[Shelved][✓] The Ascended - The Tears of Aeriel [Rewrite]

Farryn

i literally cant read this

the most rampant problem with new lore is that people write it so long and for absolutely no reason. this is the biggest offender of that ive ever seen & i dont see why you’d ever need to write so much for any piece of lore, please make it shorter because my brain is the size of a rat’s 

this has been a psa

52 minutes ago, Pess said:

The Ascended may have served their time in regards to your view. Their goal was to be the counterpart of Iblees and Evil. Now they provide roleplay for people with a different approach, the recruiting process is quite exciting, their magic is exciting and it brings diversity which is good. There doesn’t need to be a “greater meaning” to things with everything, with that view then a lot of things could just be removed. If the lore is bad or perhaps the magic overpowered then yes, changes could be made but to simply raise your voice and say they “Served their time” offers nothing but negative feedback and not a rather productive opinion in whether or not this should exit. Only based on emotion.

Yes the ascended have served their purpose, yes they have served their time in my view. Its my opinion on the matter, and it seems to have angered you. On the other hand, this rewrite seems quite thrilling, however, my fears still remain. Because it is the playerbase that I fear. My experience with ascended is nothing short but regrettable, filled with powergaming and very doubtful roleplay, and I’ve tried time and time again to find a satisfying interaction with them, to no avail, as the players do not seem to change, or to want to. Because from what I’ve witnessed of Ascended, the characters that they play are often dull, empty, and provide little in terms of storytelling, except for the healing of others which to my view and to that of others, is a flawed concept. This is, of course, what I’ve seen of the ascended, and it may very well vary from person to person, as I may have simply been unlucky as I usually am. I’m taking the care to mention this because I feel like you’re going to waste a lot of time typing if I don't. Returning to the main subject of conversation, these things you cite, such as the recruitment process do seem great, and I’m all for it, but can those that are entrusted with the magic be fit for it? I can only hope for the best. anyways you don't need a magic if you want to be a white knight 

I think the rewrite looks great! Everything seems pretty well explained and thought out. Don’t see why the Ascended can’t continue on if they’re willing to change with the times. 

yeah, give this a hard miss.

if the ascended community isn’t willing to change for the better, no amount of rewrites will cut it.

Hard to stay away for too long I ‘spose.

Love the rewrite regardless, and if it brings you all fun, then so be it. ?

1 hour ago, Jentos said:

Yes the ascended have served their purpose, yes they have served their time in my view. Its my opinion on the matter, and it seems to have angered you. On the other hand, this rewrite seems quite thrilling, however, my fears still remain. Because it is the playerbase that I fear. My experience with ascended is nothing short but regrettable, filled with powergaming and very doubtful roleplay, and I’ve tried time and time again to find a satisfying interaction with them, to no avail, as the players do not seem to change, or to want to. Because from what I’ve witnessed of Ascended, the characters that they play are often dull, empty, and provide little in terms of storytelling, except for the healing of others which to my view and to that of others, is a flawed concept. This is, of course, what I’ve seen of the ascended, and it may very well vary from person to person, as I may have simply been unlucky as I usually am. I’m taking the care to mention this because I feel like you’re going to waste a lot of time typing if I don't. Returning to the main subject of conversation, these things you cite, such as the recruitment process do seem great, and I’m all for it, but can those that are entrusted with the magic be fit for it? I can only hope for the best. anyways you don't need a magic if you want to be a white knight 

I do not share your opinion that they have served their purpose because there doesn’t need to be a server wide purpose. I am not angered at all, this is only a debate and no reason to get stirred up. Your reasons for not wanting Ascended is based on your own personal negative encounters with this group but that doesn’t mean the concept is bad which the topic is about and not the players playing them. An example would be my experience with this group have been positive but it is still just my experience, doesn’t correlate to the post objectively. The old way the recruitment used to work was good because it took time, it took effort and produced a qualitative player composition in which I enjoyed within this group. I will not deny that it has lost it’s touch however, they might need some work.

3 hours ago, Pess said:

The Ascended may have served their time in regards to your view. 

Why is a holy order dedicated to purge evil needed when evil has been shelved?

34 minutes ago, Brazilianski said:

Why is a holy order dedicated to purge evil needed when evil has been shelved?

Where can you based on evidence tell me where “evil” have been shelved? Evil still exist.

That’s the point of the rewrite. The LT has requested that all holy groups move away from the ‘dark vs light’ dynamic, as it produces toxicity. Thus, this rewrite exists to open the Ascended up so that we have more to focus on than just bashing spooks with holy magic.

1 hour ago, Pess said:

Where can you based on evidence tell me where “evil” have been shelved? Evil still exist.

Necromancy is shelved.
Mysticism is dead.

Dark Shamanism is ignored, and dead.

Blood Magic is dead.

Shade is dead.

You only have Naztherak to worry about, and that’s dying out soon too.

The Ascended have served their purpose, and poorly at that, leaving most of the work to the Paladins (wherever they are) and the SJW clerics.

Just let it end.

20 minutes ago, Brazilianski said:

Necromancy is shelved.
Mysticism is dead.

Blood Magic is dead.

Shade is dead.

The Ascended have served their purpose, and poorly at that, leaving most of the work to the Paladins (wherever they are) and the SJW clerics.

Just let it end.

Judging by your response it is most likely just what you think. Just the other day there were blood magic student applications being posted, Dark Shamanism is active. Perhaps not visible to you but it is there. The Paladin-Ascended ordeal was as I saw it a concoction consisting of some moderators and their friends which was the Paladins who competed with Ascended and Clerics. The Paladins did a lot to push both Ascended and Clerics to try and put them out of being relevant as by the time there were three “Holy” communities. The Paladins were more in the loop, (Known players, staff members) which gave them the upper hand to show off their work. You forth your emotional opinion and it’s like saying “The server is dead because I can’t find any roleplay” when in fact you perhaps need to widen your perception a little bit. This is further cemented by calling Clerics for SJW Clerics, elaborate?

1 hour ago, Pess said:

Just the other day there were blood magic student applications being posted, Dark Shamanism is active.

Blood magic is considered a grey magic, not inherently evil but not good either. Blood mages aren’t really considered spooks, unless they use it in tandem with being one of the things Brazilianski listed. 

Edited by Ford

1 hour ago, Brazilianski said:

Necromancy is shelved.
Mysticism is dead.

Blood Magic is dead.

Shade is dead.

Just let it end.

Yet my boy I’m going to have to agree with Pess, evil isn't necessarily bound to “dark” magics, and furthermore, the concept of anything being evil is retarded. It doesn't exist, nothing is black and white. 

6 hours ago, Jentos said:

Yet my boy I’m going to have to agree with Pess, evil isn't necessarily bound to “dark” magics, and furthermore, the concept of anything being evil is retarded. It doesn't exist, nothing is black and white. 

lol yes it is

you’d like to pretend your average necromancer is morally conflicted and involved in engaging arcs, but they are just as unoriginal and cliche as the generation of magic users that preceded them

holy magic vs unholy magic has been the bane of good rp for years on this server. let it die and move on to something better