[Shelved][✓] The Ascended - The Tears of Aeriel [Rewrite]

Farryn

On 12/15/2018 at 12:29 PM, Farryn said:

the lore post

OKAY HERE WE GO.

As much as I’d love to **** on the Ascended solely for their OOC reputations and mannerisms. I have to seem like a good boy so @FlamboyantRage thinks I’m a good enough pick for (LM).

I also sent Lark a massive doc during the last rewrite so I feel obliged to speak on it.

So, lets begin.

First part I would like to address is the addition of the creation/origins lore that creates some cosmic battlefield to talk about why your powers have changed. But it is done in such a convoluted, messy way that interferes with world lore itself for the benefit of flavor. I’m all for flavor posts to start off lore, but in this instance its orientated towards glorifying your god and order with a story that is unknown to everyone. Though, I know for a fact it will be referenced and spoken of how Aerial battled a ‘Void God’ and defended the entire world once again, cementing the idea of the good faction of the Ascended.

Jallentine even addressed the next issue, which is that the amount of tenents and “commandments” that you legitimise through lore is just insane. The over “fluffing” of in game commandments to ensure there is no potential for loopholes or corruption is quite a mystery to me, it shows that you as a playerbase cannot even trust each other to roleplay fairly and dynamically without pulling out rules to justify yourselves. The “Soul” and inevitably the “Heart” tenants lock the player into a specific niche of roleplay no matter the choice of the character. It is, “don’t do this or we’ll hate you. Though here are some exceptions that we will IC’ly ostracise you for, by only mentioning them in this post.”

Disconnection should /always/ be held within the leadership of the group and dynamic enough to allow for legitimate power struggles and coups. If you have to reinforce your character’s thinking with lore, it oversteps the actual purpose of it. Lore should supplement the server and the mindset of the character, you create characters before you insert them into pieces of lore (or that’s how it should be anyway). What this does is not solve any issues, it simply creates a thought-police mentality that the Ascended, Clerics and Paladins have had when enforcing their in-character prejudices and problems. They go to an LT and report them, to make the god yell at them instead of reprimanding it. The tenant system you proposed is unhealthy for any group, no matter the justification at this stage.

Even though Tearstones don't look that bad upon first glance, an aesthetic extension to use as an implement for the magic. It changes when you look at the loopholes that can happen within this. This seems like an attempt at balancing the magic in a cheap way that people will glance over, but it will be abused severely because of the lack of restrictions on how it can be utilized. There is absolutely nothing stopping an Ascended imbuing their plate armor with their soulshard in a super protective space that blunt weapons cannot hit it and therefore cannot disable them. Or there’s the idea of having it carried like a phylactery, just chuck it in your pocket, it glows a bit and then you have your magic powers. It’s seemingly written with the intent to pull and emphasis this obscure weakness of water evocation which has probably a total of 10 people. (Would need that to be clarified and I can be corrected, but that’s a very niche and rare evocation rivaling air.)

The fracturing of a Tearstone is way too lenient, if a literal shard of your soul is destroyed then it would have more than, “o i cant cast magic anymore” effect on the user. It also being rebuilt in a single IRL hour is barely a drawback. It means you can just simply hide out somewhere for an hour and pop straight against the person you were fighting previously.

(Tl;dr here Tearstones seem like a lazy way to try balancing the magic and have various loopholes that can be found within the very writing)

Okay, the next thing is more of a personal qualm of how this lore has functioned for years. I really hate the entire concept of Ascended instantly shedding into a thousand shards upon death and disappearing immediately. It just seems to make the idea and consequence of death less severe, with the Ascended basically being immortal stasis babies with no true way to be PK’d. Why would the Aengul of LITERAL SOULS keep their guardians within the realm where her influence is probably the weakest. She shouldn’t care about how mature souls get or whatever, just simply that they get up there untainted and fine. Extending the life of a soul beyond its natural capabilities seems like something that would be unironically the antithesis of Aerial’s own philosophy. (But that is how it has been roleplayed and the LT have done so in the past. So this criticism doesn’t ring true and I expect the reply to this to be, ‘its how its always been done’).

Albino Ascended Children are irrelevant and definitely not needed in this lore at all. I'd rather not have power babies coming from ascended claiming their Aerial’s fourth nipple.  There’s literally zero reason to include this in a magic re-write apart from wanting to ensure that people are happy they can bang and have family RP in a pretty daunting and life consuming magic.

