The Rise of Oblivion

TheDragonsRoost

Sometimes you don’t want to believe it. That magic exists and that it is dangerous for all people.

With this kind of magic, it couldn’t be any more true. Beasts made from the corpses of those who are long since dead and Oblivion Energy exist, but there are those who fight these beasts to save the world. I don’t know where or how this magic first began, but its power is astronomical at the very least. It allows for self-regeneration and the murder of the caster’s very soul, unable to be revived by any magic that needs a soul. This magic turns the casters into pure psychopaths, even sociopathic in some cases, but strangely enough, not me.

I’m the only exception to the rules and even I do not know why that I am.

Maybe it’s because I was once human?

Or maybe because I died and was brought back with it?

Regardless, this magic is dangerous to all people. Across the Multiverse, Oblivion Magic has spread and destroyed many lives in the process. Now, it has its sights on a strange world in the farthest corner of the Multiverse. This world has no technological progression outside of the Middle Ages and relies heavily on magic. Strange versions of Necromancy, Pyromancy, Thergist, and quite a few other schools exist on this world, but none that I recognize. Schools of three types exist in this world:

-Voidal: Magic that draws energy from a separate plane of reality and leaves the caster physically weakened once a spell is casted.

-Deity: Magic that is either given freely or blessed upon the followers of specific deities, given dominion over certain parts of Creation. It just seems to leave the caster exhausted from what I’ve read.

-Dark: Magic that replies upon the soul of caster and is a force to be reckoned with. Not too hard to face against these creatures, but they better pray that Oblivion Magic doesn’t spread here...

I hope that someone reads this because if you do, prepare your blades and magical weapons. Oblivion Magic is a hard magical force that cannot be stopped completely and all it wants is the complete destruction of all life in the Multiverse. Barely anything can slow it down, so I hope you are all ready to fight this force head-on. As far as I’m aware, only one thing stands in the way of your world being taken over by Oblivion: Me.

I’m the third Lord of Creation.

A GodSlayer and the second most powerful being in all of Creation.

But even I don’t have infinite power.

It’s coming, residents of Atlas....

and it’s hungry. 

-(+)=(+)-

DISCLAIMER: This story is NOT CANON to LotC universe at all. Just a fun story to read.

without patronizing i’m seeing a lot of good coming out of the stuff you’ve been working with and tweaking over time
good luck

55 minutes ago, Auriel_ said:

without patronizing i’m seeing a lot of good coming out of the stuff you’ve been working with and tweaking over time
good luck

Thank you! I’m hoping to make the Oblivion Magic submission when I can, but right now, it’s a WIP and will need a lot of revising and such. I hope to make it good for all ?

This manages to be more power-grabbing and self-protagonizing than HedgeHug’s MArts...

And that, friend, is a hard thing to do.

A’ight FRIEND, lemme just lay out some points so you can get them in your stupid square head, aye?

1. The last thing LOTC needs is lore for multiverses and OP deities

2. This post implies that there are higher tech ‘universes’, which in the long run lead to LOTC becoming a scifi server

3.  This magic doesn’t seem to have any theme, just an attempt for a powergrab that doesn’t add onto the current magic system, which is flawed in it’s own right. Let’s fix our current lore before ******* it over with new OP ****, yeah?

4. When writing a story that clearly involves Lotc’s universe, please use regular lore or atleast put a disclaimer or something, new players going on the forum might get confused by your garbage