Unwillingly

Unwritten Rules

Gonna make this short and simple because I’m short on time.

Unwritten rules: There are many, most of you know this. People have been banned for a rule they’ve not been aware even exists, or have been punished for it in some way. Of course, there was just a rule rewrite which certainly did shine some light on these unwritten rules, but there’s still so many left that haven’t been added yet GMs are enforcing. I don’t think we expect GMs to sit down for hours and write down every single little rule, however if you’re going to enforce a certain rule, it either needs to be added into the rules, or not enforced onto players at all. Things need to be made visible to them if you expect them to follow the rules. 

I can’t think of any off the top of my head, unfortunately though if you guys could name some unwritten rules GMs have enforced in the past, shoot for it. 

I don’t see how anyone could disagree that the unwritten rules need to become written and officially acknowledged by the GM team. +1

I remember the time I got banned for something that wasn’t included in the rules way back in early Axios. I support any movement towards not having enforced rules not written down for players to see, so +1

Thank you for bringing this up Unwillingly. You may use this thread to identify any recent bans caused by unwritten rules and I will underline them to my team.

Legitimately curious what form of unwritten rules are being enforced on the server. Anyone care to divulge?

55 minutes ago, Temp said:

Legitimately curious what form of unwritten rules are being enforced on the server. Anyone care to divulge?

Fort Stronk is being evicted for being within 50 blocks of a nation tile, check the freebuild rules and there is nothing referencing such a rule.

40 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

Fort Stronk is being evicted for being within 50 blocks of a nation tile, check the freebuild rules and there is nothing referencing such a rule.

Why do you have to so completely and utterly disingenuous?

gxpu093.png

Look at the very bottom.

XEVl8qJ.png

Second line.

Actually yikes dude. People like you should be punished for being so deliberately misleading for the sake of stirring up fake controversy.

5 minutes ago, El Ricktador said:

Second line.

Actually yikes dude. People like you should be punished for being so deliberately misleading for the sake of stirring up fake controversy.

Looks new to me, when I modreq’d yesterday asking for a GM to show me where the rule was neither they nor I could find it. I was told that the ruling was currently being discussed.

1 minute ago, _Jandy_ said:

Looks new to me, when I modreq’d yesterday asking for a GM to show me where the rule was neither they nor I could find it. I was told that the ruling was currently being discussed.

Rule has been there for a while. 

5 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

So are you implying that the staff updated it and did not make a post to the bottom like has been done before?  In other words, they snuck this rule in. This is meant to be more believable than the thought that the GM in question and yourself simply didn’t look closely enough for the rule or that you were deliberately attempting to mislead.

Just give it up, dude. Admit you were lying to make a point.

The rule’s been there since the beginning of October when I read them and likely long before that.

Just now, El Ricktador said:

So are you implying that the staff updated it and did not make a post to the bottom like has been done before?  In other words, they snuck this rule in. This is meant to be more believable than the thought that the GM in question and yourself simply didn’t look closely enough for the rule or that you were deliberately attempting to mislead.

Just give it up, dude and admit you were lying to make a point.

The rule’s been there since the beginning of October when I read them and likely long before that.

Rule has been in place before that too, I remember modreqqing a gm about it months ago. 

I think this server desperately needs to focus on ways of reducing the absurd amount of rules and necessity of GM’s.

6 minutes ago, El Ricktador said:

So are you implying that the staff updated it and did not make a post to the bottom like has been done before? 

Perhaps I was wrong, neither Jollyb nor I found the rule yesterday. I was instead told that the rules were still a WIP and that the situation was being discussed.

I’ve never seen a rule about needing 3 emotes to draw, aim & shoot a bow, but it always looked like common sense to everyone. I’m sure there’s more stuff like this which really can be confusing.

2 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

Perhaps I was wrong, neither Jollyb nor I found the rule yesterday. I was instead told that the rules were still a WIP and that the situation was being discussed.

I had to put up an eviction on a free build 3 days ago for that 50-100 block rule if that means anything for you Jandy.