[Completed][Poll] Vanilla Enchantments and Potions

Aesopian

Should vanilla potions and enchantments be added to the server? If so, in what form?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What form of vanilla enchantments should be added to the server?

• All Enchants
    • All Enchants except for Fire Aspect
    • Only non-combat Enchants
    • Only combat Enchants
    • No Enchants
  2. 2. What form of vanilla potions should be added to the server?

• All Potions
    • All Potions except Instant Damage
    • All Potions except Instant Damage, Strength, Speed, or Regeneration
    • No Potions

Currently, there exists no system of vanilla enchantments or potions on the server. 

Even if no changes are made to the enchantments or potions themselves, or additional content added to them, would any of these systems listed above be acceptable to you?

Just copying my previous thought from discord:

combat enchants will make pvp stronger unless you don't add sharpness and fire aspect, which'll make pve stronger, if you add non combat enchants it would make gathering tasks easier along with some unique enchants i.e mending on fishing rods, while taking away from the cloud temple magic emporium, frost-walker, depth strider and those pretty enchants were exclusively towards those items or buying the specific books were entirely optional that still enabled their usefulness while not taking away from the rest?

Armor enchants I don’t see much a problem for, unless there has a hard cap for enchant level limits, I don’t see much use for blast protection since theres no creepers or tnt (or the fact that the only explosions are a violent gm, joking aside) Alternatively.. if you keep enchanting levels uncapped, you’ll HAVE to buff weapon damage or reduce base armor due to the fact they’ll be ‘walking tanks’ if you have a base iron sword versus one guy in full protection V gear head to toe with regeneration potions in his pocket.

You’re gonna need both long story short unless hard caps or changes are implemented, i.e making chain-mail the new iron and iron armor being moderately more encumber-some to craft.

As for potions? Depends, alchemy would actually have an actual ooc use? Turtle potions are coming to 1.13, stoneskin, you could also have lingering regen tiles to encourage people to run less often, lingering harming potions could be made for events to make lethal zones that folk couldn't walk over. Potions I can see having.. extensive pvp use, regeneration- throwable weakness, unless dragons breath isn’t obtainable craftable lethal arrows, It honestly varies, gunpowder will have to be obtainable in the case, unless you just want to use ‘buff’ only.

Yet if you’re going to be doing this level of brewing, make it rewarding while make it so ‘not everyone in Atlas’s pure existence be able to do it, y’know?

Obviously if you cater to one group more than the other it all depends on who you’re shipping it to. If you have everything off rails, you’re catering to both groups. (But if you have sharpness V on a zerker axe.. hyooh, that seems pretty insane, @Aesopian There would need to be specific items you COULDN’T enchant, like those for example.)

At least enchanting for event/lore items would have much more sense, actual use and the such right?

#Neutrality 

Just my thoughts, feel free to discuss.

imo potions used for pvp would be fun, except for fire aspect and instant damage. Wouldn’t want to be insta killed after someone throws 5 insta damage potions. It doesn’t really encourage pvp either, just makes it more enjoyable and immersive since you can always RP the effects of the potions afterwards too.

if they let me have my Barrett 50cal back and give me a decent horse I might return to mineman tbh

18 minutes ago, Destroyer_Bravo said:

if they let me have my Barrett 50cal back and give me a decent horse I might return to mineman tbh

Extremely low T

Pot pvp is a joke don’t do it

2 minutes ago, pbuh said:

Extremely low T

Pot pvp is a joke don’t do it

im ass with a sword i dont do potpvp anyway

7 minutes ago, Destroyer_Bravo said:

im ass with a sword i dont do potpvp anyway

potpvp comment was in reference to the OP but you stated yourself why you need mechanized warfare crutch. Get good!

1 minute ago, pbuh said:

potpvp comment was in reference to the OP but you stated yourself why you need mechanized warfare crutch. Get good!

ill get to that right after i find my will to subject myself to lotc again

Non-combat enchantments seem like a good idea, as I can’t see any harm coming from allowing people to gather materials they need more easily. Potions for pvp is the worst idea I’ve heard in a while though, there is absolutely no reason to be giving MORE incentive to pvp. I know a few folk, myself included, who think the absolute worst part of lotc is enjoying rp when all of the sudden several people in armor hop towards you and pop you. Admittedly, if your goal here is to make it less suffering on the part of those who actually applied to this roleplay server for roleplay (As few as they may be, who on earth goes to the trouble to get whitelisted on lotc to rp, amirite?) then it’d be great. Instead of getting clicked to death in 3-4 sword swings I can get clicked to death in 1-2 and enjoy the minute or so I have to sit and do nothing while a half dozen people stand over me waiting to see what’ll come out of my avatar like some kinda birthday piñata. I couldn’t be any more sincere about the bit about non-combat enchantments, but honestly if you add any more to pvp you’d be doing a lot of us a disservice 

3 hours ago, Skraag said:

Non-combat enchantments seem like a good idea, as I can’t see any harm coming from allowing people to gather materials they need more easily. Potions for pvp is the worst idea I’ve heard in a while though, there is absolutely no reason to be giving MORE incentive to pvp. I know a few folk, myself included, who think the absolute worst part of lotc is enjoying rp when all of the sudden several people in armor hop towards you and pop you. Admittedly, if your goal here is to make it less suffering on the part of those who actually applied to this roleplay server for roleplay (As few as they may be, who on earth goes to the trouble to get whitelisted on lotc to rp, amirite?) then it’d be great. Instead of getting clicked to death in 3-4 sword swings I can get clicked to death in 1-2 and enjoy the minute or so I have to sit and do nothing while a half dozen people stand over me waiting to see what’ll come out of my avatar like some kinda birthday piñata. I couldn’t be any more sincere about the bit about non-combat enchantments, but honestly if you add any more to pvp you’d be doing a lot of us a disservice 

image.png.0098f0dca073d30bdf3d115fd89346ec.png

Not wrong at all.

1 hour ago, jdesarno said:

image.png.0098f0dca073d30bdf3d115fd89346ec.png

Not wrong at all.

You’re right, though it’s not too unreasonable for people to want an rp centric server to stay in favor of rp.

Potions and Enchantments could maybe be integrated into LOTC if the potions have a cooldown in between uses, and are very hard to make. And with enchantments they should be hard to make/get.

Edited by Boxboiy

This thread has been deemed inactive and the debate concluded. If you feel this was mistake, please contact a moderator.