Unwillingly

Unwritten Rules

4 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

Fort Stronk is being evicted for being within 50 blocks of a nation tile, check the freebuild rules and there is nothing referencing such a rule.

This was a rule back when I was  with the Outer Haven initiative in may or so. Pretty widespread and well known then, not sure why it would be lesser knowledge now.

A previous rule still can still be inforced which I cannot currently find on the forums is.

"If someone has to leave during a roleplay scenario, the roleplay is paused until all parties can resume from where they left off unless agreed upon otherwise"

Aka, if you're in important rp and someone requires to leave for a few hours or the night the rp will resume when all members are back online. 

Unless someone can point this rule out to me, I am unable to find it.

22 minutes ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

A previous rule still unforced which I cannot currently find on the forums is.

"If someone has to leave during a roleplay scenario, the roleplay is paused until all parties can resume from where they left off unless agreed upon otherwise"

Aka, if you're in important rp and someone requires to leave for a few hours or the night the rp will resume when all members are back online. 

Unless someone can point this rule out to me, I am unable to find it.

Killing people offline is common sense don't try to think that this isn't just known by 90% of lotc players 

5 minutes ago, GrimReaper98 said:

Killing people offline is common sense don't try to think that this isn't just known by 90% of lotc players 

Unless you are a certain someone.

Idk dude I once saw someone get a perma for something they said in voice and never actually did.... don't think there's a rule on that?

3 hours ago, shiftnative said:

I think this server desperately needs to focus on ways of reducing the absurd amount of rules and necessity of GM’s.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/100077-through-the-eyes-of-a-virgin/

We’re not in 2018, we’re somehow still behind 2013

4 hours ago, SovietReindeer said:

I had to put up an eviction on a free build 3 days ago for that 50-100 block rule if that means anything for you Jandy.

1. It was simply a mistake, I modreq’s asking to be pointed to where the rule was and neither the mod nor I could find it.
  2. After thinking on the issue a bit I image that the issue that was being discussed was about how exactly to interpret and handle the rule. The fort was in a peculiar position because it wasn’t within the tile that was captured but it also (and more importantly) wasn’t built while the tile was owned by somebody else. 
  3. The situation has finally been resolved with Corpean relocating the Fort to a new position.

Just showing that the freebuild rules have not been edited in a while

image.png

I remember when we had that giant debate about maps with radar. Man that was chaotic.

12 hours ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

I’ve never seen a rule about needing 3 emotes to draw, aim & shoot a bow, but it always looked like common sense to everyone. I’m sure there’s more stuff like this which really can be confusing. 

This. This should be written down so every new player who tries to use a bow isn’t yelled at.

15 hours ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

I’ve never seen a rule about needing 3 emotes to draw, aim & shoot a bow, but it always looked like common sense to everyone. I’m sure there’s more stuff like this which really can be confusing.

2 hours ago, jyecarson said:

This. This should be written down so every new player who tries to use a bow isn’t yelled at.

As a note, I don’t think it should be given it’s own rule, but it should be used as an example under powergaming since that is what the rule would be. If we made it it’s own rule, we’d need to put up a rule about every other small incident with weapons and such, but as an example under powergaming would be helpful.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:17 AM, Sky said:

As a note, I don’t think it should be given it’s own rule, but it should be used as an example under powergaming since that is what the rule would be. If we made it it’s own rule, we’d need to put up a rule about every other small incident with weapons and such, but as an example under powergaming would be helpful.

I know this reply is a little late, but why not just state that bows take 3 emotes, shields take x number of emotes, and any other common weapon takes 2? 

4 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

I know this reply is a little late, but why not just state that bows take 3 emotes, shields take x number of emotes, and any other common weapon takes 2? 

Because that’s not a rule on it’s own, it’s part of powergaming, but if it gets added I don’t much mind. I’ve no horses in this race.

12 minutes ago, Sky said:

Because that’s not a rule on it’s own, it’s part of powergaming, but if it gets added I don’t much mind. I’ve no horses in this race.

Yeah but to be fair, most people think of powergaming as forcing your emotes upon someone else, not requiring to do more emotes. I suggest bringing it up as a new clarification. It could be simply. Just categorize weapons for combat.

Bows/All ranged firing weapons of any kind take 3 emotes
Melee/common weapons take 2, one to draw and the other to strike
Shields of any kind take 2

simple