Xarkly

Words of Peace

Spoiler

Image result for forum thread divider

Image result for snowstorm art

After the parley between the Red Vaeyl Order and Empire of Man were interrupted, a lone, unarmed Vaeyl approached the palisades of the Crow’s Nest, hailed the guard, and delivered a letter – the parchment already stiff with frost. It held writing in a cursive hand in deep woad ink, but written in the Common language. It read:

YOU WILL LIFT YOUR ATTEMPT TO SIEGE LASTHOPE

YOU WILL RETURN TO YOUR STOLEN LANDS

YOU WILL BE GIVEN TIME TO GATHER THE LAST OF YOUR STOLEN FOOD

YOU WILL LEAVE ATLAS

IF YOU REFUSE, THE YATL BLIZZARD WILL GROW TO SWALLOW ALL INVADER LANDS. YOU WILL STARVE. YOUR PEOPLE WILL STARVE. YOUR CHILDREN WILL STARVE.

IF YOU FIGHT, YOU WILL DIE

THE ORDER HAS A WEAPON REMAINING

The parchment was stamped with the White Eye slashed with red. It was beneath the stamp that six letters were written in sharp block capitals:

T H A R A X

Redvaeyl.png

Image result for forum thread divider

Monsignor Wigbrecht shook his head “If you expect us to surrender, you know not of the power of Humanity.”

A lone entity sits beneath Endmoor, waiting. A chance for communication at hand, if he was able to leave, he might be able to change the fate...

Utaria counted the Sutican stocks several times over, becoming increasingly distraught. Comparing the numbers to the number of citizens, she purses her lips and says, “We’ve done so much will it be enough?”

September’s Paragon travels the darkways with a Druii. They stand tall, ready to end this once and for all.

With a sigh, Safhara sat down and began to tailor a warm winter coat for Lady Vesna. 

Edited by BlueBudgie

Captain Ronin reads a copy of the letter. He crumples it up and throws it in the bonfire nearby, its heat barely melting the snow that falls on the city street. He looks down as his wool cloak flaps in the wind, upon the army of Curon that marches in rank and file, and the few Arborians left joining their brothers. 

“Damn them. Damn them all. We’ve cut through fire, we shall cut through frost. Let them come, and let them fall on cobblestone streets, the streets our forefathers laid for us here on Atlas.”

"...they will not end the siege, their pride is too heavy and they see themselves as the ones in the right. Thus in turn, their actions will determine the fate of all of us, including those who seek peace, and the children born upon Atlas soil,”

Elvira would murmur to herself, sat within the private confines of her home. A soft yet grim expression on her face. She’d swirl the mug of mocha she had in her only hand, deep in thought. 

There is no choice for the majority of us who do not wish for this violence, only the actions of the Empire and their self-rightous thoughts shall determine our fate and condemn us... I should have kept on investigating the matter with the Vaeyl, try to push for a peaceful resolution on both sides, and does not condemn us to suffering and grief... I know how the Vaeyl feels, even if I am young in comparison to them. They and the Ascended do have a lot in common, and I know their pain. But there must be another way.”

With her decision made, Elvira goes to stand up, her mocha undrank. The Ascended departing away as she goes to contact some old friends.

Rolien begins preparing a large sled for his demigryph to pull him along upon. During this he'd begin to loud up large eggs and wrap blankets around them and set bags of grains about it. “**** this ****... I'm out!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bolon would grumble knowing his nature was possibly soon to be lost. Everything he loves about it and maybe even the animals with it. He'd begin work on a cave and a lot of plant life for it that loved the cold. He'd also begin to move smaller creatures inside... mostly foxes and chickens it seems

1 hour ago, Farryn said:

"...they will not end the siege, their pride is too heavy and they see themselves as the ones in the right. Thus in turn, their actions will determine the fate of all of us, including those who seek peace, and the children born upon Atlas soil,”

Elvira would murmur to herself, sat within the private confines of her home. A soft yet grim expression on her face. She’d swirl the mug of mocha she had in her only hand, deep in thought. 

There is no choice for the majority of us who do not wish for this violence, only the actions of the Empire and their self-rightous thoughts shall determine our fate and condemn us... I should have kept on investigating the matter with the Vaeyl, try to push for a peaceful resolution on both sides, and does not condemn us to suffering and grief... I know how the Vaeyl feels, even if I am young in comparison to them. They and the Ascended do have a lot in common, and I know their pain. But there must be another way.”

With her decision made, Elvira goes to stand up, her mocha undrank. The Ascended departing away as she goes to contact some old friends.

Coltaine sits with nothing in the middle of nowhere as he recalls the many times the Vaeyl Order had attacked and murdered innocent southern people alongside the blatant lying and manipulation they had displayed. Butchering the simple adventures that had first set out to map the waste. Even such an evil creature as he could realize the Vaeyl Order was in the wrong, going so far as to try and wipe out all descendant life on the continent.