[Lore Addition] Soulbound Servants: Diadacts of the Eternal Forest

NomadGaia

5 hours ago, GrimReaper98 said:

"you can PK a ghost clause"

you can’t PK ghosts either though they can only be demanifested for an extended period without OOC consent

Also, the Aspects allow fae things to cross over all the time. The Mani do this exact thing, too: They go into aspect land, they come out as spirits. It’s like reverse transcendence.

5 hours ago, ThatGuy_777 said:

The question of “why” can be answered as simply to allow Druids to pass on their teachings to the next generation. It’s not like letting them burdens the Aspects. It’s the Transcendent Druid and the Soul doing all the work. There aren’t that many folks who are versed in Transcendence, thus it also acts as a limiter for Soulbound Servants. Which only compounds when you realize how few Druids “officially” PK comparatively to those who just disappear into the wilds.

These spirits have a place to go, it’s a given they would return to the Fae realm under normal circumstance. Besides, the forced PK clause got scrapped for ghosts anyway (too many ghosts were targeted for purging), so that point seems a bit moot. Course it might still be changed if the LT request it.

Can’t really change your opinions, but look at it this way. Do you really think something with under a dozen paragraphs is going to bloat up lore in any noticeable way? Especially since it’s such an easy concept – I doubt people will need to refer to it more than once to memorize it.

It burdens the Aspects by going against natural tenants and switching it towards being able to return the dead, back to corporeality. I'm sure Nemiisae and Cerridwen both have their qualms with their outlooks on life/death.

And then, there is the kicker for why this lore is obvious bloat. If the Transcendence art is not known by many people, AND in turn there are not many druids who PK or adhere to consequences in the first place. This lore will be used by a maximum of probably, five people. We do not need a ghost addition for five players.

Lore bloat is still lore bloat no matter the size of the addition. If it has no proper purpose on the server that extends beyond a few people, then realistically it's not needed. Druidism has so much lore included already, they really don't need force ghosts.

I also address the ghost PK thing below.

1 hour ago, Gallic said:

you can’t PK ghosts either though they can only be demanifested for an extended period without OOC consent

Also, the Aspects allow fae things to cross over all the time. The Mani do this exact thing, too: They go into aspect land, they come out as spirits. It’s like reverse transcendence.

I did not know about the removal of the ghost PK clause, so I am sorry about having that.

A druid which has passed is very different to comparing them to any other sort of Mani or Fae. The servitude which is meant for druids within the forest is meant to respect the life/death cycle. Giving druids a way to break this seems like the antithesis of druidic thought on the undead and resurrection. There are plenty of druids to spread their teaching, why would there be any reason to bring back older ones as ghosts.

Druid entities have too much going for them, something I have said for years now. Adding more to the bloat will just go against what Flambo is trying to do, and whilst I don't believe it's a bad piece, I do not believe it is needed.

12 hours ago, GrimReaper98 said:

It burdens the Aspects by going against natural tenants and switching it towards being able to return the dead, back to corporeality. I'm sure Nemiisae and Cerridwen both have their qualms with their outlooks on life/death.

And then, there is the kicker for why this lore is obvious bloat. If the Transcendence art is not known by many people, AND in turn there are not many druids who PK or adhere to consequences in the first place. This lore will be used by a maximum of probably, five people. We do not need a ghost addition for five players.

Lore bloat is still lore bloat no matter the size of the addition. If it has no proper purpose on the server that extends beyond a few people, then realistically it's not needed. Druidism has so much lore included already, they really don't need force ghosts.

I also address the ghost PK thing below.

I did not know about the removal of the ghost PK clause, so I am sorry about having that.

A druid which has passed is very different to comparing them to any other sort of Mani or Fae. The servitude which is meant for druids within the forest is meant to respect the life/death cycle. Giving druids a way to break this seems like the antithesis of druidic thought on the undead and resurrection. There are plenty of druids to spread their teaching, why would there be any reason to bring back older ones as ghosts.

I mean you aren’t coming back to life since you’re still dead. It’s not like the soulbound are going to drain lifeforce from the natural world like foreign parasites, whereas unless your ghost, undead, or whathaveyou go on a strict descendent diet, that’s going to be hard to avoid. You aren’t participating in a ghostly cycle of life. You are using a means that all the other Fae Creatures already do to enter only as an observer of the natural order without the means of causing a direct impact to the balance. If you have no physical body that can interact with the natural world, and for all intensive purposes are still “dead,” why would any of the Aspects care?

When something becomes commonplace its majesty wears away. These are supposed to be devout elder Druids who perished serving the Aspects, it’s only right if they are a rarity. Mayhaps it isn’t really needed, but by that logic what magical creature or practice is even needed? They serve as catalysts for the fantastical in a fantasy setting.

I definitely think it’s cool, going further towards Druid Jedis is lit so why not.

A dynamically fuller world > lore bloat 

Idk how I feel about it but the lore bloat argument is garbage. Lotc changes, grows and circumvents stagnation. It isn’t lore bloat. It is finding new & fresh ways to RP around what we already have.

On 10/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, Sky said:

Druid entities have too much going for them, something I have said for years now. Adding more to the bloat will just go against what Flambo is trying to do, and whilst I don't believe it's a bad piece, I do not believe it is needed.

This ^

Spoiler

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 1 and a half weeks, give or take (I will warn you that it might take longer depending on how many people are busy with finals, as I do not believe in having my team members prioritize LotC over IRL).

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

Edit: It seems I misclicked and sent this to a different place than originally intended. Apologies for the confusion.

This lore has been denied. This was unable to get a majority of the votes required to pass. I personally enjoyed the piece, but the team does not feel that this strays too far from existing ghosts to warrant its addition. An addition that adds to ghosts as a whole rather than just druid people would likely be better, and I actually intend to pursue that. I’ll send you a PM later regarding it when I have the time.