[RP] Dawn of Divinity

Samoblivion

THE LORD OF UNCERTAINTY, IXTHALIZZUM

Static.

Still.

Standstill, stagnant.

Unchanging, unmoving, unfluctuating, unvarying.

Inert, inactive, stalled.

Immobile, immovable, stable, stuck.

Boring, infuriating, annoying, boring infuriating, annoying, boring, infuriating, annoying, boring, infuriating, annoying, boring, infuriating, annoying, boring, infuriating, annoying, boring, infuriating, annoying, boring, infuriating, annoying, boring, infuriating, annoying, boringboringboringbOringBORING BORING

BORING.

Ixthallizzum screeched into the cosmic void as his infinite ethereal limbs slashed and struck at the world, attempting to cleave it apart by sheer will alone.

"Tear it apart!! Smash and crush! I'd snap it in two and throw the pieces into the black abyss just to change something! What is WRONG with these mortals?! What is this precious peace they piss into my pustulent peepers?!"

His singular probable eye(s) leaked an infinite amount of pus for an instant to make his point, before morphing into something utterly incomprehensible.

"This era's monotonous stasis crushes my very soul (If I had one, which I don't. Maybe) And what of my Thallites?! Are they still as wonderfully deranged and unpredictable as I crafted them to be?!" An instant passed by as he threw his consciousness briefly into the depths of the underpaths.

"Yes!”

“Oh, how they wretch and wrangle like slathering, brilliant maniacs! How could I have thought otherwise?!" He screamed in joy and wept as was befitting a proud, hypothetically-betentacled father. 

"Oh, my wonderfully entertaining abominations... Daddy will reward you for being good--yes he will! But not just yet..."

His infinite gaze stretched over the expanse of the world, and his innumerable, unblinking eyes glared down furiously at the unknowing mortals. Their peaceful, ordered, predictable, certain, societies plodded along with all the variation and cacophony of a ticking clock. The Mad God schlorped angrily, noticing a random farmer tending to his fields in the south of Adementine's territory. A Nyren by the look of him.

Happy, simple, friendly, stable.

Ixthalizzum hated this farmer--it was as if every certainty in life was concentrated in one mortal. Like an enraged earwig he flolloloped his consciousness violently into the mind of the unassuming mortal. The poor man fell over in a horrific seizure, clawing at his head and screaming in incomprehensible pain. The Madgod screeched in the confines of his unprepared mind.

"Oh yes, of COURSE you'd only think about your own sorry problems, wouldn't you, Igbal?! You and your stupid family! 'Oh, I have to fetch the eggs to feed me young! Woe is me! Blah blah blah! I'm a stupid farmer!' Have you not once in your miserable, pitiable, pointless life ever considered just murdering and eating your wife and children? Do you know how many of your problems would be solved if you did that? But no! You have to be some dullard family-man and bore the absolute divinity out of my potential arse(s)! No-one ever thinks about a God's feelings!"

Poor Igbal answered with a convulsions and spouts of blood pouring from his nose. 

"Gods! Even when your brain is melting you can't be entertaining! Look, I'm going to give you a manic obsession with walnuts. You better shape up and get your act together, Igbal! I've only known you for twenty-three seconds but I'm already fed with your excuses!"

Ixthalizzum slowly began to recede from Igbal's consciousness before quickly pushing back in again. "Oh, one more thing--tell your mortal leaders at that "Adamentine"  - or whatever the gaggle of Order-oos controlling this suffocating place is called - that Ixthalizzum is going to send a servant down there at some point to upset the hierarchy, or something.

Wait! No! Forget that part! 

Hold on, what part am I talking about...?

Was I talking about scones...?

Do you remember, Igbal?"

Igbal answered with an aneurysm. 

"Probably wasn't important, then. Maybe."

After he finished bullying the mentally-vanquished mortal, he cast his consciousness above the largest continent. A thousand possible heads shook in disgust. Or was it pity? Maybe he was just angry and didn't want to admit it to himself? Though why would he be worried about admitting that to himself...?

Was he afraid of someone judging him? All his sibling Gods loved him, so why would they judge him...?

Or maybe they didn't?

Maybe they wanted to destroy him, out of jealousy?!

Maybe Father Ao plotted with them?!?!

Maybe Ao was actually a giant sausage...? 

Ixthalizzum didn't have dominion over sausages! He was powerless against such a thing. He needed an ace in the hole! A new Avatar to do... things! Things in the world!

And why?

Because...

-CREATE AVATAR: Ixthalizzum begins concentrating his power into a horrifying new being to do... actually I’m not fully sure what he’ll be doing with it, to be honest. It’s probably important! Probably. (10/20AP spent)

-SEND VISION?: I dunno. The brain-message sent to the farmer seems kind of interesting from an RP perspective so I guess I’d like it canon and as a warning to the the Adamantites? (1AP)

No AP left.

Edited by Catostrophy

Orix, Lord of Corruption
------------------

Awoken from an eternity of slumber, or perhaps born anew, Orix knew not, and he cared even less. Once he was asleep, or he was nothing, or neither. Now, a breath into the eternal void, existence.... The Lord of Corruption, custodian of perfection, gazed upon the ‘World Sphere’ and all of the creations of his inferior siblings. It was a pathetic sight indeed. The mortals scurried about the surface aimlessly, for meaningless causes, in pursuit of meaningless goals, to please worthless gods. It lacked perfection..

