[✗] -=- Dryads, the Daughters of Cerridwen -=-

The Elder Eye

8 minutes ago, Its_Just_Leap said:

Probably something that needs to be clarified in the lore is that their skin may feel bark like but add no real protection what-so-ever.

This will probably have to be handled on a case by case basis.

8 minutes ago, Its_Just_Leap said:

Also, what would come from a situation where a T5 druid waltzed up to a Dryad’s tree and started to control it. Would it listen to the Dryad with priority, or the druid? 

As stated, a Dryad's bound plant is loyal to them first and foremost. As the plant is an extension of the Dryad, and vise versa, it would require the consent of the Dryad.

1 minute ago, The Transcendent said:

This will probably have to be handled on a case by case basis.

As stated, a Dryad's bound plant is loyal to them first and foremost. As the plant is an extension of the Dryad, and vise versa, it would require the consent of the Dryad.

There’s going to be a shitfest over handling it by a case by case basis. Some of the LT have different points of view on which is bad and which is ok, but its not your problem so yeah. (Probably sounded a lot more sarcastic that in was intended)

Why can’t dryads learn Druidism and be attuned? Unlike other deity magics this one makes the MOST sense for them to be able to have. I’m asking this like they can’t because you say they may only learn forms of it, but then don’t specify what you mean by that.

Other than those concerns and questions this is a pretty good piece of lore. Even though it does only give RP to a niche group.

12 minutes ago, Its_Just_Leap said:

Why can’t dryads learn Druidism and be attuned? Unlike other deity magics this one makes the MOST sense for them to be able to have. I’m asking this like they can’t because you say they may only learn forms of it, but then don’t specify what you mean by that.

The lore says that they can do so- If it wasn’t made clear. They’re limited to learning Druidism or Shamanism.

Imagine how heavy your joints would be/feel if your skin turned to bark. Eventually the dryad would be effectively rooted in place, no? Maybe make it where they have to “peel” some of the bark away every year in order to continue moving, else they become essentially as the tree they love itself is, rooted in place unable to move. Love is pain and all that.

Bad rewrite, any drawbacks are simple undercut within the same paragraph. I do like that the fact that pruning is acknowledged for how painful it is. I thought I was the only one who rped that.

I’m completely new to Dryad lore so please understand that I’m genuinely curious about this race.

Wow, I read over that and I’m quite impressed with how well it was written! I honestly think that Dryads are pretty awesome already, but I have a few questions that are on my mind.

As a male-oriented roleplayer, would the Dryad transformation affect male characters in any way? How would Dryads even be created in the first place? (like being a druid at one point then transforming into them or is it just something else entirely?) What can Dryads do in the varying biomes? Can Dryads protect soul trees of some druids that they grow fond of or something?

I’m honestly hyped to see this new lore revision and I want to see how it works.

17 minutes ago, TheDragonsRoost said:

I’m completely new to Dryad lore so please understand that I’m genuinely curious about this race.

Wow, I read over that and I’m quite impressed with how well it was written! I honestly think that Dryads are pretty awesome already, but I have a few questions that are on my mind.

As a male-oriented roleplayer, would the Dryad transformation affect male characters in any way? How would Dryads even be created in the first place? (like being a druid at one point then transforming into them or is it just something else entirely?) What can Dryads do in the varying biomes? Can Dryads protect soul trees of some druids that they grow fond of or something?

I’m honestly hyped to see this new lore revision and I want to see how it works.

Female only, wood elf females just at some point feel like they could really like a tree and go find it and then they turn into a dryad over like a week, I think technically yes but its frowned upon.

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 1 and a half weeks, give or take (I will warn you that it might take longer depending on how many people are busy with finals, as I do not believe in having my team members prioritize LotC over IRL).

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

This Lore has been denied. While this rewrite does clarify some sections in more depth, it also had some flaws that led it failing to get a Y majority in our latest vote. The magic that they are allowed to learn doesn’t make sense as to why it’s only those few that remain. The whole no-ftb portion should be returned as currently it makes it seem they only wouldn’t ftb to try and get a child but ftb’ing on its own would be fine. In addition, the whole gimmick with dryads has been trees so opening it up to bushes and regular plants seems to go against that without a justified reason. The ability to control their plant/tree also seems shoehorned in there without much justification. And finally, dryads do not bring much to the table and any future rewrite would hopefully flesh them out further and elaborate on why we should keep them on LotC (or we’ll probably approach the dryad community ourselves).

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.