HedgeHug

[Shamanism] Disconnection

Spoiler

Frustrated by the amount of time it is taking for the shamanic rewrites to hit the forums, I will now post my contributons of Lutaumancy, Spirit Smithing and Disconnection.

Spiritual Excommunicate : Ru’Gorosh

The hall of Righteousness

8dfc8e8c6664542932610dacc1c203fb.png

Kralos, Lesser Immortal Spirit of Judgement

The following story speaks of the Spirit Kralos and the events that unfold into the restoration of Ru’Gorosh : The Hall of Righteousness.

In ancient times after Aenguls and Daemons began to influence the material world with their powers, there were those called Spirits. These entities, creations of the Daemon Apohet, were brought into existence to rival Descendant life. For Apohet had grown envious of the Creator and many of His Aenguls. It is for this crime - the wish for the destruction of all descendant life so that his creations could take the mortal realm for their own - that He was punished and encaged by the Archaengul Aeriel.

During this great conflict, the Spirits numbered fewer than they are now. The very essence of their being was but scarce, their forms weak and imperfect.

One of these Spirits was Kralos the Just - a strong and vigilant creature representing Justice in the small realm of the Immortals. It was he who ruled in the celestial court: The Ru’Gorosh, The Hall of Righteousness.

Then came the fall of Apohet, and with it the age of prosper for the Spiritual kind - as their essence now flowed endlessly in their respective three realms. For with Apohet encaged in his realm of solitude: The Jewel of Elements, there was none restricting their growth in power and numbers. Soon a new generation of Spirits came to exist, a distinction made between those Greater and those Lesser.

Ixli, a young and ambitious Spirit that had already shown great powers by overthrowing the ancient Spirits of Forbidden Knowledge and Truth, showed interest to take the title of Judge for himself also. It was his final battle, landing him in the seat as the Greater Spirit of Forbidden Knowledge, Truth and Judgement.

Kralos, defeated and now subjugated beneath Ixli’s Greater status, kept his calm. For hundreds of years nothing would come from him in protest of his loss. And as punishment for his disobedience - was put to rest in Zagaafum’Morgund, The Blackrock Tomb. Here Ixli stored the foulest of truths and blackest knowledge. Hidden, secret only for Ixli to view.

The Hall of Righteousness fell into decay under Ixli’s corruptive hold, the sockets of Kralos’ eyes empty - his sight stolen for the duration of his stay down in the Tomb.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

After millenia had passed, Ixli once more wandered through the dark and seemingly endless halls of The Blackrock Tomb, stumbling upon Kralos - in stasis with his empty eyes wide open. With a chuckle, the Spirit of the Forbidden Truth and Judgement stared down at his old foe.

~ Mir golmlat oshadhûr’bûth, Kralos ~

I offer you another chance, Kralos.

For none should live a life in a cage. None, not even Apohet.

The fate of the Daemon Apohet, the very creator of Spirit-kind, not known to any. The knowledge was forbidden - yet it was truth. Only Ixli knew this, keen on keeping it for himself.

The stasis upon Kralos’ body was lifted - the ancient Spirit raised from the depths of Zagaafum’Morgund with his vision returned. Two black orbs now filling the empty sockets with a cold gaze.

And with the return of the Spirit of Judgement, came the restoration of Ru’Gorosh. This court, however, shalleth not be used to Judge the Spirits. For that was only to Ixli himself. Instead Kralos was to focus on the Descendants - more specifically: those that dare call themselves in favor of the Spirits, and their servants.

Kralos’ Justice

And so he wields the hammer of the Spiritual court: Kralos the Just. And when he first beateth the steel upon the stone table, the Descendant servants of the Greater and Lesser Celestial bodies known as Spirits will shiver and fear. For they now sense his presence. The dark and empty gaze set onto them to watch their moves and judge their actions.

Kralos watches over you. To judge your actions.

Those that are faithful and loyal to the Spirits can rest, but revere His Justice.

Those that are unfaithful and treacherous towards the Spirits and Their servants - yet dare claim to wield Their power shall fear, and face His Justice.

Fear His Justice, and fear his Mark. For when faced in Kralos’ Court and found guilty of heresy ..

found guilty of abusing the Spirits might by trapping them- (Dark Shamanism)

found guilty of breaking oaths to the Spirits-

found guilty of breaking pacts to the Spirits-

found guilty of acting highly immoral against a Spirit a shaman claims to represent or is pacted/oathed with-

shall receive the Mark of Kralos : Furmum, The Mark of Lies.

The poor souls whose will is of evil nature and their goals to abuse the power they were given will be faced with a multitude of visions - warnings from Kralos to alter their behaviour or be forced to Justice by his own hand.

Furmum: The Mark of Lies

Any and all Shamans found guilty of abusing their powers will be excommunicated from Spiritual communion. They may contest Kralos’ verdict and face Him in a fight for their honor. However, only a fool would be so ignorant to fight a Spirit in his own Realm - let along His Court.

Upon receiving the Mark of Lies, the Soul of the Shaman will be fractured. Fractured, but remain whole. Any further bonds between the soul and Deific power will be their last.