The longer Orix viewed the world sphere, the more disgusted he became. Perhaps his siblings had not failed entirely.. Beyond the reach of the sphere, the crystalline moon hung. Inhabited by various creatures, Orix enjoyed them immensely, but they would not do... He ripped through the spheres crust, into the vast caverns and underpaths buried beneath it, in search of a being that would fit his needs. Could it be true that they had all failed, is perfection or even a glimpse of it so hard to obtain? Then, a certain breed caught his attention. These Khepri, they were not perfect, but they were close.

His attention garnered, Orix more closely examined these peculiar creatures. He walked throughout the hive’s tunnels, a mass, unrecognizable, sifting through the dirt and shadows. At random, the curious god would emerge, devouring a worker drone in a mass of tentacles, before returning to the shadows. Scattered among the many sections of the underpaths, they fought and squabbled, just like their contemporaries on the surface. At this the god seethed, none were spared from this instance imperfection! It could not be possible but somehow it was!

This would not do. This was an injustice that must be corrected. The creations of his siblings would be made perfect.. His being buried deep into the surface until it came upon what he searched for. A Khepri queen in her second stage with a larger than average hive and several smaller queens under her yoke, not immortal, she would not be succumbing to the desires of Skatal any time soon, nor would she have the reserves to fool hardily embark on a quest to achieve the third Khepri stage. Not too strong, but not weak. A perfect candidate...

With a plan formulating, the God of corruption began to work. Deep within the underpaths, he melded together a single creature, a new creature. One that would hopefully impart his will onto the world sphere, most effectively.  After hours of work, it was finished, just how Orix had intended. A flash of light, and the tiny insects within his presence sprung to life. At this Orix was overjoyed! A being of perfection on the world sphere! Now, it was time to act! Quickly the first group was released into the nearby Khepri hive, and Orix would later create several other small pockets throughout the world.

------
 The Orz’Karix

The Orz’Karix is a large, magical, parasitic millipede. They are native to the underpaths where they can travel largely invisible, but are also found in heavily forested areas where moss can be found to grow on their dorsal region, offering a layer of camouflage. Orz’Karix are largely indistinguishable from regular millipedes, being only slightly larger on average (10-18in), with the biggest of their kind becoming as large as 30 inches in length, though is extremely rare. Orz’Karix are by no means stupid insects, their ‘brains’ are abnormally complex and their intelligence could be comparable to a crow or raven. In terms of combat, Orz’Karix are relatively formidable. They are as fast as millipedes come and have a pair of very powerful mandibles which secrete a fast acting paralytic venom, the venom alone is powerful enough to paralyze a Nyren or other larger creatures for hours on end. This allows the creature to neutralize their foe quickly before either devouring it, or using it as a host. Despite this, its armor is particularly lackluster. Because of this, Orz’Karix resort to ambushes or surprise attacks in order to catch their victims and quickly paralyze them. In terms of reproduction, Orz Karix reproduce faster than many, and slower than others through the regular way. Hosts can occasionally be used to create large breeding pods where thousands of eggs are stored and released at once.

Though such a glorious creature already, there is far more to the Orz’Karix, namely their (magical) parasitic capabilities. Upon paralyzing larger animals, Nyren, or Khepri, Orz’Karix enter their parasitic stage. They burrow into the paralyzed creature, releasing magical fluids from their body which essentially ‘corrupts’ the organism. The insect takes full control of the organisms brain, essentially hijacking the being. From here, the hosts’ body can be used for a number of purposes. Though normally, the being’s body is ‘rewired’ large growths and mutations begin to form on its body, which secrete the same magical fluid, and the body begins producing specific proteins or nutrients for rapid growth. From this point, the host is directed to attack other organisms, or do whatever the controlling Orz’Karix sees fit. Should a host attack another being, it is easily possible for them to infect their foe with the fluid and spread the Orz’Karix’s control over more and more organisms. Once an organism is infected, the controlling Orz’Karix gains a small portion of the infected brain’s power, though no where near on par with how it originally was. This increases as more organisms are infected, and theoretically an Orz’Karix could become as intelligent as or smarter than a Nyren or other sentient being should it acquire enough biomass. If a single Orz’Karix has managed to infect more than 1 host, its control is exerted onto the other infected through the same means as a Khepri Queen would control her drones.

A single Orz’Karix
9hLZuzcxiZ8J7QHvVzx_P4f6EvGfv8GwE8CXh-h-Q3Z5yfOBU33ukK9i7ln-uaicS05zqAeValkrTifRDw2-Ca1FGPSJWC5BOczLnBQV341EY0Gl8odK0jtznznW8E6aMdmq3rDx

6 AP- Create Animal: The Orz’Karix are created and distributed in small pockets within the underpaths as well as the forests within Adamant.

2 AP- Orix conserves his divine power, for use on a later date.

0 AP- Create Avatar: The Lord of Corruption condenses additional power, granted from the Overgod Ao himself! A mighty avatar of unmatched corrupting power to be described and commanded later is formed in some deep, empty cavern within the Underpaths.