Unwillingly

Racial Buffs

2 hours ago, Sporadic said:

Name:  Generic PvP Goon 434
Race: Olog
Description: ((actually a human I just want the buff))
Click for more...

Better yet.

Race: Human (Olog)
Description: Orcs killed my parents.
Click for more...

When will the devs complete the transition from an RP-based server to the LOTC factions server we’ve all been waiting for? @Sporadic 

i do wholeheartedly agree that the “halfling assaults paleknight on account of like, religious bullshit or whatever, turns out to be pvp god & wins” thing is bullshit

but right now there’s like, an actual boatload of naz folks who exist for no reason and i feel that giving pvpers any reason to wanna become a super pvp demon would be unwise to say the least

first of all you got golems wrong lass we had slowness no hunger and iron armor passive res. That said here’s the thing, The war claims are done on a seperate server which we have already seen do not have a lot of the plug ins on it that we enjoy on the main lotc, why can we not have this for main server side and not the wc side? 

second off, dont make it racial but let us have classes that have specific buffs. Archer can get the archery thing that we use to have, brutes can have the orc stuff, rogues the dark elf speed buff. ‘creatures’ can have some sort of balance this being for everything non dark or automatronic. Automatronics can have res and anything magic related can have the armor pen that was given to the high elves. this was shitty and just thought up in all of 4 minutes but this way we can add rp flavor back to pvp and not shaft all orcs into ebing clickers and all wood elves into being archers. We also no longer have gear that boosts damage really so no one has to worry about that sexy archer bow set o na welf to 4 shot prot 1 iron

I would love PVP buffs back

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Tofuus said:

Click for more...

also people should stop whining about this because when you see it you can just get a mod to resolve the issue, it’s not hard. If people are repeat offenders then a punishment should be distributed.

I would suggest the following:

Olog- A bonus row of hearts

Uruk- Damage taken within the first five seconds of combat is evenly spread out over the next ten seconds

Goblin- Speed 1 for 10 seconds upon double shift clicking

Human- Regenerates 3 hearts upon double shift clicking

Wood Elf- Upon double shift clicking the next arrow shot will be enchanted with a random enchanted arrow effect that will last for 5 seconds

Dark Elf- Permanent night vision

High Elf- Resistance 1 for 10 seconds upon double shift clicking

Dwarf- Permanent Haste 1

Halfling- Invisibility for 15 seconds upon double shift clicking

Kha- Jump Boost for 5 seconds upon double shift clicking

HouZi- Strength 1 for 10 seconds upon double shift clicking

Golem- A bonus row of hearts and Resistance for 10 seconds upon double shift clicking

Other Creature- Permanent water breathing

Ideally the non-permanent effects would display a particle effect around the player when activated. Of course it shouldn’t be expected that these bonuses exist during a warclaim because of latency issues.  

Yes please @Tofuus

bring back nexus while you are at it, maybe a magic plugin too

On a more serious note, I don’t really believe in adding racial buffs and further giving incentive for certain races to be picked for their PvP merit rather than an RP one.

7 hours ago, Sporadic said:

Click for more...

5 hours ago, Tofuus said:

Better yet.

Race: Human (Olog)
Description: Orcs killed my parents.
Click for more...

1. Delete personas that do this.
  2. Punish Game Moderators who try to hide the race.
  3. Go on with life.

-There is no way to make it balanced.

-Some race will always get the best buffs

-People will create characters of that race to get the buffs (Remember all the goons playing necrolytes?)

-Pvp is a way to put everybody at the same level, only skill matters.

Literally, GM’s moderate so much already I’m sure they can moderate players playing one race for the buff while RP’ing another.

You see, each race had its racial buff removed . . . except humans. Humans have a buff that isn’t mechanical, but social; everyone plays humans. Humans have by far the most numbers on the server, and with nothing to entice people to play orcs, dwarves, elves, golems, etc. like racial buffs those races are falling out of favour. 

Most people PvP on this server. When the developers realise that there was a better spread of races with racial buffs and overall funner PvP under Nexus, hopefully they’ll stop being lazy and add it back to the server.

17 minutes ago, KeatonUnbeaten said:

Literally, GM’s moderate so much already I’m sure they can moderate players playing one race for the buff while RP’ing another.

You see, each race had its racial buff removed . . . except humans. Humans have a buff that isn’t mechanical, but social; everyone plays humans. Humans have by far the most numbers on the server, and with nothing to entice people to play orcs, dwarves, elves, golems, etc. like racial buffs those races are falling out of favour. 

Most people PvP on this server. When the developers realise that there was a better spread of races with racial buffs and overall funner PvP under Nexus, hopefully they’ll stop being lazy and add it back to the server.

LF non lazy dev team members.

It’s not on the dev team to encourage a race to be more popular by giving it a mechanical buff. It’s up to the creators and players of said races to create interesting lore and good communities. If your race has trouble attracting new players to it, a pvp buff will not solve those issues.

24 minutes ago, KeatonUnbeaten said:

its apparently also not on the dev team to listen to the people, especially when there is a majority in favour of nexus.

honestly unsure if ur comment is a joke or not

6 minutes ago, InfamousGerman said:

honestly unsure if ur comment is a joke or not

Nexus needed a rework, not a removal. Nothing is satisfying about winning PvP now because gear is nothing, all gear is base iron armour trash. Wheres the satisfaction of killing an important person and getting their black ferrum war axe or their dragonscale or diamond set? Gone, with all the satisfaction of winning PvP.

I agree with the points that grinding took way too long to actually get into properly, with raid gear taking days to put together and hours having to be sunk into professions to get any worthwhile return. At the same time, professions gave people something to do when they weren’t roleplaying; now, people who are around on non-peak hours are shafted by lack of roleplay and lack of anything to do.

Roleplay issues can be solved, make it easier to reach top-levels of professions and mobilize people to work for it. Nobody became a master blacksmith by just being born with the talent, you got to work for it (although it shouldn’t be as much as Nexus made you work for it).

Nexus should come back in an altered state, with shallower caps. People who can’t find roleplay get something to do in their off-time.