The Embers of the Cold

TheDragonsRoost

How does it feel?

Dreycon asked himself that question as he went home towards Sutica. It wasn’t much of a question, but when he set those crops on fire, something felt off about him. This feeling seemed to persist as the walk back to Sutica continued through the forests and the beautiful landscape. He was a firm believer in fate and the balance of the world, but after the encounter with the sprite and the whole arson, nothing felt familiar. It was almost like he had done something to himself that had yet to be revealed.

How does it feel?

It lingered in his mind. The only question he was unsure of on how to answer properly. His feelings were complicated at the beginning when he lost his family to elven warriors, making him an orphan. He guessed that it felt good?

How does it feel?

It didn’t go away. It was maddening to ask himself the same question in his mind over and over again, almost like a broken record. He sought out the forces of September as a way to figure out what was wrong with him and see if they had healers that could heal him, but all he found was a maddening feeling that consumed his mind.

How does it feel?

He prayed to GOD in the hopes that he’d find redemption, but his prayers were left unanswered. That question still left a mark in his mind that seemed to never go, searing itself into his very core.

How does it feel?

Dreycon smiled with a dark grin. It felt nice to get it out of its cage. The pent-up rage and fury that had been building over his life finally turned into a bonfire that had plenty of fuel to burn. The flame was a cold one, but his cold embers would wear away his sanity and turn him into a clear psychopath. He felt like some of his constraints had been shaken off of him, the ones that made him weak and insufferable. It would grant him power, but not the magical kind. Power, the type he had his eye on, was physical alone. He didn’t wish to give away control to anything but himself. The dream he had the night before last finally started to make sense.

It was a dream of fire that burned cold, but it would consume the world. Dreycon dreamed of a world without nature or descendants, but a world ravaged by the flames of war.

How does it feel to finally let me free, Dreycon? To finally let your inner demon burn through your mind and fill your veins with fire and fury?

I would just like to say that your talent really speaks louder than words and that I’m proud of all the strides you have made in your prose DragonsRoost. I look forward to the next rendition of this post or its continuation. Don’t lose hope, we all have inconsistencies and errors in our writing, some more glaring than others. But I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that with enough practice you could be among the greatest writers this server has seen. Perhaps you’ll even eclipse the writing prowess of the lore writer @Heero, who has worked on lore pieces that make up the backbone of many present or former magical creatures such as Gudour, Itharel, Keepers, Shades, and Dragons. Again, I hope that you continue with these posts because they add something this server lacks: Creativity.

I bid you adieu.