Deeds to the Spirits & Ancestors - Send us your screenies!

TheNanMan2000

We Want YOUR Screenshots!

Capture_2.PNG

A lot of Orcish RP revolves around the Spirits & Ancestors, and particularly our ways of worshipping them.  You’ll often hear a victorious Orc praising his chosen Spirit, or a Orc returning from a hunt dedicating his trophy to Votar.  Unfortunately, few track our progress, and thus our Shamans cannot keep RP the Spirits or Ancestors being happy with an Orc’s dedication during the Spirit walks.  So, if you ever construct a Shrine, sacrifice an Elf, dedicate a victory or in any other way please your chosen Spirit or Ancestor, send the screenshot in the comments.  That way the rest of the Orcish community can share in your victory, and our Shamans can keep an eye on who is most active. Who knows, maybe one-day your fanaticism to Laklul could please the swampy boi and make you devote to his name, and give you Roleplay buffs.

Here’s an example of why you may want to keep track of your dedications to a Spirit or Ancestor:  

Edited by TheNanMan2000

Zrarly traveled for ten to twenty years of his life in the name of Ghorza- in fact I’m still traveling on that char. But haven’t moved my cart yet, gotta find a new settlement to place it near. Can’t really give screenshots of it due to you know... Traveling not being easily representable.

Might actually start cooking up some posts on it though.

@HortonHeardAWhoNp, I’ve seen the cart inside and outside of the Human capital, so you have my support in your claim

Shrine to Urin

Spoiler

2018-10-19_02.19.23.png

Remade Phaedrus banner

Spoiler

64d8a17c744dd1b0a3f942fd4e1e1798.png

Laklul Shrine

Spoiler

3e3d8bab716da5b98b0d4f1fcccfd5d9.png

Kotestruu Shrine

Spoiler

52e65ab820c4817756da79ec10b5a370.png

Theruz Shrine

Spoiler

bf963d4d19c742007d2cebbc85ef6818.png

Betharus Shrine

Spoiler

e285687d5dacdae35ef1089b7e23d976.png

Ytris Shrine

Spoiler

941aa16930fc560e205750a939e83540.png

Grand Shrine to Urin

Spoiler

81e28c9b7f90afb9d2d8e19df176caef.png

Zagbal Shrine (needs reconstruction)

Ublulhar Shrine in the Gorkil Clan Hall

Dom Shrine (Left behind in a multiple map)

Mulltiple Laklul Shrines (left behind in a previous map)

Dom Shrine (left behind on a previous map)

Vulka Clubs distributed to many Gorkils

Spoiler

c83f6920642ea777f95902210ff11d82.png

After days of hard labour in the desert, pulling up wood logs and stone to be refined up a steep, rocky hill.  Mûrak'Gorkil began slaying Elves.  Collecting their bloody skulls as tribute to Kezt.  Finally, his Shrine was complete and stood tall in the Orcish homeland – 
2018-10-19_03.50.52.png

Edited by TheNanMan2000

This happened months ago, but Malog found a big volcanic region, and built a shrine there to Krathol, then decided to live there for a long time, sustaining permanent damage to his own body simply in the name of the pain spirit. He even wrote a book about it, and left it at the shrine.

Pnp3P9J34ZWG3VtYN0iwY0JxyuI06r3XcGNjRY2wxBCmbK97EIvEkWf_UlsGc4BYGq48wAfsufAx4kNr68gBlIGycypNnqegOtkffJ-8yencOosLAWDsWiV-NTwNKUBA4G-LgasEdFv3cnW5TdfecUNaysVr_-nCg9nZ2iOYlSXnHX_ybUM_vdg-RRUcm7zCS_8BBvwENYH0t9GI9TxEvRZ9EgXxuBO4KwBsIOP0FvgnOEBeIZxFgDpL4WURT64_U2hsOV4hflTiTe2phM4l7LMMUf9PCGqGQoikPUfJhIQkP9eiQ8VgAu33PRx1NmBk9w7pRLkzhsAIa7Olx-WzP_bdJ4J5vYR_xQiKvRwqLxObolzG4ar2RnwdXHshmQc8Vj6yAANcgntKIpSKDWtgohDFSbz4XHfPteBKFAozeNI46dtYUB61DAk7UrxuYjhkVV3LneeaRthOLq0j4MIIl6wCKu6Sw_-FpURynhT_5jEK4Pt5zIbd4xiRcQ999bZpjmqx6XEv3VGb8Rv7DhNKzI7MlSNEvSW0lq2NR9rZ-ZTN54VVQCdwppQ96hUtKDc2gFMNwn6muSxpOnqGDecUthDk4TM162Aunv5Bz58pzxnuwf6Bfle_FHLpOZaaMUJB_3t_onMzHRPBJpPXUOD1RFt9bxskwf-6cFlNuCv7sCMXuYmM1KmmegOtDGBsIhs1dllpC0vFhaNPpSUlQPPjvHpAQ1RPKqQHBCgl50EMDIg9BBkC3VCpI_p7XudjMJsGz31jMFsHT7NcTXEa7j6fGR4hydAkeEhRLAwavIsWDZyYfiNWDAckMmUsof4DLUzzq4z-yJy4uqOTmbsx7-GSRLFqnztZ-Z8lyhOLNG2wirbS6-W8tGxtOv_hDuc3PalpfLWr_JLgaFpGHRT_zX2tOTYBurHBuITY5vaKKn9BrIWuI2jZFg6g3FF5Orv9-sS4ESEJ8xHauN2P2DDStf4koNCr3yIbKZhWbkbrIEWF2v12eHMi7FYUeg5ItUz9EwPsI1Ya-R3kdqXss1twxJHu-4LMnIKwusoeJhEbBx0lFZq5hD84r0yL_IFnGOq2xlTP

For Laklul

hey cool sure gallics do lots of spirit stuff I’ll--

11 hours ago, TheNanMan2000 said:

A lot of Orcish RP

oh never mind orcs only in here

5 hours ago, Gallic said:

post! itd'd be interesting to see

7 hours ago, Gallic said:

If you love the Spirits as much as we do throw in your **** too boyo.  

