Sign in to follow this  
Narthok

[✓] [Deific Realm] The Gilded Court

castle_wing_by_raelsatu-d78omf3.jpg

Spoiler

The Gilded Court

The Gilded Court. Greater Realm of Zecharel. Once it shone with the light of a great Aengul, its halls filled to the brim with the righteous servants of Justice itself. Yet now it lies dark. Its master of old gone, absent from his halls. Yet this vast expanse still stands, populated by the myriad servants of Justice. The Gilded Court is a realm fashioned in the shape of an immense flat disc. The Court itself finding itself at the center of this great edifice. Zecharael’s seat is a towering structure of the purest white stone, accented with great bands of white gold. A great Octogonal structure with a massive arched entrance facing east. Allowing light of the realm to enter. A great orb of light so bright its intensity is almost harsh. Under this light all one’s sins, all one’s dark secrets would be bared in the form of a grand shadow. The deeper the sin and darker the secret the further one’s shadow would extend. This orb would hover, eternally perched in the skies of the west. Never allowed the shadow of night to blacken the Gilded Court.

In aeons past souls would arrive through the grand East Gate. At which stood two Dispensa towering warriors of justice guarding the gate. A massive construction who’s height stretched high into the heavens and beyond the clouds of the Court. The gate would be a grand mirror, but rather than revealing one’s appearance. It displays the appearance of one’s soul. The darker the soul the more ugly the apparition reflected back. At the base of the gate would be A small hinged portal, through which mortals could pass. The Gate itself only being opened for the judgement of greater beings or for the departure of the Court’s servants of Justice.

The realm would contain a single wide road, the two outer lanes serving the mortal souls, forming a great file to the Court. Awaiting their judgement. The inner lane being for the servants of the Court and its lord. This inner lane would be paved with a pure white light. While the outer lanes would be paved in a pure white stone, as to clearly display the shadows of those occupying its length. This road would be lined in grand pillars, also crafted of white stone, capped in a dais of gold. Upon which more Despensa would perch, observing those below. The road would find its end at the threshold to the Court proper.

The Interior of the Court proper would consist of a long carpeted hallway, bordered with pillars stretching up to the vaulted ceilings of the court. At the end of this hallway would rest the seat of Zecharael. A simple wooden chair, regal and well crafted yet beautifully simple. A beautiful chair, but a simple wooden one nonetheless. On the right a pool of fire. On the left a pool of water. Each of these being offered as an option to mortals to allow them to wash away their sins before judgement. For those foolish enough to take up the offer they would be immediately incinerated upon stepping into each pool. For the Lord of Justice is not fond of the mortals, nor of those heavenly beings who would excessively fraternize with them. No mortal can be washed of their sin, merely judged.

Sanzio_01_Plato_Aristotle-e1357229939398

Surrounding the court would be rolling hills covered in soft grasses, patched with the occasional wooded glen. For true Justice, was a thing of nature. An innateness known by all creatures high and low. That which seeps into the soul and makes itself known to the highest lord and the lowest serf. Even the beasts in their own way knew justice. To be as they are. To do as they were meant to do. So to was the Lord of Justice and his creatures. Beings of nature, of natural forces. And so when the mood took them they would roam the peaceful hills speaking of the nature of Justice itself. At the outermost edges of the disc would be a sea of sorts, with water gently lapping against the shores of the peaceful realm. Whilst at the very edge of the disc the water would spill out, falling into the abyss below. 

81caee3d-07f1-45d7-acf0-ee8154308a1a_g_5

As the realm stands now it is a barren place. The light orb growing increasingly dim as it wants for the care and maintenance  of its maker. The grand ways of old now empty, no longer full of bustling mortal souls clamouring for judgement. The fields and glens are now quiet, devoid of the bird song and light of days past. They are deathly quiet. Disturbed merely by the occasional maddened cries of the Imperim and the Dispensa or by the infrequent gusts of wind the slightly sway the grasses and leaves. The Court proper itself lies in shadow, an air of smoldering rage and depression cloaking the entire structure. The Dispensa have long abandoned their posts and now merely wander the structure, muttering to themselves. While the Imperim Malleus seats himself on the seat of Zecharael himself. Spending his eternity brooding over the past, occasionally falling into fits of wrath. Flinging the Gavel of Justice about in his fits of rage as he would rend his inferiors and the very structure of the court. Thus the great structure is covered in the results of his tender ministrations. Finally, the great Eastgate remains ajar. Never sealed as it forevermore awaits the return of its lord.

OOC: I really like the Character of Malleus and Zecharael and really wanted to develop their narratives a bit more. The concepts of Justice, Vengeance and Madness being a bit cliched but interesting to work with nonetheless. When developing Malleus after having done some research on Zecharael I really liked the idea of a loyal servant brooding in the empty hall of his master as he descended into madness. The original lore mentioned the court of Zecharael, namely the Gilded Court but did not really expand on the aesthetics proper.  So I wanted to write a lore submission to fill this gap and fill out the character and narrative of Zecharael and his followers to some degree as I feel that he is probably one of the most interesting Aenguls. The original lore for Zecharael hinted at an arrogant creature with extremely strong convictions and I tried to convey that in portraying the Aesthetics of the Gilded Realm. His disdain for mortals as he prefers to deal with larger prey. The glorious romanesque architecture of marble with gold. And from that the transition into a dark and still place reminiscent of the Fall of Rome. A place eternally on the cusp of decay.  As for the Imperim and Dispensa, I will be expanding on their roles in the court in a subsequent post. But as it stands it merely refers to the hierarchy of Zecharael's servants.

This is pretty neat, but I'm not sure if it complies with current Tahariae and Clerical lore. Tahariae being the current Aengul of Justice, taking Zech's job after his demise.

3 minutes ago, Elrith said:

This is pretty neat, but I'm not sure if it complies with current Tahariae and Clerical lore. Tahariae being the current Aengul of Justice, taking Zech's job after his demise.

The lore is about Zech's decaying realm my guy.

Reminder that Tahariae only took the concept of Justice as his mantle when Zecharel died, not the realm. Tah still rules in his personal realm of Purity. This lore is not clerical. Overall I enjoyed reading this, though! +1 from me.

I think the Aenguldaemons need to be elaborated on and embellished, so this seems like a very good addition. Reminds me of a concept played with in Guild Wars 2, where the different realms of the vanished Human Gods have slowly decayed over time without their specific patron in residence.

+1

I like the lore, but I feel you can format it better and cite your images.

More of this please. I enjoy lore depictions of our canon deities.

2 hours ago, heathenshammer said:

I like the lore, but I feel you can format it better and cite your images.

Shut up nerd, if you don't buy my bread then I will.... oh wait, nvm I can't do anything cause you are a banned player

+1 to the first step of Norlandic magic.

Thank you for submitting your piece, it will be put under review in the second wave (the loremag after the current one).

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

Edit: Due to the fact that Thanksgiving break was occurring for many, which resulted in hiatuses, the verdict for this lore should be expected to be given on the 5th or 6th of December).

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.