[✗] [Rewrite] The Clerics of Tahariae

Nekkore

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Idiot translator:

Ya Looks good, Nice work

Sorry but i find it really hard to read, the organization and formatting is pretty bad...

However i will try to read it again once i get more time and give some feedback.

8 minutes ago, Suxals said:

Sorry but i find it really hard to read, the organization and formatting is pretty bad...

However i will try to read it again once i get more time and give some feedback.

It got a little messed up from when it was copied over

While I'm glad you managed the rewrite, other than a few changes and rewording the magic remains almost if not basically the same as it was. Yes, the disconnection issue was fixed though I still find that it remains empty from what I was aware of was the point of rewriting the magic. That was to give it uniqueness and identity that separated it from the other holy magic, and while I understand that it is the religion that keeps it such the magic seems to do what the others already accomplish. War clericalism seems hashed down and shell of what it could be, still leaning on what the Ascended coined with Aengulic fire, and borrowing from Xan's arsenal of manifesting weapons. I know this is due to the fact of healing also being the main viable option but the fix of that would be just splitting the sub-types giving way to a more in-depth character development. As well I am still confused as to the remaining sub-type of the "rituals and Collectives" which seems to be a watered down version of Divine warden which makes what should be a magic that seeks things out stagnant in certain terms though I am glad not to the extent of its inspiration. Though I have more so disconnected myself from the cleric player base and just ranting on lore that I had quite enjoyed and the possibilities it could of held, good job on getting it finished and I wish ya'll luck with it.

Edited by Lynx

I'm not going to lie. I have to agree with @Lynx on this one. This rewrite looked good before the lore chat was made and more demands were given, but compared to the other rewrites this is lackluster. If suggested ideas like the mission statement and the slew of noncombative spells suggested were added I would be more happy with this rewrite.

28 minutes ago, Lynx said:

While I'm glad you managed the rewrite, other than a few changes and rewording the magic remains almost if not basically the same as it was. Yes, the disconnection issue was fixed though I still find that it remains empty from what I was aware of was the point of rewriting the magic. That was to give it uniqueness and identity that separated it from the other holy magic, and while I understand that it is the religion that keeps it such the magic seems to do what the others already accomplish. War clericalism seems hashed down and shell of what it could be, still leaning on what the Ascended coined with Aengulic fire, and borrowing from Xan's arsenal of manifesting weapons. I know this is due to the fact of healing also being the main viable option but the fix of that would be just splitting the sub-types giving way to a more in-depth character development. As well I am still confused as to the remaining sub-type of the "rituals and Collectives" which seems to be a watered down version of Divine warden which makes what should be a magic that seeks things out stagnant in certain terms though I am glad not to the extent of its inspiration. Though I have more so disconnected myself from the cleric player base and just ranting on lore that I had quite enjoyed and the possibilities it could of held, good job on getting it finished and I wish ya'll luck with it.

We tried to give it a uniqueness, but the clerics at large voted last-minute to abandon months of effort in the hopes of an ultra-conservative rewrite keeping us from the shelf.

5 minutes ago, The Templar said:

We tried to give it a uniqueness, but the clerics at large voted last-minute to abandon months of effort in the hopes of an ultra-conservative rewrite keeping us from the shelf.

"Months of effort" worth probably a week of actual work. Writing was eh, execution was eh. This rewrite isn't perfect, but maybe we can have more time to actually think about how to tweak things if we actually remain clerics

1 minute ago, The Templar said:

That is quite sad, being as ultra-conservative will be the thing that lands it in the shelf if anything. Sadly, if the magic remains the same and close to the other holy magic in nature and use what is the point of having separate magics for each diety and not one blanket magic with different patrons such as D&D which from what I am aware each rewrite was made to avoid such a thing happening though I could be wrong. You can make a magic unique and to the point without being overpowered or convoluted, especially with lore available to work with already. It might not be the popular thing to do, but you can't include everyone's voice and opinion if you want to achieve such, you can only do your best to try and work what they want in and what would be practical and good for the lore.

