why we’re not focusing on ‘light VS dark’, and given that you’ve mentioned me a couple of times and referred to my post. I was expecting you to already know full well why we’ve turned away from such, but it appears you did not. Lastly, the definition of ‘holy’ is not something correlating to removing undead or something corrupted 24/7. What holy really means is ‘dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose; sacred’, and the Ascended still fit with this definition in terms of being an order dedicated to Aeriel’s mission on keeping the descendants alive and combat any threats that seek their eradication or doom.

Five – The closest would be considered the Kha, but their magic has been denied constantly but we did not want to completely take away that right from them. Our magic is not 100% focused on the moon, nor do we actually gain energy from the moon. Instead, we use Tearstone Shards that came directly from Aeriel and serves as the main usage of our magic. If you did take the time to read the lore, this is made very clear and is straightforward to interpret from the lore. This magic does not rely on the moon

Six – With the editing, we may add on a spell that allows for an Ascended to aid a soul in terms of curses, but given that just about all curses on LotC cannot be lifted (due to lore holders basically telling us no, even though it would be reasonable for an Ascended alone to be able to remove a curse). It’s virtually impossible for us to actually remove or destroy any curses, else we will be going against other current existing lore. So even if we do add such to our lore, it will be a very useless spell in terms of actually returning souls to normal. However – there are more ways to save a soul, rather than just fighting it, and the Ascended here are going to be more support-based, rather than the fighting aspect. We can still fight against corrupted beings and prevent souls from being corrupted the moment the attempt is made, but we’re aiming at a more larger scale that allows us to save more souls than before.

Now you could argue that this piece of Lore would be good, but that is not exactly the point, while it is good, it would make more sense for it to be its own separate magic, not as Ascended as a thing. The Ascended promise has dwindled over the years and needs to be strapped down on, by making this change it looks almost like you want to create your own fancy form of Magic, but I agree with Farryn’s post above about inactivity and idling, I have been around as one of the only active Ascended for a time, it was sad to be the only one really around to do things- even then I usually just casually roleplayed with no clear sign of helping insight, I can list you exactly who was active too, Farryn, Eternal, Gilded, Me, and that is more or less it, the rest get on once and a while but nothing more, honestly disappointing, ever since I was DC’ed the only two I have seen actively is Gilded and Farryn, and sometimes if lucky Eternal. Which is insanely sad, the rest have pretty much quit the server or is unable to play because of real life, now I also see Minstral on which means they are kicking it into gear, but again, this rewrite just looks like a different version of Muun Magic.

Firstly – The lore is good but it can be better. Such is what myself and Suxals are currently working on, expanding the base that Jallentime has provided for us. Yes, the first lore you’re seeing right now, it needs heavy love and tlc, which is where myself and Suxals are coming in. That’s something myself and the Ascended playerbase all agreed with.

Two – The same could be said for the Paladins, if we are to take in your logic that if there’s no members around, the magic should be a separate magic or be denied. There are fewer paladins around than there are of ascended, but their lore has been accepted and I expect for their activity to rocket now, and for them to get their playerbase up and running The reason why there are fewer Ascended around is because we are focusing more on our real life, which must always come first and above everything LotC. A majority of the Ascended are in university (myself included), while others are at school or working. Furthermore, it depends on your timezone, Jon, and given you’re a European like me, you and I will more likely see Ascended that are in the European timezones or just entering the eastern American timezones - so the people you listed. By the time the server is at peak time, it’s usually time for us Europeans to get ourselves to bed and chances are, you’ll miss out on the active USA Ascended players that come on. Here, I can even list a few that are on much later and when you are offline: Assassinofawesome, Cordial, Aerielvanguard, Zachslayer (when his Ascended was alive), TheTri (when his character was alive), and Suxals. That's six additional Ascended, meaning that in total - ten to eleven Ascended, which is usually the standard amount of people from the same order online for a day. Do not think that the players you see most are the only active ones, because there are more of us that are active than the ones you listed down.

