[✗] Frostbone Mix and Frostbone Armor [Material and armor]

mateolog

Frostbone Armor

LJfhWWU9nvEB1uTEBWiRpQiX9xjSl1kzVG9VCoJR8wcSRY_YUqnGhYMapzxUCrOhpZMeKHhKACH8Tmgqr7rOCPDaucwlSY5ZLBg8WObVMmwSOpSBh_eG8HTRaKDfTX1TxQSFK41N

Frostbone armor is made out of the material of the same name. The material is a combination of a certain percentage of bone, ice, and extremely low amount of thanium, the specific amount only passed on through the elders of the Stormfist Clan ever since they were forced into the frozen tundra during the attempted genocide of their kind by Kaz’Ulrah. This armor is no stronger than Iron armor, in fact, it is slightly weaker.

Uses:

This type of wear is necessary for the Stormfist as they are dwarves that tend to travel through extremely cold areas. This armor was created to make such travels bearable as the armor creates an igloo effect that allows the dwarves not to freeze to death.

OOC reason for this:
There are regions in this map that should not be easy to inhabit (frozen tundra), despite that there are settlements created in regions
were food would not be able to grow. This attire just gives an RP reason why the Stormfists can travel around there. [!] Note that I say travel, as the stormfist do not live there, but tend to walk along the frozen lands for religious reasons and expeditions.
This only improves the RP experience as we will need to craft the armor before our travels and will make it more exciting. It won't give any advantage in battle and gives the Stormfist clan some unique skill.
bAE-c3VPR0vOsLyiy7gk4bA4oNwrA6yQk0-6u3vTjrqYLrXU77b4e-r7dYt52N7PvEpcAi4YhUfnN_WpP30rqMSikaxshzZe4sh19nW_azoR5n9f_cks20s1UASBiAASsZzknhC4

Frostbone as a material, clarifications:
Frostbone cannot be used as a useful weapon as there is no way to sharpen it properly. It would be able to make a building out of it but the amount of energy and resources it would need would make it almost impossible to create.

Due to the very (very) low traces of Thanium the armor pops and shatters when in contact to a heat source (ex: contact with fire.), this can cause lesser injuries and cuts (if the mix has been done properly).

[!] This is not Thanium armor and as shown by the mix the extremely small amount of Thanium is pure and untreated (hence the mix can shatter when its close to a flame).

8-5iaCV_AGMutf-Jo2nkrLp-MipoGiBCZF2lNr1ufCtDLX0t8KxUbuPEiNTLWn3Ti62CbkLqsyHtEhhJE1ddq9E_eBySmcmqBvrqjXzDRUQcQ7nxoB4z7v7bkQce17dyOpRfB2xb

Because fur coats are for nerds!

Just now, Destroyer_Bravo said:

yea like imagine wearing a winter coat with armor over it

Would be too heavy to wear a thick enough coat and armor. Travel would be hardly possible.

2 hours ago, ✗ ≬ ≬ αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗ said:

Would be too heavy to wear a thick enough coat and armor. Travel would be hardly possible.

Image result for night's watch

Honestly, its not the worst concept though.  You should keep working on this piece, remove  thanhium and flesh it out a little more.  I’d stay away from thanhium because of all the **** inconsistency that is going around with it.  I don’t see why you can’t have some other type of material, maybe look through alchemy stuff,  I think there is an oil that can radiate heat.   

35 minutes ago, Dardonas said:

Image result for night's watch

Honestly, its not the worst concept though.  You should keep working on this piece, remove  thanhium and flesh it out a little more.  I’d stay away from thanhium because of all the **** inconsistency that is going around with it.  I don’t see why you can’t have some other type of material, maybe look through alchemy stuff,  I think there is an oil that can radiate heat.   

yea some friends of mine pointed out that I should change the thanium part and they gave me some advice on that. TBH I only chosed Thanium cause I couldnt think of anything else that would keep the ice cold. But Ill probably try to make another lore post to get a plant who’s sap can be used to keep the ice solid and moldable. Thanks for your input! and BTW the wall is not as harsh as the wall we have in LOTC ((I think)) and either way the armor they wear is leather not metal wich is the consistency that we need.

Thank you for submitting your piece, it is now under review. A verdict shall be given in 1 and a half weeks, give or take a day or two.

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

This Lore has been denied. This piece was unable to get a majority Y in the vote. The lore here was rather vague, so if you attempt to submit it again in the future, I recommend fleshing it out further. It also seems to cater only to a specific clan, which is not something we want to see. Thanhium also doesn’t make sense to be used here, so switching it out for something else would be beneficial.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.