The War for Oblivion

TheDragonsRoost

The bell began to toll loudly across the small town of Dalrak. It was a church bell that rang loudly, however, but it did not ring out in joyous ding-dong as it normally did. It rang out in solemn tones as if someone had just passed away, attracting the townspeople to the church and gathering all to the funeral procession. It was a special kind of funeral where a magician of great renown had passed away, his body now spilling all of its powerful magic into the church. The funeral of this great wizard was one of many that were all lined up to be set throughout the day, though the funeral processors cleared the whole two hours for this wizard out of sheer respect for him.

He fought in the war that was being fought all over the world, one of the last great generals of the gods that ruled over this fragile world, and his army was beginning to lose with his passing. No one knew how he died, save for one being who coincidentally attended his funeral. The name of this wizard would have been etched into the history books of the multiverse forever, but there was a sinister plan in motion to kill all who attended this great wizard-general’s funeral. No magic in the multiverse could protect these innocent funeralgoers, save for one.

The one magic that this war began over.

Oblivion Magic. The magic of Creation and Destruction on a massive scale.

In the whole room where the funeral was taking place, there was only two wizards that could do such magic. One of them laid in a coffin, dead, and the other was very much alive. This other wizard had been alive for countless millennia, but he looked so much younger than that. He couldn’t have been much older than nineteen years old, but he had been fighting in the same war as the wizard-general though for much longer. The wizard knew of the sinister plot ahead of time, but how he knew was not easily known to the people inside of the church. They did not know what forces he commanded or just how powerful he truly was, but he and the wizard-general both knew just how dangerously powerful he was. This powerful wizard had told the wizard-general what he was capable of doing as the war raged on. Even saved his life on multiple occasions, this wizard did.

But he did not predict that the wizard-general was not a proper vessel for Oblivion Magic. That would prove to be this great general’s downfall as the forces that governed this magical school tore through his soul like a massive tsunami hitting the coast of a very small island. Though this wizard was capable enough to slay any creature he came across, he knew that he could not outright attack them.

There were rules he certainly had to follow.

Rules that if broken or violated would spell the downfall of many more people than this war had taken.

There were explosions outside and they were getting ever-so-closer to the church where the funeral had began. The wizard had retrieved a small pocket watch and opened it, checking the time. He’d mutter something unintelligible as he closed the pocket watch, placing it back inside of his pocket. This was mere moments before the room had exploded into wooden fragments, killing some of the funeralgoers.

The war had reached the funeral and this event was known to pass to a certain wizard.

He pulled out his wand amidst the smoke cloud of the explosion, igniting it with a small purple glow. The magic used in the explosion, he recognized, was pyromancy. Specifically, it was a fire spell of firebomb, but it was an attack nonetheless. The wizard muttered something in a strange and ancient language and a spell was cast nearly seconds later. The spell had been a teleportation spell for the rest of the survivors, save for the caster himself. He did not flee, but this was when he began to change quite rapidly. To those who were innocent, he made himself look human completely and flawlessly. He loved that form, but he knew that he had to discard it for now.

The smoke began to clear and those who instigated the attack were horrified at the sight of the man. To them, they saw what he reconstructed himself to be. They saw his true form, a man who had skin of the astral plane and eyes that glew emerald green. He looked powerful and he was powerful. Powerful enough to destroy the whole multiverse if he so wanted.

They saw what the third Lord of Creation looked like and the fear they felt was astronomical. The attackers had no idea that they faced real certain death at the hands of the second most powerful wizard in all of Creation and it had certainly terrified them to the core. Men, women, and children alike in the attacking party didn’t even notice it, but their bodies began to drop to the ground. There was nothing to do when you face the third Lord of Creation in all history and when he starts dropping bodies en masse. Not one of the attackers survived, physically and spiritually. The third Lord of Creation had slaughtered them all and destroyed their souls in the process as he was full of rage that burned through the Oblivion Realm and fanned with the foreknowledge of the attack.

He was a time traveler and he knew that this war was going to make noise around the multiverse. He just didn’t know how it would, but he had to figure out how to stop the war from spreading to other worlds. It was his job throughout the war and it was still his job now.

For gods shall fall when he is enraged.

((The Shifting Tear event is a continuation of this story, though it does not involve the Lord of Creation. If you wish to help act this out, PM me over discord. Thanks, -TheDragonsRoost))

1 hour ago, TheDragonsRoost said:

(The Shifting Tear event is a continuation of this story, though it does not involve the Lord of Creation. If you wish to help act this out, PM me over discord. Thanks, -TheDragonsRoost))

so you’re telling me, that you want an event based on a literal third of a god you yourself made up, one that posseses ******* TIME TRAVEL and the ability to thanos snap people out of existance. You’re also telling me, that this event will be based on saving some “multiverse” from a giant war. And to add icing on the cake, YOU WANT IT TO BE A SPECIAL SOLO EVENT JUST FOR YOU SO YOU CAN FINNALY CLAIM YOUR SOOO DESIRED SPOT AS PROTAGONIST.