Three

“I have been around as one of the only active Ascended for a time, it was sad to be the only one really around to do things” 

Please don’t think that you were the only actively working Ascended when you was one, it’s disappointing and insulting to the other active Ascended who were doing just as much work as you, the ones you listed and the ones I listed. It's uncalled for and is just showing you don't acknowledge that the other active users were doing work. That is something I downright disagree with, and actually feel hurt by.

Four – It is to be expected that when the Ascended rewrite is done, the community will become more active, given that some of us have been focusing on other areas outside of LotC because we’re not enjoying rping our characters with the current lore. None of us are enjoying rping out "Light VS Dark" as much, given that it's becoming too tiring at this stage. We all want something new and a better concept to explore, thus many are waiting for the rewrite to be accepted.

Now to the community bit, or more specifically the leadership, even more specifically how DC’ing works which is something revoltingly disgusting, lying straight up about OOC Disconnection and then taking action into roleplay when the smallest Tenant is bent, no questioning, just straight up Disconnection, though I ain’t mad, just slightly disappointing about the lies told to the people, now that is said and done with, the other thing I don’t like about the leader has a general bad nature and immaturity I had seen from the person time and time yet again, and just flat out is toxic towards me, I honestly hope his break will be long. Take that as you will.

One – Your disconnection was accounted for based on RP conditions. Your connection held no ooc involvement and was not fuelled by ooc intent. Instead, your character went out of his way to disobey the order of the Master Sage and all three sages (which included me at the time), when we told your character to not get involved with Glineth and instead focus on assisting us with the situation in Haense. You disobeyed, which left a bad ic impression on all of our characters. You then went as far as to give information to Glineth, through giving an infused weapon that my character made strictly for you, and that in turn goes against the “Do not put the order in danger”, as you were giving out information regarding what it is our order can do. And you don’t sound disappointed, your wording expresses that you’re still mad, especially given you are bringing it up.

But I’m going to basically say – it was me who found out rply you was giving infusions to dark beings, and it was Elvira who told Heial of the situation and agreed to have you disconnected because she firmly had enough of your character disobeying the order and essentially not assisting us on a large matter, then going as far as to give away an item she personally made to you to Glineth of all people. So if you want to oocly blame someone for what happened, feel free to blame it on me for doing exactly what Elvira would do in a situation, but I can state there was no full OOC intent or ooc hatred that led you to being dc’ed. There was a direct RP reason.

Two – You did not bend a tenet, you broke it fully. You gave an infused weapon, and likely more information, to a dark being that we told you countless times to not focus on as we’ve got other dark beings that are the bigger focus. You went against ‘do not endanger the order’, and you flat out disobeyed orders when we needed you most, Jon. We allow bending of rules, only when you explained your case – which you did when you explained why you was going for Glineth, but it was turned down before you carried on and gave Glineth your weapon. Bending the tenets a bit only comes about when you may need to break a tenet in order to actually prevent the soul corruption of another being, or to protect a member of the Ascended, etc, but your scenario is not such scenario.

Three – OOC disconnections will not occur, the disconnector will need solid evidence that suggests a tenet was broken ICly in order to disconnect an Ascended. The Covenants I have wrote out for the edit are reinforced and go more in depth, specifically explaining what the tenet means and what is considered breaking said tenet. There’s also a separate set of Covenants that must be kept but are not punishable by disconnection, but by any other means that do not break the major disconnection covenants.

But I like the idea of them sealing away threats, but they are just not going to look, or feel good being totally different. Don’t change a Magic completely because you can no questions asked- just make a new Magic from the bottom, this does not even need to be exactly Aeriel based let’s be honest, it could literally be that you converted Moonbeams into Magical energy, and not have to place an Aengul sticker on there, now that being said let’s go to Altered Souls and how much Aenguldaemons care.

