[✗] [Mysticism Addition] Tides of the Ebrietaes

𝙻𝚞𝚟 XO

Tides of the Ebrietaes

Mystics, weavers of Ectoplasm, use their extensive knowledge on the Ebrietaes and what lurks within it to perform their duties to Myul’than. Through further examination into the Book of Phantoms, the living synod was able to begin harnessing new abilities within their craft. 

Streaming

Streaming is the ability of pulling forth ectoplasm into the mortal realm to be shaped and manipulated. Appearing in an either green, blue, or grey form this ectoplasm takes on a rounded shape to the desire of the mystic and can be produced upon a solid surface of their choosing. Although unable to master exact shapes, mystics can forge these pieces of ectoplasm into tentacles-esque blunt masses that can be controlled at will.

Spoiler

The mystic’s form would begin to rot and decay as a foggy spectral glow would shine through their form. Soon their entire body became overwhelm with this as they began to gleam in their new spectral visage.

Pressing their hand upon the floor before them, an odd mass of ghostly glowing goo would be produce from their palm. Raising their hand back into the air would create a string of ectoplasm that grew thicker as their hand moved further away and they rose to their feet. 

As the mystic now stood back up they would shake their hand violently to sever the connection with the tendril. It now moved free form before them like the head of a snake. Visually it appeared to be made out of water but held the same haunting appearance as its creator. 

Red lines:

• Takes three emotes to cast. One to gleam, one to produce the ectoplasm upon a surface, and another to control it. 

• Cannot be shaped into sharp objects or points. No fine details.

• May only deal concussive force or blunt trauma.

• The masses of ectoplasm must appear always moving and flowing, as if it were made of ghostly water.

• Requires to be tier three cast. At tier three they can produce one mass of ectoplasm and go up by one with each tier until tier five (three at most at tier five).

• The reach of the ectoplasm streams is six blocks from the block they are placed upon.

• The tentacles can only reach five blocks in any direction of which they are placed and are stationary in those spots.

• The extent of the damage is similar to a mace. Dents armor and other protective layers in the same way a mace would.

• Gold would cut through the masses like butter, but normal weapons would take a few extra swings – changes upon the weapon being used.

Wailing

The tortured souls damned to the Ebrietaes often go unheard. With the ability to Wail a mystic can tap into those voices and unleash upon the mortal realm. By calling upon these voices, and in certain cases specific cries, a mystic can throw off a target by calling upon the shrills of the damned. The voices can vary from either whispers to violent screams.

Spoiler

The mystic’s form would begin to rot and decay as a foggy spectral glow would shine through their form. Soon their entire body became overwhelm with this as they began to gleam in their new spectral visage.

Looking upon their target they would begin leaning their body back and taking in a large breath of air.

Hurling their torso forward, the mystic would release a haunting shriek to anyone out of range, but those close would hear the screams of their fallen loved ones calling out in agony and beginning to be set free.

Red lines:

• A Mystic can only call upon a certain voice if the user has specific knowledge of that voice. For example they would need to know of a person’s deceased mother to channel her.

• If they do not have knowledge of any deceased then they may use a random geist.

• Three emotes to cast. One to gleam, one to channel, and another to release.

• The radius is as follows: touch/one block, three blocks, and six blocks. Touch/one block would cause a deafening scream to be heard by the victim which would disorient them for a single emote. The three block radius would cause a confusion inflicting result. Six blocks would simply allow them to hear the sounds of the tortured souls and would cause a roll to see if they are thrown off.

Bewitchment

Geists, powerful spirits used in the art of Hexing by Mystics, are given another purpose through the art of Bewitchment. Calling forth geists and projecting the hex upon a person for a short period of time is known as Bewitchment.

Spoiler

Lifting their right hand into the air would draw forth a haunting green glow which would swirl with what appeared to be the faces of ghosts.

The mystic would then hurl the glowing ball towards their target and if successful struck, the target would feel as if they were choking on water!

• Must know the Hexing liturgy in order to cast Bewitchment.

• Bewitchment must be specifically taught, Hexing is only a prerequisite.

• The extent of the geists power increases with sacrifices captured immediately before hand. For example, killing two people then casting a drowngeist will intensify the effects of the hex accordingly.

• You cannot save sacrifices for later encounters with Bewitchment and sacrifices used during Bewitchment cannot be used for Hexing.

• These hexes last six emotes from the moment they make contact with their victim and can be purged through any other means that would normally purge spirits and dark magic.

• Three emotes to cast. One to gleam, one to charge, and another to hurl the geist.

• Sacrifices being added to Bewitchment geists must be killed using Saturation. 

• The same geists are used from the Hexing list for Bewitchment.

Spoiler

Apologies if the lore seems to be lacking detail. I figured we all read my Frost Witch rewrite and learned that I am new to this. I left detailed descriptions on emotes for every single one of these spells and they are all to be specifically taught and monitored just like the rest of the spells in Mysticism. I also ask that each spell be viewed separately in case any of them are deemed deniable when others aren’t and I will edit the post accordingly.

Writter: Luv

Consultation From: Starfelt & Frott

Change log:

I made the changes Phil :) 12/19/2018

+1 This some real fire stuff ??

I saw "Ebrietaes" in the title and was ready to scream, but thankfully it isn't what i expected haha.

Now in regards to the lore: Yes, the lore lacks of a bit of further description but the redlines seem good. I don't remember Mysticism lore very well so idk how this would fit with the rest, however i like it.

(Maybe the 3 emote stun of the Wailing is too strong)

Here’s some advice, lorewriter luv.

Streaming:

- I’d define how big the masses can be

- Define the extent of the blunt force trauma, what happens if it hits a person, effects on armor, etc.

- add an achiles heel to the ability, ex: it can be cut through or gotted with enough damage, though “only hurt the caster” is not enough of a crutch.

Wailing:

- not too sold on this one. I can understand where you’re coming from with having to know whomst’d’ve’ve’v youre trying to call for the voice but I feel that due to the amount of geists in the ebrietaes, i dont see any issue with some random being used.

- incapacitating for 3 emotes is a death sentence, even if there are means to block out sound, that ability is way too broken. It would be better if you made it disorientation, which will give someone a harder time to focus, but it won’t be a death sentence for the victim.

Bewitchment:

- Not sure where to start, if I’m honest.

Generally:

A lot of this needs defining; no offense to you or your writing style but vague lore is easily abused in the wrong hands. Please keep that in account while the team reviews your lore submission.

Still trying to teach my old queen these magic tricks, but the idea of Mysticism has always intrigued me, so I ‘luv’ the idea of any additions! ?

I love all of these, however, a lot of these need more refining in terms of details as Phil states. Because these look like they can be abused p hard.

Because can I just whip streaming like some concussion machine???

Wailing should do no more than hurt the ears/confuse. 

Bewitchment? Jesus christ, three emotes to potentially paralyze/any real effect on someone??? I would remove it, or state a lot of restrictions, not only is this broken but it can be abused so easily. 

I like this addition a lot, even if it seems to turn mysticism into more of a combat magic, which I’m not too fond of, seeing as they’ve already have many other purposes and have had a number of additions in the past. I wish you good luck, however!

Can i make a McEctoplasm?

Can i make an all-you-can-eat buffet?

Can i just make the restaurant?

I weally want twu be heawd so can I cwy tiww evweeone heawz me?

I curse you with dying! Mwahahahaha !!

thank you so much to everyone who left feedback and critique! i will be going through later to add some more detail and meat to these spells! 

Luv this. Wonderfully written, as always

image.png.39bbfcd20e7867ba83b30fb97be87450.png

owo tentacles are babes