[Completed]LoTC's aging system

Leviantae

Don’t we all agree that LoTC’s aging system is a bit too fast? Like, having your persona age by a month every single day... isn’t that a bit too much?

Why doesn’t the default aging system get slowed down? I mean, most players and staff already slow down their persona’s aging, so why don’t we make it a general rule?

Just think about it. Maybe you have finals and can’t get on Minecraft for a while, and when you come back, your persona’s already 2 years older. How fun is that?

Especially if you are a human, and you live a short life anyway. The lifespan of a human is indeed, longer than usual but I don’t think that is what LoTC needs, is it?

Who even plays their human character after they pass the age of 100? When you start your character in your mid twenties, 75 years isn’t that much, just 17 OOC months.

But how much of that time will you be actually spending on LoTC? I’d say not even 10%. So why does it have to be that way? Don’t you agree that LoTC should have a slower aging system?

Edited by Leviantae

5 hours ago, Leviantae said:

Who even plays their human character after they pass the age of 100?

Ascended or Undead.

Also, nah, aging is fine.

About the issue, 2 weeks for a year would make a lot more sense, since 14 months is closer to the real life 12 months and gives a lot more of that needed time. It also makes up for the jarring case of a year having half as many months as it should have.

That said, I think the curses and creation lore are both a very big joke. Really rooting for that definite rewrite 5 years down the line. Something concrete and with a good staying power would be cherry topping. Fingers crossed.

No, I refuse to go through a fifth change of how the years work goddammit. We already have characters whose ages are so messed up cause years went from 2 weeks to 3 weeks to 2 weeks to 1 week - Stick with the single week and just get used to it, 100 years is 2 years and that's not fast in the least. 

On another server there was a good way to handle time and how much time passes in a Fantasy World, and it went like this:

1 IRL Day = 1 Week
7 IRL Days/IRL 1 Week = 1 Month
4 IRL Weeks/IRL 1 Month = 1 Year

This breaks it up so that we dont have a Year every week, making us celebrate Krugsmas only once every 52 years in game and it gives the players a better timeframe for their characters!

vdWuK17.png

...Pardon? If you don’t like a short lifespan just don’t play a human. I don’t agree with any of your points. Leave the aging alone. Beyond that, humans live what 150? 180? years irp. It’s absurdly long and in a conflict based society you probably won’t even reach 100. ?

Edited by argle-bargle

It takes 19 IRL years for an elf to reach the age of 1000 in game, which is their max life span afaik 

think about that 

No, 1 week 1 year is good for childrens.

Anyways rn you can change the age of your characters at your will or don't even show it, hell even the Lore Team said that they can't enforce PKs on people due to age.

11 minutes ago, Suxals said:

Anyways rn you can change the age of your characters at your will or don't even show it, hell even the Lore Team said that they can't enforce PKs on people due to age.

Which is it’s own can of worms – What is the point of humans having short lives, and elves having long lives, if even the lore team don’t care if you play the same twenty year old character for two years straight zzz

4 minutes ago, Sky said:

Which is it’s own can of worms – What is the point of humans having short lives, and elves having long lives, if even the lore team don’t care if you play the same twenty year old character for two years straight zzz

Of course, and i really dislike it, but this topic is about the speed of agging and not about the age limits or if characters should or shouldn't be PKed. (Also apparently you can just buy race changes with crowns and Boom!!!, your 70 years human is a now a teen-looking elf)

While I disagree with many of the points on this post, I would support 2 weeks = 1 year.

11 hours ago, Leviantae said:

Don’t we all agree that LoTC’s aging system is a bit too fast? Like, having your persona age by a month every single day... isn’t that a bit too much?

1. If it were too slow, life and meeting new characters would get bland, for you would always run into the same people.

Why doesn’t the default aging system get slowed down? I mean, most players and staff already slow down their persona’s aging, so why don’t we make it a general rule?

1. My above point.

Just think about it. Maybe you have finals and can’t get on Minecraft for a while, and when you come back, your persona’s already 2 years older. How fun is that?

But how much of that time will you be actually spending on LoTC? I’d say not even 10%. So why does it have to be that way?

1. You have a life. Good for you. It is probably better than spending time in this magnet of negativity.

Especially if you are a human, and you live a short life anyway. The lifespan of a human is indeed, longer than usual but I don’t think that is what LoTC needs, is it?

1. Refer to my first point.

Who even plays their human character after they pass the age of 100? When you start your character in your mid twenties, 75 years isn’t that much, just 17 OOC months.

1. Hi. I do. You are not limited to your character staying a plain human. And even so, elderly rp can be great narrative wise. Furthermore, if you get pulled into pvp and kick someone’s butt, your 112 year old character can say he’s still kicking, pardon the pun.

If anything, time in LOTC should go by faster instead of slower. Faster aging would make the Human curse actually relevant (because who tf even plays one character for 2 years anyways?) and would make it easier to create large, multi-generation families.

7 hours ago, Sky said:

No, I refuse to go through a fifth change of how the years work goddammit. We already have characters whose ages are so messed up cause years went from 2 weeks to 3 weeks to 2 weeks to 1 week - Stick with the single week and just get used to it, 100 years is 2 years and that's not fast in the least. 

Humans are the only descendants affected by this. It’s lowering the time of able RP for human characters because the aging’s just so fast. You say 2 years, but it’s not really 2, is it? It’s only 2 if you start rping from age 0, and even then, it’s 114. That means that if you start rping with the ripe old age of 20-30 years old, your character becomes unplayable in less than a year. Not to mention, talking about other curses, they are largely irrelevant and the only curse actively hurting anyone is the human one.

Edited by Killmatronix

4 minutes ago, Killmatronix said:

You say 2 years, but it’s not really 2, is it? It’s only 2 if you start rping from age 0, and even then, it’s 114.

Two irl years is 104 weeks, where did you grab 114 from? I never said that you’ll be 100 years old, I said two years is 100 years in the game.

4 minutes ago, Killmatronix said:

That means that if you start rping with the ripe old age of 20-30 years old, your character becomes unplayable in a year.

Since when was role-playing a 70-80 year old unplayable, especially considering humans live till they are 150 – Hello?