Youngie5500

LoTC Imprisonment System Proposal [POLL]

Do you want a more extensive and punitive imprisonment system on LoTC?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a more extensive and punitive imprisonment system on LoTC?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not this severe

While courts can be good fun they can also slow down things and make it difficult to deal with crimes in a timely manner when they are fresh in people's minds, for example do you hold them pending trial? arrange to meet when all parties have the time? 

A simple way to avoid unfair imprisonment would be to require a forum post under specific faction section where the law applies and or was broken to explain the prison time. 

That way if a post is not made, or the reason does not match the law – the prisoner can appeal the prison time via staff or support and be freed, use an infraction system or warn those that improperly imprison players with a severe warning, and I’m positive you will not see people falsely imprison people if they run the risk of a ban. Simply be harsh about it, if the law is not officially posted in the correct way, so that players can be aware of them. OR the imprisonment does not have a notice posted in the correct format or location then they are freed from jail and the jailing party is punished harshly. 

Edited by swaith
Spelling correction

9 hours ago, Arhbi said:

This proposed system for prison roleplay is flawed for multiple reasons.

1. Despite your inspection of how much roleplay there will be a majority of roleplay scenarios will end up with the prisoner only being roleplayed with once per 15 minutes, purely to evoke annoyance from the victim.
  2. More likely than not people will just jump onto an alt account to avoid having to deal with ****-tier roleplay for a period of up to 4 days.
    1. A period of 4 days feels more like an OOC punishment more than it does an IC punishment. 
  3. You claim that it will discourage pointless villainy roleplay but I can guarantee you the offenders will just jump onto an alternate character and continue harassing people.

If you really want to ”shake off the impression that LoTC is a consequence-free slice-of-life server” maybe the team should get rid of this god awful monk system which contributes to awful and meme tier roleplay, or at least make an amendment so that repeat offenders surrender permanent kill perms to their victims. 

Agreed. Last map I literally spent s whole day in a Santegian cell. I couldn't even go to my own bloody warclaim.

I have a small inquiry. With OOC consent, could a character be held longer than said time. Being held in prison for an irl week if the rp is good would be fun in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Pogmeister said:

I have a small inquiry. With OOC consent, could a character be held longer than said time. Being held in prison for an irl week if the rp is good would be fun in my opinion.

I’m not a GM but I am the original person who proposed the idea and I would emphatically hope so. The goal is to encourage good RP on both sides of the conflict and if that succeeds and both sides have an interest in continuing then I wouldn’t imagine GMs would tell them otherwise. The time limits stated should act as the minimum mandatory stay lengths, not a flat amount.

The idea of jail RP seems fun, cause executing people for every crime cause nation RP can’t be bothered to deal with **** tier villain RP gets old. Maybe do a super prion sanctioned by all nations, where each nation can bring it’s criminals and provide guards. That way there are guaranteed guards and prisoners around to RP with due to sheer number of forced interaction via nations.

That’s my only solution to ensuring RP. Times seem fine.

2 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

I’m not a GM but I am the original person who proposed the idea and I would emphatically hope so. The goal is to encourage good RP on both sides of the conflict and if that succeeds and both sides have an interest in continuing then I wouldn’t imagine GMs would tell them otherwise. The time limits stated should act as the minimum mandatory stay lengths, not a flat amount.

You can spend your whole character’s life in a cell if you wish to. Even as the rules are now. So correct. 😁

No.

As a player from Europe, I often spend time on less active times of the day. I commonly find myself gathering resources, exploring, building or writing posts during this time. I have had experiences with Orc enslavement, where I would extremely rarely have any interactions at all. This system would perhaps work for majority, playing on times with more online players, but it doesn't for everyone.

There will never be a system that works for everyone unless you do a centralised system for all nations as myself and Dromui suggested, if we can establish a system that works for the majority it would still be better than a system that allows chaos to roam free so long as it has an alt. 

I think that it would be interesting, I think it would be hard for a consistent amount of guards and prisoners on and in the prisons. I have thought about this aswell for the past couple maps but figured that it would be wishing for too much. 

Lotc has gone from RP server to PVP Factions server to Prison RP server!

My Opinion: No, not needed!

One of the bigger things making me worry about commiting hard here, is that I have been informed its pretty much free running in regards to punishment, free resurrection, lenient prison times and from what I understand no real RP penalty for doing bad things bar maybe being ostracised 

Image result for prison architect

As man who has suffered through  execution rp, prison rp, court rp, lemme just quickly shoot out why I have issues with this idea. If you take a quick look at any nations laws prison doesn't even make an impact on lotc as its nearly absent on the lotc national scale. The idea that you plan to now take something that a minor part of villainy rp on lotc of current and hyper burden it with staff, well just look at the mess raids get in when gms are now basically called on the majorory of raids and then tell me why rp banditry hasn't increased in quality? If you like prison rp it's not hard to find honestly and if you don't I don't understand why we want to make a way to oocly punish a player, just send them to the monks and if it's a group see them in 5 days if it's a player see them in 30.