Valyrian

The September Prince Eventline

Hello there everyone I am Valyrian, known by my persona name of Lerenzo.

I have decided to make this post due to fear of the eventline involving The September Prince being canceled soon. I would like to show a bit of support for the eventline and the groups that follow it, for I know that I myself and those involved do not want this to end, as there is still outstanding roleplay to be had.

As a frequent follower of The September Prince eventline on my main persona, I spend most of my time on LoTC engaging in actor/player built scenarios that are made entertaining by the incredible roleplay of each individual involved. A few specific groups within the LoTC community seem to want this eventline ended, perhaps for out of character reasoning more-so than actual rp reasoning (as most of those accredited to such haven’t even roleplayed with our group, or haven’t in a very long time).

It is apparent to me that this eventline is ignored by certain player groups, and I have it on good account that some of those player groups do not wish to interact due to lore-breaking. The eventline has been lacking, not on part of Aesopian or those that actually interact, but because of the lack of interaction from those who seemingly wish to ignore the eventline and just hate on it out of character.

I am adamant on my stance about keeping this eventline up and running, as are those that actually interact with the eventline on both a weekly and day-to-day basis. The September Prince eventline has proven to myself and those that interact to provide dynamic and outstanding storytelling and roleplay interaction, which I firmly believe is something that LoTC should strive for. The eventline is exceptional at the very least and that is due in part by Aesopian’s acting and participation, but certainly can be accredited to the participation of those actually involved. I believe in my heart that everyone could enjoy this eventline if they gave it another chance.

I apologize for making this short but I just wished to bring forth my opinion, which I will state in full now: Do not end this eventline, there is still a ton of roleplay to be had and a community that can be immersed by it like I and those involved have been.

Thank you for your time, LoTC. I appreciate the read, and I hope to see you all more involved within this eventline someday. This is Valyrian, signing off.

Disclaimer:

I am not trying to bash on anyone and I do not want to see this thread turn into what happened with the Aesopian Manifesto, as that was blatant toxicity at its very core. I just wish to establish my opinion as many of you have.

Hey Val’, this is well written. I think we all know it’s evident that I support keeping this eventline up and running. It has provided endless amounts of allstar roleplay to those who have actually been involved, and like you I hope to see others begin to interact and enjoy it as much as we have.

10 minutes ago, Bannerlord said:

it’s a poor quality eventline all around, shilled by loot goblins and those in aesopian’s cult

I have never actually met you in roleplay, Banner. If you come by and roleplay with us, I’m sure we can make a valiant effort at changing such an opinion.

Unfortunately I have not been following the rp part of the event much, but it is pretty fun for me and my friends when the event goes up for the PVE and PVP action.

In this video we have mad fun, and I think most people have a good time during the fight, but I’m not too into 70 man rp fights so I don’t know too much about that aspect of the server.

Edited by Flamelynx

4 minutes ago, Flamelynx said:

Unfortunately I have not been following the rp part of the event much, but it is pretty fun for me and my friends when the event goes up for the PVE and PVP action.

In this video we have mad fun, and I think most people have a good time during the fight, but I’m not too into 70 man rp fights so I don’t know too much about that aspect of the server.

WOW, that is an EPIC recording.

Been enjoying this eventline, absolutely adore the mix of rp and pvp/pve, it’s good stuff.  It also brought attention to smaller civs like Kadarsi, which I cannot endorse any harder.

Edited by Tasoth

Hi there while i was on lotc aesopean always for us made epic event such as the wonkas ,temples, sea hunting, monstethunting and the epic September event, sure some dont like it but that dont mean we dont! It was an epic ride while i was on it. So @Aesopian thxs man for giving me the best rp event i had throughout lotc o7 love you guys keep chilling and remember to have fun rping 

I actually did have fun at the start of the event line, missed the past two sadly. Def could be better tho, but nothings perfect. Overall I thought it was fun for those who attended. @Aesopian @Valyrian

Edited by Imperium

these are the events new players are taking as the benchmark of good

10 minutes ago, Imperium said:

I actually did have fun at the start of the event line, missed the past two sadly. Def could be better tho, but nothings perfect. Overall I thought it was fun for those who attended. @Aesopian @Valyrian

Hey, thanks! This is exactly how I try to perceive the eventline. I do think the eventline has so far been a positive for the majority of the server. However, nothing is perfect, and we are always trying to update our system and create new strategies to improve the experience for players in general. This can take many shapes, from improving player communication to altering PvP and RP dynamics — one of our most recent additions was a changelog in our warclaim posts, which has hopefully helped to alleviate concerns that feedback was going unnoticed. 

Nonetheless, we still have a long way to go before we can create the kind of event series that we would be truly satisfied with. We look forward to having you along with us for the ride during the rest of this journey!

It’s not being cancelled that’s probably the worst thing you could do with a big eventline

The rest of the eventline is being overseen by ET management to make sure there’s no more lore whoopsies and to try make it more broadly enjoyable for those who disliked past installments 

Help me, Aesopian has me at knife point and is demanding I show support on this threat. SEND HELP

The eventline has actually been really interesting once you get invested into it, and it’s a good combination of PVP, PVE, and RP. Normally I am more for my heavy RP events, but I genuinely enjoy the PVP and PVE aspect behind the eventline. Plus it creates more suspense and a sense of urgency as you watch cities being destroyed one by one, but you’re slowly getting closer to defeating September.

My only concern: Aeso. For the love of all of us, please get confirmation from LT whenever you plan on bringing in any endgame items or events. Just for our sake and to also make sure the eventline goes smoothly without any complications.

What can I say, I’ve had a massive problem with Aesopian’s events and his style for months and addressed it in a way where the public could show him what he was doing wrong.  After other channels didn’t work, it wasn’t toxic at its core. It was attacking an eventline that people praised as the one true thing that the ET should be proud and representative of.

No traction came from the post and there’s no threat of it being ended any time soon.