SeventhCircle

Land Allocation (Freebuild vs Charter) [Your View]

Land Allocation Systems  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Which system do you like? (Read below to get the full understanding)

• Pure Freebuild
    • Pure Charter
    • Hybrid
    • Other (Please comment it below!)

Hi, folk’s today the wd team wants to hear from yall about where you’d like to see the future of land allocation go. With our recent activity collection plugin being implemented It’s now quite viable for a charter system as in the past. But we also see the value in open-ended free build which is why 7.0 is currently positioned to accommodate either system or some combination of both. This is where we want your thoughts on the matter we have a few ideas ourselves and I’ll outline them below but feel free to propose novel solutions as well!

First some ground rules,

All land in the CT ring is closed to building

A limited and dispersed amount of land is available in the Civil Ring,

Finally most land in the wild ring is open but there are more restricted areas to protect some builds

The simple break down of the options

1, All available land is set up for free build, Similar to Atlas

2, All land is a chartered region where a group applies for a certain sized area and with signatures is granted it. Then they are subject to meeting activity requirements or risk losing it.

3, A combination of both, All land in the Civil ring must be chartered while everything in the wilds is open for all. This system certainly has the most flexibility and would let us enjoy some of the benefits of both systems. The biggest drawback would be the fact two systems is of course more complex for implementation.

Right so I'm on my phone so excuse any errors in this.

But anyways, the thing is with free build,  it's good to some extent, like, sure, setting up a little camp on the outskirts of a settlement, that's fine and dandy, but shoving up a full fortress in the matter of ten wily minutes with schematica is a trash concept. Freebuild this map, I feel delved rp from centralizing in the tiled, main settlements. With a charter system, there's a better chance of avoiding Freebuild land scarring, griefing, and pvp hobbit holes with illegal traps. And the people who want their special settlement of one commander, some knight, and some poor sod roped into being a servant, can have that, they'd just have to be active, or say, their settlement falls into ruin. Overall, with a charter system with good upkeep, set in stone, good rules, and something to accurately tell activity, it could work.

Edited by ChaseusBelli

imagine wanting all freebuild

brought to you by charter gang

Middle fingers in the air, pointed towards Freebuild.

Should bring back the pillar system from Anthos, it was a good charter like system.

Remove all charters, all nation plots, and all Freebuild and have us be roleplaying in empty wilderness. That would fix our issues with roleplay cliques simply by not having any communities exist at all.

Many new groups started as freebuild.

Have a mix. Free build out in the wild, charters in the civil region

I’m a big number #2

If the land is chartered it means you actually have to work to acquire it. It requires a certain amount of dedication to get a group together or to just pay for the land in general, much more dedication than it requires to just grab a random area off of freebuild.

The problems with freebuild is that they’re inactive. At least with charters there’s a high chance of those settlements being active, because you actually have to dedicate some effort into getting the land in the first place.

Hybrid is the way to go. Have the freebuild area out in the borders of the map if need be, as long as it is there for those who like it.

Personally not a fan of Freebuilds, I believe that you should gain the land IC or have a certain amount of people to support you before being able to randomly build. Charter system would honestly work better in my opinion, have some applications for people to gain a piece of land if they have

1. Gained the Land through IC, meaning being given a piece of a nations area.
  2. Have a certain amount of people supporting them in the build and roleplay

This’d be the best way to get rid of all those ugly ass castles on Atlas

Definitely do not have land taken away if people don’t meet activity requirements, I remember that ******* pillar system, it was actual cancer...

Option 2 pls.  Freebuild is for gays without *****

13 minutes ago, MCVDK said:

Personally not a fan of Freebuilds, I believe that you should gain the land IC or have a certain amount of people to support you before being able to randomly build. Charter system would honestly work better in my opinion, have some applications for people to gain a piece of land if they have

1. Gained the Land through IC, meaning being given a piece of a nations area.
  2. Have a certain amount of people supporting them in the build and roleplay

This’d be the best way to get rid of all those ugly ass castles on Atlas

I believe there are plenty players who prefer not to live under a Nation, and those players will want their own homes to keep their things. I fall into this category personally.

I go out and build a house in free build to keep my **** and occasionally roleplay in. In essence it’s not much different to having a plot full of mostly unused houses in a nation tile.