Okay, into the meat and abilities of the magic, let’s start with Highlight.

I believe it’s quite an interesting move to include highlight to not need line of sight after its casted. Though this can mean an absolute system of abuse for a system that relies on buffing and debuffing (which generally don’t make sense within the lore themes, but whatever). You can run around a target, go “bonk” and then chuck four weakness emotes on them while you hide behind a wall. There is absolutely no risk with something that can be honestly quite game-changing within a fight. All it takes is for a quick highlight and a thought to make your ally absolutely shatter your opponent with uninterrupted buffs and debuffs. From a balance perspective, I hate having any abilities that imbue or weaken strength directly for how abusable it can be.

I can’t **** on moonlight illumination, it’s just literally highlighting an object. It does fit with the theme and I cannot really find any complaint of such.

Same with the next one, it just seems unneeded to have a magic have the ability to make people calm and go to sleep?

Okay, I remember talking to Lark about this next section. Moonlight radiance. The absolute absurd power of this ability is something that people will skim over, because it’s effects really seem mundane until you really observe it.

“These faintly glowing wounds do not naturally heal and will remain indefinitely, locked in time much like an agent of Aeriel is. However, unlike an agent, these open wounds may make other areas of the body susceptible to infection.”

So essentially, this is a “one strike” kill hit to any area that bleeds a solid amount or is immensely prone to infection. It’s implying that it will become common knowledge that you can soak these wounds in water to heal them, but even by the time its meta-gamed off the post. You’ve killed someone. You’ve essentially created a weapon that can be so lethal to kill someone in a single strike, which is absolutely not on. I understand debuffing it for more participants but you'd be silly to use this with anyone other than yourself to buff your blade and insta-kill an opponent.

(tl;dr semi permanent wounds are absolutely broken)

Crystalise is a poor frost witches’ vapor freeze which can basically disable an opponent instantly by conjuring it onto their face. Nothing stops this being abused mid-fight to simply disable opponents and lead to their death, (which seems like the complete opposite of what Aerial wants. Giving these mages the ability to kill and harm descendants with ease, when their entire purpose is on the maturation of souls. That’s a yikes from me) The slowness is not what the true powerful thing about this lore is, it’s being able to basically just place horrid amounts of frostbite on people’s exposed skin for a duration of a time, which will be abused and I can imagine how so already.

Astral mirrors are broken because what they can reflect back is absolutely limitless. A single Ascended metaphorically could absorb a meteor into their shield and launch it back into the sky with how it’s written. There’s no actual limit to projectiles instead of “one”. With the ability to also cause those never healing wounds that Radiance causes. Absolutely yikes. It's an overpowered spell that has limitless potential.

I’d like to cut my intermission to bring back my original post.

Absolutely hate the use of the WORD ASTRAL SINCE WE’VE MADE LOTS OF EVENTS AROUND IT

Okay lets continue.

Astral Armor once again suffers from the same problems as the Mirror and Highlighting in general. Allowing for an opponnent to take any ‘two’ determined hits no matter what in Melee for basically free is insane. I understand the Astral pooling and everything, but that stops basically everything from gut impales to neck slices, the works. This is a “get out of jail free card” which now lines up with the thematic idea, but from a balance perspective lacks any true thought into it. It’s biggest weakness is the water evo push wish is just so, out of place.

Quickening is just an excuse to let people double emote and break the ideas of how it works. You wouldn’t be able to also just load and fire a crossbow in a single emote because you’re faster, because that’s not how it works. Being able to draw and attack, double attack and the works can lead to some very broken scenarios.

If you look at it this way, if a CRP continues its momentum of you keeping on the offensive. The opponent has to block two attacks for the next five emotes, each emote. While normally suffering this ‘instant kill’ radiance buff that’ll be applied in the scenario if you stack the different magics. This makes absolutely no sense thematically aswell. Why would Aerial make people quicker? These protective and offensive buffs and debuffs make no sense in the idea of trying to preserve human life. If you’re going to stick with this pacifist good idea, you can’t just immediately have things that are super effective combat wise that everyone else would want.

