A Prince's Sorrow

TheDragonsRoost

“September...” 

It always began with the simple enough wish. To see nature returned to its former glory and those who caused its ethereal beauty to diminish eradicated. This was nothing new-being attuned to the Aspects wasn’t at all unfamiliar to September-but somehow the Aspects were testing him, prodding him. No one, not even his own bonded, could tell that he grew tired and weak since the descendants harmed him to the brink of complete and true death. He sought the only thing that could restore him to his former glory and mend his broken soul.

The Far Glade

“Do you remember yet?”

That voice said to him as if it was his only comfort. Those that he had bonded were out, causing mayhem to those he saw inferior, but something made him wonder. Something was on September’s mind that day that one of his bonded-Dreycon Rayfus- went silent from his mind and couldn’t be found. He surmised that Dreycon had found a way to break the bonding that bound him to his thrall, but that wasn’t it. September unwillingly didn’t realize that there were two sides to the boy in constant conflict, but he would still sense the boy’s presence.

“You wonder and wonder, but are you truly starting to remember or have you fallen from grace?”

September began to sleep that night, but instead of dreaming of nature, he found himself whisked away to a foreign world. He didn’t understand it at first, but what he saw had spurred something within him. Fear? Anger? Loss? No, he couldn’t be sure.

He saw a world full of many beasts and many people working together to preserve nature. Magic unlike any he had ever heard of existed here, but he somehow felt drawn to a huge island towards the north west. September’s mind wandered over to this island, but instead of the familiar powers of the Aspects, he found a single man. He seemed to be quite different than any descendant he ever heard of, so questions began to form into nearly half a conversation.

“What are you?” September asked the man in his dreams.

“Someone that has his eye on you, Prince of September.” The man replied, his tone of voice carrying great and vast power-nearly godlike. “And has begun to process of granting you passage here.”

“Passage? To where?” September asked, quite confused.

“Somewhere where gods and mortals interact. Where worlds collide.” The man replied, but something felt ominous about this man. Something that September couldn’t quite yet place.

But the question would haunt him for a short time as he would began to wake and begin preparations to the Dominion of Malin, to the portal to the Far Glade.

Yet who would notice that September had gained a Ring of Infinity?

OOC: Out of complete respect for the September Prince World Event hosted by Aesopian, I created a short Creative Writing story about September himself and experiencing a very odd dream. In truth, I enjoy the story of the Prince that Aesopian had created since the beginning of the event line back in August of 2018. Though Admin is planning of cancelling the event, I’m showing my support in favor of the event as I hope the story of the Prince continues on!

Thanks to @christhemythical, @Aesopian, and the whole September Prince event team for inspiring the character of September Prince. I hope to help extend the story of the Prince sometime in the future if possible!

-TheDragonsRoost

I'm unsure how I even gave you inspiration, but goodjob on the writing. 

also there isn't a farglade portal anywhere in or around Caras Eldar but good twist on it

I mean, it sucked, but ok.