2 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

"Months of effort" worth probably a week of actual work. Writing was eh, execution was eh. This rewrite isn't perfect, but maybe we can have more time to actually think about how to tweak things if we actually remain clerics

Only five or six people actually participated in the rewrite, Fury. Only three of them were participating from the start. You yourself were not one of them. 

15 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

Buddy, I was literally suggesting things and pumping out docs the moment our discord was created. I do also hope the LT accept this so we can later inject actual flavor and uniqueness to the clerics without dying off first. 

Edited by Snelfma

You mad kids actually done it.

This grandma is proud and can finally rest easily!

I can do nothing but agree with @Lynx, and if what @The Templar says is true then i find it really sad, especially having in mind that you took 9 extra days to post it.

From my point of view i see the lore being bloated with too many different spells and not really moving away too much from the older lore, also the points of abilities and how much the abilities last being measured as minutes just make it messy.

The way in which is written leaves a lot of things unclear and hard to understand to no-clerics and leaves room for mistakes and possible abuse.

Also... can no-clerics uses the damage type blessings?

7 minutes ago, Suxals said:

I can do nothing but agree with @Lynx, and if what @The Templar says is true then i find it really sad, especially having in mind that you took 9 extra days to post it.

From my point of view i see the lore being bloated with too many different spells and not really moving away too much from the older lore, also the points of abilities and how much the abilities last being measured as minutes just make it messy.

The way in which is written leaves a lot of things unclear and hard to understand to no-clerics and leaves room for mistakes and possible abuse.

Also... can no-clerics uses the damage type blessings?

To be straight honest, we're just trying to get passed. Making special **** to our liking comes after. What Astartes was talking about is another rewrite that, if you message me on discord at Will/Fury#3108, I will be more than glad to show you. What happened with that is simply bad writing and poorly executed ideas. I'm sure you'll agree if you see it; only two Clerics out of every single one present wouldve wanted that one posted, one of which was Astartes himself.

As for moving away; War Clericalism and Priest Healing effects everyone equally(This was written before the LT did their thing a while back), Priest Healing is no longer an instant cop-out for wounds, Blessings aren't simply overpowered(In current lore, 1 T5 Blessing doubles what a Cleric can accomplish. Essentially it's a mana battery with 100% effeciency), wards were just removed in general, and a few odd lore pieces that just weren't used were merged in. If you want to bring up specifics, it's easier if you PM'd me what spells would be abuseable simply because of non-clerics not knowing our lingo.

Emote-count is messier in terms of time, as emote-counts change. Minutes may be hard to take note of, but it's certainly better than the alternative.

Er... I guess, but no Cleric in their right mind would ever give out any blessing, period. Not unless to a close friend for a good reason.

We also intend on remaining roughly similar. Otherwise we'd not be clerics. Why make an entirely different lore piece when you can literally just wipe out the specific problems with such. We purposefully chose not to include flavor text and history in here, because it has nothing to do with the magic itself; but I assure you it exists and is on the forums in lore.

Edited by Fury_Fire

14 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

To be straight honest, we're just trying to get passed. Making special **** to our liking comes after. What Astartes was talking about is another rewrite that, if you message me on discord at Will/Fury#3108, I will be more than glad to show you. What happened with that is simply bad writing and poorly executed ideas. I'm sure you'll agree if you see it; only two Clerics out of every single one present wouldve wanted that one posted, one of which was Astartes himself.

Dude, Astartes and I wanted flavor. I agree that the ideas prior to this needed way more work to get them to fit and I think the lack of straight "yes's" and "no's" from a figure of authority really kept any ideas suggesting by anyone from coming to fruition, so please stop making it sound like someone made a super shitty rewrite that only served a particular group of people because that is not at all what happened. I like your rewrite, I'm fine with your rewrite, but I still find it LACKING and it seems other people are noticing. If the mission statement that Nekk wrote is added in, the one detailing on the Cleric's raison d'etre, and you remove the paladin spells and give FOR a new aesthetic then I think this rewrite would be PERFECT.

Edited by Snelfma

Don't see too much change but I like it.