[✗] [Deity] Lagara, Goddess of Lein Hahnu

MajesticOwyn

FM Here.

Please keep this thread as civil as possible.

Comments seen as non-constructive will be hidden.

Thank you and have a nice night.

2 minutes ago, LoLzboi said:

I’m not basing my reasoning on the fact human religion has no new lore. I am basing it on the fact this lore is written for a small group of people on the server, and not for a larger group like a deity should be aimed at (look at the other aspects, or even the aenguls or daemons in general).

If you agree that it is a religion, then why do you repeatedly say it is in fact a culture? Perhaps all mentions of culture should be replaced with religion to keep the idea consistent and understandable.

This post focuses solely on the Deity and how it interacts with the culture. When the word culture is used, religion is often baked in with it. Ones faith and religion is part of their culture, and the Gorundyr worship this deity.

1 minute ago, LoLzboi said:

I’m not basing my reasoning on the fact human religion has no new lore. I am basing it on the fact this lore is written for a small group of people on the server, and not for a larger group like a deity should be aimed at (look at the other aspects, or even the aenguls or daemons in general).

If you agree that it is a religion, then why do you repeatedly say it is in fact a culture? Perhaps all mentions of culture should be replaced with religion to keep the idea consistent and understandable.

Not once have I stated this post is a culture. I think you are misunderstanding it. Gorundyr is a religion and a culture. This post states the truth about the Gorundyr’s origins while this post: 

is culture and is only how the Goundyr perceive their religion. 

Again, this was not written for a small group of people on the server, but rather for the entire server population. Anyone can participate.

11 minutes ago, PosidonX7 said:

Indeed, this is not cultural lore. This is religious lore. Yes, a new deity is added through this lore post (should it get approved). If you are basing your comments upon the fact that you think it is unfair that new religion lore is being created while cannonism has not received many additions (if any at all) lately, then write some yourself. I’m sure if you put enough depth and thought into it while staying with the canon lore bounds, then it will have no issue in getting accepted.
Upon you last comment though, it is just another religion that anyone can participate in. And yes, it is added for rp purposes. Why else would we write lore for an rp server?

@PosidonX7 Just because anyone CAN participate, does not mean everyone WILL participate, or that the culture will maintain itself for a long duration of time to really make this lore relevant to others.

@MajesticOwyn so then you made a theocratic culture, which is fine. However, a culture does not work the same way as a religion would work, particularly speaking of the inability to ‘join’ a culture. Cultures are learned from birth and a consistent people group, a religion requires neither to flourish.

5 minutes ago, LoLzboi said:

@PosidonX7 Just because anyone CAN participate, does not mean everyone WILL participate, or that the culture will maintain itself for a long duration of time to really make this lore relevant to others.

@MajesticOwyn so then you made a theocratic culture, which is fine. However, a culture does not work the same way as a religion would work, particularly speaking of the inability to ‘join’ a culture. Cultures are learned from birth and a consistent people group, a religion requires neither to flourish.

One can not ever predict the future. Tomorrow, everyone may end up leaning towards the thought that cannonism is bad and it will die, or it may not. None truly know. And as stated in the lore, images of the Gorundyr may be sent into the descendant’s dreams. They don’t have to learn it from other descendants. So if you are done trying to find a loophole in the lore, then thank you for your input and have a nice day.

Canonism is a product of other failed ideologies, so not sure what you mean by that.

A theocratic culture is being sent into descendants dreams, and yet only gorundyr can interact with the deity as I understand it. Not sure how that makes sense, and only reinforces my idea that this lore is solely for a particular group to benefit.

Lol u don't need to submit lore for a diety you praise, just RP praising it w/o it actually existing. Canonisn does this.

If you want to do cool "oh I see god!!" shizzle then have people get drunk and then claim to see ****.

4 minutes ago, HortonHeardAWho said:

Lol u don't need to submit lore for a diety you praise, just RP praising it w/o it actually existing. Canonisn does this.

If you want to do cool "oh I see god!!" shizzle then have people get drunk and then claim to see ****.

We plan to make additions to this lore. This is just the base needed for those additions. ?

Edited by PosidonX7

9 minutes ago, LoLzboi said:

You miss the point of what I wrote.

Perhaps referring to it as a ‘culture' is not appropriate, and you meant religion?

If that is the case, then you’re creating a new deity for a new religion while the Human religion can’t get any new lore regardless of its prolonged time on the server and its contribution to server wide role play. Again, creating special lore for a special relgiion, that will only benefit that special religion for rp purposes.

Beauty

@LoLzboiregarding your point about this lore not contributing to other groups like Aengulus or Daemon should.

Read up on Aengudaemon. Then you will understand why it doesn't do that.

Beautifully written. I've rp'ed these Gods as existing for quite some time - and it's greta to see that they finally meet the light of day to the public. I really do hope they get accepted as their own litle pantheon of aengudaemons. Im also not entirely sure what people mean about this only affecting a small group of people. Right now it is only affecting a small group of people, because it is not "canon lore". If this gets through, Im sure more and more people can interract with the deity and culture itself, hoping it will be more widespread after this.

4 hours ago, MajesticOwyn said:

Together, they created the Children of the Forest

Ara, the eldest of Andarta’s children, she takes on the form of a small fawn and prowls around the forests, her true purpose unknown. She is regarded as the Spirit of Springs as she is often sighted near them.