Stasis isn’t too bad, makes sense with the themes

Chemical yadayada makes absolutely no sense though, why are Ascended able to enhance alchemical ingredients within a user. Increasing the potency of potions after consumption seems absolutely absurd balance and theme wise. Why in the world would they be able to somehow prolong functions of the metabolism when this magic is meant to be targeting the soul. It also means that you can abuse this section and basically insta-kill someone with a poison upon consumption. Many avenues of this not fitting at all.

Communion is powersharing, nothing fancy and I guess it makes sense thematically.

Nothing too wrong with Sanctuaries, they’re basically just a place to shelf your character and ensure the wounds of your battle recover instantly. I’m not keen on it at all but from a thematic and lore perspective this does fit within the piece.

Astral Dream seems like a weird thing to give its own section. It’s essentially just resaying what sanctuaries do, except they can be a minor appearance fountain of youth for others that aren’t ascended.

Soul shattering I have a massive part on above talking about disconnection and tenants. This just once again creates a hostile environment and forces too much emphasis on OOC enforcement of a roleplay group. I also dislike the entire idea of having to consent to a disconnection OOC’ly unless they have broken an “OOC” rule. RP disputes and genuine problems cannot be enforced by leaders. Instead its based on an arbitrary system of moderation the LT should not ever have to do for a magic group.

And that’s the basic run-down.

There are so many balancing issues and thematic mismatches throughout the lore which make me worry for this piece to be accepted. This isn’t me just hating, fyi. This is the criticism I can give without going into the other problems the ascended face.

Really interesting direction you guys are going with this! Was a fun read, I enjoyed the lore and the overall aesthetic is super cool. Good job to everyone involved in the hard work of its creation.

Giving this submission a major  heck yes considering that the Ascended on LotC feel a bit drawn back and not really fleshed out to the point that truly makes them viable and fun to play.

Personally, I’ve never gotten the chance to learn magic on this server to the depths that many on the server are already at, but however, I’ve had the pleasure of roleplaying with some in the magic community. Farryn, bless your hard work on the Ascended as I can tell your dedication to those who play as an Ascended and how you personally enjoy it. The overall hard work put into this rewrite earns you a definite +1 in my book because I understand the struggle of writing good lore for pre-existing magic or to even write new magic from scratch (trust me, that is what I go through way too often on this server). Writing good magic and to even submit it to the LT for review makes a lot of people antsy and want to flat out give it a negative rep (which admittedly happens often in any of my posts save for my creative writing posts), but I honestly think that this will get accepted.

If you want to, at any time, you could team with me to write some decent magic for LotC. To be quite honest, I enjoy your work ?

+1
+10
+100
+1000

Making edits to the lore. @ScreamingDingo Thank you for the feedback, there are areas that I do agree need changing and said areas will be the edits I am making.

A majority of the points, such as Aeriel VS Voidal, will be worked on but I cannot promise it’ll be removed or redone completely – as some of these points were on the base lore Jallen made for us, and/or will require an extended amount of time to think of a different path to take that wouldn’t affect the rest of the lore.

Ascended are not immortal – this is something that has annoyed me a few times. An Ascended cannot age, that is the only aspect of immortality in an Ascended. They can still be killed by multiple other ways outside of time – such as stabbing, burning, decapitation, so on, so on. An Ascended can definitely be pk’ed upon receiving wounds or in very special ET events. This is up to the Ascended player, just like how the elves have a 1000 year lifespan but many elves still PK when their players want them to. In fact, many Ascended in the past have been pk’ed via suicide or accepting death in an ET or player event, or just dying in general combat. So at this point in time, the Ascended are not immortal and people really need to stop that mentality.

The Ascended can’t die from time, but they can and will die from multiple other ways to die, as long as the player deems its time for said Ascended to die, just like any other player. Does that sound like full on immortality? No – it’s just the same as the elves. Furthermore, we now lack regeneration and immunity to potions, meaning we can be killed and harmed – as long as the attacker plays their cards right and both sides are fine with the roleplay going on.

I will confirm that the LT will not hold a say when it comes to deciding disconnection on something, it was agreed that the Ascended are to become self-moderated and that it will be the role of the higher ups in the community that the right course of action happens. Of course, the LT will only be required to intervene if a scenario involving lore-breaking or powergaming the magic is made known, and said member of the community who breaks the lore or powergames will receive the necessary punishment for such.