One: We don't have moon beams. Read the lore fully and check the current spell roster to know what it is we can and cannot do, not just on your own speculations, Jon. Please, for my sake. Read the lore fully and understand what it is the magic actually is. Crystal support magic. Not moon magic.

Say it with me: Crystal support magic. Crystal support magic.

Two: We are not changing our magic completely because we can. We are changing our magic completely because we need to. The current lore has many flaws and is too heavily tied to the other holy magics. Not to mention a majority of both Ascended and other members of the LotC community are beginning to dislike the current magic and want to see something fresh. We were also asked directly by the LT to change our magic, so even if we did want to keep the magic the same, we did need to change it and we all wanted a fresh start. That in itself is something to not be upset about.

Anything with an Altered Soul no matter by what should get affected by any and all Ascended effects, without penalty or slap on the wrist, as anything with an Altered Soul, is going against Aeriel’s own power grabbing that Aenguls and Daemons do, And I am sure if you helped such a being, be it a Soul Tree or an Undead you would get a swift Disconnection, as yet again, they are impure and against Aeriel’s will- people don’t seem to really understand that Ascended should shun all Soul changes at all, not just Dark, and of course Immortality, which is obviously the worst of them all, well except for Soul Corruptions of the Iblessian. Which will stright up send you to the Bad Place no questions asked at all.

Given that the LT has asked that all holy magic should affect everyone now, we’ve decided to avoid singling out on a particular group in terms of how our magic affects them. It allows us to focus on more areas and doesn’t have us going back to “Light VS Dark” rp because we’re still focusing on soul corruption and soul alteration, which is a majority of the dark magics.

Also. Soul Trees are not altered souls. They are soul allocation, which is basically placing a soul somewhere else, and soul trees are exempt as they were bestowed upon by the Aspects so that their own mission and goals can be done. Aeriel has no reason to be against the Aspects, when it is clear the druid and that soul is tethered to them and the fact it is assisting the Aspects in their own goals. It’s only when the soul is directly changed and corrupted is when she tends to step in and gets angry

And to go further – shunning immortality will mean shunning ourselves. Ascended don’t age, they can’t die from old age. Sure, it’s semi-immortality but it is still immortality to an extent. You basically contradicted yourself there. The only ‘immortality’ that is shunned is the ones gained from dark magic, given many require corrupting and damaging your own soul to do so.

Now I like the Idea of the Souls being an adult and such blah blah, but what if it was a traitor or something else? Something that Aeriel would not enjoy one of her Ascended helped, sometimes I once again think should become a punishment, because it would be unjust to help the wicked and wrong, be it Descendant or not.

Now going back a bit in all of this and stuff, why keep it as a Holy Magic if you are not going to be holy heroic champions of your god? Like for stuff like this, I think we need an Aenguldaemonic category outside of Holy because this has gone so far from a Holy Magic as you could, having it effect everyone would not make sense from Aeriel’s standpoint unless she wanted more Souls for the Ebrietæs, the Soul Stream, something I doubt she would do soon at least. Like how the Ascended should be neutral in judgements unless it goes against Aeriel’s likes or her will. 

One: It depends on the situation and really – if an Ascended is seen assisting a traitor of another holy order, an Ascended order, or anything else. Questions will be raised but no immediate action will be taken, unless the situation is severe and goes against the covenants. If its involved with mortal affairs, such as politics, it depends on the situation as the Ascended will be more open in being a part of politics to assist the souls within that nation. For all we know, an Ascended may turn traitor on a nation because they disagree with how they treat others or their views. However, the Ascended must keep to the covenants and therefore cannot inflict death or harm upon another in col blood, or as the attacker when talking about nations. Self defence and being on the defensive are when an Ascended can defend and aid a descendant.