1 hour ago, TheDragonsRoost said:

The attackers had no idea that they faced real certain death at the hands of the second most powerful wizard in all of Creation and it had certainly terrified them to the core.

ps thanks for recognising your place below Dargo

I’m really sick of all these Main Character Syndrome posts. You need to realize that no one is the hero or protagonist on LotC.

Gods, or creature with powers so magnificent that typical players can not truly hope to stand a chance are incredibly stunting and disappointing. They’re what make many antags unapproachable and requiring a special snowflake group or a singular special snowflake turns all of the events into a theme park ride and a really, REALLY shitty one at that. You’ve stepped beyond the notion of gods and have, from what I can tell, literally attempted to apply a power akin to a God of Gods. I won’t turn this criticism against you on a personal level but, these sorts of events and ideas are precisely what the ET should not be doing. Ever.

You have been denied as an ET and still you try to do some stupid over powered event only a really good ET should try and do, don’t do this and just do something more normal with a normal character like every normal person would do

Actually, the Lord of Creation character isn’t going to come to LotC and its an open event therefore no protagonists. I’m not involving overpowered characters in this universe as I don’t want that for this server. The lore for this universe is complicated at the very least without the OP characters.

The whole premise of this backstory is to give an exciting perspective of how the tear came to be and to prevent normal characters from entering this alternate timeline. I certainly don’t want people able to shift into it and “accidentally” pop into a god-war scenario. Besides, the only characters that cross from that alternate timeline are normal wizard characters (Voidal primarily) and any innocent people caught in the crossfire of this war-torn world.

Besides, anything’s possible with magic xD right? Might as well as mess with Alternate Timeline storylines ?

Just now, TheDragonsRoost said:

Besides, anything’s possible with magic xD right? Might as well as mess with Alternate Timeline storylines ?

Shut it DOWN right NOW

please keep the alternate timeline narratives to those books you’re writing or whatever

8 minutes ago, TheDragonsRoost said:

No, time travel is impossible on LOTC, we don't have DnD 3.5e wizard levels of magic.

1 minute ago, Mavromino said:

No, time travel is impossible on LOTC, we don't have DnD 3.5e wizard levels of magic.

In this Alternate Timeline, Chronomancy exists. Dunno why, but it does.

Maybe because it is a completely different timeline than our own?

This is not even related to the server RP from what I could tell, probably why it is in creative writing. It seems your personal dislike for Dragon is the only reason you’re here. And not to read a semi good story, but just to lash out. You people sure are dense.

1 minute ago, Vorgraven said:

This is not even related to the server RP from what I could tell, probably why it is in creative writing. It seems your personal dislike for Dragon is the only reason you’re here. And not to read a semi good story, but just to lash out. You people sure are dense.

did you read the part when he said he wanted this to be the backstory on the solo event he’s trying to make the ET do for him...?

30 minutes ago, TheDragonsRoost said:

Actually, the Lord of Creation character isn’t going to come to LotC and its an open event therefore no protagonists. I’m not involving overpowered characters in this universe as I don’t want that for this server. The lore for this universe is complicated at the very least without the OP characters.

4 minutes ago, LtBepis said:

did you read the part when he said he wanted this to be the backstory on the solo event he’s trying to make the ET do for him...?

I did, doesn’t say it is going to be an RP event. Maybe time to give the guy a break?

4 hours ago, TheDragonsRoost said:

((The Shifting Tear event is a continuation of this story, though it does not involve the Lord of Creation. If you wish to help act this out, PM me over discord. Thanks, -TheDragonsRoost))

There it is. If you look trough the guys’ post history he posted an ET request just for himself a few days ago

1 minute ago, LtBepis said:

There it is. If you look trough the guys’ post history he posted an ET request just for himself a few days ago

And if you had seen his later post you had noticed he decided to not bring this event here. Do continue digging for crappy excuses to lash on this poor man, like you all have for almost a month? If not more.

stop attacking dragonsroost and leave the past behind, whatever he posts at this point you dogs sick on him instead of taking the time to read through, but when someone takes the time to read through his stuff on Creative Writing sub-forum, everyone does it just to find a flaw on it, have some decency and try to see it with different eyes.

If we want to actually avoid something that isn’t reasonable being brought to the server, why don’t we attack the end game magics instead of a single person; it’s a reality that people are lenient with, not a theory or something in paper.