[Shelved][✓] Soul Trees Remastered! Free DLC!

Keefy

Does the sapling have any special magical property an individual that has studied Transfiguration and or Translocation (due to voidal feeling now being apart of it), will have no effect? Therefore preventing it from being translocated?

Until the sapling has a soul, not really. It’s just a designated go-to point for if the tree dies.

That said once it has the soul in it, it would be applicable to the rules of Transfig in relation to descendants and such, same for Translo.

If this seems like a bigger concern I can talk it out with some of the voidal LT and come to a consensus.

18 minutes ago, Keefy said:

Until the sapling has a soul, not really. It’s just a designated go-to point for if the tree dies.

That said once it has the soul in it, it would be applicable to the rules of Transfig in relation to descendants and such, same for Translo.

If this seems like a bigger concern I can talk it out with some of the voidal LT and come to a consensus.

I only ask due to your quote of: 

*The Sapling can only be kept alive through druidic energies and magic.

*No more than one (1) sapling can be active from the Soul Tree.

Due to the nature of Translocation, if stored in the void it keeps all current properties in a stasis-lock. As an example with an arrow, if you fire an arrow and trap it in the void with translocation, once you reconstruct it (resummon) it will hold any/all properties it had including velocity (350 feet per second). If the same can be done with this sapling. You could essentially keep it alive. Therefore keeping it locked to one sapling. 

Aka, trap it in the void – it never dies, soul tree never produces another sapling – If soul tree ungrown / destroyed the tree-lord cannot replant therefore PK.

I would try to remedy this.

52 minutes ago, Final said:

@Aesopian

please make this lore public through another vidya game

It’s fairly public already due to other circumstances, so have at it.

2 hours ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

I only ask due to your quote of: 

Due to the nature of Translocation, if stored in the void it keeps all current properties in a stasis-lock. As an example with an arrow, if you fire an arrow and trap it in the void with translocation, once you reconstruct it (resummon) it will hold any/all properties it had including velocity (350 feet per second). If the same can be done with this sapling. You could essentially keep it alive. Therefore keeping it locked to one sapling. 

Aka, trap it in the void – it never dies, soul tree never produces another sapling – If soul tree ungrown / destroyed the tree-lord cannot replant therefore PK.

I would try to remedy this.

^

After a few days, I will go over all the feedback and make corrections as seen fit!

Thank you for pointing such out.

2 hours ago, Final said:

@Aesopian

please make this lore public through another vidya game

March Ash: Hey guys march ash here bringing you all wicked update from the eternal forest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this soul tree fiasco has always been an unnecessary staple of druidism in my opinion, even for how long its been around it always felt like this tack-on concept that let Druids scramble toward the “end game” meme everyone’s been playing off of for like five years. stop looking for ways to immortalize your characters and use what you have to create RP

5 hours ago, bigcrazy said:

this soul tree fiasco has always been an unnecessary staple of druidism in my opinion, even for how long its been around it always felt like this tack-on concept that let Druids scramble toward the “end game” meme everyone’s been playing off of for like five years. stop looking for ways to immortalize your characters and use what you have to create RP

We already have Soul Trees, so by your very suggestion we should make RP with them.
The fact that you’re complaining about ‘end game’ and immortalising characters, when you used your position as an ET to inflate your own Druid’s presence, power and villainy beyond that capable of the rest of the Druid playerbase, is beyond amusing. Glass houses honey.

What’s more, Keef’s changes to Soul Trees are a deliberate step away from ‘end game’ status, insofar that he removed a lot of the reasons people saw it as a desirable creature or ‘trophy’ etc., and replaced them with juicier, aesthetic and interesting functions so like.. what are you even complaining about here?

5 hours ago, bigcrazy said:

19 minutes ago, Aethling said:

We already have Soul Trees, so by your very suggestion we should make RP with them.
The fact that you’re complaining about ‘end game’ and immortalising characters, when you used your position as an ET to inflate your own Druid’s presence, power and villainy beyond that capable of the rest of the Druid playerbase, is beyond amusing. Glass houses honey.

7 minutes ago, Jaeden said:

imagine unironically using the argument that druidism has too much lore

sorry we have ideas, ms word, and a keyboard i guess

1455475-thumbsup.jpg

omegalul

imagine having years of staff teams hammering in convuluted and poor druid lore to the point where it is somehow so vague but bloated at the same time

imagine not being able to properly respond to someone’s input and instead making an off-handed comment almost entirely unrelated to the argument. i did get one reply though, consisting of the theme song to lol funny jewish man tv show, so i guess this is what i can expect out of druids in the current year + 2

Edited by bigcrazy

On 12/14/2018 at 8:30 PM, Aethling said:

What’s more, Keef’s changes to Soul Trees are a deliberate step away from ‘end game’ status, insofar that he removed a lot of the reasons people saw it as a desirable creature or ‘trophy’ etc., and replaced them with juicier, aesthetic and interesting functions so like.. what are you even complaining about here?

i cant believe i was so STUPID, i forgot to reply to this and thought the only response was to sky’s israel national anthem

you know whats “beyond amusing” is when you have no idea what you rattle off about and you get your sources from your constituents who either #1, also don’t know what they’re talking about and try to get a one-up on me anyway, or #2, take my old efforts to provide some RP to you people and twist it up like it was a stab in your side, as though you’re warranted some kind of terrible offense. thank you for bringing your strange grudges into this unrelated subject though, its good to know i exist rent free inside of your head

I’m “complaining” that you guys have gorged yourself on lore additions for years and only within the past two managed to jump-up the druidic lorebase with content you can actually use to tell a story. but that trend is broken because we’re falling back onto writing lore for supplemental purposes and not acting providing big roleplay for other people. you know who “soul tree roleplay” ever provided experiences for? yourselves, and you folk managed to hand that stuff out so uncaringly that the druidic talk of the week what whose soul tree was burnt down by who over whatever feud

focus on lore that tries to tell a story. not to place myself on a high pedastle (since you clearly dont either), but when i attempted to provide events and stuff for the druidic and dominion community, i did it knowing everything that had been done was within the power of my character who was a druid for ??? amount of years (a lot more than a lot of people) and a blood mage since 2.0 released to the public. you can twist it any way you want but i intended to use these things solely for the purpose of cultivating a story for people, until it was fucked up and i sperged out like a retard (my bad lol)

stop being offended though, no one wants to discuss your lore with you people when you’re so irritable

2 hours ago, bigcrazy said:

imagine not being able to properly respond to someone’s input and instead making an off-handed comment almost entirely unrelated to the argument. i did get one reply though, consisting of the theme song to lol funny jewish man tv show, so i guess this is what i can expect out of druids in the current year + 2

I'm just fuckin' around, not even a current druid anymore.