Furthermore, OOC consent to disconnect someone isiffy. The system we set up was to allow someone the chance to make up for breaking a covenant and was made in order to prevent any OOC arguments. Consent for disconnection is already given by the player the moment their character becomes an Ascended – it’s a big clause in becoming one and OOC consent will only cause further issues than fixing them. While I do think OOC consent is nice, it will not fit well here. Instead, an Ascended with a Blackened Tearstone can be around, and will be expected to face Soul Shattering if it occurs strictly in RP or go through the Trial of the Damned to regain their full abilities and be put off the risk of Shattering. OOC is expected to remain out of RP, unless its either putting the Ascended through the Trial of the Damned, or arranging a time for said Ascended to be soul shattered if they want to do such. It will be the player’s choice to decide where they go but they already made the consent for disconnection by becoming a member of the community, where breaking rules will matter and you will be expected to face said consequences, even if you don’t consent to it.

But if a player does care about their character, then they must accept that breaking the covenants will put that character at risk of soul shattering, but they have a chance to fix it. It can't be giving special treatments or letting it slide because someone oocly doesn't like it. You signed up to be an Ascended, you are expected to face the price if you failed to keep to the Covenants and did not go out of your way to fix it in roleplay.

That’s some points I wanted to explain as they came out the most to me and needed some explaining.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:14 AM, Sky said:

I have several questions to raise, and if they can be answered I think overall will make this more digestible for the average player. Please don’t respond with a quote of the lore, or ‘read the lore’, I would like to see a thought out response to each question.

1. What purpose does the Ascended fulfil in the current climate of the server and it’s lore, that isn’t already overlapped by other areas?

2. How does this rewrite make their purpose more defined for both the individuals who play Ascended and those who witness them?

3. What issues do you believe is it that made the future of the Ascended unable to continue without an overall reformation?

4. In what way does this rewrite hope to amend any of the past issues that the past iterations have encountered?

1. They hunt/scare spooks, that’s their only purpose and will in my opinion always be their purpose.. Making them invalid when most spooks have been shelved or rewritten, even prior to this lore purge spooks were going extinct or hid so well that the Ascended couldn’t do anything to harm them.
  2. It doesn’t, it just changes the way their magic works. Their mission is still to “prevent corruption” and what-not which is akin to hunting spooks. The difference is that this is now worse since they have to get others involved which will lead to literal witch hunts in which entire raids are formed just to hunt down one spook that has been causing issues on the local level.
  3. Toxicity, pride, arrogance, etc alongside numerous stereotypes and issues that led to the moral and philosophical degradation of many within the playerbase. This happens in every magic where a person can’t self teach, there’s a reason why Alchemy and Voidal magics haven’t been shelved. This occurs since players who challenge their beliefs are declared anathema and are thereby blacklisted, this means that players who could change the way they think are chased away or not given the magic allowing no change to occur in their RP or OOC mindsets. When you have an entire group that speaks to each other over discord an outsider can do very little to change their mentality if it has become corrupt and toxic for the overall server. This is why self taught magics have done better for themselves, if a group abuses it the LT hurts them and everyone else walks away with no issues once or ever.
  4. This re-write and in fact NO re-write can EVER fix a playerbase once it’s fallen. The only way they can fix this magic is by making it a self taught magic (anyone who worships Aeriel can be gifted it) with severe restrictions to those who break lore (blacklists) and that does not require a specific clique to form. That will never happen for the same reason it will never happen with Necromancy or 99% of other magics on LoTC, people believe magic cliques to be better then no clique at all because they don’t believe the LT can moderate magic properly and don’t want certain players to obtain their magics for OOC reasons. This forms rifts between these groups and the community which leads to what we are now seeing.

