Tofuus

Dev Update December

SR0nBDN.png

Introduction

It’s a been a while since our since dev update so I’m a little rusty at this. I’ve made a quick image in ms paint since all the other teams have fancy images and I didn’t want to feel left out.

1.13 Update

1.13 is the largest update we’ve seen to Minecraft’s internals since 1.8. As a result it’s taking a bit of time to get all of our various plugins updated and working with 1.13. Right now it’s scheduled to launch along side 7.0. As for 1.14, that just depends on what the update process is like and when 7.0/1.13 actually launch.

A quick insight into just how many plugins there are on LoTC. This is from our internal LoTC 1.13 update spreadsheet. No means plugins that have not been updated yet. Yes means they’re fully updated and working. Untested means they’ve have code changed to make it work with 1.13 but we haven’t done extensive testing on it

vCYrkDd.png

Horses

As some of you have noticed, and profited off of, horses were silently unnerfed a couple weeks ago. I wanted to play around with horse stat values since it was pretty clear they were entirely useless. I let it play out for a couple weeks to see how the server would adapt to having horses become meta again. It became pretty clear that there were above vanilla cap horses running around. So I’ve nerfed the stats down to the following

Speed: 14.5. Vanilla’s speed cap

Jump: 2.7

There may be some adjustments to these numbers following your feedback. But I expect them to stay roughly in this neighborhood.

Mob Spawning

Natural mob spawns have been off for a couple weeks now due to a bug causing mobs to not respect spawn caps. This caused an insane amount of lag so I was forced to disable natural spawns for now. Normal breeding with animals should still work as usual

Forum Signs

Our old system for forums signs is due to break in 1.13 so I reworked it. I’ve recently pulled it over to our 1.12 branch so everyone can start getting used to using it. Creating a forum sign is pretty simple, just place down a sign and have [Forum Link] as the first line. On the second line add the forum id of the forum post you wish to link For example, this post’s id is 178356. So the forum sign would look a little something like this

Obywdwz.png

You know you’ve done it correctly when the text at the top turns blue.

7ENK9c5.png

Blacklists

You’ll start seeing magic and villany blacklists appear on player’s persona cards in the near future. If a player has a magic or villainy blacklist, it will look like the following 8D46siU.png

They disappear when the server rolls around to that date. This means for those of us in the ONE TRUE TIMEZEONE, it’ll be later in the day before that warning disappears.

Vaults

We know everyone wants to know when vaults will be made available. Right now there’s ongoing discussing about whether to have vaults this map and what form they should take. We’ll update you once that discussion is finished.

Conclusion

This is by no means a comprehensive list of things we’ve worked on/are working on. It’s simply a quick highlight. I’d like to say a quick thanks to my fellow devs 501warhead, Awe, and Llir for their continued hard work for the server. I’ll see you in 8 months for the next dev update

Great update!

27 minutes ago, Tofuus said:

You’ll start seeing magic and villany blacklists appear on player’s persona cards in the near future.

Love this.

34 minutes ago, Tofuus said:

You’ll start seeing magic and villany blacklists appear on player’s persona cards in the near future. If a player has a magic or villainy blacklist

can we add my sex offender status too

18 minutes ago, Abyssus said:

can we add my sex offender status too

I would but I’m too lazy to add 2 lines of code for a practical joke

6 minutes ago, PosidonX7 said:

Any word on creature buffs for next map? Aka things like necrolite buff or how golems used to have a health and damage bonus in pvp?

Straight damage or HP buffs most likely won’t come back. But certain races can breath underwater and don’t need hunger as long as you set it in /cex