They will be incapable of calling upon Spirits. They will be incapable of accessing any Spiritual Plane. They will lose their Shamanism, but survive.

After time the excommunicated shaman can, through the help of a willing shaman - try to appeal for their mark. This could lead to it being removed. Could.

Red Lines

Upon acceptance of the lore, any shaman will be met with either a vision or general feel of Kralos’ reign of the Ru’Gorosh.

Shamans can report abuse of power or unfaithfulness to Kralos (represented by a member of shaman lore staff).

If the report is truthful, the reported shall be met with Judgement. This encourages involved shamans to act against heresy.

If the report is untruthful(and the accuser knows this), the reporter will be punished. This discourages backstabbery over personal conflicts.

If the report is untruthful(unbeknownst to the accuser), the reporter will not receive punishment.

Before facing Judgement, a shaman may be approached a total of 3 times to serve as a warning and potential points to alter their acts or behaviour in order to fall in line.

Shamans that face Judgement will enter a forced event during which he faces before Kralos in his court. Other shamans may be present during this event but cannot interfere. [entering = PK clause, refusing to comply or come online for this will result in a verdict in their absence. Risking being marked without being able to defend yourself.]

If found guilty, they may choose to receive the mark (loose the magic) or contest the claim. The former means permanent disconnection from Shamanism. The latter results in a rather epic fight against Kralos himself - leading to a perma death as fighting a Spirit in their own domain is literal suicide.

The aim for this lore is to install a mechanism that will enable disconnection for shamans, but keep this out of player hands so the rule is absolute and follows the core lore. The OOC authority is a combined decision from LT, MT & Shaman Loreholders - so we are deffinately sure that lore is kept in check.

A well written piece of lore back-story, and an appreciation for reimbursing the clauses which the reason for having a fractured soul, a good punishment and good finishing story for a character.

Should add another clause that says if a shaman becomes a whitewash and act un-orcish or lives away from the orcs on propose among other races he gets removed. 

I appreciate the self-regulatory nature of this lore, but I have hard, hard reservations about forceful disconnection. That said, because this lore passes through the hands of the Lore Team, I appreciate that it may not be subject to the same bias that other disconnection rituals face. All in all, it could work, but I would want to see it removed if it turned abusive.

1 minute ago, Sultan said:

Should add another clause that says if a shaman becomes a whitewash and act un-orcish or lives away from the orcs on propose among other races he gets removed. 

This is exactly the opposite of what I’d want to see. Forcing someone to participate a particular way is bad. There are so many ‘non-whitewash orcs’ who don’t, in any way, make a place for spirits other than Leyd in their lives. I fail to see how they would be better Shamans than Orcs who go against the grain of the Uzg, but still worship the Spirits well.

If this gets accepted be very proactive and careful to not slip up and go down the same path of fuckups the druids did.

4 minutes ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

I appreciate the self-regulatory nature of this lore, but I have hard, hard reservations about forceful disconnection. That said, because this lore passes through the hands of the Lore Team, I appreciate that it may not be subject to the same bias that other disconnection rituals face. All in all, it could work, but I would want to see it removed if it turned abusive.

This is exactly the opposite of what I’d want to see. Forcing someone to participate a particular way is bad. There are so many ‘non-whitewash orcs’ who don’t, in any way, make a place for spirits other than Leyd in their lives. I fail to see how they would be better Shamans than Orcs who go against the grain of the Uzg, but still worship the Spirits well.

Are you speaking of the Raguks? Because you’d be wrong as hell. Either way you’re wrong as hell. Orks worship all manner of spirits, there are patron spirits however who are worshipped more because they guide that clan. And most whitewash shamans do not do that. What they do, is they hang out in another city and give non Orcs shamanism when they don’t worship them. You’d be surprised how many people have said they want to be shamans on their elves but still **** talk spirits irp

7 minutes ago, Sultan said:

This

1 minute ago, Slothtastic said:

Are you speaking of the Raguks? Because you’d be wrong as hell. Either way you’re wrong as hell. Orks worship all manner of spirits, there are patron spirits however who are worshipped more because they guide that clan. And most whitewash shamans do not do that. What they do, is they hang out in another city and give non Orcs shamanism when they don’t worship them. You’d be surprised how many people have said they want to be shamans on their elves but still **** talk spirits irp

No, just talking about Orcs here and there who live in the Uzg, and I’m not defending or surprised about Orcs that don’t worship the spirits, or Elf shamans that don’t live by the spirits either. I just don’t think a simple brand of “Oh, you’re a white-wash!” or “Oh, you’re an Elf!” should ever be enough to disconnect someone from their magic. You need to be powergaming, or actively going against the wishes of a Spirit you’re connected to. Like Sky said, when disconnection was made a tool of the Druids, people who hadn’t fucked up at all were forcibly disconnected and unable to get back what they had unfairly lost. 

