[✗] [Lore][RP] Airship

welshnutter

Y’all gotta remember that LotC is derived from LotR. I think the techlock we have in place is to mimic that universe (to a very mild degree), and the current lore that is in place doesn’t really create a suitable environment for something like this. As cool as it would be to have vehicles and instill a new “high-fantasy” vibe onto the server, it truly wouldn’t fit the seven year theme they’ve been working to protect.

1 hour ago, LeoGhoul99 said:

I like my tech where it is, thanks. You probably put a fair amount of work into this, and I respect that. Tbh, my biggest issue is this being some super ass common thing. Sure right now it'll be limited to the guild, but in the future it definitely be a common thing. I don't want lotc to turn final fantasy themed. Again I can deal with it if there's a way to make it very hard to access how to do this

A okay amount lol and the guild lock will limit the ships plus the event team could come up with a event that the gods only alow 5 ships

14 minutes ago, free said:

Y’all gotta remember that LotC is derived from LotR. I think the techlock we have in place is to mimic that universe (to a very mild degree), and the current lore that is in place doesn’t really create a suitable environment for something like this. As cool as it would be to have vehicles and instill a new “high-fantasy” vibe onto the server, it truly wouldn’t fit the seven year theme they’ve been working to protect.

There were a flying ship in lord of the rings lore due to it being blessed lol i dont think the gods on the server will bless a boat for me lol 

https://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Vingilot

2 minutes ago, welshnutter said:

A okay amount lol and the guild lock will limit the ships plus the event team could come up with a event that the gods only alow 5 ships

There were a flying ship in lord of the rings lore due to it being blessed lol i dont think the gods on the server will bless a boat for me lol 

https://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Vingilot

Yes, but that’s arcanum and not machinery. Magic is separate from technology.

5 hours ago, Juststan147 said:

please no, we don't want steam engines or airships or steam boats

We already having steam boats

Just now, JokerLow said:

We already having steam boats

I know, and it's stupid

I think this is rather cool. I’d like to see it on the server but as some have mentioned, not in a multitude. I think it’d be cool, and rp’ing out it’s first flight or if it even takes off will be quite nice. Anyways I would love to see it, but not too many or too much.

1 hour ago, free said:

Yes, but that’s arcanum and not machinery. Magic is separate from technology.

I dont know magic but i know machines and if i can level the field between magic and machine i will lol

46 minutes ago, Tidemanno said:

I think this is rather cool. I’d like to see it on the server but as some have mentioned, not in a multitude. I think it’d be cool, and rp’ing out it’s first flight or if it even takes off will be quite nice. Anyways I would love to see it, but not too many or too much.

Im not good at the whole gods and lore thingy but i think staff could come up with a reason why not meany could exist at once 

3 hours ago, B7W4 said:

I don’t really like the concept of a flying siege fortress. Building your walls higher won’t matter anymore.

I said in the rp area that the balloon in not impenetrable as it can be cut with pointy weapons like a arrow or sword and since we have ballista siege weapons all you got to do is aim up not down 

6 hours ago, LeoGhoul99 said:

I like my tech where it is, thanks. You probably put a fair amount of work into this, and I respect that. Tbh, my biggest issue is this being some super ass common thing. Sure right now it'll be limited to the guild, but in the future it definitely be a common thing. I don't want lotc to turn final fantasy themed. Again I can deal with it if there's a way to make it very hard to access how to do this

I don't mind airships but I also don't like this lore post. It's also locked behind barriers, basically creating another technology that likely only dwarves will know how to make.

On 10/19/2018 at 1:49 PM, TitanOfTheDepths said:

I don't mind airships but I also don't like this lore post. It's also locked behind barriers, basically creating another technology that likely only dwarves will know how to make.

Im not creation new tech all im doing is useing a furnace a verry popular tech and insted of adding a water tank to make steam im adding a balloon to hold hot air, also my clan "Azaghul" is open to all races and so will the guild if it is accepted i belive in equality for the races 

(plus my old persona was kicked out of a hold for marrying a elf lol )

So whats the status of this then???

So im confused based on what i was told im surprised this didnt get put straight in the denied area, and im also confused that the lore team havent made a decision yet.

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 1 and a half weeks, give or take (I will warn you that it might take longer depending on how many people are busy with finals, as I do not believe in having my team members prioritize LotC over IRL).

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

This Lore has been denied. Even if the techlock didn’t exist, something that is locked behind a guild in such a fashion, while also lacking proper red lines is not something the team is looking to accept.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.