Concerning crafting and the future.

NotEvilAtAll

Recently, there has been a lot more talk about Nexus and whether it should be brought back. According to Sporadic’s thread, Nexus will never be brought back because it would take too long and would result in an endless cycle of removing and restoring the system. However, this does not mean we cannot theorize about possible future systems that could make crafting and resource gathering more interesting than vanilla without all the lag, server issues, and imbalances of Nexus. 

So I decided to make this thread so people could discuss these things and develop ideas for LOTC that look forwards towards the future instead of backwards into the past. Just because Nexus has been removed permanently doesn’t mean we cannot add back the few elements of Nexus that people liked along with newer ideas to create something that works for everyone.

So, what are your suggestions?

I just liked that people got to choose their profession. As long as people can't choose every profession to be theirs, I'm cool with p much any system tbh.

Not necessarily the best place to see it for visibility. I just post here cuz I like to have my blog on archive.

Either way with 1.13 you might see something on this from our coders ?