Changelog [03/01/2019]

• Tearstone Shards specifically need to be exposed, whenever they are floating, in armour, or weapons – all spells will not work if the Tearstone Shard is covered up completely.
  • Tearstone Shards now need to physically touch a water source in order to absorb the liquid. Additionally, Tearstone Shards can only absorb in the amount of water equal to the amount on how much Astra a Tearstone can hold (depending on the tier). This prevents Ascended from draining lakes and rivers.
  • Astra will now turn back into normal water three hours after being absorbed into the Tearstone Shard.
  • Tearstone Shard recovery from Fracturing now takes one hour and thirty minutes IRL in order for the Tearstone Shard to recover.
  • Aerielian children no longer have a section devoted to them – there’s now a simple description of them under Crystal Soul.
  • Highlight now requires the Ascended’s line of sight on the people highlighted at all times. If said people hide behind a wall or enter a building, they lose such.
  • When an Ascended dies, any items, armour/clothing, and weapons are to be left behind due to not bearing souls. However, items that are soulbounded will remain with the Ascended when they’ve returned.
  • Voidal water is no longer a one shot fracturing, and now deal four points of damage.
  • Crystalize no longer is immediate and will take three emotes/turns in the RP instance for someone to suffer the full effects.
  • Moonlight Radiance no longer is permenant, as well as any other frost based wounds and effects. These wounds now last for eight emotes/turns in a single RP instance.
  • Astral Mirror can now only repel magic based spells, and can be destroyed if an attack greater than the force of a large boulder hitting the mirror is done to it.
  • Astral Armour can now only repel physical attacks and can be destroyed by attacks that are greater than the peak strength of an olog.

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 1 and a half weeks, give or take a day or two.

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

CHANGELOG 2# [21st February 2019]

Regarding Other Magics - Semi return of Demi-Ascended system

• Each time an Ascended learns a new magic outside of Ascended magic, they lose the ability to advance to the next tier.
  • Ascended magic and one other magic - Tier 4 max
  • Ascended magic and two other magic - Tier 3 max
  • Ascended magic and three other magic - Tier 2 max
  • Ascended magic and four other magic - Tier 1 / 2 max (if they have mastered every other magic in their arsenal - reached tier 5/max tier)
  • An Ascended now will suffer from magical drawbacks, should the magic they know expresses such drawbacks (e.g: voidal weakness)

Highlighting - Beam me up scottie!

• Highlight now takes the form of a 1 block in diameter beam of light that comes from the Tearstone Shard and can be directed at the target, following the Agent's gaze. It can now be avoided.
  • Highlight takes two emotes to become effective - The Ascended summons the beam and directs it to their target, the target then has the chance to emote moving away from the beam or accepting the highlight. If the target accepts, they are highlighted.
  • The beam has a 20 block range and cannot exceed this length. Targets must be within this range to be struck with Highlight
  • Should it strike the target they will become highlighted. Two people at once can be highlighted, though they can dodge the beam.
  • Afterwards, if the targets have been struck, the Ascended in question may buff or debuff them for 10 astra.
  •  

Trial of the Damned - Dream Projection Edition

• The Desert of the Damned is no longer the real DotD - it is now a dream projection made by Aeriel that functions similarly as the DoTD but is endless and the city of Sacellum cannot be seen.
  • Enemies and lost souls are now projections of themselves, similar to the Ascended who partake in Trial of the Damned.
  • A projected ruined city of Haven is placed within the DotD’s projection, allowing for a change in environment and new RP scenarios. There are no items, books, or any forms of information to be gained from here.
  • This is to provide hiding places, temporary shelters, and encounters.
  • Astral Sanctuaries must be the only place where the Trial of the Damned can be roleplayed out on the server, through the use of /q and /w chat. This is so no roleplay isn’t disturbed on both ends, and fits with Astral Dream - which can only be initiated within Astral Sanctuaries.

CHANGELOG 1# [7th February 2019]

Backstory

• Changed story a bit so that Ascended return their soulfire to Aeriel to defeat the voidal being, this being the sacrifice made. Aeriel proceeds to cry for their sacrifice and Tearstone Shards and Astra is formed. Ascended gain Tearstone Shards. Added additional areas to make the story flow more.

Covenants

• Covenants have been edited - Soul Covenant on Major Threats have been removed and re-edited into Soul Covenant 1.
  • Soul Covenant 4 (now 5) remains - stands as an official reminder to an Ascended and that they must not abandon their duty.
  • Heart Covenants have been removed - Heart Covenant 5 moved to Soul Covenants.

