Jump to content
✗ ≬ ≬ ♏αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗

-=- The Sky colored hair of the Stormfists -=-

Recommended Posts

I look at this and wonder, who would honestly think this is an issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 For me it makes sense, i don’t get why people make a problem out of it. If it can be explained through lore and it makes sense then its all coolio.

Edited by Starlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything coolio.

1+

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see any problems with this lore so +1. It is rather a small piece not harming anyone or really contradicting much that I can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anime girls with white hair are the best girls, Dwarves with white hair are the best Dwarves 

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, while I could see the elf part not exactly working, blue tones etc. are possible from it. Be it cobalt or the actual heritage from the past, it could just be a different manifestation of the gene. There are Mali’Fenn that have blue tones to their hair, while it isn’t blue, so it could be how that trait carried over across species. Translation doesn’t happen as direct as it seems to in LotC so I feel like it could make sense either way. This being said as mentioned prior, it could just happen given the fantasy aspect of the server... you see some preeeeeetty weird things out there.

 

Spoiler

Aesil.PNG.ee975e6bd60a14a358ed36e77daa496a.PNG(Blue-tone Snelf)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares whether it makes sense from a lore perspective, y’all can literally just dye it if it’s not allowed to be a thing.

My guess is people don’t rly care about the lore behind it, but simply the fact that the blue/white hair looks wonky as hell

Until anime dwarves are an actual thing (and ho boi  let’s pray that never happens), I suggest toning down on the unnatural-neon-stuff, and maybe use a shade of white instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hobolympic said:

Who cares whether it makes sense from a lore perspective, y’all can literally just dye it if it’s not allowed to be a thing.

My guess is people don’t rly care about the lore behind it, but simply the fact that the blue/white hair looks wonky as hell

Until anime dwarves are an actual thing (and ho boi  let’s pray that never happens), I suggest toning down on the unnatural-neon-stuff, and maybe use a shade of white instead.

it isnt neon blue. Its sky colored hair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ✗ ≬ ≬ αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗ said:

it isnt neon blue. Its sky colored hair. 

(x) Doubt

In any case doesn’t change the fact that it looks hella wonky and out of place.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hobolympic said:

(x) Doubt

In any case doesn’t change the fact that it looks hella wonky and out of place.

 

there we go into the field of personal taste. I find Khas wonky and out of place yet they are in the server. There are uruks that are blue that look odd compared to the others as they also have horns for some reason. The fact is that if we dyed our hair then it would actually look neon.
image.png.22c7278d7a2601c3f4ec728604ce1a7b.png

Edited by ✗ ≬ ≬ ♏αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ✗ ≬ ≬ αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗ said:

there we go into the field of personal taste. I find Khas wonky and out of place yet they are in the server. There are uruks that are blue that look odd compared to the others as they also have horns for some reason. 
image.png.22c7278d7a2601c3f4ec728604ce1a7b.png

Yeah exactly, that was the point.  People might think the bright contrast makes the hair look tacked on and weird (and definitely unnatural), hence the trouble their giving you, not necessarily just about the lore behind it (which also is a valid point imo, snelves don’t have blue hair, and doomforged are a different subrace entirely, not just a simple variation).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hobolympic said:

Yeah exactly, that was the point.  People might think the bright contrast makes the hair look tacked on and weird (and definitely unnatural), hence the trouble their giving you, not necessarily just about the lore behind it (which also is a valid point imo, snelves don’t have blue hair, and doomforged are a different subrace entirely, not just a simple variation).

Doonforges are the outcome of a Ireheart and a Dark elf.

The main issue is not people bothering us ooc (which dwarf players don't tend to do) but rather that new people's apps get regected cause of the skin. People ooc can say whatever they want as long as it doesn't stop our rp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense to me, and I don’t see any reason why this wouldn’t be acceptable even if the reasoning had been flimsy, there’s no reason this clan couldn’t have independently acquired these traits by chance or by intentionally favoring it as a physical trait in their partners and thus breeding it in over time. +1

 

Just try not to let people go crazy vibrant with it, that could be a tad distracting rather than adding distinction. The issue will be one for skin-makers of these characters to have it blend in with the rest of their features convincingly. If they don’t do that well, you might get some people being whiny, but ultimately it’s not a lore problem anyway if that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apps are accepted w/ fathers as werewolves and being basically mini strigas but AT won’t accept dwarves with lightish blue hair

 

 

l o l

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems fine to me, I don’t know why blue’ish hair would be an issue. Even though none of the elder clans have that hair color the fact that the clan has mixed blood seems like good enough reason for the unusual hair color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×