[Story] The Realm of Dreams

TheDragonsRoost

Waking in a strange Realm is always shocking, but to Karren Mrysta, he was met with the complex thing in the world.

He woke in a strange field of wheat on an endless plain, stretching from horizon to horizon where Time had little meaning. He was dressed in garb that seemed to be completely white as if it represented his purity of the soul and he felt like these plains had meant a lot to him as if the field of wheat meant the potential he had as a person instead of just a High Elf. With this, he did not understand what has happening until he began to notice someone else in the field of wheat with him.

A man walks up to Karren, seemingly around the same age as Karren, wearing robes of a vibrant astral blue color with a golden trim in his cloak. He also has a black tunic with black pants and he also wears hard leather boots, however it seemed to Karren that this man looked like a High Elf, though not really. Karren wasn't sure who this stranger was, but he did have a familiar feel to him as if somewhere in Karren's mind, he knew him. Perhaps he had read about him from someplace?

"Hello, Karren Myrsta," the stranger said to Karren. "Welcome to the Far Glade."

Karren was speechless, but he would remain speechless for a time as the dream would seemingly take a long time before it would allow him to speak. What seemed like a half-hour of silence, Karren found his voice and spoke up. "Why am I here?"

"Because there are mysteries that need solving, Karren. The Primal Schools of magic aren't to be tested, but however, in my Realm, I can tell you the only thing that your missing." the stranger told Karren. "You're missing Time."

With that, Karren suddenly woken up and the world took a moment to snap into view as he felt like he slept so hard that he slept for two years...

ogAbisw5_400x400.jpeg

He knew his advice would help Karren Mystra discover himself, he really, really knew! The Adoring Fan was ecstatic to hear that his wonderful companion had appeared once again, it was a lonely time. Though, he wishes for him to realise his true potential, his true path to sit upon the Thorned Throne and shatter it.

The Mystra Bloodline was about to be shaken by the revelations discovered in the next few years, and the Adoring Fan, was ever so ready.

Spoiler

Born of Death,

Shaken by Tragedy,

Forged by Phoenix Fire,

Time had begun.

Karren had woken up from his two year slumber and in his disarray, he had found his leather book that he had created long ago to research the magic of Balance and with it, he began to crack down on the mathematical barriers to the Energy Source. While he did so, he had moved out of his house in the High Elf District and moved into the main district of the Dominion of Malin, though Karren had wondered about what that man said about missing Time.

Thus began more and more research with very little sleep and eating...

On 9/30/2018 at 4:53 AM, TheDragonsRoost said:

Waking in a strange Realm is always shocking, but to Karren Mrysta, he was met with the complex thing in the world.

He woke in a strange field of wheat on an endless plain, stretching from horizon to horizon where Time had little meaning. He was dressed in garb that seemed to be completely white as if it represented his purity of the soul and he felt like these plains had meant a lot to him as if the field of wheat meant the potential he had as a person instead of just a High Elf. With this, he did not understand what has happening until he began to notice someone else in the field of wheat with him.

A man walks up to Karren, seemingly around the same age as Karren, wearing robes of a vibrant astral blue color with a golden trim in his cloak. He also has a black tunic with black pants and he also wears hard leather boots, however it seemed to Karren that this man looked like a High Elf, though not really. Karren wasn't sure who this stranger was, but he did have a familiar feel to him as if somewhere in Karren's mind, he knew him. Perhaps he had read about him from someplace?

"Hello, Karren Myrsta," the stranger said to Karren. "Welcome to the Far Glade."

Karren was speechless, but he would remain speechless for a time as the dream would seemingly take a long time before it would allow him to speak. What seemed like a half-hour of silence, Karren found his voice and spoke up. "Why am I here?"

"Because there are mysteries that need solving, Karren. The Primal Schools of magic aren't to be tested, but however, in my Realm, I can tell you the only thing that your missing." the stranger told Karren. "You're missing Time."

With that, Karren suddenly woken up and the world took a moment to snap into view as he felt like he slept so hard that he slept for two years...

(( To improve your writing and make it easier to read you should avoid repeating descriptive lines.

He also has a black tunic with black pants and he also wears hard leather boots

Reading the above, is super grating and really fucks up the flow of your writing. Also try to 'tell' your readers less and 'show' them more. Telling readers what your character is wearing is boring and knowing the colour or material of a character's clothing isn't necessary to further your narrative or develop your character. Try to only briefly describe what a character is wearing or 'show' what they are wearing by how the character or clothing interacts or is affected by the environment. Just my two cents from reading your writing.

2 hours ago, Narthok said:

(( To improve your writing and make it easier to read you should avoid repeating descriptive lines.

He also has a black tunic with black pants and he also wears hard leather boots

Reading the above, is super grating and really fucks up the flow of your writing. Also try to 'tell' your readers less and 'show' them more. Telling readers what your character is wearing is boring and knowing the colour or material of a character's clothing isn't necessary to further your narrative or develop your character. Try to only briefly describe what a character is wearing or 'show' what they are wearing by how the character or clothing interacts or is affected by the environment. Just my two cents from reading your writing.

((I do not mind this critique. I just made that when I was incredibly tired.))