Tearstone Shards

• Mysticism now does not affect Tearstone Shards due to how it affects the Soulstream and Aeriel seeking to protect her followers.
  • Tearstone Shard’s Fracturing rates have decreased.
    • Tier 1 - 2
    • Tier 2 - 3
    • Tier 3 - 4
    • Tier 4 - 5
    • Tier 5 - 6

The Crystal Soul

• Ascended can now learn the following magics:
    • Arcane
    • Alteration
    • Transfiguration
    • Telekinesis
    • Voidal Translocation
    • Voidal Shifting
    • Atronach Forging
    • Household
    • Evocation (earth, wind, fire, and lightning)
    • Arcanism
    • Celestialism
    • Conjuration
    • Illusion
    • Sensory Illusion
    • Mental Magic
    • Cognatism
    • Rune Smithing
    • Golemancy (with the exception of soulbound cores)
    • Kani
    • Any other magic that may appear in the future that does not tie with a deity or does a significant alteration of the body and soul.
  • Ascended can no longer learn Water Evocation - those with knowledge and power of the magic prior will no longer be able to use it, but can still teach said magic.
  • Added section on Ascended learning other magics.
  • Ascended now lose 5 gallons of Astra storage per magic slot taken (with exception of Ascended magic slot)

Highlight

• Highlight now can only focus on two people max.
  • Highlight now requires a direct line of sight and focus, which can break if the person highlighting moves out of sight via walls cover etc. Focus can be broken by being struck or losing the focus similar to a voidal mage.

Moonlight Radiance

• Moonlight Radiance cannot be placed upon any enchanted weapons, including voidal, deity, and dark magic.

Crystallize

• The cloud of Astra that makes up Crystallize must be visible now.
  • Up to two targets may be affected by Crystallize.
  • Crystallize wears off after five emotes (excluding the 3 builds up emotes)
  • It will take three full emotes/turns in an RP instance for someone to be under the full effects of Crystallize and can move out of the way of the cloud.

Astral Mirror

• When an enchanted weapon hits the mirror - the mirror breaks entirely and the enchantment on the weapon is neutralised for one emote, rendering the weapon’s hit as purely mundane. The enchantment returns to the weapon.

Astral Armor

• Astral Armor can go over armour, but not any armour that has been enchanted by any other magic, minus Ascended.
  • Like Astral Mirror, if an enchanted weapon hits the armour - the armour will shatter fully and the weapon’s enchantment is nullified for one emote.
  • Astra armour can no longer be replenished, meaning if it breaks in a RP instance

Astral Quickening

• Astral Quickening has been removed.

Stasis

• Using stasis on a person now requires OOC consent from the person being casted on.
  • Stasis will only last one elven hour (an hour IRL), the spell breaking without any exceptions should this time pass.

Chemical Continuity

• CC has been removed.

Astral Communion

• An Ascended now becomes exhausted upon feeding their Astra into others. The longer they contribute to the spell being cast, the more fatigued they will become.

Astral Sanctuary

• Druids can now hear the animals and trees within these sanctuaries as they normally do, but can also faintly hear the Sounds of Silence in the background. They can also sense the calmness but it would feel eerie and chilling to them, as if something isn’t right.
  • If an animal’s lore specifically states they cannot be tamed, they cannot be tamed regardless of the effect of the sanctuary - though they will be less aggressive.

Astral Dream

• Added paragraph explaining what happens to an Ascended and a non-Ascended during this time.
  • Ascended have the increased regenerative factor of the Astra and can also have their limbs reattached, as long as one OOC week has not passed.
  • Non-Ascended will face a small appearance change and will have a normal regenerative rate.
  • Non-Ascended cannot enter another Astral Dream until three IRL months after waking up from their last one. (prevents people from using it as a means of avoiding ageing and age deaths).
  • A person, regardless if Ascended or not, can be in an Astral dream for up to one IRL month.
  • OOC consent is required to put a character within this state, along with the amount of time they wish to have their character within such a state.

Soul Shattering

• Now a Teacher only spell - an Ascended must have an accepted TA in order to be able to know and learn this spell.

The Trial of the Damned

• The Trial of the Damned now must happen strictly in-game and within the Astral Sanctuary.
  • An Ascended cannot learn any major information that can dramatically affect the Mortal Realm - such as character deaths, learning unknown or shelved magic, etc. They can hold simple conversations about the past and general knowledge, but not major areas.

All necessary edits have been made, and forum thread has been updated also. @Delmodan @FlamboyantNewEra

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Rift#8931.