@Pond   Hosh skah, bruddah

Edited by TheNanMan2000

A dirtied elf covered in twig, leaf, and soil alike heaved the final stone on top. Kept within the natural crown formed by the shrine. He relinquishes a relieved sigh, stepping back to admire his recently renovated work. ”It has been almost a century since I was a slave under the Ugz, yet I could never forget that sense of closure your shrine provided me after each sweltering day. Shame San’Tor is no more.” He reaches back into his bag to procure a deteriorated teacup. Several tiny pieces vacant around the lip which looked scratched and fractured. The white teacup – detailed with a red and green dragon knotting around each other like snakes – placed before the shrine gently. “Thank you. I hope this shrine does well to appease and that others might be drawn towards it for respite.” His eyes fall shut as he clasped both hands together. Slightly bowing his head for a period of motionless silence. One minute...two...recomposing himself on the third. “May fortune and the fates favor the selfless few.” He'd utter before spinning around and walking, leaving the Shrine of Jevex to its devices.

Spoiler

2018-10-19-18-39-37.png

The Mali’ame goes on to visit sites he had repurposed for the shrines of other spirits several decades prior. Arriving at the shrine of Isuz where he would set down several roses.

Spoiler

2018-10-19-17-39-45.png

Followed by the shrine of Arwa after parting back a swathe of the pumpkin fields that were hindering conventional approach. Scattering various seeds around the base.

Spoiler

2018-10-19-17-54-18.png

Then he paid a visit to the shrine of Akezo. Replacing the dandelion on its crown to preserve well-being.

Spoiler

2018-10-19-18-18-42.png

Until at last, he was trudging through fits of pummeling snowfall. His shrine to Ublulhar on the fringes of the recently encroaching storms from the Yatl Wastes. After restoring the shrine from a moot act of vandalism and ensuring it was reinforced, he skedaddled as fast as possible from the furiously chilling conditions.

Spoiler

2018-10-19-19-37-04.png

Edited by ThatGuy_777

Not long after the Clanfather Malog’Yar returns to the Uzg, burned and scarred from his pilgrimage to the firelands in the south, a strange new shrine appears in front of the capital. At the foot of the totem, a bed of coals smolders, where Malog can be found standing regularly, offering up his own pain as a gift to Krathol.

Soon after that, Malog rallies a hunting band to fetch an offering for the spirit of suffering. In the hills near the city, the group finds a herd of wild cattle. Malog hurls his spear at a young cow in the back, weakening it for the two young cubs, Malohk and Thorn, to kill while he and a mighty olog known as Durr’Lak handle the primary business; the bull of the herd. With ferocious brutality, the two bludgeon the beast into submission, and drag it back alive as the first offering to the eerie new totem. As a token of thanks, Malog invites Durr to take one of the horns as a gift for Laklul.

Edited by Catarrh

Few places are more infamously inhospitable than the desert, and many unworthy souls have suffered slow, agonizing deaths in such places. True, the firelands far to the south where Malog made his long pilgrimage are far worse, but the desert remains harsh and cruel to the unprepared. It was for this reason the old Clanfather sought out a high dune, totally exposed to the scorching winds and oppressive sun for his next shrine to Krathol.

Edited by Catarrh

On 10/19/2018 at 9:49 PM, ThatGuy_777 said:

A dirtied elf covered in twig, leaf, and soil alike heaved the final stone on top. Kept within the natural crown formed by the shrine. He relinquishes a relieved sigh, stepping back to admire his recently renovated work. ”It has been almost a century since I was a slave under the Ugz, yet I could never forget that sense of closure your shrine provided me after each sweltering day. Shame San’Tor is no more.” He reaches back into his bag to procure a deteriorated teacup. Several tiny pieces vacant around the lip which looked scratched and fractured. The white teacup – detailed with a red and green dragon knotting around each other like snakes – placed before the shrine gently. “Thank you. I hope this shrine does well to appease and that others might be drawn towards it for respite.” His eyes fall shut as he clasped both hands together. Slightly bowing his head for a period of motionless silence. One minute...two...recomposing himself on the third. “May fortune and the fates favor the selfless few.” He'd utter before spinning around and walking, leaving the Shrine of Jevex to its devices.

“LATZ DEZTROYED MI ZKAHIN ZHRINE OB LAKLUL, JUZT TU BUILD AH ZHRINE OB JEVEX IN ITZ PLACE? LAT WILL BI GUTTED AGH HUNG TU DIE IHN DAH ZWAMPZ, LAT ****.” A quite angered orc would say upon seeing that his shrine of Laklul was replaced with a shrine of Jevex.

1 hour ago, Pond said:

“LATZ DEZTROYED MI ZKAHIN ZHRINE OB LAKLUL, JUZT TU BUILD AH ZHRINE OB JEVEX IN ITZ PLACE? LAT WILL BI GUTTED AGH HUNG TU DIE IHN DAH ZWAMPZ, LAT ****.” A quite angered orc would say upon seeing that his shrine of Laklul was replaced with a shrine of Jevex.

The pair of tiny, black and yellow finches look to the angry orc with wide eyes before promptly taking off from their perch atop the shrine. Not understanding a single word mentioned. It stands to reason that the real culprit hadn’t ventured there since its renovation.