Two: What does define what is holy or not? Do you need to be a champion of your patron in order for your magic to be deemed as holy? Because let me outline what the definition of holy is: “dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose; sacred”. Basically, if you are dedicated or consecrated to a god or a religious purpose, you can be deemed as holy. So that’s pretty much ALL of the Aengudaemonic magic and groups out there.
Druids? Holy because they are devoted to the Aspects, the GODS of Nature.
Clerics? Holy because they are devoted to Tahariae, the GOD of Purity.
Though in LotC terms, only the Ascended, Paladins, and Clerics have been referred to as the ‘Holy Deity Magics’, primarily because of the fact the clerics need to practically worship Tahariae and pray to him to use their magic, the Paladins seek about bringing order and peace to the lands, and the Ascended seek to protect the souls of many. And let me bring up a past point – these three magics all had a strong connection to light, whenever it be the clerics using literal light, the paladins having creeds and oaths that are light/good-based, and the Ascended using holy fire that radiates light.
So you could say the Ascended rewrite is not a holy magic in LotC standards as it no longer follows the use of holy fire or light representations, but it still stands and fits with the real life definition of holy as it is still a group following and aiming to fufil the goals of a higher being.

Now back to the Altered Soul thing, an Ascended should not want to help them, but should not try and attack them, just staying clear of them, unless they are corrupted by anything, then they should be killed, unless they could be released from their Darkness by peaceful means.

That’s already the plan – The Ascended are free to choose on if they want to strike or leave an altered soul alone. Just about all Ascended do try and seek out alternative methods to help out altered souls, whenever it be by talking to them or leaving them be. However, being a group that is “Light VS Dark” and a majority of altered souls are dark beings, people expect you to kill the altered soul on sight and you pretty much just get peer pressured into it unless you want people to screenshot it and run to the LT or another Ascended member, asking for your disconnection. Plus, there’s no way to release a soul from its altered state. We cannot remove curses or reverse the altering because lore holders tend to just refuse it. So we’re stuck in this scenario of “You need to kill!” but we don’t want to. Killing never brings out development.

Also, I enjoy that the Ascended are going for a more neutral approach like they should have been from the start, they serve a cruel Aengul, not some sort of jolly holy god, but whatever, I’ll leave some lore about Aeriel’s Code and such here.

Reveal hidden contents

Her doctrine is a bitter one, scornful of the dark pasts of the mortal worlds, and specifically the evil that had been hosted within it. Her old war with Iblees on the old land of Aegis stands as a prime example; the extensive conflict had warped her impressions of mortal life, and therefore her hatred for embodiments of evil had been applied to the power of the Relative Center, condemning the souls of the dead whom, in life (or unlife) existed either previously or continuously as dark figures or malignant entities before the passing of their soul to the soul stream. Those that are denied the afterlife of the incorporeal realms beyond are condemned, cursed to roam the blasted lands of Ebrietæs as wretched spirits, warped by the angst of Aerial’s rejection and the shadows that clung to their souls and therefore prevented them from passing into the Relative Center.

Take that with what you will, I have tried to make names out of this as much as I could, and I am sorry if you got mentioned and did not want to be. This is just my opinion at best, take it or leave it. 

Clerics serve a cruel Aengul and they hella can’t be neutral. Aeriel can be harsh but she is also a very kind Aengul, given that she was the only Aengul who blessed the four brothers right after Iblees cursed them, and took it on herself to guide the countless souls to their respective afterlives because no other Aengul wanted to. The Aengudaemons should not be exactly like each other in how they act, thus Aeriel is more benevolvent and less strict in comparison to Tahariae, who is strict and rather on a high horse.

12 minutes ago, Farryn said:

-Snip-

I’m sorry for the post, I might not have thought about it right before I posted it... I feel bad about it because it was wrong of me, I am so so sorry, though I was left a little confused about some things.. as I stated it was, in my opinion, the entire thing, and I feel really bad about posting it now... I should not have posted it too be honest... I am so so sorry Farryn, to you and the rest of the people in the guild.

This Lore has been denied. The reasoning will be edited into this comment shortly.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.