Accounts of the Attack of Haelun’or

Silver_State

Accounts of the Attack of Haelun’or

As written by Amras Yavelty

As I arrive from my most recent travels I’m confronted with the destroyed gate of our blessed city in Haelun’or. The gates were pulled and bent by some colossal force which until this day is still unconfirmed.

The only Mali’Aheral who witnessed such explosion were Vulnir and Dyonne which encountered the recently destroyed gate after hearing, what they described to be, an explosion. To no surprise the forces who perpetrated such act headed to Malinor where both Vulnir and myself saw the great creatures standing around 11 feet tall and a dreadful and horrifying appearance. As Vulnir and me hurried back to our beloved city we were relieved to see both Kalenz, a powerful master of telekinesis and our golem Aeon which wielded a mighty battle hammer for good measure. Kalenz quickly ordered all the adult Mali’aheral to take up weapons and march to Malinor to aid in what was left of the battle.

I quickly went into my residence and blew the dust from my bow and gathered as many arrows as I could find, hoping they were still sharp enough to hurt such creatures that awaited us in Malinor.

As the small company of Vulnir, Safrill, Aeon, Kalenz, and myself arrived at the main gates of Malinor we could only see what was left of a great struggle between the Malinor guard and the two terrible creatures. To our content no Mali’aheral blood was to be spilled as one of the creatures had been slain and the other ran its way to the North followed by what was left of the Malinor defense.

As we headed back to our cihi and the bright of day gave way to the sacred night a strange presence was felt. As we approached the gates my mind seemed to be filled by an unfamiliar thought, a dark and soft voice crept through my head and seemed to be powered by the cool breeze of that night. Kalenz shouted “Get ready Mali’aheral for that being is not far.” Indeed we could see shadows lurking in the forest. Vulnir, Safrill, and myself headed to the towers while Aeon stood below and Kalenz just behind him.

We kept watch all night but nothing could be seen. Day arrived and we still felt uneasy. We drank and ate as Kalenz deduced this creature could come again at night. Night approached and once again we took our positions now with the help of another archer, Ceruberr. We kept the children safe inside the walls and prepared for an imminent attack. Suddenly the voice appeared in our heads again. This time I managed to get some composure and write down its words as I heard them in fear: “Blessed are those who walk in the Light… Sanctified are those who can walk with their shadow… For their path shall not stray, their step shall not falter… Never journeying alone…… In the brightness or dark.” As these words were uttered a dark figure began approaching and Safrill gave the word to aim at the being. Aeon lowered his hammer and Kalenz concentrated what seemed to be some energy in his hands. I have never seen Kalenz use his abilities, I just knew he was a mage because I was told.

The creature approached and Kalenz began to move one of the logs that was resting on the ground probably to hurl it at the figure, yet the being was smart enough to use its dark powers to levitate to a height similar to the wall. I was the first to fire, but the arrow seemed to have no effect or perhaps I missed, but so did every arrow released that night. The being was dark as the night sky absent of stars and its shape was hard to decipher but as Kalenz emitted a light using his own powers the creature retreated.It was then that we realized its weakness was light. The night was beginning to fade and the morning light covered Haelun’or in safety.

Edited by Fihalen