[✗] [New Metal] Deep Iron

welshnutter

Deep Iron

Ingotiron.png.788f468e3532c55292a297b8aebf66f3.png 
Rarity: Rare
Color: Matt black with waves of shiny black
Value: Valuable
Note: This mineral cannot be obtained via standard mining, this is purely a lore mineral.
Obtaining this metal is costly and dangerous as you need to mine the ores from the deepist depths you can possibly go.
It is a very tough and very light metal and can retain a sharp edge for a very long time. The durability of this metal makes it great for tools but very good for armour and swords

Founders

The smithing guild of agnarum

Gimli "Gimler" Metalfist

Balrog "Tunnelrat" Grandaxe

Tesel Silvervein Hammerforge

Bwelch Azaghul

Aridan Grandaxe

Belestram Sylvaeri

Vagronda anvilaxe 

Origins

The dwarfs of the smithing guild of Agnarum noticed just how some of the iron from deep in the mines looked off and didn't behave like the common iron we all know. This iron would normally just get thrown away but this time they decided to look in to it.

They tried to work it like any normal metal but noticed that it seems to compact itself down thus needing more ore just to make a single ingot. after noticing that i will take a lot more than a normal forge to make this ingot they began work on a better forge, when they were able to finally make a ingot it took 10 ore chunks just to make a single ingot and extreme heat but once in a ingot it became extremely resistant to heat and surprisingly light thus making it hard to reforge in to items.

Forging

To forge this metal it required extreme heat to the point where the smith doing it would have to wear a protective suit or treated leather as well as having someone apply water to cool them down often.

Once the metal is up to heat, A new piece of equipment that Agnarums resident inventor. (Bwelch Azaghul) had made a "Power hammer " needs to be used to draw out the metal in to blank or armour piece or tool head as no-one can stand close enough to forge out the metal.  

Sword use

Once in a blank form the smith will grind out the sharp edges with a pure quartz grindstone turning at high speeds, the smith then go about tempering the blade the water used is brought in from the top of a mountain where it is very cold and contains little to no impurities the blank in.

The blank which now can be classed as a blade is heated back up and tempered.  

It then goes back to the grindstone to finish off the sharpening as well as polishing the blade.

The blade now has a very unique look being matt black with waves of shiny black running through the blade also the blade is also very light.  

Armour use

Once the armour plate is formed the piece is reheated and placed in water from a top a mountain to strengthen the piece one last time the piece is then polished to reveal the unique pattern in the metal (thus cannot be formed in to a solid breast plate as the metal don't flex much and would restrict movement too much)

Tool head

Once formed in to the tool head it is then ground down on a grindstone at high speed to sharpen the edges and then tempered in water from on top of a mountain.  It then goes back to the grindstone to polish and finish sharpening this will reveal the unique pattern of the metal.

Looks amazing! +1

+1 for a new metal to be smithed by Dwarves

+1 Because you’re a fellow Welsh lad

Edited by TheNanMan2000

Despite the grammar mistakes and lack of detail, I actually support the idea of an end game metal takes that ridiculous amounts of raw ore to create. I also like the fact that you cannot make breastplates with this, because a full set of armour would be too OP

Huh been awhile since ive seen any new metals being added, besides a few simple things with the wording I do like it as a smith irp
+1

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 1 and a half weeks, give or take a day or two.

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

This Lore has been denied. The biggest issue with the lore is the requirement of the “special” tool, along with the fact that the metal isn’t really different from other things that already exist. I suggest also having someone proofread the lore if you try and resubmit to fix some of the minor errors in the writing itself.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.