Borvo, whom appears as a white-furred bear, lives as a Spirit of the River, prowling the banks and protecting them from harm.

Cernu, who was given the task of defending the realm from the darkness that threatened it. From an early age he envied Beira and her pack, choosing to take on the form of a gray wolf, stalking the brushes as they do.

Aife, the Spirit of the Oak, who embodies the pride and strength that an oak tree represents. She frolics among the canopies of the trees, taking on the form of a squirrel, her small form often deceptive.

Olwen, the Spirit of Luck, whose name many Gorundyr utter, both to curse, and to praise. He takes on the form of a rabbit.

Sirona, the Spirit of Mischief, a popular patron of children and the like, who is regarded as a trickster. She appears as a fox spirit and often harasses travellers in the woods.

Alastir, the Whispering Wind, a spirit that communes with the trees themselves. It is said that he delivers the words and desires of the forests in the breeze. Alastir is commonly associated with an Owl, with tapestries depicting him as one dating back to legend.

Perhaps a different word than “spirit” could be used to avoid conflict with the already existing Shamanic Spirits given that they seem entirely unrelated. Looks cool overall though.

Okay, so as I have some time now to actually write, I’ll go ahead.

I have been roleplaying as Gorundyr character for be it about over a year now. I’ve been doing that during time of their absence, as well as lately during times of their peak activity maybe even since they were created (Correct me Owyn if I’m wrong). It has not been easy, nor was it really pleasing at moments. Having culture be as it is, trying to scrape for even one or two people to keep up with myself, and almost begging to push the stuff back to be a thing again.

And I’ll be bloody damned. I don’t regret it one little bit. It was and still is a wonderful experience in regards of culture itself, but it was missing stuff that would turn it more appealing to upkeep with tribal style, with culture, with idea behind it. We are so used to humans being simply “humans” and nothing more, that to create a proper culture it takes effort like no other. Khadarsi tribe being a great example. Most of those RP’ing humans are going for GoT style and hey. They do it well. But as @Narthok said himself (despite calling us discount Norlanders grrrr), it’s amazing to see revival of human roleplay by different cultures coming back to life.

So. Here is the point about lore written mostly by Owyn and Posidon, regarding deities. I know it’s something that people plan to consider as “only for selective groups” as Lolz has said, and hey, to some degree it’ll be always true. Same as Elves are trying to make Druidism as magic and probably due to that also pushing it to deity part being only for elves, so this thing may be restricted to one group. But it’ll not be racelocked at most case, nor will it be kept away from other race RP, as with this becoming canon, we’ll be able to have events from time to time to express their presence, and we already have prepared magic to allow for more interaction between different groups (one which I’ll be soon enough adding few more things into), that will require to have this deity lore accepted as to allow further interactions.

So yes, I’m biased for this thing here, because hey, I’ve put a lot of effort into bringing this culture back to life, and then other people have put a lot of effort into making it actually interesting. In my honest opinion though, this may offer really amazing opportunities for extending human roleplay and actually making new interesting roleplay paths for other races as well.

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Wulfery said:

Okay, so as I have some time now to actually write, I’ll go ahead.

I have been roleplaying as Gorundyr character for be it about over a year now. I’ve been doing that during time of their absence, as well as lately during times of their peak activity maybe even since they were created (Correct me Owyn if I’m wrong). It has not been easy, nor was it really pleasing at moments. Having culture be as it is, trying to scrape for even one or two people to keep up with myself, and almost begging to push the stuff back to be a thing again.

And I’ll be bloody damned. I don’t regret it one little bit. It was and still is a wonderful experience in regards of culture itself, but it was missing stuff that would turn it more appealing to upkeep with tribal style, with culture, with idea behind it. We are so used to humans being simply “humans” and nothing more, that to create a proper culture it takes effort like no other. Khadarsi tribe being a great example. Most of those RP’ing humans are going for GoT style and hey. They do it well. But as @Narthok said himself (despite calling us discount Norlanders grrrr), it’s amazing to see revival of human roleplay by different cultures coming back to life.

So. Here is the point about lore written mostly by Owyn and Posidon, regarding deities. I know it’s something that people plan to consider as “only for selective groups” as Lolz has said, and hey, to some degree it’ll be always true. Same as Elves are trying to make Druidism as magic and probably due to that also pushing it to deity part being only for elves, so this thing may be restricted to one group. But it’ll not be racelocked at most case, nor will it be kept away from other race RP, as with this becoming canon, we’ll be able to have events from time to time to express their presence, and we already have prepared magic to allow for more interaction between different groups (one which I’ll be soon enough adding few more things into), that will require to have this deity lore accepted as to allow further interactions.

So yes, I’m biased for this thing here, because hey, I’ve put a lot of effort into bringing this culture back to life, and then other people have put a lot of effort into making it actually interesting. In my honest opinion though, this may offer really amazing opportunities for extending human roleplay and actually making new interesting roleplay paths for other races as well.

Cheers.

And I meant it

On a different note I don’t think we should be going the elf route and oocly confirming our faiths. Build an actual theology and set of doctrines through rp. At first I thought it would be good to have a diety and a magic but as I thought about it more I came to the conclusion that it would just result in the same inane cliques that I absolute despise amongst magic communities. Y’all are already infamous for having weird Naztherak and other spooks about in your village. Idk why you need a god.