34 minutes ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

What does that have anything to do with what I said? Leyd or otherwise thats up to the Shaman. I am strictly talking of Orcs that in no way shape or form follow the culture, do not live with the other Orcs. Lets say for example there is a Orcish Shaman that lives with the Druids acts like a druid and does not do anything Orcish at all. He should be removed. Also you are barking up the wrong tree, I really could not care less there is Elf Shamans they should be entirely removed, the Dark Elf player-base, the Warhawks had Shamanism shoved down their throats by the former Lore Team, and I am sure they would be rather happy to make their own thing. 

Shamanism should be an Orcish thing again, the way that Runesmithing and Druids are Dwarf and Elf. 

Edited by Sultan

Orcs have children and name them after spirits, their entire lives and culture are based around the spirits, the way they perceive the world, every action or thing they do, but the other races? Shaman elves are people that were worshipping the aspects a week ago and grew a sudden interest on magical powers so they decided to learn shamanism.

Also, disconnection is horrible because its down to the lore writers or LT to decide if someone gets disconnected or not because its instantaneous or something. This lore is Druidism 2.0, written by a druid, and its as bad as Singular Devotion, which are orcs that can go ethereal and have extra super-powers that are granted by special stones that can have only a few of them that can be only created by very few that have a monopoly on shamanism. The whole shamanism re-write is unecessary and gives shamans special boons and extra super powers instead of defining lines and giving things that are benefitial to shamanism. Shamanism should belong to the orcs and orcs only, not some half-assed ERPer peace preachers

I agree that disconnection should be based around the in RP Orcish Shamans myself and not in the hands of Lore-writers and whoever else. 

40 minutes ago, Sultan said:

This topic was handled during the conception of the lore and all I can say is that whitewashery and ‘orcish’ honor is an irrelevancy amongst spirits. What is and is not honourable is a subjective thing and varies from spirit to spirit. It must be said, again, that the spirtualistic faith is not inherently orcish. If you would implement such a cause this would force the magic to being something only orcs living with orcs could have and that’s essentially forcing a magic onto a single culture – where currently multiple cultures exist. Think for example of the darkelven priests and their devotion towards the ancestral spirits. They are shamans as much as orcish ones are yet would now suddenly loose the magic because of being that.

It’s an age-old discussion that spirals down to the following facts:

- the spiritualist faith and shamanism isn’t racially locked. Neither is it culturally locked to the tribal-esque orcs.

- any descendant, if devoted and genuine in their beliefs, can be a spiritual worshipper and or shaman.

- The spirits don’t care if somebody that praises them and follows their command is an orc or other descendant.

- The spirits don’t care for ‘orcish’ honor as much as is thought. What is honourable in the eyes of one spirit, is taboo for another. A case-to-case phenomenon.

There are some listed things that are inherently dishonourable, such as breaking a pact or acting against the spirits entirely by combatting and or imprisoning them.

8 minutes ago, HedgeHug said:

This topic was handled during the conception of the lore and all I can say is that whitewashery and ‘orcish’ honor is an irrelevancy amongst spirits. What is and is not honourable is a subjective thing and varies from spirit to spirit. It must be said, again, that the spirtualistic faith is not inherently orcish. If you would implement such a cause this would force the magic to being something only orcs living with orcs could have and that’s essentially forcing a magic onto a single culture – where currently multiple cultures exist. Think for example of the darkelven priests and their devotion towards the ancestral spirits. They are shamans as much as orcish ones are yet would now suddenly loose the magic because of being that.

It’s an age-old discussion that spirals down to the following facts:

- the spiritualist faith and shamanism isn’t racially locked. Neither is it culturally locked to the tribal-esque orcs.

- any descendant, if devoted and genuine in their beliefs, can be a spiritual worshipper and or shaman.

- The spirits don’t care if somebody that praises them and follows their command is an orc or other descendant.

- The spirits don’t care for ‘orcish’ honor as much as is thought. What is honourable in the eyes of one spirit, is taboo for another. A case-to-case phenomenon.

There are some listed things that are inherently dishonourable, such as breaking a pact or acting against the spirits entirely by combatting and or imprisoning them.

That’s what you say, I say otherwise. Shamanism is culturally locked. Yes any descendant if devoted and genuine can be a spiritual worshiper but he also has to be part of Orcish society for example Lex’Lur during Aegis/Auslon was a Dwarf and a Shaman but he was Orcish.

I never brought up honor, honor can be different between Orcs themselves. 

The example you said means nothing because like I said before the Lore Team gave the Darkelfs no choice but to go the way they did. It was forced down their throat. I could ask Dark Elf leaders of the time to come and comment on the thread if you like. Pretty sure Darkelfs would love their own lore.

Edited by Sultan

2 minutes ago, Sultan said:

That’s what you say, I say otherwise. Shamanism is culturally locked. Yes any descendant if devoted and genuine can be a spiritual worshiper but he also has to be part of Orcish society for example Lex’Lur during Aegis/Auslon was a Dwarf and a Shaman but he was Orcish.

I never brought up honor, honor can be different between Orcs themselves. 

The example you said means nothing because like I said before the Lore Team gave the Darkelfs no choice but to go the way they did. It was forced down their throat. I could ask Dark Elf leaders of the time to come and comment on the thread if you like. Pretty sure Darkelfs would love their own lore.

I agree with Mog fully. He sort of is the Father of the Orcs.