Clan Hartgarde

On_Hiatus_CommissarFish

Introduction

A group of humble, free-spirited people consisting of travelers, vagabonds and farmers. They are ones to adjust to their surroundings, but have tendency to move around from place to place.

History

They do not have a true identity to one of the human subraces (i.e Highlander or Heartlander) due to them moving around so much they have accumulated many kinds of people, however throughout the years of being on Atlas, they have stayed close together with their fellow clansfolk.

Hierarchy

-=Chief=-

The Chief is without a doubt the highest respected position in the clan. They are responsible for inducting new clansfolk, keeping the Clansgarde’s morale high and to maintain the peace within the clan and outside of the clan.

-=Clansgarde=-

The Clansgarde are the loose militia formed by the chief to help protect the Clansfolk. It is a highly respected to position to serve in the Clansgarde.

-=Clansfolk=-

Those without a special position (farmer, merchant, hunter) or do not serve in the Clansgarde are simply known as Clansfolk.

Culture

Hartgarde’s live by a simple code of values. Those who cannot follow this simple code will be cast out of the clan with judgement made by their peers and Chief.

Family: Respect your fellow Clansfolk as if they were your family.

Fidelity: Remain true to the faith and respect those of different faiths.

Humility: Stay true to living a humble lifestyle.

Pride: Take pride in being a Hartgarde, do not let anyone make you question your own being.

Art

Sadly Hartgarde’s are not excellent artists, but they do however write their history down with excellent stories of their travels, people they have interacted with and with. They may not be good illustrative artists but with their words can fill many paintings.

Festivities

Hartgarde’s love to celebrate good hunts, harvests, new Clansfolk and marriages.

Hunt Festivals: Usually when a great beast is slain or many animals are brought back from a hunt it is common to present them to the Chief/Chieftess and then feast on the largest animal killed.

Harvest Festivals: When GOD blesses Hartgarde farmers with a great harvest, they are to be turned into great foods and desserts! Once they are prepared and brought out all Clansfolk from youngest to eldest pick out their desserts to feast on.

New Clansfolk Ceremonies: Whenever there is a new Clansfolk entering the clan or one is born into it, it is always a time for celebration! All the Clansfolk including the Chief are present to welcome a new member to the clan with open arms.

Marriages: When a Clansman is married it is customary to invite the Chief, his/her family and all the Clansfolk nearby. All invitees are to bring presents to the wedding and hand them to the betrothed after they have completed their ceremony.

Language

Common but with varying accents.

Faith

Hartgarde’s are typically Canonists, but they accept Clansfolk of other human religions and beliefs. The Chief of the clan cannot enforce his/her beliefs on Clansfolk of other religious beliefs. All Clansfolk are to live in harmony with one another.

OOC:

. . .If you are interested in joining Clan Hartgarde. . .

Feel free to ask me on discord! gamingfishtv#5628

This is a group for both new and old players alike! Hopefully this will be a semi-successful group.

Edited by gamingfishtv

So the Gallics? But less fleshed out

Edited by Slothtastic
Added in a lil bit

1 minute ago, Slothtastic said:

So the Gallics? But less fleshed out

You could say they are similar, but they are different. I did get inspiration from them, but I ensure you they are different.

8 minutes ago, gamingfishtv said:

You could say they are similar, but they are different. I did get inspiration from them, but I ensure you they are different.

How? You guys are kinda like cheap ripoffs not to be too rude. But you’re both nomadic, you guys worship God, they worship whomever the **** they wish, and they’re Irish. You both have harvest festivals, you have some hunts, Hartgardes are literally just less fleshed out Gallics whom are cooler

Just now, Slothtastic said:

How? You guys are kinda like cheap ripoffs not to be too rude. But you’re both nomadic, you guys worship God, they worship whomever the **** they wish, and they’re Irish. You both have harvest festivals, you have some hunts, Hartgardes are literally just less fleshed out Gallics whom are cooler

We aren’t Irish, we are more themed towards Tribes of Gaul. We aren’t 100% nomadic. I have read their forum post and I like the Gallics, hence why I got inspiration from them. But we are not ripping them off. Yes we have similarities, but there is always similar aspects in a lot of cultures. You may see it that way, but I do not.

Ol’ Gwion, Chief of the Gallics, briefly squints at the anthropology presented to him, but in his old age does not gripe-- But instead calls for a message of peace to these freshly minted ideological brethren. Those with common interests need not war, for the road is long and has plenty space for two.

Soon, a letter would arrive at whatever encampment the early Hartgardes call home.

“Clan Hartgarde – -

Hail from your brethren trapped in the south. I have heard of your people through the distant echoes of the road, and that we bear many similarities to eachother. Competition turns the wheels of progress, as they say, and I do hope that our rivalry is one of good spirits. Should your people ever need a hall to call home, ours will be open. May Widfarend bless and keep your people.

- – Gwion, Son of Amber, Chief of the Gallics”

3 minutes ago, gamingfishtv said:

We aren’t Irish, we are more themed towards Tribes of Gaul. We aren’t 100% nomadic. I have read their forum post and I like the Gallics, hence why I got inspiration from them. But we are not ripping them off. Yes we have similarities, but there is always similar aspects in a lot of cultures. You may see it that way, but I do not.

Gaul are French now. Does this mean you will surrender immediately? Also if you like Gallics, join them. They have a playerbase and are p decent. 

+1

Wish you luck on this interesting project