Fjarriagua: The Witches of Winter - Self Denied

13 minutes ago, xxx said:

It seems sane that if you're killed while performing a life-threatening ritual you would remain dead.Β The same can be said about instigating a duel and dying in it.Β 

Β 

That being said, it's ridiculous that you think you should get lore accepted to "ensure a sense of consequence for betraying" you.Β 

To finalize on the idea of the duels and force PKing I plan to add an extension where I clarify the rules and requirements for a duel to be considered "valid".

Β 

I'm also totally cool with changes certain pieces of all the PK clauses if they become a large enough concern!

Based on how clique-operated this already seems to shape up as, that's gonna be a hard, hard pass.

Correct if wrong though, please.

I guess I have the unpopular opinion that frost witches should be on the list of 'to-be-shelved' magics / magical creatures.

Just wanted to say a big well done to the people who wrote this, it must have taken ages. ❀️ 

I think overall this is a better option than what was on the table before. I have several issues that we can address in pms if you’d like my input but overall I think the lore is solid. The up in the air nature of the current lore as led most witches to grow inactive (myself included) and I think this will bring people back to their characters. I don’t have a problem with the force PKs because since there is currently no consequences for death, it is a way for groups like frosties to selfΒ police. If you’ve complained about slice of life ice gf rp in the past this is a good way for witches to have the power to prevent other players from making that the culture around the lore.

Edited by Laur

Well written, I hope to see the implementation.Β 

EDITS WERE MADE!

Β 

Removed the crystal that saves men from consumption, kinda counters everything I was trying to change with this lore.

Changed Hoodoo to Ved'ma!

Removed the need to show proof of consumption. No other community needs to do this.

Β 

The actual forum post is being weird to edit so all changes can be found on the actual DOC that is provided in the first spoiler!

Β 

With help by
rosediode! ❀️

-1 from ME and the LT. Such a shame they can't even read it.Β 

image.png.92959d565650f2448df8bb5b58107cca.png

Edited by Devdog
typos whoopsies

14 minutes ago, Devdog said:

-1 from ME and the LT. Such a shame they can't even read it.Β 

image.png.92959d565650f2448df8bb5b58107cca.png

https://gyazo.com/8d4aa5344afb19d03331217b19aa0c91

she doesn't respond. weird that she did in the frostie discord. glad i could bring joy regardless of the way it was done.

Β 

Joking matter aside, it's hard to get in contact with someone regarding a rewrite when they haven't been online in almost a month and don't respond to discord messages. If I'm in the wrong for writing this piece because of the large backlash the otherΒ received from its own community then, by all means,Β I will gladly remove mine.

Β 

However, I figured something new should be submitted as the other one has only been updated to the new requests as of today and it's been a whopping 5 months. Not sure what suddenly got the changes to be put into action, but I don't care. I simply wished for the lore to remain on the server and move in a positive direction that would help us and our relationship with the community.

Β 

That is my official statement on the matter, as this is a LORE SUBMISSION, not a YotubeΒ drama channel. Her actions and words speak for her intent with the lore, that's all I'll say.

Β 

a specific someone has beat it into me not to touch frost witches or their lore with a 10 foot pole. I think you put in a lot of good work though; nice name drops too.

On 10/9/2018 at 12:01 AM, Sky said:

I guess I have the unpopular opinion that frost witches should be on the list of 'to-be-shelved' magics / magical creatures.

Reminds me of Wood Elves.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:16 PM, Vindicant said:

I enjoy the lore, my only concern is (and you have brought it up) is the alarming amount of 'force pks'. That's something that treads some real deep water and can bring up some real issues. I know Frost Witches have had some issues in the past with splintering covens and whatnot, but straight PKing sounds a bit harsh. Not that I've ever played a frost witch or plan to, it just seems a bit extreme. Otherwise, the lore seems pretty solid and I like that you're allowing it to shift into a more freeform standard and even allowing witches to make speciality spells with MArts, being able to step outside of established boundry and experiment is important for allowing ideas and spells to flourish AND with lore approval at that.

Β 

this is cuz u never pk and refuse to progress story

Β 

EDITS WERE MADE!

Β 

Β 

A mother or witch can now surrender during a duel for motherhood to avoid a forced perma-kill. Any death inflicted for the rest of the fight between the said witches will not enforce a PK. If a mother surrenders she will still lose the duel and no longer be able to curse and ascend into the mother slot.

Β 

With help by

Trinn! Thanks sis!

So much work, dedication, and effort has been put into this rewrite! I love that this gives a fair advantage to players who want to actively invest in the Frost Witch culture. As aforementioned, I love it and I think the change would be a fun experience. It also gives the Lore Team something new to branch off of and material to work with. Possibly even give the Event Team more inspiration as well! Even if it’s shot down, it was a pleasant read, to say the least,Β @Luv .Β