Tofuus

Rollbacks and More Rollbacks

I suppose you're not a true staff member if you haven't managed to run some sort of command to screw the entire server.

So earlier today I replaced 2 Minecraft region files with ones from the start of the map. This was done with the intention of rolling back a city. Unfortunately, I forgot that region files actually encompass a 1k by 1k block range instead of the 64x64 block range I thought they did. Upon realizing my mistake I issued a force save command to try and get Minecraft to overwrite the changes I made. However, the save didn't go through and a 2k by 2k area was rolled back to the beginning of the map.

On the next restart, there was a barrage of people modreqing about their cities being gone. Realizing my mistake, I contacted Tythus and asked for our most recent backup of the map. It was then we discovered that backups had actually been silently failing for the past month because of a configuration error on my part. Thus we were forced to use a backup from September 19th.

What does this mean for all of you? Those of you who've lost RP items please post screenshots or any other assorted proof to help us refund your items. Those of you who have lost builds, I'm talking with Flamboyant and Fireheart about maybe some LC or some other build support to try and restore builds.

If you have any schematics of your lost cities, please post them in this thread or pm them to me at Tofuus#8332.

I apologize for any disruptions or inconveniences this causes. I'll be working on fixing builds and refunding you guys for the next couple of days.

As if people screenshot their chest contents what the ****. And what of the various freebuild cities that were destroyed as a result? Will they be refunded with lc? What about the progress made to the capital, do we get lc to fix this? What about the new players who are going to quit over this?

Everyone messes up, it obviously wasn't intentional. Don't lose any sleep over it, but do your best to fix it 🙂

ET approved items:

1 set of dragonbones, 2 wyvern fangs, spider silk, chimera claws, troll hide, giant hide, cockatrice scale armor, wyvernbone armor, wyvern blood, an aged sword, an ET approved cutlass

LT, striga ashes, bear cloak

A cutlass capable of shooting wind, some LT approved lamp that burns for ever with yeu flame

GM approved

Some jewelry items

Other: 

Shields with my banner on them, stacks of arrows and armor, around a stack of iron, 24 gold, 5 diamonds, a lot of logs. My entire decoration

Do I have screenshots of these? No, I don't, I'm afraid, as I don't screenshot all my items. 

Refund everything or step down.

5 minutes ago, ImperialTortoise said:

As if people screenshot their chest contents what the ****. And what of the various freebuild cities that were destroyed as a result? Will they be refunded with lc? What about the progress made to the capital, do we get lc to fix this? What about the new players who are going to quit over this?

I'm willing to refund some stuff based on good faith. As long as no one says "i had a double chest of diamond blocks" I'll probably believe you. Not sure what cities are actually affected since I don't really know any of the cities >.>

LC isn't certain. I was thinking some fly and instant break

I can't really do anything about progress to the capital

5 minutes ago, Youngie5500 said:

Everyone messes up, it obviously wasn't intentional. Don't lose any sleep over it, but do your best to fix it 🙂

A little late for that 😛

4 minutes ago, Blago said:

How am I meant to refund the gallery of chests in the Daeland storages when I have no pictures? I didn't assume that some Dev would gas a whole entire tile and region of everything where I'd need to screenshot a million inventories of chests.

See above ^^

4 minutes ago, Wurfv said:

Refund everything or step down.

oof. Maybe I should

Are the untouched cities doing to be rolled back as well ?

all good @Tofuus. I don't care about pixels anyway.

On faith? Man.. We lost our Nations vault.. I know what we had if you are willing to refund it. Also most of the city is in a former state and not fully finished. Since we moved all our items from the old city to the new one the 29th. If you copy paste the old city in ET world I can show you our chests.

Edited by Sultan

Not gonna spew hate or anything because **** happens but very few people take screenshots of their relics/storage and ****. I hope precautions are taken before rollbacks in the future to avoid this clusterfuck because one of the most active settlements + a significant number of freebuilds lost a lot of accumulated pixel wealth :*(

5 minutes ago, Treaty said:

Are the untouched cities doing to be rolled back as well ?

Anything that hasn't been touched shouldn't change

3 minutes ago, Knox said:

all good @Tofuus. I don't care about pixels anyway.

Gay

3 minutes ago, Sultan said:

On faith? Man.. We lost our Nations vault.. I know what we had if you are willing to refund it. Also most of the city is in a former state and not fully finished. Since we moved all our items from the old city to the new one the 29th. If you copy paste the old city in ET world I can show you our chests.

I can certainly pull up an old copy of your city. I'll do it in the morning and see if I can find your vault.

Ima be honest here. . Wouldn’t it be better to just help out the effected areas than rolling back the entire server? The current way it’s resolved me that most players have lost items, mina and even builds. Where just helping the area effected by this would cause a smaller part of the playerbase to suffer from the mistake.

2 minutes ago, MCVDK said:

Ima be honest here. . Wouldn’t it be better to just help out the effected areas than rolling back the entire server? The current way it’s resolved me that most players have lost items, mina and even builds. Where just helping the area effected by this would cause a smaller part of the playerbase to suffer from the mistake.

There wasn't a rollback of the entire server. Only regions that I had edited